Secret Santa 2014 Reveals

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay my final part of my gift from @@elizabethrose  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

While going through my pictures I realized that I forgot to take pictures of two things.   :blush:   The forgotten pictures are of Haus of Gloi's Snow Wolf in a Whipped Soap and Scrub!  This is one of the Yule scents that I haven't tried so I was really excited to see it in my gift.  I really like this scent!  I wasn't sure if I would but I really love the green notes in it and I can smell some of the vanilla as well.  

Glamour Doll Eyes!  Woo!  Elizabethrose was nice enough to send me three full size jars and a sample jar of the eyeshadows Picture Whore, Heedless Heart, and Just Bitten.  I wore Picture Whore today and I could not believe how pretty it is.  It might be my new favorite.  I also got a glitter tube in Victim of Deceit!  I've been wanting to try GDE's glitter tubes so pretty excited for this!

20141219_191410.jpg

My first Hello Waffle eyeshadows!  These are so stinkin' cute!  I've been really interested in this collection and am so happy to finally own these!  I could not get over how cute these were.  I had to show them to everyone at home.  I'm in love with these.  

20141219_191104.jpg

The end.  

I think that is everything.  I hope I didn't forget anything.  Thank you again @@elizabethrose!  I loved everything!  
The packaging  on the  Hello Waffle eyeshadows is adorable!

Part 2!!

IMG_0074.JPG

On the right is stuff for my husband.  You were so kind to include stuff for him!  He's recently gotten into soaps for shaving and so I'm sure he'll love this (he's been sleeping most of the afternoon.) On the top left is a soy chalkboard candle. Ah! It smells wonderful and it's so cool! Bottom left is a bunch of Laura Gellar products (I've really been getting into this brand lately - I've loved everything I've tried, so I'm anxious to try this stuff too!) and a lip lock pencil from elf! I've never really used lip pencils before, so I love the idea of having one to use for a bunch of different colors. 

IMG_0075.JPG

Her fur children included a gift for my fur-child! He's been jingling all afternoon! It's funny when he barks at the squirrels in the back, he's not so ferocious when he's jingling, lol.  And I gave him one of the treats - he loved it! 

IMG_0076.JPG

Yay for candy & sweets! Haha - I don't think you can see it in the photo, but she sent me snowballs and the note says, "snow sent from the north." It's about the only snow I can get behind!  I'm going to wait to share some of the local goodies for when my husband is feeling better. I'll have to put pizza on my menu next week to use the pizza sauce, it looks good!  And a serving set from Ulta - it's really nice! I'll be throwing a White Elephant Party on Saturday, it'll be put to good use!

IMG_0077.JPG

More nail polish!  And nail files & mani/pedi sticks! I won't know what to use when I re-do my nails, I have so many new options!  A Captain America sticker & activity book - I LOVE IT. I have a small crush on Captain America...not the actor, just the character. And last, but certainly not least, foundation brushes!  I almost bought one for myself on Cyber Monday, but knew I put it on my Elfster list, so I was good. I'm so excited! I've almost pulled the trigger on it so many times since then. I'm excited to use them tomorrow.

Phew! That was exhausting!  So many good things, I'm so overwhelmed. I love it all and it's perfect for me! Thank you so very much @!!!  

And for good measure, this is everything together...I had to stand on a chair just to fit it all in!

IMG_0070.JPG
So many great gifts, enjoy!

My Secret Santa was @@zadidoll and I am already loving all of the choices she made for me. I had to play with the last items I opened immediately! Here is the lovely card!

card.jpg

First I thing I saw on top was some Hershey's Kisses which my daughter has claimed as hers, maybe I will share ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

hersheys.jpg

I really loved the blackboard look wrapping paper and my daughter is trying to steal the gift the next gift too! Two chocolate bars, I will eat the almond one ASAP.

wrapping.jpg

chocolate.jpg

Next came this brush roll that will work great when I leave for vacation. 

brush-roll.jpg

I could smell this the moment I picked up the box. Really loving the scent, will look it up later.

lush-bomb.jpg

Look at this adorable Tarte Set. The blush will go in my makeup bag that goes in my purse immediately.

