Secret Santa 2014 Reveals

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kyuu said:
--Speaking of beautiful wrapping, where do you get all your wrapping paper, Santa??! In my household, it's amazing if we have like two different wrapping papers a year >.>

GhfmEg8.jpg
This is what I was going to open today...

DUZwdUn.jpg

TRAVEL TAGS!!! This will be so perfect when I hit the road again *__* Amazing!! Thanks so much.

KTbaAKm.jpg

Seriously, how amazing is this wrapping, guys? I'm so embarrassed looking at my own wrapping now...

xoIId3e.jpg
OMG THESE CANDLES ARE SO ADORABLE. I've really really gotten into candles recently and it'll be extra nice since it's soooo cold in my house right now.

TpKnxe0.jpg

....and then I wanted to open one more. >.> So I did. (There are still like 4 left, guys! @__@ Why am I so slow. My dining room is too cold.)

vGEPwCI.jpg
AAAAAHhhhhhhhh so amazingly adorable! Thank you so much Santa. I've always wanted to try these colors, but never got around to picking them up.

--and then I proceeded to not post this and paint my nails instead, hahaha. I was going to incorporate the red Revlon santa gave me too that was in the other bag, but I am too sloppy right now.

XTABUI2l.jpg

The middle Germanicure color~~ What a beautiful and perfect color for fall (shhh......let me pretend it's fall for a few more days.)

Thank you so much Santa!. I can't want to see what's tomorrow *____*
Can your santa come over and wrap all my gifts? that is some great wrapping and gifts too.

I'm also inwardly criging because my wrapping paper is leftover from last year!  :unsure:
Stop that! I have wrapping paper that's at least 8 years old now. (I had it before the last time I moved... over 8 years ago) Besides, I'll buy wrapping paper after Christmas when it's at the "please, we'll pay you to get rid of it so we don't have to store it until next year" phase. And I'll also buy wrapping paper if it looks pretty darned nifty and hang onto it for a couple years until its used up. It can't really go out of style, that's why they make those wrapping paper storage containers, to encourage you to buy paper at discount and save it!

I've also bought paper that's marketed towards one holiday and use it on another. Like that all fancy holographic paper sold at Christmas? Works as year round paper, or a red paper with offtone red scallop designs? That works for Valentines Day.

I guess what I'm saying is... don't feel bad because you have leftover paper, embrace the potential possibilities to use it! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My SS package has arrived (according to Fedex tracking)! However, it's locked up in our building's management office because I got home from work too late...unfortunately, I'm going to get home late tomorrow, so I'll get it first thing on Saturday morning...womp womp...   

Just wanted to let my SS know that I received it (will post an update when it's in my hands)!  :santa:

@@Kristine Walker - You don't know how happy I was when I saw a package with your name on it to me! At first I thought, 'wait - it's too early for my turn at the next Calibama box....whoa no way - she's my SS!!!"

The past few weeks have been crazy at work, and I'm just about burned out, but your insanely thoughtful and carefully composed present was exactly the warm hug that I needed, especially during the torrential down-pour of a rainy winter night. It put a huge smile on my face, and I'm smiling still, just thinking about how lucky I am to have met and made such a good friend on MUT. 

Now to the box!!!

20141203_2012491.jpg

HAHA! Packed to the gills! - And the wrapping is just fine :) It's just easier for me to tear into! Though it took me a good 45 minutes to open everything up!

20141203_2014151.jpg20141203_2015431.jpg

Kristine knows me so well :) I loooove skincare and Tocca is one of my favorite scents - for hands too!!! and that blood orange tube smells wonderful! AND I've just finished my tube of the exact same lemon green tea hand cream - Perfect timing!

20141203_2015011.jpg

Speaking of blood orange, The Pacifica blood orange lotion was one of my favorites when I got it in a sample box, but I've held off on buying a new one - but now I don't have to - and it comes with a roller ball in the same awesome scent. 

20141203_2018241.jpg

More skincare (love paula's choice, and I'm currently using a full size of the skin perfection BHA lotion). LOVE malin &goetz. And I'm excited to try the push-up liner - supposedly totally no-budge, which is exactly what I'm looking for. 

20141203_2019131.jpg

HAHA! This has been on my Birchbox favorites list for the longest time, but I never bit the bullet to get it! Illume is one of my favorite candle brands. And it smells like cedar - which is exactly what I need with this cold weather.

20141203_2020151.jpg

MORE boxes to open! 

20141203_2021411.jpg

HAHAH!!!!!!  I think they love it!!!! At least Wally does!

20141204_0938361.jpg

20141203_2024291.jpg

So I got an elfster message asking if I liked Ramen (which I do), and voila! a ramen cooker. This is the perfect example of totally not knowing that you need something. I've always just broken off the corners of square ramen blocks to fit into round bowls (yeah...insert square peg round hole joke here....) But now there are no more broken ramen blocks!!!

