Secret Santa 2014 Reveals

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PART 2

Yum! This tea is delicious. I had a cup that very morning. There were also cute little stickers rolled up in this package that are currently living on the cover of my sketchbook. Also these cute little pins were somewhere along the unwrapping journey, so I'll post them here too.

Some wonderful body wash and a neat little scrubby-dubby towel. This thing is great for exfoilation, and because it's the size of a large hand towel, I can scrub my back on my own by grabbing either end and slinging it around me. Seriously cool.

MAKEUP WIPES! Wipes are my go-to makeup remover, so it's always great to have more. The pink ones are particularly good for eye makeup.

And another cute makeup bag! What a neat design. 

And it was filled up with hair goodies! Yay!

Thank you again @@TooMuchElectric . This gift was such an incredible addition to my beauty stash. All the items were wonderful. I am a very lucky lady indeed, to have such a wonderful Secret Santa!  :wub:   :wub:   :wub:

ALRIGHTY. Thanks for staying tuned. The reveal is here. Strap in, people. This is going to be a long one. (Also, please note that these are not in perfect order of which one was opened first.)

To start off, I'd like to thank my benevolent and generous Secret Santa. Words cannot express how grateful I am for all the wonderful gifts you gave me @@TooMuchElectric , this was truly a special gift and I will treasure every item given to me. 

PART 1

Okay, so I HERE IS MY GIANT PILE OF CHRISTMAS WONDER. And for you all's information, I did not wait for Christmas, I tore into it the second it arrived on my doorstep because I am child. Btw, thanks for all the glitter @@TooMuchElectric ,  I thought I'd look like a disco ball forever haha.

So first things first, I went for the shiny round cosmetics bag (which is so cute and useful) and opened that sucker right up.

Sweet. Hm, I wonder what that fabric thing is?...

A WONDER WOMAN APRON?!?! She is my queen, omg thank you I am going to wear this all the time. Even when I'm not cooking. Thank you thank you thank you!!!  :wub:   :wub:   :wub:

And here's the rest of the goodies in the bag, I just thought that particular gift deserved a highlight because of how AMAZING it is. The other goodies include Bare Minerals samples, including a blush, moisturizer, and Lash Domination Mascara. Two fun little body lotions,two Ulta dual ended eye liners, a pore care pack, a mud mask, three primers!!!! I LOVE IT ALL! <3

Next up were the cute little candy-shaped packages that were absolutely encrusted with glitter. 

-INCOHERENT SCREAMING- ALL THE LIPPIES I WANTED FROM JCAT? AND TWO OCC LIP TARS? Amazing, truly incredible. I am so grateful for this generous and incredible addition to my lip collection. I thought I would cry, I was so excited. And for this to be just part of the gift? I thought I was going to cry. I managed to stifle the urge, and move on to the next packages.

Okay, we have three rectangular-ish packages, and a cylindrical one, all done up in (glittery) paper with red ribbon. <3 Let's start with the cylinder.

OH MY WORD!!  I WANT YOUR APRON!!  I have WW cape from Magic Mountain from a few years ago!!  LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

@@pokeballssohard Yay!!! Omg I had so much fun doing this whole exchange!! During the initial stalking right after names were drawn, I kept panicking out loud to my fiance that I'd drawn the coolest person and what could I even possibly give her, she just gets awesomer the more of her tumblr I read, and omg look at her art she does, and look she's angry at all the things I'm angry at, and also real feminism and wonder woman and makeup and she's just awesome all the way through. There are no gifts good enough. It was a sincere worry, and I'm so thrilled you liked your package!!!

Pro tip for the Lip Tars: because the oil/pigments separate, I keep mine in a cup (so they are vertical) on my vanity and flip them upside down whenever I remember. Mine haven't separated since I started rotating them a couple times a week.

I have been out of town on vacation, so haven't posted much, but I wanted to say that everyone did such an amazing job with the gifts! I love this thread so much- it makes me happy seeing how generous people are with people they don't even know!

My Secret Santa was wadedl and she spoiled me rotten!!  I can't wait to try out all my new goodies (and my wallet practically ran to my car without me...LET'S GO GET MORE INGLOT...it said!! LOL!!!)

