Secret Santa 2014 Reveals

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And the rest of my outrageously awesome gift from @ohsailor. I may or may not have had a small heart attack opening these boxes. Two incredible lipsticks that I have been lusting after forever PLUS awesome smelling perfume PLUS the freaking Electric Palette!!! So, so excited to play with all this stuff :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Ella, you are truly a Super Santa.  :wub:   :wub:   :wub:   :wub:

image.jpg
Thats awesome, the gifts just keep on coming! Your santa did great.

Ok so to my Santa, I'm sorry for posting this late my life has been hectic lately but I'm finally getting some time to post my reveal from the fabulous @@pokeballssohard   ...I can't thank you enough for this generous and beautiful thoughtful gift. I truly love it, and it was such a special gift to open during Christmas Day. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

You are so talented! This really warmed my heart to see something hand drawn from you.

I also draw as well so this was a perfect addition. {Feeling Special  :wub:  }

Peppermint Chocolate and Coffee?! Oh I approve...you did good.

So creative! I wish I had time to do this myself, I love how it gives a little bit of a rustic flare. Love.

My little helper loved opening the gifts! 

Oooh this.. is.. amazing, choose my own perfume from the samples?!

This is fantastic! I feel like you know me so well.

I love this bag. The following 5 photos are what was found inside.

I love benefit, this was a perfect set to try out. Love love love it.

bodyshopcoconut.jpg

Body Shop has been one of my favorites, and I haven't gotten the coconut one before so this was an awesome surprise!

unwrapped.jpg

Again thank you so much, everything about it, I loved. From personalizing it, to picking the gift out, to creating amazing additions to include along, it was so special and touching, it was definitely an honor to have you as my Secret Stanta  :santa:  !
What an amazing gift! The paper is lovely, I immediately need to look for that peppermint bark coffee. Also the drawings are so pretty.

Kyuu said:
My last resolution of 2014 is to post all the rest of the reveals before midnight!!! I'm such a lazy jerk, I promised stocking stuffers reveals days ago and I just didn't want to edit the photos. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> boo on me. Anyway, here they are, and @'s last package arrived today which will also go up really soon

Voila, Brandy's beautiful wrapping *_*

0IOiwUL.jpg

jJQTvcel.jpg

And the chocolate!

(And a few replies to the beautiful letter she wrote me-- sorry I messed up your plans for the advent calendar! I was trying to do it daily, but there was that weird week in December I totally forgot about it, and on the 24th I realized there was a whole bunch unopened, so I opened all of them, put them in a plastic bag and ate them over lunch. Advents are fun but so is eating a ton of chocolate at once, haha 8D; ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

gR5YevJl.jpg

Here are the wrapped stocking stuffers. Another Tocca hand creme in a different scent I am very excited to try, more red lipstick and lipliner! (you've spoiled me so much  :wub:   :wub:   :wub: ), some super fun perfumes I've been really wanting to try, and shower gel that's the perfect travel sizes. The Philosophy snow angel is a combined shower gel, shampoo, and bubble bath. It is weird I thought, "Great, now when I travel I only have to take this one! Amazing!!" (ETA: eep I just realized that the harvey prince hello! rollerball is not in the picture so I forgot to mention it. I LOVE HELLO IT'S SUCH A LOVELY, CHARMING SCENT!)

SOlu8ZIl.jpg

Santa candy!! For some reason, my brain immediately jumped to the lifesavers being cereal since I know they carry kiddie cereal boxes in that size... but actually lifesavers!  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

VcdFEVFl.jpg

What great stocking stuffers. And a stocking! How fun!

Next up, the last present...dundund
Looks like candy heaven and everything is packaged so pretty.

That is a gorgeous palette and its wrapped so pretty I would have thought it was professionally done. The letter was a super sweet touch to an awesome set of gifts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay.  I have a thank you gift from @@bonita22 !  I actually received it a couple weeks ago but was slacking on posting it do to being busy.  I hope I didn't leave anything out of the picture  :unsure2:  .  After receiving it I forgot to take a picture and then put everything away.  Once I realized I picked everything back out so I'm hoping I didn't forget anything!  If so, I apologize!  Oh, @@bonita22 also sent me a really nice card  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

20141229_101039.jpg

I was so excited about the Zoya set!  I've wanted to try their base/top coats for a long time since I love their polishes and remover.  Two Julep polishes in Keke and Hope, Number 4 Comb and Protect (can always use detangler), Coola lip lux (I love lip balms with sunscreen so this is perfect), ribbon hair ties, and a Temptu highlighter!

Thank you again!
Thats so sweet! I love the Zoya color lock system.

ALRIGHTY. Thanks for staying tuned. The reveal is here. Strap in, people. This is going to be a long one. (Also, please note that these are not in perfect order of which one was opened first.)

To start off, I'd like to thank my benevolent and generous Secret Santa. Words cannot express how grateful I am for all the wonderful gifts you gave me @@TooMuchElectric , this was truly a special gift and I will treasure every item given to me. 

PART 1

Okay, so I HERE IS MY GIANT PILE OF CHRISTMAS WONDER. And for you all's information, I did not wait for Christmas, I tore into it the second it arrived on my doorstep because I am child. Btw, thanks for all the glitter @@TooMuchElectric ,  I thought I'd look like a disco ball forever haha.

