Sample Society June 2015 *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a tracking number but I usually don't see my box for well over a week after I get a tracking number.

I got a shipping notice, too. This is the last box before the switcheroo.

I like the box make up this month. It really is a perfect summer box.

@@Writer07 It depends entirely on what you like. If you like makeup Boxycharm is great. If you want some good skincare with your makeup then Glossybox. If you want really good skincare and nice hair products then Beauty Fix by Dermstore.

If you don't care about makeup or skincare but would like a nice assortment of full size home/beauty/fashion, then Popsugar. Popsugar is $40 monthly. You can also do Fabfitfun VIP quarterly for $50, they usually have a collection of home/beauty/fashion/makeup worth over $200. 

StyleQuarterly is nice if you want some indie fashion. The Rachel Zoe Box of Style has wowed so far but they're only open for Fall subs right now.

If you want something cheap but fun, there's always Ipsy or Birchbox for $10. If you think you might be interest in Korean beauty products The 3B Box is $12. Plus there's the Walmart Beauty Box for $5/quarterly.

If you want natural/organic products, I like Kloverbox but they're not all makeup. If you want a box of natural makeup/body products there's Petit Vour and GoodeBox.

So basically, it depends on what you're looking for. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Personally, I like Sample Society and I hope it stays the same through the changeover. *crosses fingers*

Got my box gals:  

IMG_6078.JPG

Here are sizes:

St. Tropez Self Tan Express, 1.69 oz it's a foam mousse. At least it's a decent size to do a large portion of your body (if you're into the whole self tan thing.  Luckily I like self tanners and like to be tan. I tried some on my inner arm, will see how the color develops.

eSalon Perfect Ending Leaving Conditioner: 1 oz the booklet says this is for color treated hair. It smells nice, I might use it but I rinse all conditioners out since they tend to weigh down my fine hair.

E.L.F. Studio Small Stipple Brush: I assume this is full size. I don't have a stipple brush so I'm excited to try it out. The bristles are very soft.

Lauren B. Beauty Nail Polish: Shade is Polo Lounge Punch, full size. It's a nice berry color. I think I'll slap it on my toes tonight.

Completely Bare Wax Strips: This is a deluxe sampler and includes face and bikini wax strips. More power to ya if you actually try it on your bikini line, I'm going to cut mine up and use them on my brows since I'm due for a wax anyway. I'm thrilled to have a "not regularly seen" item in this box. If these work as good as the sally hansen strips they'll be great for in between brow waxes.

Cotz Face Sunscreen SPF 40: .18 oz, meh I think this item just made the rounds in beauty boxes in the past (Birchbox, I think). My bottle seems under filled. I squeezed it several times and nothing came out.

Over all I'm happy with the good size self tanner, the full size brush and nail polish and the unique addition of wax strips.  The conditioner will get used but it's just conditioner to me and the Cotz is boring. 4 out of 6 isn't too bad.

Now what will July hold???

PSA on the wax strips def cut them down if you are doing your brows! I may have ripped out a good chunk of my eyelashes tonight. I have such a tiny brow bone (apparently) :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Please grow back over night!!! I lubed them up with castor oil! Pray for the best!

Def using my thickest lash producing mascara for a while now!

But pulling them out makes them grow back thicker, right?! right???

There was this girl in my HS who used to pluck out all of her lashes because some supermodel did it and she liked the way it looked (Naomi Campbell maybe?).  She did this for over a year. 

I recently ran into her for the first time in almost 20 years and the first thing I did was check her lashes.  They looked perfectly lovely despite the plucking. 

There was this girl in my HS who used to pluck out all of her lashes because some supermodel did it and she liked the way it looked (Naomi Campbell maybe?).  She did this for over a year. 

I recently ran into her for the first time in almost 20 years and the first thing I did was check her lashes.  They looked perfectly lovely despite the plucking. 
Oh thank god!

But what the heck? Who would voluntarily remove lashes? I was able to get my eyeliner real close to my lash line this morning though so...there is that.

Yeah I think most of us made fashion errors in the 90s but she took it to a whole new level, haha

This box looks good to me. I'm not huge on self tanner but it's summer so it's sort of expected. I love the inclusion of wax strips-- does that make me weird? It's so unexpected.

The nail polish is a pretty color, I hope I get the same one. And I use eSalon for my hair dye and really like their shampoo and conditioner. When you buy the color kit, you only get a big foil packet so having an actual tube will be nice.

Cotz has the WORST sample size ever. Even if you could get more than a drop out, even if the little tube was full, it's barely enough to adequately cover your face! Sub boxes should boycott Cotz or only stick them in as extras.

Oh, wait. This box has six items... maybe it was an extra...

Now July... That will be the test.  I'm actually looking forward to it, that's how curious I am if there will be any dramatic changes.

Now July... That will be the test.  I'm actually looking forward to it, that's how curious I am if there will be any dramatic changes.
I have been wanting to cancel but hanging on in the hopes that the first box under the new regime will be amazing. 

I think my hair may be too powerful for the wax, because i (tried) to do both brows, but it only made my skin red and didn't rip very much of my actual hair out. i need a professional. 

Back