This is pic heavy but want you to see how awesome the wrapping was!  String!  Buttons!  Oh I love love LOVE it all!!  And seriously...Hello Kitty tape!! MEOW!!

So...what's in the box....

IMG_7252.jpg

Such a cute card!

IMG_7253.jpg

Oh the teasing words...gotta get unwrapping!!

IMG_7254.jpg

I LOVE FACE MASKS!!!  I can't wait to try this one! 

IMG_7255.jpg

Again...the wrapping...I love the buttons!

IMG_7256.jpg

I love how everything is placed so perfectly in the box!

IMG_7257.jpg

Cone of Lindt Truffles, anyone?  YES PLEASE!!  It's what's for breakfast!!

IMG_7258.JPG

I know, I want to see what's inside too, but the wrapping!!!!

IMG_7259.jpg

Yes, I didn't take off my makeup last night.  Don't judge me.  It's Christmas!  And all I want for Christmas is my very own grown up shower cap!  YESSSSSSSS!!!   I neeeeeeeed thissssss!!!  THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

IMG_7262.jpg

Next up...the sexy UNwrapping!  LOL!!
I was looking forward to seeing your reveal. Everything is packaged so pretty, loving all the details. Nice shower cap by the way!

Without delay...

Now, I don't want to be all focused on one gift here...but do you see what I see?

Dun

IMG_7263.jpg

Dun

IMG_7264.jpg

DUN!!!!  I totally and completely LOVE THIS STUFF!!!  Merry Christmas to me!!!

IMG_7265.jpg

So...I love all of this, have never tried anything from Royal Apothic so that looks fun...unless Santa is trying to tell me something about my lips??  Hmm...better exfoliate STAT!  I have to pause here to get ready so I'm decent when my family gets here, in 30 minutes HA!  Santa gave me something for the shower too...but don't worry - I took a pic already so I'm going to grab it and go!  More later!!!
Nice goodies!

@@ttanner2005 you! Are! The! Bomb! I came home very late last night to a wonderful box of bonbons--they were just what I needed after a hard and nasty week that included getting hit by a car and dealing  with the Mutha-in-Law!

I just got a brand-new Kindle and tried to get pictures, but I haven't figured out how to get them uploaded. So I hope you all can bear with me as I try to get as descriptive as I can...

First, two nice yummy little tubes of hand cream, Pleasant Plum and Very Vanilla. Actually they're not that little but pretty well-sized, and they s smell d e delightful. They're also very thoughtful; I work in a hospital and the soap tears my skin up. Plus, I live in Buffalo and the cold winds we get four months out of the year just leach my hands dry. I go through creams and lotions like they were water, so these are just SO welcome!

Second, LIPS! Lip color is probably my favorite makeup item; I may go simple on everything else but I never leave the house without base and lipstick. I got a cute little Pop lip gloss in. Peony Petal, and a Smashbox On The Rocks lipstick set. I had been hedging on buying the Smashbox for a month, so it was a genuine thrill to pull it out of the box. They're well suited to me--Legendary is a butt-kicking red, Primrose a lovely neutral dusty pink, and Fig a rich maroon. I'll be rocking these over the holidays!

Next, a Glamour Doll Eyes shadow in Prankster, which is a beautiful gold-and-copper-flecked medium taupe shade. I just started getting into indies in the past three months or so, and really appreciate GDE's quality and staying power. This will make a great go-to-work color.

Next, an assortment of small and very welcome goodies. A little box marked Diptyque L'Ombre Dans L'Eau actually contained not only a vial of that fragrance, but one of Pharrell's Girl. I had been wanting to try them both, so it was great to see them and they really are wonderful. There's a cute little package of pink emery boards, and a cucumber and aloe Face Wrap--like one of those paper mask packets you find at the drugstore, except this looks like a more hardcore facial treatment. I like these on the days when I get to indulge in a very long, very hot bath, like I'm going to do today. 

The most impressive thing, and the reason I'm regretting that I'm having an uploading issue, is a beautiful little hand-beaded ring that looks like a red poinsettia over a green band. It fits perfectly on my middle finger. I am in deep awe and respect for the workmanship; the beads used are very tiny seed beads woven with a fine filament--to give an idea of the size, it's taking four of those beads across a band a quarter inch wide. It's impressive and I deeply appreciate the time and trouble taken in making it.

