Secret Santa 2014! - Main thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you so much, both of you, for your replies.  I am excited about participating and excited to have an excuse to do more shopping.  Also, one of the things I love about giving gifts is wrapping them in unusual/creative/unique ways, so I'm also looking forward to being able to do that for whoever my giftee is. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Ooooh, now I am intrigued by wrapping.  I am not good at wrapping things so tend to go with the tissue paper and ribbon style.  I may have more time this year to look for cute wrapping paper and bows.  

Ooooh, now I am intrigued by wrapping. I am not good at wrapping things so tend to go with the tissue paper and ribbon style. I may have more time this year to look for cute wrapping paper and bows.
I had such a GREAT time wrapping your gifts last year! Wrapping is totally my game!

Advanced apologies to my Santee, I am the world's worst gift wrapper so your presets will come one of three ways: Looking like a toddler did it (I did), in bags of varying sizes (my go to), wrapped by a professional (yeah). Or maybe a combination of the above. :lol:

I had such a GREAT time wrapping your gifts last year! Wrapping is totally my game!
The gifts you wrapped were super cute!  Every time I think of your gift I think of the Oprah pic and hear her saying:  "And YOU get a lipgloss!"  

If you have already signed up & do not want to ship internationally, please let us know by posting in the sign up thread. 

https://www.makeuptalk.com/f/topic/134744-secret-santa-2014-sign-up-now-open/

If you haven't signed up yet, make sure you let us know if you want to ship internationally or not when you make your 'I signed up!' post. 

Any questions, let one of the organizers know.  :santa:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm super excited too!  I've never participated in anything like this - can't wait!  I have some questions but can someone pm me who doesn't mind answering a bunch of elfster questions, or can someone tell me the names of the mods running this?  I'm kind of stuck in elfster, but I'm past the sign up and started my wishlist and it has my BB019 nickname, etc.  But I now I'm stuck with what to do, how to get my wished items on the list (they aren't offered on elfster?).  Anyway, I'm confused! :blink:   

I'm super excited too!  I've never participated in anything like this - can't wait!  I have some questions but can someone pm me who doesn't mind answering a bunch of elfster questions, or can someone tell me the names of the mods running this?  I'm kind of stuck in elfster, but I'm past the sign up and started my wishlist and it has my BB019 nickname, etc.  But I now I'm stuck with what to do, how to get my wished items on the list (they aren't offered on elfster?).  Anyway, I'm confused! :blink:   
You can PM me with your questions if you'd like!

But I now I'm stuck with what to do, how to get my wished items on the list (they aren't offered on elfster?).
I can help with that!  I'm posting this here because I think this is something that needs to be answered in public.  I don't think I've bothered searching for a single item because I use links and text.  If you have a url, click on the Link tab (next to Search) on the Add to Wishlist page, paste the url in, click the Attach button, and edit as desired (tip:  if there's a specific shade/size/scent/flavor/etc. you want, edit at this point because you may or may not be able to change it later).  If you don't have a url, click on the text page and type away!

I'll admit my wishlist kind of sucks, because the number one thing I want to try is various Indies (makeup, bath and body, etc) and it's more a "SEND ME THINGS YOU LOVE" kind of year for me! I hope someone gets me who will enjoy that, don't want to cause anyone anxiety! But I did put on some specific things in case I get a person who isn't into indies and/or doesn't like the flexibility. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'll admit my wishlist kind of sucks, because the number one thing I want to try is various Indies (makeup, bath and body, etc) and it's more a "SEND ME THINGS YOU LOVE" kind of year for me! I hope someone gets me who will enjoy that, don't want to cause anyone anxiety! But I did put on some specific things in case I get a person who isn't into indies and/or doesn't like the flexibility. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Same. I "almost" feel bad for whoever gets me. My wish list is like 90% indie! I did add mainstream stuff to help them though. I am flexible but boy oh boy do I love indies.

Also: Is it ok that on my Elfster wish list I basically just said to see my MuT wish list?? I'm mostly on mobile and adding links seems like a pain. I will do it though if it's easier for my santee :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Also: Is it ok that on my Elfster wish list I basically just said to see my MuT wish list?? I'm mostly on mobile and adding links seems like a pain. I will do it though if it's easier for my santee :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Are you just doing this exchange and not the Nails one, too?  One of the great things about Elfster is that if you're in multiple exchanges on it, everyone can work off the same list and just click a button that indicates that something has been purchased, so it can prevent duplicate items.

Are you just doing this exchange and not the Nails one, too? One of the great things about Elfster is that if you're in multiple exchanges on it, everyone can work off the same list and just click a button that indicates that something has been purchased, so it can prevent duplicate items.
I'm only doing this one. Im not into nail polish enough to do the other one.

Back