The final gift I opened was this Z-Palette!!!!!!!!

This happened immediately!

Those two Stila shadows were already broken. I have some other things to put in that I could not just pry out so I will put them in when I have more time to heat them up and then pry out. I really loves this!!!

Here is everything all together.

group-shot-2.jpg

Thank you so much more the lovely gift @@zadidoll!
Great gifts, so cool you used your z-palette right away.

Here's my pic of my amazing gift from @@Bflopolska --ALL of it is local, and from where I grew up. Lovely lip colors, shadows, and solid perfume, and wonderful foods. I am so thrilled. 

I hope this works as an image link--fingers crossed. The orange chocolate sponge candy is halfway gone already ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

B5fKWIVCIAAj1qY.jpg
That hot sauce and bbq sauce look delicious!

It's here.. It's here.. And my secret santa is @tanya0949. Thank you so much for all the gifts Tanya :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

ETA the pics :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was a little worried when I saw the box but everything inside was in perfect condition :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

image.jpg

IMG_20141222_182613.jpg

IMG_20141222_182635.jpg

And here they are all unwrapped  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

IMG_20141222_182846.jpg

I have heard great things about the real technique brushes and have always wanted to try the purity. I wanted to buy it @sephora during BF but missed it. So thank you for them. Can't wait to use it.

And I could smell this in my mailbox. Thank you for this amazing smelling LUSH.  :w00t:  This is my first LUSH product and can't wait to use it tomorrow.

IMG_20141222_182925.jpg

I love it and my little helpers love it. As soon as I opened the box they both scrambled for the LUSH ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

IMG_20141222_183353.jpg

And my youngest tried to eat it  :satisfied:

IMG_20141222_183623.jpg

I had to add this pic of my little helpers :wub:

IMG_20141222_183127.jpg

Thank you so much Tanya. This is my first ever secret santa and you have picked such awesome products for me. :hugs3:

Merry Christmas and Wishing you a very Happy new year :luv:
Nice brush set and you have beautiful kids.

Day 5 of my Santa's awesome gift!!

IMG_0317.JPG

Oooo what do we have here.....

IMG_0320.JPG

Ok I'm officially intrigued!

IMG_0321.JPG

IMG_0349.JPG

IMG_0352.JPG

Look at that gorgeous color! It's so spot on I can't even stand it, it's seriously so pretty to look at it! I'm sure it'll be better on my nails  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And last, but not least, for today: 

IMG_0322.JPG

More delicious tea!

Thank you, thank you @@nicepenguins
Thats a gorgeous nail polish and the tea sounds so yummy!

This is upon opening, love love the handmade card!!!
mut2.jpg

Look how everything was wrapped!!!!! LOVE:)

My individual pics were blurry so I am posting one of all my pretties opened up. She made me a pretty totebag and candle, the candle is burning as I type, great throw. I wish I was as crafty as you are:) I love everything you picked for me, the Stila palette, bite set, tarte set is adorable!!! Samples were dead on and quite a few are new to me so I will be having fun trying new things. Thank you so much pooteeweet for making this an amazing Secret Santa:) Merry Christmas!!
mut dwap.jpg
My beautiful package arrived Saturday. Sorry for the late reveal, but I have been working like a mad woman. My awesome santa was @@pooteeweet213 . This is upon opening, love love the handmade card!!!
mut2.jpg

20141220_160947.jpg

My individual pics were blurry so I am posting one of all my pretties opened up. She made me a pretty totebag and candle, the candle is burning as I type, great throw. I wish I was as crafty as you are:) I love everything you picked for me, the Stila palette, bite set, tarte set is adorable!!! Samples were dead on and quite a few are new to me so I will be having fun trying new things. Merry Christmas and thank you so much:)

mut dwap.jpg

This is upon opening, love love the handmade card!!!