Thank you @@ttanner2005 for making this Christmas a lot merrier. I love my box of goodies and I love you for everything you did in putting it all together. May the season be blessed for you, and may it overflow into the new year!
So sorry to hear you got hit by a car, hope all is well. I loved reading about your gifts. The  ring sounds like its absolutely beautiful your santa is very talented.

Well, I had to let my son and daughter in law go back to my ex's to do their thing...my roommate went to his family's thing...so I can be here, alone, with MY PRESENTS!!!    :w00t:

Now where was I...OH!  I was going to do more UNwrapping!  Ok here we go!!!!

The wrapping skills are strong with this one!!  LOOK!  BUTTONS!!  Oh, alright...moving on...

IMG_7266.jpg

So I have this strange love affair with Philosophy...I have yet to buy something from Philosophy for myself.  I love looking at it, putting their stuff in my cart, and dumping it out, and doing it all over again.  I HAVE NO IDEA WHY!!!  But if there is a Philosophy sample or point perk on Sephora...I become an ordering machine to load up...and...umm.... :wub: ...I have yet to try ANY OF IT!  I just hoard it!  (yes, I know how that sounds!!!)  So...this is super super exciting for me!  PHILOSOPHY!!  Oh Philosophy I've stalked you for sooooo long, and now you're MINE!!  Muahahahaha!!  And I wasted NO TIME!  I smell like a snow angel as I type!  :smilehappyyes:   LOVE IT!!

IMG_7267.jpg

So here we have both a  :w00t:  and a  :huh:  present.  The  :w00t:  is the Tonymoly Luminous Goddess Aura Beam!!  Never heard of it, soooo excited to try it!  Because others can say I'm all about that bass...but I say I'm all about illuminators!  YEAH!!  Thank you!!!!  And as for the  :huh: , I'm scratching my head trying to figure out if I have ever uttered the word Andes, much less used it in a sentence here on MUT, but Andes Mints are, without a doubt, one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE chocolate candies!  NO KIDDING!  I LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM!!!!! (can I get a dump truck of exclamation points over here please??)  WELL DONE SANTA!!!

IMG_7269.jpg

I had to cut the sexy back a bit, it's getting hot in here...so here is another pic of the adorably wrapped present you will see next!!

IMG_7270.jpg

Cue the oooooohs and aaaaaaaaaahs because you are about to see pure beauty!!  Pearly Plum!!  Let's say that again...PEARLY PLUM!!  :laughno:    I love plum!  I love pearly!  I love this so much!!!  And...I'm only a little ashamed to admit...I had to look up the products to figure out what to do - but now I know so...shadow? Check!  Shadow case? Check! Portable-no-spill-magnetic-stays-together-carry-container-holding-my-gorgeous-pearly-plum-eye-shadow? CHECK!!  Aaaaaaaand it's already in my purse!!  AWESOME!!  As I eluded to earlier today, you'll likely find me at an authorized Inglot retailer close by, in the near future! 

IMG_7272.jpg

Ok so I stopped here to add a photo of my new eye shadow...in the flesh!!  Didn't give much more than that though, bad hair day and I am puffy from all the food!! LOL!  Be careful...open S.L.O.W.L.Y. hahaha!!!

Even more great goodies! Andes are so yummy and your new eye shadow looks great on you!

So I am already so overwhelmed...I mean it is one thing if you go on a shopping binge and get home with arm loads of bags full of fun things....but to receive a package full of fun things, things you are just now seeing, and trying to 'get' or figure out each one, all at once, truly can be overwhelming!  I need processing time hahahaha!!

So since I opened these this morning, I have had some processing time and can actually post now without crying my eyes out...which is such an improvement over this morning!  Whew!  Don't you hate when you are trying to be all tough girl and not cry, and you totally just start bawling???  Umm...yeah...that's kinda my day in a nutshell.  But I digress...

