Secret Santa 2014 Reveals

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry this is such a late reveal. I have been on vacation and my Secret Santa, the lovely @@atomic, have been so nice to hold on to it and send it to me this week. 

I totally did not expect it to get here today, but it did!!! Opening it has been the most fun ever since I am totally surprised!

Thank you so much for all your kindness and thoughtfulness!

So excited to be opening this! Looks wonderfully packed!

IMG_2074.JPG

Again, wrapping is amazing! Love this gift wrap print.

IMG_2075.JPG

This is the first item that I opened, and OMG! At first I looked at it from the back and could not figure out what it is. It is a Tardis bookmark! The Doctor Who fan in me is screaming!

IMG_2076.JPG

And then I opened the sugar lip set!! I have always wanted to try one of these, and now I have three!

IMG_2078.JPG

A coastal scents revealed palette sampler! This would be great to try out the colors and on travels.

IMG_2080.JPG

And then, there is this Dr. Jart BB cream duo! I also mentioned that I would like to try this brand and potentially find my HG BB cream. So thoughtful, this would be perfect!

IMG_2081.JPG

And then, there is the BBW apple blossom and lavender soap. I like the refreshing apple scent.

IMG_2082.JPG

Can't believe there are more! The Tweezerman eyelash curler looks amazing! I don't have one so it is very useful.

IMG_2083.JPG

This OCC lip tar looks so cute! I have heard about it but never tried it myself. Love discovering new products!

IMG_2084.JPG

Last but not least, the Tokyomilk dark lip balm in coco noir. The name sounds yummy. Funny thing, my santee had this on her wishlist too and I bought it for her. When I got the package, it looks so gorgeous, and i can smell the delicious chocolate scent from outside. I thought I should have gotten one for myself too. Now i have it!

IMG_2085.JPG

Everthing together.

https://www.makeuptalk.com/f/public/style_images/makenew/attachicon.gif IMG_2087.JPG

Thank you so much @@atomic ! I am so grateful for your gift.
That BB cream is awesome!

I'm so glad you like everything @@emilylithium! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I was a little intimated/worried seeing some of the other reveals. And I just realized that I forgot to take the price tag off the Fresh Sugar trio. :blush2:
Thanks a lot! You did a great job! It is everything I wanted! I tried the Fresh Sugar trio today, and it is so moisturizing, and love the colors.

my gift came today! I havent opened it yet, I just wanted to pop here quickly and let everyone know, but I will open it now and post photos soon. Thank you so much @PaulinaPS!! I'm especially excited about this gift since it's an international gift and I love international products. Stay tuned for the reveal!!

my gift came today! I havent opened it yet, I just wanted to pop here quickly and let everyone know, but I will open it now and post photos soon. Thank you so much @PaulinaPS!! I'm especially excited about this gift since it's an international gift and I love international products. Stay tuned for the reveal
YAY!!! I can't wait to see it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

my gift came today! I havent opened it yet, I just wanted to pop here quickly and let everyone know, but I will open it now and post photos soon. Thank you so much @PaulinaPS!! I'm especially excited about this gift since it's an international gift and I love international products. Stay tuned for the reveal!!
YAYYYYYYYYYY SO EXCITED THAT IT FINALLY CAME!!!!!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :) :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :)

ETA: She literally shipped out this package before Thanksgiving and it is just now arriving. Darn customs/mail people!

Last edited by a moderator:
YAYYYYYYYYYY SO EXCITED THAT IT FINALLY CAME!!!!!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :) :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :)

ETA: She literally shipped out this package before Thanksgiving and it is just now arriving. Darn customs/mail people!
Yup, I can personally vouch for the fact that it was one if the first packages shipped out. It was the first tracking number I received! *So* happy it landed!
I know she shipped early because she actually have me advice for my gift and mentioned in a post that she was already done shopping. I was super impressed because it was only mid-November and I hadn't bought anything yet! 

Reveal coming soon

Paulina, you did such an amazing job. From the wrapping, to every single item, this gift was absolutely perfect. Most of the brands are new to me which will make the next few months really fun to test new things. 

Before getting to the actual gifts, I want to share how pretty the package was!

IMG_1894.JPG

At the top of the beautifully wrapped presents was this lovely card!

IMG_1895.JPG

Everything was wrapped individually in this pretty purple paper. Did I mention I love the color purple?

IMG_1896.JPGIMG_1901.JPG

Remember the awesome glitter tape @PaulinaPS spoke about? I got that tape! And it came in two colors. I tried to save it but I wasn't successful :(

IMG_1897.JPG IMG_1898.JPG

First, I opened a collection of face masks. Korean face masks actually. I haven't jumped on the Korean skincare wagon yet so I'm super excited to have the change to try all these! The first thing I wondered was how to use the various ones. Well Paulina has me covered because she included instructions on them!

IMG_1905.JPG

I also got a Lemon Peeling gel. I wasn't really sure what this was, but Paulina included a note! It seems to be an exfoliating mask that removes dead skin. 

IMG_1899.JPGIMG_1908.JPGIMG_1910.JPG

Next she included a variety of creams, for face, body and hands. The most unique one is the orange&chili body balm- it actually smells spicy! I literally just ran out of hand lotion so I'm so happy to have two new ones- one for my desk at work and one for my purse. 