My individual pics were blurry so I am posting one of all my pretties opened up. She made me a pretty totebag and candle, the candle is burning as I type, great throw. I wish I was as crafty as you are:) I love everything you picked for me, the Stila palette, bite set, tarte set is adorable!!! Samples were dead on and quite a few are new to me so I will be having fun trying new things. Thank you so much pooteeweet for making this an amazing Secret Santa:) Merry Christmas!!
mut dwap.jpg
My beautiful package arrived Saturday. Sorry for the late reveal, but I have been working like a mad woman. My awesome santa was @@pooteeweet213 . This is upon opening, love love the handmade card!!!
mut2.jpg

20141220_160947.jpg

My individual pics were blurry so I am posting one of all my pretties opened up. She made me a pretty totebag and candle, the candle is burning as I type, great throw. I wish I was as crafty as you are:) I love everything you picked for me, the Stila palette, bite set, tarte set is adorable!!! Samples were dead on and quite a few are new to me so I will be having fun trying new things. Merry Christmas and thank you so much:)
Awesome gifts!

Ok, that was one of the longest work days ever knowing that I had a box of goodies waiting from @@Shalott!  But it was sooooo worth the wait!  I feel so spoiled and lucky to have gotten such a thoughtful Santa.  Seriously, everything is so perfect and I can't wait to enjoy all of the new pretties!  @@Shalott seriously knocked it out of the park!

On to the pretties!

When I first opened the package, I found this adorable gift box.  Hi, Santa!

IMG_2047.JPG

And boy was that box stuffed!

IMG_2048.JPG

Here's everything laid out.  The gift wrap was all so gorgeous!  Shalott has some mad wrapping skills for sure!

IMG_2049.JPG

I didn't see any numbers on the packages, so I dove right in.  Each of the gifts had a tag with a cute note.  The first thing I found seriously could have been my entire gift and I would have been thrilled!

IMG_2050.JPG

IMG_2052.JPG

Hello Waffle Catssic Literature!  I have been drooling over this collection ever since I saw swatches (not to mention the adorable names - c'mon, JK Meowling, yes, please!), and they are even more beautiful in person.  I can't wait to try these out.

The next thing I found made a little teary eyed, it was so beautiful!

IMG_2055.JPG

IMG_2056.JPG

The Tarte Best for Lash set!  Seriously, getting choked up again.  I love love love holiday sets, and Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes is my favorite mascara - and I am a mascara fiend.  Plus, the box is just so pretty I want to carry it around and tell people to look at it.  LOOK AT IT!

At this point, my pug made an appearance to see what the fuss was about.

IMG_2057.JPG

I think I'm approaching the picture limit, so you'll have to wait for part 2 for the rest! 
All you ladies are seriously talented at gift wrapping.  That Tarte set it so pretty.

On to part 2, because @@Shalott is a serious Secret Santa!

The next gift I suspected might have some smell goods in it.

IMG_2058.JPG

IMG_2059.JPG

And it did!  The first thing I noticed was this awesome Las Vegas key chain!  Followed by the smell goods!  Black Violet perfume in Lemondrop - I wanted to drink this, it smelled so delicious!  And Haus of Gloi perfume in Wintervale.  I got a couple of Wintervale products as gifts for other people but did not get the perfume, so I was super excited to get the chance to try the perfume, and it is glorious!  The scent is wintery and complex and I just want to bathe in a tub of it.

The next note made me laugh and I was excited about what I thought might be inside.

IMG_2060.JPG

IMG_2061.JPG

My first Bite!  This is Bite lip gloss in Currant, and it's my favorite kind of color for lip gloss.  I prefer lip gloss over lipstick usually, so this will get put to very good use!

I wasn't sure what the next gift would bring, but I had a feeling it would be something good!

IMG_2064.JPG

IMG_2065.JPG

And I was right!  Alchemic Muse cream soaps in Krumkake and Spiked Nog!  The scents are so heavenly!  I could just drink up that Spiked Nog, but I'll settle for a delicious shower instead!

I just realized that one of my pictures went missing.  Let me take one real quick because it was something amazing!

IMG_20811.JPG

Haus of Gloi whipped soap in Eggnoggin!  Every Christmas I look forward to drinking egg nog, and this scent makes me feel all Christmasy and wonderful inside!  It will definetely help keep the holiday season going and going! 

Looks like this is going to be a three-parter!
Nice goodies!