So this birchbox full of presents should have been obvious from the sample I saw first.  CAUDALIE!!  Not only do I not have ANYTHING from Caudalie skin care, I don't have any samples, either!  YIPPEE!!  So as I'm checking out the sample something starts to happen...I start crying!  I am thinking of what I have in my hands, and that someone wanted me to have it, and it's just too much!  I don't mean to sound all sappy, but, well, it gets worse!!

IMG_7274.jpg

Now I'm crying AND shaking!!  When I unwrapped the second item in the box, I saw Caudalie again!!  Divine Scrub!! So now I'm thinking, everything in this box is CAUDALIE!  Seriously, I've only tried the hand cream (and LOVED IT!!)...so I am super stoked at all the fun new things I can try out!

IMG_7276.jpg

I have to be honest, not 100% sure what this product even is.  :wub:    But I'll be checking it out very soon!! Still,I feel soooo  :wub:   :wub:   :wub:

IMG_7277.jpg

Now, I have a quest to RID myself of those horrible lip lines...the vertical ones that creep towards your nose.  Yeah.  Even sounds gross to say. So now I get to try to work on them even harder with Caudalie!  Oh yeah!  And more hand cream!  Mine was only a sample so whoo-hoo Merry Christmas to me with Caudalie (and sooooo much more) from my Santa!

IMG_7280.jpg

So, I had soooooo many presents and so much to show, that I originally took my "overview" picture missing several items....and then missing two more...and then the one other thing....and THEN I got a final pic!  WHEW!  THANK YOU WADEDL I love, will love, or have loved EVERYTHING!!  Merry Christmas!!!

IMG_7284.JPG

IMG_7287.jpg

IMG_7281.JPG

So I'm a little embarrassed to say, upon re-reading I see I forgot to mention some things...the other goodies with the Borghese Splendor Brightener!  Tarte lipstick mini, the two cosmetic eye shadow and the mascara!  I am finding that I go through QUITE A BIT of mascara - and love trying new ones!  The eye shadow is gorgeous and is perfect for me, but what I'm ashamed to say, is that earlier I couldn't open the lipstick...because I thought it was Gifted!  Tarte's mascara!!  Hahaha! I got up to get my jar thingy (the thing that helps you open jars that are sealed too tight) and when I got back realized it was lipstick!  HAHAHA...so I wasn't sure what to say about it earlier but I can say it now that it's like 10 hours later! LOL!

Thank you so much Santa Wadedl!  I have had the most fun with this gift exchange, and MUT in general. 

Merry Christmas!!
Awesome gifts!

@ - I received your SS gift and it is absolutely perfect (sorry about my delay in getting back on MUT, life has been crazy!)! 

When I opened the card, I was thrilled to see that she was my Secret Santa. We've traded before, chatted on the same MUT threads and follow each other on Instagram; so, although we've never met in 'real life', I feel like we 'know' each other! 

I love lifestyle items and based on that, @ curated a perfect holiday surprise box. Each item was somehow better than the next! The large grey item is a bento box (This is wonderful because I want to bring lunch/snacks to work more often. Sometimes I don't eat lunch because I don't have time to step away from the clinic). The next item is a loose-leaf tea infuser (I love tea and I rarely use my current tea infuser because it's cumbersome to clean...this one is great because it has a large opening for tea leaves and looks like it'll be a cinch to clean). Next up are Tatcha blotting papers (I have used these in the past - these work better than other blotting papers that I've tried in the past and these feel luxurious...there are gold flakes embedded in the paper). I also received a Fresh trio of sugar lips treatments (Love these lip balms because they're effective and are low-maintenance - they soften my lips, contain SPF and have a hint of color so I don't need to worry about applying them with a mirror. Also, I'm excited about this particular trio because it includes 2 shades that I haven't tried yet). Finally, she included a Laundress solid wash bar that I've been wanting to try (it smells fantastic and it's perfect for traveling because I don't have to worry about leaking in my luggage). 

IMG_0698.jpg
IMG_0699.jpg

@ Thank you so much for your incredible generosity and thoughtfulness. You clearly stalked me well and accurately identified all of my favorite things! I can not thank you enough, as each item was indeed perfect!   :hugs3:
In love with that wrapping paper! I am very intrigued by the tea infuser looks super easy to clean/use. 