IMG_1907.JPG

[SIZE=13.63636302948px]This little cream is so cute it get's a picture all to itself :) [/SIZE]

Part 2 coming up!

Last edited by a moderator:
Paulina, you did such an amazing job. From the wrapping, to every single item, this gift was absolutely perfect. Most of the brands are new to me which will make the next few months really fun to test new things. 
OMG...I want to reach through the screen and steal everything you got so far! haha. (That little cupcake cream is really nice, by the way, I used mine all up! It's nice and light and I wish I had more. And now I use the container for depotting foils because it's too cute to not use! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> )

Part 2! 

Paulina I am so over the moon with this gift. Every new item I opened had me squealing with excitement. I don't know how you did such a great job because I don't think I provided nearly enough information for you to know me this well!  

IMG_1902.JPG

After opening all those gifts, the box still looked like this! It felt like a never-ending pile of gifts!

IMG_1900.JPG

I've read so many great reviews of Bourjois mascara so I'm really excited to try this one. And it comes with a little chain so it can be attached to phones- how cool!

IMG_1904.JPG

Again, I've read great things about this Avene product, and Avene in general, so I'm excited to try this. I wasn't subbed to Birchbox when they sent the Avene products so I finally get to try it!

IMG_1906.JPG

Caudalie! A brand I recently fell in love with. So happy to try these two products. The lip balm especially will come in hand this brutal winter.

IMG_1909.JPG

I mentioned I was on the hunt for a natural looking blush, similar to tarte's Exposed. Paulina got me a while palette of similar colors so I'm sure to find the perfect one. Plus, these set includes two beautiful shimmer shades. This palette will get a lot of use!

IMG_1912.JPG

This is a really nice eyeliner that goes on so smoothly, and in brown which I don't own much of. And another Bourjois product that I'm excited to try- in browns and golds which are my favorite eyeshadow colors. 

IMG_1913.JPG

LIppies! Look how cute that little pencil is. It looks like a similar color to the NARS dolce vita which is my favorite my lips but better shade. 

IMG_1914.JPG

This is such a gorgeous brush! Did I mention purple is my favorite color?

IMG_1915.JPG

I love chocolate, and almonds and mint, so these are perfect. I was eating another chocolate bar while I opened this otherwise I would have eaten this bar already!

IMG_1911.JPG

The last item I opened was this NUXE set that I've been eyeing. I love sets like this because I like being able to test products before purchasing the full size.  I actually have the deluxe sample of the serum which I've been sparingly using because I don't want to run out, now I don't have to be so stingy! I can't wait to use all the other products! I'm sure I will find a favorite in this set and will add it to my list once my 100 no buy is over.

@PaulinaPS thank you so much for this amazing gift!!

OMG...I want to reach through the screen and steal everything you got so far! haha. (That little cupcake cream is really nice, by the way, I used mine all up! It's nice and light and I wish I had more. And now I use the container for depotting foils because it's too cute to not use! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> )
Using that cupcake for depotting foils is such a great idea! Thanks for the tip- I never would have thought of that!!

I feel so undeserving of this gift. It is soo amazing and generous!

@@sparklegirl I'm SO glad your gift finally arrived and that you like it and that everything came in the right condition after this looooong journey!

As you and our mods mentioned - I really sent it before Thanksgiving and now I know not to EVER choose this shipping option again! I've been checking that non-changing tracking like crazy for over a month and it actually got me in tears a few times. I'm very sorry you had to wait so long for your present, I really wish you could have got it earlier  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Well, I'm just very happy you've finally received it and hope you'll have some fun with it  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

WOOHOO!!  Awesome mail day!  Three packages and one of them was a TY gift from my santee, @@onelilspark

Thank you SOOOO much!  I do NOT have a single gold tone polish (how is this even possible?), so I will absolutely rock this ASAP!

Butter London Steampunk set!  WOOOT!!!

IMG_1903c.jpg

The other packages were BB and two hats (more info on that in MUT Nest in a sec.)  WOOHOO!

@ Yay! I'm glad you got it! I got tracking on the package and then forgot to check it, lol. I hope you enjoy it, you spoiled me so much, I had to say Thank You!
I love it!  I've already painted my nails!!!

IMG_1906.jpg

Thank you again!!!  I was happy to spoil you!!!  Hope your new year is merry and bright!  AND warm!  We're freezing up here!

@ Pretty! I really like my Butter London Polishes!

I guess I shouldn't mention how I was complaining how cold it has been then... yesterday I had to wear longsleeves AND pants. The high was 69. I was still chilly... Today is finally back up to 80, but it's been raining on and off. It's a very rough life, lol. 

@ Pretty! I really like my Butter London Polishes!

I guess I shouldn't mention how I was complaining how cold it has been then... yesterday I had to wear longsleeves AND pants. The high was 69. I was still chilly... Today is finally back up to 80, but it's been raining on and off. It's a very rough life, lol. 
OMG, my friend who moved to Florida last year was just complaining about the same thing...I want to go get you both, bring you to the arctic tundra here, and hide all the warm soup. lol :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back