On to part 3 of the wonderland of gifts from @@Shalott

I was excited about what the next gift would bring.

IMG_2067.JPG

IMG_2068.JPG

A beautiful red bag full of samples!

IMG_2069.JPG

IMG_2070.JPG

So many goodies!  A deluxe sample of Dr. Jart BB Cream, a Bare Minerals blush, and an adorable jar of Tarte Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder!  I love all of these!  Plus, a variety of foil samples!  I'm one of those strange people who loves foil samples, so this was like a gold mine to me!  I spotted several BB/CC creams, which is perfect because I'm on the hunt for a new one.  I can't wait to give these a try!

Also included were several Aromaleigh sample baggies!  I love Aromaleigh because the colors are so intense and beautiful.  These will fit in nicely with my growing collection!

The next gift had me a little stumped, I'll admit.

IMG_2072.JPG

IMG_2073.JPG

The cutest little Yankee Candle in Home for the Holidays!  And this smells exactly like the holidays to me!  I'm going to burn this while watching Christmas movies and wrapping presents tonight!

I actually had a feeling of what the last gift would be after I read the tag.

IMG_2075.JPG

IMG_2076.JPG

And I was right!  Hawaiian Host chocolates!  I don't think I mentioned this anywhere, but my family is from Hawaii.  Every Christmas when I was a kid my grandpa would send over a big box of goodies from Hawaii, including several varieties of Hawaiian Host chocolates!  Seeing these candies brings me right back to my childhood - plus, they are super yummy!

Here is all of my amazing, super fantastic, perfect gift from @@Shalott

I seriously won the Secret Santa jackpot!  I could tell that so much thought went into this gift, and I am beyond amazed at everything.  It's been a hectic holiday season for me, and I'm looking forward to spending some time relaxing and playing with all of this new goodies.

@@Shalott, I cannot thank you enough for everything!  I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!
Love all the little hints in the notes.

Day 6 of my awesome-sauce gift from @@nicepenguins !

What do we have in this cute little package? 

IMG_0353.JPG

A palette! I love palettes  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

IMG_0376.JPG

IMG_0379.JPG

Did some amateur swatching........look at the pretty colors! 

IMG_0380.JPG

Once again, thank you Santa!!
What a pretty palette!

So, I was awakened this morning by a knock on the door (HELLO this is my 2 weeks I can sleep in) and I was a little peeved, until I looked outside and saw a box on my doorstep from my lovely santee, @meaganola!

She sent me a box full of her favorite Trader Joe's goodies! (Yeah, I am one of those sad people who does not live near a TJ's...and I see everyone talk about their TJ treats at holidays and pout, a lot).

AND the December OTM! (Yeah, I've whined on here plenty about the fact that I can never manage to get my hands on an OTM, since I"m always at work at that time and I've been in withdrawal since my 6 months ran out aaaaaages ago.)

IMG_8597.JPG

THANK YOU MEAGAN! It's been kind of a bummer of a week (I tend to get the holiday blahs since I know the most christmas I'll have this year is making my animals unwrap things, LOL) and this totally helped and made me feel a little sappy. You so made my week. <3 <3
Thats such a sweet and thoughtful gift. I cant help but smile at the overwhelming kindness of the ladies here. Everything from Trader Joes looks delicious, I've never been or tried anything from there but its on my bucket list of things to do/try.

Kyuu said:
So yesterday was my birthday, and because my santa is not only the best santa, but also the MOST AMAZING PERSON EVER, she sent me a birthday present. I was going to post yesterday, but I got derailed by skyping with my best friend for three hours (sorry! but it was fun so no regrets!) And it occurred to me I should stop being a jerk and actually put these under spoiler tags now that I figured out how to use them again.

Also: SANTA I GOT YOUR (FINAL???) PRESENT and holy crap it's huge. I will open it either tomorrow or tonight but omigosh. >.< I CAN'T WAIT TO MEET YOu!!!

f7EVCyS.jpg

eeeeeh!!!

diKaOhW.jpg

look at the puppy and the card. The art is so amazingly adorable.

gOZP56N.jpg

"it's your birthday, whoo-hoo!