Super big thank you to @ who picked out a boxful of fantastic goodies. I especially love the Fortune Cookie Soap in Sally since that not only is my favorite scent but it's no longer sold so I know she had to track that bad baby down for me. *hugs* Thank you! Along with the goodies came a note explaining all the items.

Mmm... Ghirardelli chocolate... mmm.... That's gone now since I gobbled that right up.

Bean, my middle daughter, is attempting to make claim to the FCS wax tarts. LOL

The cat socks... on my cold feet this today. Love it!

Love the Glamour Doll Eye blush and shadow samples. On of the boxes she put together she called the "Box O' Moisture" and in it had the Dr G Bio RTX, Bliss Body Butter, Rainbow Honey Cuticle Butter, eye cream and a serum moisturizer. I'll be putting the Dr. G to use soon since I've been so dry the last few weeks. Got to love winter! LOL

I don't have the Pulp Fiction palette, well until now that is. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Can't wait to use it!

There was just so many goodies and I'm super excite to try it all especially the Solstice Scents (I need to hide those from Bean)!

*hugs* Thank you again Bellatrix42! It not only was fantastic but very thoughtful of you to put together the little kits in the way that you did. Loved, loved, love everything!
Amazing gifts! @ spoiled me rotten this summer.

I finally figured out how to make a photo collage & am ready to post a bunch of photos of the MOST AMAZiNG Secret Santa gifts!  @@SophiaRae I can't thank you enough......you spent so much time doing this for me.  I loved every single gift.  Every day you brought sunshine to my life.   You'll never know how much I appreciated it.  My Mom was diagnosed with Alzheimers & Parkinson's Disease earlier this year.  She is only 61.  Every day she slips further away from us, so this Christmas is especially hard--as it will probably be the last one where she even knows her family.  This Secret Santa exchange brightened my holiday so much.  I cannot thank everyone enough.  Much love to all my MUT friends.

My Secret Santa made me a beautiful handmade card that details every day of my "12 Days of Christmas".  This was such a wonderful idea.  I really enjoyed unwrapping something each day.  The card was so special.  I loved the fact that her 5 year old helped her make it.  I have 6 children of my own, so I love the extra special "mommy" touch.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Beautiful handmade card.jpg

Day 1.  I absolutely LOVE Deva Curl stuff, so this will be put to good use.  I've been needing a new post it notepad, so these festive ones were great.  I've been using them everyday.

Day 1.jpg

Day 2.  I've never tried this brand, so I'm looking forward to trying it.  The "Better Than Sex" and "Primed for Sex" raised some eyebrows with the hubby.  He's not convinced that it will be better than sex!  lol.

Day 2.jpg

Day 3.  Oh My Goodness!!!!   Squeeeeee!!!!!  I was actually screaching with delight when I opened this!!!

I had the adorable makeup bag in pink, but needed to use it for a last minute birthday gift for one of my daughter's friends.  I'm super happy to have another one in my hands.  I LOVE the color.

Tocca.  Absolutely my FAVORITE hand cream of all time!  This alone would've made me the happiest girl on MUT.  More screeching!!!  

Real Chemistry Luminous 3-Minute Peel:  I recently got a sample in my Birchbox & love it.  Super thrilled to have another.

Oribe Surfcomber Tousled Texture Mousse:  Love this brand & my curly hair loves it too!

Coola:  Sunscreen/BB Cream.  Another fave brand.  Love it!

Nailtini in Champagne:  I love nailpolish.  This is a great color for New Years Eve.  Thank you.

Pop! Goes the Shadow:  Another great festive color.  Love!

Bliss Grapefruit + Aloe Body Butter:  I also love Bliss stuff!  This will be a great back up for when I run out of Tocca.

Day 3.jpg

Day 4:  Bath & Body Works goodies.  I love all of these scents.  I just finished up my shower gel, so the Dancing Waters goes straight into my shower.  Perfect timing!  The Butterfly Flower body cream is a new scent for me & I love the summery scent to keep me looking forward to warmer days during this cold winter.  We use a lot of soap in our house, so the Warm Vanilla Sugar foaming hand soap is a great item & it's one of my favorite scents.