So first things first, I went for the shiny round cosmetics bag (which is so cute and useful) and opened that sucker right up.

Sweet. Hm, I wonder what that fabric thing is?...

A WONDER WOMAN APRON?!?! She is my queen, omg thank you I am going to wear this all the time. Even when I'm not cooking. Thank you thank you thank you!!!  :wub:   :wub:   :wub:

And here's the rest of the goodies in the bag, I just thought that particular gift deserved a highlight because of how AMAZING it is. The other goodies include Bare Minerals samples, including a blush, moisturizer, and Lash Domination Mascara. Two fun little body lotions,two Ulta dual ended eye liners, a pore care pack, a mud mask, three primers!!!! I LOVE IT ALL! <3

Next up were the cute little candy-shaped packages that were absolutely encrusted with glitter. 

-INCOHERENT SCREAMING- ALL THE LIPPIES I WANTED FROM JCAT? AND TWO OCC LIP TARS? Amazing, truly incredible. I am so grateful for this generous and incredible addition to my lip collection. I thought I would cry, I was so excited. And for this to be just part of the gift? I thought I was going to cry. I managed to stifle the urge, and move on to the next packages.

Okay, we have three rectangular-ish packages, and a cylindrical one, all done up in (glittery) paper with red ribbon. <3 Let's start with the cylinder.

That apron is seriously amazing!

PART 2

Yum! This tea is delicious. I had a cup that very morning. There were also cute little stickers rolled up in this package that are currently living on the cover of my sketchbook. Also these cute little pins were somewhere along the unwrapping journey, so I'll post them here too.

Some wonderful body wash and a neat little scrubby-dubby towel. This thing is great for exfoilation, and because it's the size of a large hand towel, I can scrub my back on my own by grabbing either end and slinging it around me. Seriously cool.

MAKEUP WIPES! Wipes are my go-to makeup remover, so it's always great to have more. The pink ones are particularly good for eye makeup.

And another cute makeup bag! What a neat design. 

And it was filled up with hair goodies! Yay!

Thank you again @@TooMuchElectric . This gift was such an incredible addition to my beauty stash. All the items were wonderful. I am a very lucky lady indeed, to have such a wonderful Secret Santa!  :wub:   :wub:   :wub:
Great reveal, those pins are hilarious!

Hi everyone! Looks like reveals are slowing down :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Just a small announcement I was kind of hoping I wouldn't have to make, but it is what it is. 

One of the rules this year was that you MUST acknowledge that you received your gift in some way. We would obviously prefer a reveal because we want to see what you got, but messaging one of the mods or acknowledging on Elfster would be fine too. 

Still have a decent chunk of ladies we haven't heard from at all & most of the gifts have been delivered (minus two that I am aware of). 

Thanks!

Even more great goodies! Andes are so yummy and your new eye shadow looks great on you!
Thank you!  I was worried my bug eyes would frighten people, but my hair looked much worse on Christmas hahaha!  You are always so thoughtful and full of nothing but kind words, I love your posts! 

I just received the most wonderful thank you gift from @@jesemiaud.

IMG_8102.JPG

I love the smell of Keims shampoo and I'm obsessed with lip balms! And seriously, that zebra!!!! I've only been lusting after it for the last year! It already has a home in my office. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thank you so much!
I'm so glad that you like it! You spoiled me rotten with the gift that you sent, so you deserve it. Birchbox points are a wonderful thing!

Thank you!  I was worried my bug eyes would frighten people, but my hair looked much worse on Christmas hahaha!  You are always so thoughtful and full of nothing but kind words, I love your posts! 
Lol you looked great! Thank you so much.  :blush2:   :blush2:   :blush2:

Sorry this is such a late reveal. I have been on vacation and my Secret Santa, the lovely @@atomic, have been so nice to hold on to it and send it to me this week. 

I totally did not expect it to get here today, but it did!!! Opening it has been the most fun ever since I am totally surprised!

Thank you so much for all your kindness and thoughtfulness!

So excited to be opening this! Looks wonderfully packed!

Again, wrapping is amazing! Love this gift wrap print.

This is the first item that I opened, and OMG! At first I looked at it from the back and could not figure out what it is. It is a Tardis bookmark! The Doctor Who fan in me is screaming!

And then I opened the sugar lip set!! I have always wanted to try one of these, and now I have three!

A coastal scents revealed palette sampler! This would be great to try out the colors and on travels.

And then, there is this Dr. Jart BB cream duo! I also mentioned that I would like to try this brand and potentially find my HG BB cream. So thoughtful, this would be perfect!

And then, there is the BBW apple blossom and lavender soap. I like the refreshing apple scent.

Can't believe there are more! The Tweezerman eyelash curler looks amazing! I don't have one so it is very useful.

This OCC lip tar looks so cute! I have heard about it but never tried it myself. Love discovering new products!

Last but not least, the Tokyomilk dark lip balm in coco noir. The name sounds yummy. Funny thing, my santee had this on her wishlist too and I bought it for her. When I got the package, it looks so gorgeous, and i can smell the delicious chocolate scent from outside. I thought I should have gotten one for myself too. Now i have it!

Everthing together.

Thank you so much @@atomic ! I am so grateful for your gift.

Back