Gussy yourself up and do the best "you"!

You are the center of everything today

Go! Run! Live it up! Then dance the night away!

Think of it as the anniversary of the day the world was graced with your presence.]

Yess!! They finally get it!!

Happy birthday!"

Thank you so much santa T_________T This is so cute and I really appreciate your cards and your words (and obviously all the presents!)

32Ou3kF.jpg

another look at all the beautiful wrapping!!

m4XXfgm.jpg

I opened all the "small" (they weren't small at all!) gifts first and OMIGOSH SO MANY FUN THINGS!!! Origins! Kiehls! Josie Maran! Lorac!!! I love Lorac's eyeshadow (this was on my wishlist too!) and I'm going to treat the heck out of my skin tonight.

0VIS4Af.jpg

another look at all the beautiful shadows in the Lorac palette *___*

So I left the final two unopened before I photographed these because I wasn't sure if it was going to be more giftception, but they turned out to be two amazing gift sets!!! 

OuUp75G.jpg

omigosh, how luxurious!! two of my favs from Origins and one thing I've never tried.

WuDEv1p.jpg

look at this amazingly beautiful Kiehl's box. I wouldn't even care if there was nothing else in it, the packaging is so beautiful (but of course, because Santa is so amazing and thoughtful there is stuff in it!)

RK1ypPt.jpg

aaaah!!!! What a great set. I've tried a few things from Kiehl's when I made the orders to get their holiday minis, but I've never splurged on a whole set. Thank you so so so much!!!

Santa, thank you for making my birthday magical as well as this entire holiday season!!  :wub:   :wub:   :wub:   :wub:   :wub:   :wub:   :wub:   :wub:   :wub:   :wub:   :wub:   :wub:   :wub:   :wub:   :wub:   :wub:   :wub:

You've genuinely spoiled me so much, I don't even have the words to express how much this means to me.

More to come!!!
All I can say is wow! Hope your birthday was great.

On the twelfth day of Christmas my Santa gave to me: 12 Eye products! Holy cats!

Eyeliners, Lancome and L'Oreal full size mascaras, eye creams, UDPP samples, and two UD eyeshadows in Mildew and X!!!!! I was gobsmacked.

Words are totally inadequate to convey my gratitude and thanks for such an overwhelming Secret Santa experience.

Recap:

1 Tote Bag (with dry shampooo)

2 Fragrance Samples in two of my favorite scents

3 Pet treats, two for cats one for dawgster

4 Nail items, three polishes and a cuticle balm

5 face products, BB cream, blotting linens, Chella pencil, Beauty Blender and full size Fakeup

6 Household Items , Holiday dish towel, two fabulous candles, BBW handsoap, and two superlative Alhambra items, ( tray and container )

7 Handcrafted Gifts, cards, ornaments, salt scrub and purple lace scarf

8 Facial products, cleansers, cloths, moisturizers and makeup remover

9 Luscious Lippies:  YSL, Dior, UD, Too Faced , Shiro, IT Cosmetics, Laqa,Fresh, Doterra

10 Tasty Treats, assorted goodies for the whole family, nom-nom!!

11 Delicious Recipes, yummy!

12 Eye products, UD, Lancome, L'Oreal, Ulta, Clarins, Restorsea, all kinds of goodies!!
Amazing finale! Enjoy all your gifts you deserve them.

Aww, I arrived home to discover a super sweet package from @, thanking me for my help in coordinating Secret Santa!   I received tracking for it Monday via Elfster, but I thought it was my Nails Secret Santa package, but it was a completely different and total surprise present!  Finally, my lap was not infested with kitties long enough to be able to open it!  (This didn’t last long.  Ed keeps moving back and forth from my lap to my chest, and he alternates between grooming himself, trying to groom me, and nuzzling me, except he’s a wee bit too uncoordinated to properly nuzzle thanks to developmental issues, so it’s like the sweetest head butting in the world.  Snuggly kitty!)