Day 4.jpg

Day 5:  Lippies!  Yay!  I LOVE the color of the Laura Mercier.  I wore it to all of my children's Christmas concerts at their schools this year.  Stila!!!!   Squeeeee!!!!!!  I've never purchased Stila before, but have always wanted to try it!  Mango Berry color.  This looks like a great summer color for me!  Thanks a million!!!!

Day 5.jpg

Day 6:  Handmade Canvases and an adorable ornament.  I love outdoor sports.  Thank you for taking the time to make these for me.  I really want to visit your husband's hometown now---it's beautiful.  I have a deer & glitter loving 12 year old daughter, so we both love the deer canvas.  Super cool.  The ornament will soon have a photo of me in it, probably with my new AR-15, in my usual pink nail polish & lipstick.

Day 6.jpg

Day 7:  Hershey's Kisses.  This couldn't have come at a better time.  I got an early morning call from my very confused Mom & it brought me to tears.  Chocolate really does make things better & so does a wonderful girl named Cindy in Texas who spent so much time on a stranger.

Day 7.jpg

Day 8:  Wine makes everything better too!   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  This wine glass is adorable.  I live in an area that gets some snow, but grew up in an area that got TONS of snow---so I hate it.  I do, however, think snowmen are adorable & have a bunch of snowmen themed things in my home.  This fits right in!  I've already used it several times & still have some wine left to put in it later tonight.

Day 9:  Vitality Lip Flush 4-in-1 Reviver   What a great item for chapped winter lips.  Again, perfect timing.  I've been searching for something for my hurting lips. This stuff is great!  I've never tried it before, but my lips are loving it.  Nice smooth & a great little hint of color.  Love it!

Day 10:  Super awesome box of goodies!  This was one of my favorite gifts.   It included all sorts of local (to Texas & Mexico) goodies.  I love trying regional goodies, so this was really great for me.  I never had any of the items before & loved them all.  I must admit--I've been trying to figure out where to buy those coconut bars & Jarritos soda locally.  I've checked Amazon too!  I love coconut & that bar was AMAZING!  The marshmallow clown lolipop got a few laughs out of my kids & they helped devour the Salsa.  The screen cleaner went straight into my purse to clean my phone.  The ornaments went onto my tree (I'll think of you every year).  The keychain is being used for my camper keys.  The shotglass helped me measure rum for my eggnog.  The Texas magnet is on the refrigerator.  The marzipan, hazelnut/vanilla spread, guava roll & caramel-like treat were all enjoyed too. The hot chocolate will be enjoyed soon.  This was a great idea.  We all enjoyed it.

Day 11:  Bath & Body Works.  Marshmallow Fireside 3 wick candle.  ---and no love for the post office.   ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   This is my all time favorite candle scent.  I also sent the exact candle to my Secret Santa girl this year & had one burning on my counter when I opened it (only about 1 hour left to burn).  This arrived broken, but that wasn't a problem at all.  I simply broke away the smashed glass & plopped it into the empty container of the one I was just finishing burning.  Ta-Dah!  New candle.  Complete with the correct label.   LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!

Day 12:  Devacurl  Travel Pack   This is going to be saved for my suitcase for when I go & visit my Mom.  It will be easy to bring on a plane since they are all great travel sizes.  Thank you for sending Devacurl gifts!

BONUS:  Pink Body Mist in Fresh & Clean and Sun Kissed scents.  My hubby's eyes lit up when I told him there was something from Victoria's Secret in the box......this wasn't quite what he was hoping for---but I LOVE them!  What an awesome bonus!  I've been wearing them everyday.

Cindy,  I cannot thank you enough for your thoughtful, heartfelt, wonderful gifts.  You have made my whole year.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart.  The generosity of this gift has amazed me.  I hope that you had a wonderful Christmas too!  You really changed my holiday for the better this year.  I will forever remember this.....

Big hugs,

Farrah
Awesome gifts love the them and little notes.

@@SophiaRae

The level of your thoughtfulness is astounding!  Thanks for the tip.....it's delicious!

:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hot chocolate.jpg
Thats so nice and thoughtful of your santa!

Kyuu said:
DUN DUN DUN---Kyuu's santa to be revealed...at the end ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />And if you missed part 1(ish), Santa also sent me these amazing brownie-caramel-peanut brittles? cookies? whatever they are. They are ABSOLUTELY TOOTH-ROTTINGLY AMAZING.

