Secret Santa 2014 Reveals

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG, my friend who moved to Florida last year was just complaining about the same thing...I want to go get you both, bring you to the arctic tundra here, and hide all the warm soup. lol :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
And the socks.  We'll hide all of the socks!   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was talking to a CS rep with Ulta yesterday and she too was complaining about her weather, and she's in Florida too!  I had to laugh at that.  I am always aware of the extreme weather conditions around St. Petersburg or Ft. Lauderdale as we have offices there and when the weather truly is extreme and impacts peoples ability to work, it impacts us, as we need to cover for them out here.

We got home last night to rain! It's not supposed to rain in SoCal! We have not seen much sun the past 11 days! It's 59 but looking forward to the 73 high by mid week. The coldest temperature I have been in was 25 this week in Montana. I guess we had a low of 30 here in San Diego while we were gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG, my friend who moved to Florida last year was just complaining about the same thing...I want to go get you both, bring you to the arctic tundra here, and hide all the warm soup. lol :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Hahaha...I came from Rochester, NY. I've seen my fair share of cold & snow, so I feel your pain.  It's amazing how quickly you get used to the warmth. We've been down here for almost 3 years and I've totally forgotten how to dress when I go North to visit family! 

They were saying there was a chance of flurries up in Daytona earlier this week. So it was legit cold earlier this week. I'm about an hour south of Daytona.

So this is really awful, but I've lost the pics I took of my gifts. I took them before I left for the holidays, left them here on my camera, and now I am back and they are just... gone, and not recoverable, at least not by me. I didn't post the reveal immediately because I was still trying to figure out who my santa was but now I wish I had just posted it.  The worst part is the adorable HoHoHo bows are gone forever and never to be seen by the ladies on this forum- they were the most adorable things I'd ever seen.

(Un?) fortunately literally everything she sent is open and has been used- some of it is nearly gone- so I don't think taking pics again would really help, and so I'm going to just list what she got me with colorful commentary about how much I love it.

@@Jazbot if I forget to mention something you gave me I am SO SO SORRY, it is because I am actually using it all though and it's not in one place.  I love it all!!!

-A Bliss Lemon and Sage 'body bar'. this is massage soap and it is pretty much gone already- it's toward its last slivers.  It's all my partner and I have been using on vacay and now that we're back :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

-The Benefit 'that girl' 'porefessional' and 'girl meets pearl' mini set of all three.  This was like a dream to get!! The Porefessional is a HG  of mineand I have desperately wanted to try the other two.  All three are also almost gone :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

-Socks that said 'Santa, is it too late to be good?'  I loved these and wore them a few times but my mom loved them so much I let her steal them when I left Chicago.

-Tickled Pink Face wipes.  I've been using these every day instead of my normal Yesto wipes and am really pleased with them! Plus pink's my fave color so that works out the best!!

-Buxom mascara (another HG of mine) along with a smoky eye stick.  These I haven't gotten to try yet but now that I'm reunited with my stuff it's probably a matter of days... or hours...

-A really bold, pretty purple eyeshadow from Sephora.  There was a slight casualty with this in the mail which is really fitting since the eyeshadow I sent my Santee also had a slight casualty, and like her I've been dying to try pressing some shadow and this gives me the excuse to do it.  If I end up being too lazy though not too much damage was done and I like loose shadow too.

-A bunch of fab samples which are also mostly gone since I used them on my trip.  A favorite of them was the Essentiel Elements Shower Gel- it smelles GREAT.

I was SO SO happy with my gift THANK YOU.  Sorry for this novel everyone.  I am so upset about the pics!!

Hey! I just realized something about my lovely, lovely gift from @@CurlyTails that I didn't notice at first!

So, in my Elfster wishlist, I mentioned that I broke the eyeshadow I use for my Elsa makeup. (It's that BH Cosmetics Aphrodite sample from Ipsy from back in November 2013). 

I didn't even realize that the Aromaleigh eyeshadow (Talisman) Christina sent me is very similar! How could I have missed this??? 

If this was an accident, it's just too perfect.

What's really embarrassing is that when I first started playing around with the Aromaleigh eyeshadow, I kept thinking how it would be a pretty good dupe for my Elsa eyeshadow. *facepalm* I never even thought she might have done it on purpose...

Anyway, thanks again Christina!  :lol:  You officially have me addicted to Aromaleigh. I already bought a full size of one of the sample you sent me... :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hey! I just realized something about my lovely, lovely gift from @@CurlyTails that I didn't notice at first!

So, in my Elfster wishlist, I mentioned that I broke the eyeshadow I use for my Elsa makeup. (It's that BH Cosmetics Aphrodite sample from Ipsy from back in November 2013). 

I didn't even realize that the Aromaleigh eyeshadow (Talisman) Christina sent me is very similar! How could I have missed this??? 

IMG_6184.JPG
If this was an accident, it's just too perfect.

What's really embarrassing is that when I first started playing around with the Aromaleigh eyeshadow, I kept thinking how it would be a pretty good dupe for my Elsa eyeshadow. *facepalm* I never even thought she might have done it on purpose...