66b8932d-3a4b-4dfb-bf4f-50787df2510c_zpsd6d8cc0d.jpg
569f1194-564e-470d-ae43-fa027bf1d75f_zpsa5bb9b73.jpg

A hair mask!  Mud masks!  Hand cream!  Nail polish!  A Lush bubble bar!  (I believe this little guy was specifically a Christmas Penguin bubble bar before I accidentally smushed him.)  Fancy-pants skincare I'm too cheap to buy for myself!  And in the first photo but not the second because kitties were *far* too interested in it for my comfort:  Some sort of magical chocolate-nut-toffee delight!  I'll get all *sorts* of pampered and spoiled!

Thank you, @!  That was completely unexpected and far too kind for words! 
Thats an awesome surprise!  So thoughtful and sweet.

@@Sakura83 Yay! I'm so glad you liked your gift! It was super fun shopping for you, you have impeccable taste. I'm glad you liked my little illustration cards as well. Oooh, let me know which rollerball you pick out of the perfume sampler. I was really curious about which one you'd end up going with. <3 <3 <3

I'm sorry to everyone for being so MIA. I went to California for Christmas, and didn't really have time to get online and post my reveal. I'd especially like to apologize to my wonderful Secret Santa @@TooMuchElectric , because the amazing package you sent me deserves a reveal!

I will be posting up my reveal tomorrow. Got a new phone and I need to transfer pics over and all that jazz before I can get them all uploaded. Stay tuned!!!

Okay.  I have a thank you gift from @@bonita22 !  I actually received it a couple weeks ago but was slacking on posting it do to being busy.  I hope I didn't leave anything out of the picture  :unsure2:  .  After receiving it I forgot to take a picture and then put everything away.  Once I realized I picked everything back out so I'm hoping I didn't forget anything!  If so, I apologize!  Oh, @@bonita22 also sent me a really nice card  :)

20141229_101039.jpg

I was so excited about the Zoya set!  I've wanted to try their base/top coats for a long time since I love their polishes and remover.  Two Julep polishes in Keke and Hope, Number 4 Comb and Protect (can always use detangler), Coola lip lux (I love lip balms with sunscreen so this is perfect), ribbon hair ties, and a Temptu highlighter!

Thank you again!

ALRIGHTY. Thanks for staying tuned. The reveal is here. Strap in, people. This is going to be a long one. (Also, please note that these are not in perfect order of which one was opened first.)

To start off, I'd like to thank my benevolent and generous Secret Santa. Words cannot express how grateful I am for all the wonderful gifts you gave me @@TooMuchElectric , this was truly a special gift and I will treasure every item given to me. 

PART 1

Okay, so I HERE IS MY GIANT PILE OF CHRISTMAS WONDER. And for you all's information, I did not wait for Christmas, I tore into it the second it arrived on my doorstep because I am child. Btw, thanks for all the glitter @@TooMuchElectric ,  I thought I'd look like a disco ball forever haha.

So first things first, I went for the shiny round cosmetics bag (which is so cute and useful) and opened that sucker right up.

Sweet. Hm, I wonder what that fabric thing is?...

A WONDER WOMAN APRON?!?! She is my queen, omg thank you I am going to wear this all the time. Even when I'm not cooking. Thank you thank you thank you!!!  :wub:   :wub:   :wub:

And here's the rest of the goodies in the bag, I just thought that particular gift deserved a highlight because of how AMAZING it is. The other goodies include Bare Minerals samples, including a blush, moisturizer, and Lash Domination Mascara. Two fun little body lotions,two Ulta dual ended eye liners, a pore care pack, a mud mask, three primers!!!! I LOVE IT ALL! <3

Next up were the cute little candy-shaped packages that were absolutely encrusted with glitter. 

-INCOHERENT SCREAMING- ALL THE LIPPIES I WANTED FROM JCAT? AND TWO OCC LIP TARS? Amazing, truly incredible. I am so grateful for this generous and incredible addition to my lip collection. I thought I would cry, I was so excited. And for this to be just part of the gift? I thought I was going to cry. I managed to stifle the urge, and move on to the next packages.

Okay, we have three rectangular-ish packages, and a cylindrical one, all done up in (glittery) paper with red ribbon. <3 Let's start with the cylinder.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back