Here again, is her beautiful poetry:

SwrfXgul.jpg

On this Merry CHristmas, wherever you may roam,
I filled up your stocking as if you were in my home.

So as you unwrap these stocking favorites
know that there are 3 others at my house just like it!

Stockings are opened first thing Christmas Day
Followed by presents and a day full of play!!

:blush:   :blush:   :blush: Errrr I hope it's okay. I opened all the presents first, and saved your stocking stuffers to enjoy for the Boxing Day week (aka tomorrow).

bN9xtaKl.jpg

Chang Family,

Christmas comes only once per year
And it's been my pleasure sending Amy some cheer!

But I would feel awful i'm not going to lie
if I didn't share with you too!
(and sorry...I don't do pie!)

Happy Holidays!

(that's okay, Santa. I bought a pie for my birthday and made everyone eat birthday pie XD...I'm not joking)
ze2SzFal.jpg

And y'all know how I feel about sparkly stuff. There's a better photo of the beautiful Peanuts/Snoopy card in the original post, but LOOK AT THIS SPARKLE REALNESS.

evfONlv.jpg

I would be overwhelmed if this were the ONLY thing Santa sent me, but this is literally on top of everything else she's already done this year. I can't even describe in words my emotions (excite and overwhelm!!)

DYt7LGol.jpg

My final gift.... >.> I will admit I was tempted to open this one first, but I know you're watching  :ph34r: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> So I decided to be good. (it might've *cough* been the reason I am opening the stocking stuffers tomorrow...is it cheating?  :blush: )

TyyXmpZl.jpg

This is the first set of presents I opened (yes there is even more!)...TheBalm's Cindy Lou Manizer and Instain blush (amazing! both on my wishlist), a gold UD eyeliner in Goldmine (I've been wanting a gold FOREVER), Boscia mattefying paper (always needed!), two sets of L'Occitane handcremes (they smell heavenly...), a Bite lippie (I've always wanted to try!), Origins hydrating face mask, Marc Jacobs Honey perfume (mmmmmm), Caudlie Divine Oil (I got a sample of this before and it's amazing!), and an Eyeko eyeliner...I love absolutely everything.

usYTWn8l.jpg

The second set of items I opened had me absolutely in tears. I can't express how utterly overwhelmed I am by santa's generosity. She really has gone above and beyond what's expected. Three Lorac palettes (including the pro I've been covetting, and this is AFTER she sent me the other Lorac palette for my birthday too), a konaj sponge, UD eye primer, five Formula X polishes (I read all the names of them...including the middle one in capricious! I hope you don't think that's what I am!!!), a Lush bath bomb (i love green! I'm so excited to try this), face masks, loose eyeshadow from bareminerals (I can see the sparkle just turning the ornament), Origins favorites set, the UD lippie set I've been wanting so badly, a hair towel I am so excited to try because I'm so tired of soggy hair, and last but definitely not least... the UD Naked 2 palette.

Santa: I love absolutely everything. It's stuff I've either wanted to try or already love. Everything will be used!! I'm so excited to play with them!!!!!!!!

Next up....who is the real santa?!?!?  :ph34r: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  :ph34r: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  :ph34r: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Wow all those  cards, gifts and sweet poems are beyond amazing. Cant wait to find out who your santa isl

Kyuu said:
We meet again, last present...

qLvckOyl.jpg

And of course the present is appropriately dressed as Santa too:

ROEwsrDl.jpg

Is the anticipation killing you yet...? It's certainly killing me.

sTsyRk7l.jpg

Never let it be said that Santa doesn't have a charming sense of humor...

JBvDV50l.jpg

So who is THE REAL SANTA CLAUS....?????????????

Q9tAV98l.jpg

@ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brandy, thank you so much for all of this -- the presents, the cards (so many beautiful cards), your poems, the multiple mailings -- everything. I am in utter disbelief and unspeakably greatful over your generosity. Thank you sososoososo much. When I am more awake tomorrow, I will definitely write you a more coherent letter to properly thank you!
Everyone, please give your likes to her instead!!! I've been the unworthy beneficiary of your likes all these weeks for the reveals over her generosity and amazing wrapping.