Anyway, thanks again Christina!  :lol:  You officially have me addicted to Aromaleigh. I already bought a full size of one of the sample you sent me... :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Ha - this was on purpose! As soon as I saw you add Aphrodite on your wishlist I knew that Talisman would be perfect for you! I love Aromaleigh as well, so I'm happy to have sucked you in, haha.

I was holding off on posting the final list because I was hoping we'd see the rest of the reveals but it doesn't look like that's going to happen sooooo: 

Santa on the left, santee on the right. 

allistra44 JC327

angieharry usofjessamerica

ashleylind jesemiaud

atomic emilylithium

baglady ohsailor

bb019 kyuu

bellatrix zadidoll

bemybait atomic

bonita22 bellatrix

chaosintoart megan27ist

chelsealynn bonita22

cultfigure eggybread

curlytails dashery

dashery kelli

desha  mykidshave4legs

donna529  hsalt

dragonchick mirandaamanda

eggybread bemybait

elizabeth mac katiekat

elizabethrose chelsealynn

emilylithium shadowcat78

farrah3 elizabeth mac

fayex sophiarae

hsalt jocedun

ivfmommy cultfigure

jannie135 klg534

JC327 Jazbot

jesemiaud kristine walker

jocedun chaosintoart

jpark107 sheeeeeelby

jwls750 jannie135

katiekat ivfmommy

kelli baglady

klg534 dragonchick

kristine walker tgooberbutt

kyuu yousoldtheworld

ladyk lovepink

lovepink elizabethrose

mayra3 jwls750

megan27ist MissRoe

meaganola mikaglam

mikaglam shalott

mirandaamanda puppymomofthree

MissRoe msambrosia

monkeyx3 fayex

mrspooki secretholder

msambrosia toomuchelectric

mykidshave4legs onelilspark

ohsailor allistra44

onelilspark pooteeweet213

paulina ps sparklegirl

pokeballssohard sakura83

pooteeweet213 donna529

puppymomofthree angieharry

sakura83 desha

secretholder monkeyx3

shadowcat78 mrspooki

shalott curlytails

sheeeeeelby mayra3

sophiarae farrah3

sparklegirl ashleylind

tgooberbutt paulina ps

toomuchelectric pokeballssohard

tulosai ladyk

usofjessamerica jpark107

wadedl bb019

yousoldtheworld meaganola

zadidoll wadedl

bflopolska nicepenguins

jac13 ttanner2005

sweetyzoya verybluetiful

tanya0949 sweetzoya

verybluetiful tanya0949

ttanner2005 bflopolska

nicepenguins latinafeminista

latinafeminista jac13

Thanks for another great year everyone! Hope you all had fun :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks so much for my first SS experience - it was a magic time, a full month of wonderful reveals and amazing presents. 

@@tgooberbutt thanks again for all the amazing gifts - I won't be done playing with them at least till next December LOL  :hugs3:

@@sparklegirl thanks for bearing with me and my long-coming international package  :flowers:

Me too!  I loved the community-coming-together feeling...and the anticipation (and worry) for the reveals!  I don't know about everyone else, but for me, it was an amazing experience!

And it was so endearing to see how people were SOOOOOOO thoughtful and helpful and supportive!  I tried to be creative and thank you all for your support even when you didn't know who I was...I know a couple of times I inadvertently didn't follow the rules but I learned as a I went and no one got mad or stopped talking to me or called me names etc.

That's what makes this community so very special to me.  We care enough about each other to dig a bit deeper, look a little harder, and share more intimately with someone we've never met.  That's special.

It's like a happy place, a safe place and a fun place all rolled up in lippies, glitter and mascara!! LOL!!

All you guys here on MUT are amazing, and I'm so happy you let me hang out and chat with you! 

Just out of curiosity, when does the Summer one typically start (ballpark time is fine, I just don't want to miss sign ups!)?
I believe last year was towards the end of May, BUT I know we did it that way because we were waiting until after the site move. Could possibly be different this year, but we'll make announcements early :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I had such a fun time doing a secret Santa for the first time. Thank you to everyone who was so kind to me during my surgeries! Fun fact: The roof of my mouth is still numb from sinus surgeries apparently for most people it goes away but it's been two months and mine is still numb so my doctor says it's permanent! Something about the nerves all being connected and that's why happened. Weird!

Anyway my first experience doing the secret Santa here was so fun I'm so glad I got to be a part of it!

Sorry for the zombie thread guys, but I just wanted to take a second to (belatedly) post the lovely thank you gift that @@jocedun sent me! It was totally unnecessary/unexpected, but also totally sweet! She did some great reverse stalking! Here's the pic:

An adorable owl card (with a super sweet message!) to start!

20150118_183816.jpg

And then some awesome products! A new curl cream to try--perfect for my hair type! The L'Occitane shower oil, which is one of my favorite brands and I've been wanting to try this! Smells delicious! Caudalie hand cream, which is one of my favs and I can never get enough of in the winter. A foil of my favorite BB cream. And then TEA in lots of new-to-me varieties!! 

20150118_183840.jpg

So sweet and made me feel very appreciated. Thanks so much Jocelyn!!

I've been using my Fortune Cookie Soap wax tarts on a daily basis. LOVE the smell of all the scents so it's really hard to choose one. Sometimes I'm melting two at a time together - not in the same pots but in little glass ramkens side-by-side.

Back