And that Lancome pallette is gorgeous! The highlighter and blush are great colors for my skin tone, and the bronzer will be used a base eyeshadow shade.  I'm excited!

20141203_2028331.jpg

Very interesting packaging - chicken treats with my holy grail eyeshadow primer. I'm interested to see how the eye serum works - it's next in line! And that chicken toy is awesome! I'm going to try it out once the weather dries out a bit. I can imagine it's like those doggie toys where you stuff peanutbutter into them :)

20141203_2029221.jpg

And the total package - Amazing! I am so thankful and lucky to have @@Kristine Walker as my (now not so) secret santa, Calibama swap-mate, and MUT friend. You are awesome!!!!!

20141203_2022301.jpg

20141203_2025111.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What a great gift! Despite the fact that chickens (and all birds) scare the crap out of me, it was fun seeing one turn up in the reveal thread. I never would have thought that chicken toys existed.

The chicken toys and treats are awesome!   :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That reveal definitely cheered me up after some frustration with the interwebs.  You ladies are great!

@@tgooberbutt Oh I am so thrilled that you like it!!! Many hugs to you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
PS - I forgot to mention - I wore the socks today! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> red cheetah on brown/grey is a little out there for me, but they are so comfortable, and they fit perfectly - no toe wads or baggy heels. They are now a part of the regular sock rotation during boot season :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@@Kristine Walker - You don't know how happy I was when I saw a package with your name on it to me! At first I thought, 'wait - it's too early for my turn at the next Calibama box....whoa no way - she's my SS!!!"

The past few weeks have been crazy at work, and I'm just about burned out, but your insanely thoughtful and carefully composed present was exactly the warm hug that I needed, especially during the torrential down-pour of a rainy winter night. It put a huge smile on my face, and I'm smiling still, just thinking about how lucky I am to have met and made such a good friend on MUT. 

Now to the box!!!

20141203_2012491.jpg

HAHA! Packed to the gills! - And the wrapping is just fine :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It's just easier for me to tear into! Though it took me a good 45 minutes to open everything up!

20141203_2014151.jpg
20141203_2015431.jpg

Kristine knows me so well :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I loooove skincare and Tocca is one of my favorite scents - for hands too!!! and that blood orange tube smells wonderful! AND I've just finished my tube of the exact same lemon green tea hand cream - Perfect timing!

20141203_2015011.jpg

Speaking of blood orange, The Pacifica blood orange lotion was one of my favorites when I got it in a sample box, but I've held off on buying a new one - but now I don't have to - and it comes with a roller ball in the same awesome scent. 

20141203_2018241.jpg

More skincare (love paula's choice, and I'm currently using a full size of the skin perfection BHA lotion). LOVE malin &goetz. And I'm excited to try the push-up liner - supposedly totally no-budge, which is exactly what I'm looking for. 

20141203_2019131.jpg

HAHA! This has been on my Birchbox favorites list for the longest time, but I never bit the bullet to get it! Illume is one of my favorite candle brands. And it smells like cedar - which is exactly what I need with this cold weather.

20141203_2020151.jpg

MORE boxes to open! 

20141203_2021411.jpg

HAHAH!!!!!!  I think they love it!!!! At least Wally does!

So I got an elfster message asking if I liked Ramen (which I do), and voila! a ramen cooker. This is the perfect example of totally not knowing that you need something. I've always just broken off the corners of square ramen blocks to fit into round bowls (yeah...insert square peg round hole joke here....) But now there are no more broken ramen blocks!!!

And that Lancome pallette is gorgeous! The highlighter and blush are great colors for my skin tone, and the bronzer will be used a base eyeshadow shade.  I'm excited!

20141203_2028331.jpg

Very interesting packaging - chicken treats with my holy grail eyeshadow primer. I'm interested to see how the eye serum works - it's next in line! And that chicken toy is awesome! I'm going to try it out once the weather dries out a bit. I can imagine it's like those doggie toys where you stuff peanutbutter into them :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And the total package - Amazing! I am so thankful and lucky to have @@Kristine Walker as my (now not so) secret santa, Calibama swap-mate, and MUT friend. You are awesome!!!!!
What a great reveal! So many cool things I must say my favorites are the chicken treats and toys. Glad you had a wonderful Santa you definitely deserve it, I was glat to have you as my Santa last year and whoever gets you this year will be very lucky.

I got my Secret Santa gift today! I am so,so exited and can't wait to share it with y'all but I am on mobile and I have quite a few pictures. Something to tantalize you... My Santa made me something homemade! *\(^o^)/*
Cant wait to see what you got!

Back