And believe it or not, there is still even MORE to come.

UXha5bUl.jpg
 @ is the real santa! She really had me guessing and not to mention entertained this whole time. I am beyond words at so much kindness and creativity.

Good morning everyone!  Oh I am so happy to have made @ happy!  That is, after all, what Santa's supposed to do! I have had so much fun trying to come up with ways to give teasers, stay a secret, and at some point I was so embarrassed by all the love (when you still didn't know me) that I was trying to think of a way to stay hidden!  But to say this has been fun, is the understatement of the century!  Sitting over here, across the country, waiting to see if my gifts arrived...if she liked them...if she 'understood' them...the list goes on but really all I wanted was for her to feel special.  These forums have given me soooo much, and the MUT Gift Exchange is just one more example (and reason!) of why I LOVE LOVE LOVE hanging out here! I have had more fun than should be allowed!!  :smilehappyyes:

I have been writing a letter also, following @'s posts of her reveals and giving her the 'backstory' to the whole season of giving.  That, along with her Happy New Year present, will be mailed out tomorrow (Monday). 

@ - as you might already know, I have loved every second of being your Secret Santa! I hope you had a magical Christmas and will have a FABULOUS New Year!  Party like it's 1999!!  (oh, and there may be a teaser in that last sentence somewhere...regarding your New Year's present  :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> )

@@chelsealynn - I did worry about putting Algenist in @'s package of my favorite things, but I explain why I did that in her letter.  If there is anything in that letter (which is like, a bazzillion pages long!! LOL!) that she wants to share she can, but I'll leave that up to her.   :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm heading out for the day, I've got family here from Oregon and my son and his wife still here from North Carolina (Ft. Bragg).  Have a great day everyone!  My day is made great already by @ and MUT! Thank you!!
I cant believe this is your first secret santa on MUT you are definitely a pro. I think its safe to say you made this year magical for everyone involved not only your santee.

Hello everyone!

First, I hope everyone had, and continues to have, a wonderful holiday season!

Second, I want to apologize to everyone for being delayed with my SS reveal. I have been dealing with some personal issues (including a state-to-state move and relocation back to my parents house.  :scared:   Without going through the long details, this move has taken six months and every ounce of money and strength I have. I am still unpacking boxes and trying to find space in my teeny tiny bedroom. I have been on my own since 1994, so coming back home now, after all this time is very unsettling and depressing. :unsure:

Nevertheless, I was overwhelmed with joy when I received my SS box from @@Sakura83! I honestly can not express how much happiness filled my heart. I certainly apprciated the lovely hand-written card! In the midst of my anxiety and depression about the move, I was greeted with two lovely boxes full of stuff that made me feel warm and fuzzy on the inside and beauty on the outside. :luv:

I suppose since most folks have shared their reveals, no need to insert a spoiler. So here goes the pretties! Revealed Palette (now my collection is complete!), Kat Von D, Star Studded Look (my first ever), Ulta, Nars, EcoTools (my first ever!), Elf Polish Good vs. Evil Collection (I just love collection based items) and so much more-- like chocolate and Tazo Tea! I was BEYOND spolied. And honestly, I couldn't have come at a better time. I was just feeling so low and down on myself and this helped perk me up.

@@Sakura83, THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! 

Sorry that some of the photos are sideways (yeah, that's just representative of my life right now). Hopefully you can see them.
Sorry to hear things are not going well for you. Hope everything starts looking up for you and this is year will bring you lots of happiness. Glad you got such great gifts. Loved the snowflake notes and wrapping was so pretty.

How incredibly heartwarming it is to see

The amazing reveals for Secret Santa!

You ladies are simply amazing and I truly

Look forward to getting to know all of you!!

Kristy
Welcome Kristy! Looking forward to seeing you around.

Every year I am amazed at what wonderful, generous, and kind people are here at MUT. Everyone did an outstanding job of spoiling their giftees!

I know I will be re-reading this thread anytime I need a quick dose of happy.
Yes, this thread is full of so much happy!  I get so excited about every reveal and  cant wait to do this again in the summer.

Latest posts

Back