Sindulge Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. I'd still like to see what others get in their boxes, but right now, I'm feeling pretty ok with the fact that I didn't sign up.

Yeah...I was thinking about waiting a month or two and seeing what people got and trying again, but between all the issues I had just trying to get signed UP and this, I guess I'm glad I had the trouble!

Hi gals! Long time lurker, first time poster. I subscribed to Sindulge about two weeks ago and had my consult only a few days after I signed up. It was quite a hassle to get everything resolved but the customer service rep (and co founder), Jaivin helped me get set up. I was about to give up from that hassle alone. I had my consult with Ami, and I told her about my skin and background in cosmetics. I told her I was mainly interested in makeup. She seemed to understand and take into consideration what I wanted. She was lovely to speak to. I was confident I'd have a great first package... My package arrived yesterday. WOW!! HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT! I received a Pop Beauty nail polish in a lavender color, an eye pencil from "Me Cosmetics" that appears that it cost one cent (literally,, that's what it says on the packaging), a small tube of Ahava hand cream (about 10 mL), a little jar of a face mask from Clark's Botanicals, and a package of LA Fresh waterproof makeup remover wipes (that appear to be dried up). I was so bummed, I had high hopes for this program. I currently sub to MyGlam, BeautyFix, Julep Maven, The Look Bag, Test Tube (both versions), Green Grab Bag, and now Sindulge. So I've been around the block with these types of boxes. Sindulge was poorly done. The packaging was lackluster, there was no tracking, and of course, the samples left A TON to be desired. I will say that the customer service is A+ and they've gone above and beyond and I was willing to forgive the site issues if the contents of the box were great but they were not. I'll give it another month, if it's as horrible as this I will be canceling. Sorry I couldn't report better news for my first post here but I saw I was the only one who received their shipment and wanted to let you guys know what my experience was. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
How upsetting...Now, with my luck the 'awesome primer' I'm supposed to receive will probably be ELF. Not that I have anything against ELF but it wouldn't be too hard to pay $1-$4 to test out that product on my own.

I feel so bad :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> But I have to be honest. It was just bad. However, the customer service has been AMAZING! But that doesn't go that far. I need the contents to be AMAZING too! I sent them a constructive email voicing my disappointment in my first shipment. I hope they are able to use it to improve their service.

I feel so bad :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> But I have to be honest. It was just bad. However, the customer service has been AMAZING! But that doesn't go that far. I need the contents to be AMAZING too! I sent them a constructive email voicing my disappointment in my first shipment. I hope they are able to use it to improve their service.
Don't feel bad. I'm sure we'd all love to know the honest truth in advance, at least I would, so I'm not furiously upset when I get my box and everything is just terrible.. You know, it may not be, but chances are, it's not going to be as wow as they would like us to think it is. At least if the box is bad I won't have a difficult time cutting it out of my current sample subs.

Don't be! It's important to share our real thoughts on these things - there are so many subs out there now, and I personally appreciate finding out which ones aren't worth it before I spend my limited money on them.  And let's face it, when it comes to a service like this, the first box needs to be impressive.  If the first box is this bad, it doesn't look good for the future, especially after the buildup and all the fuss with the consultation and everything.  The idea and setup of Sindulge sounds great, but so far, the execution leaves much to be desired.

Originally Posted by MakeupGalore /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I feel so bad
frown.gif
But I have to be honest. It was just bad. However, the customer service has been AMAZING! But that doesn't go that far. I need the contents to be AMAZING too! I sent them a constructive email voicing my disappointment in my first shipment. I hope they are able to use it to improve their service.

aw boo. well i dont feel bad about being part of the first month since it was only a penny. now i wonder when my box of stuff will show up.

Hi gals!

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I subscribed to Sindulge about two weeks ago and had my consult only a few days after I signed up. It was quite a hassle to get everything resolved but the customer service rep (and co founder), Jaivin helped me get set up. I was about to give up from that hassle alone. I had my consult with Ami, and I told her about my skin and background in cosmetics. I told her I was mainly interested in makeup. She seemed to understand and take into consideration what I wanted. She was lovely to speak to. I was confident I'd have a great first package...

My package arrived yesterday. WOW!! HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT! I received a Pop Beauty nail polish in a lavender color, an eye pencil from "Me Cosmetics" that appears that it cost one cent (literally,, that's what it says on the packaging), a small tube of Ahava hand cream (about 10 mL), a little jar of a face mask from Clark's Botanicals, and a package of LA Fresh waterproof makeup remover wipes (that appear to be dried up). I was so bummed, I had high hopes for this program. I currently sub to MyGlam, BeautyFix, Julep Maven, The Look Bag, Test Tube (both versions), Green Grab Bag, and now Sindulge. So I've been around the block with these types of boxes. Sindulge was poorly done. The packaging was lackluster, there was no tracking, and of course, the samples left A TON to be desired. I will say that the customer service is A+ and they've gone above and beyond and I was willing to forgive the site issues if the contents of the box were great but they were not. I'll give it another month, if it's as horrible as this I will be canceling. Sorry I couldn't report better news for my first post here but I saw I was the only one who received their shipment and wanted to let you guys know what my experience was.
frown.gif

I was going to say "glad I didn't waste my time" but I did waste my time twice trying to have a consult, but now I'm glad I canceled and went with my gut on this one. I was kind of starting to get a GGG vibe from these people...and now its definitely there. Once again, no one can top beauty army or birchbox, especially if they try to launch too quickly.

I'm hoping I get my box before I leave for my camping trip so I can cancel before rather than after I get back. I can just see myself being so brain dead, that I forget!

Thanks Makeupgalore for sharing your honest review. There's no reason to feel bad at all. It's because of this site and the members who reviewed and posted about Gogogirlfriends (or as I like to now call it noNogirlfriend!) I decided that particular subscription service was not for me.

I have yet to complete my consultation so now I'm wondering if I should so I can receive my first box for a penny or try to cancel now. I'm disappointed as I had higher hopes for this subscription, But I already have about 10 others so I'll survive!
rolleyes.gif

icon_cheesygrin.gif

Well, still haven't heard back from them regarding my consultation (although the charge posted to my card on 2/28). Attempted to cancel today (NOT the most intuitive placing for that, let me tell ya), got a Paypal error on cancelling. Have used the contact form to advise them of this....do NOT like that it requires a phone #....we shall see how quickly this gets handled.

Ugh. I am really glad that I only paid 1 penny if those are the types of samples they give. BB is only $10 and their samples are WAY better than that, I am not about the pay $12 for a grab bag full of junk. I am not sure if I want to try and give them another month or if I am just going to cancel now. Maybe I will wait to see what everyone else gets before I make a decision. If there are some that are pretty good it might persuade me to give them another month, but if all of the bags are full of cheap junk then I will go ahead and cancel.
icon_neutral.gif

Hmmmm...well I asked for Youngblood cosmetics in my box and bright nail polish and I forget what else. Hopefully it won't be that bad but it's a penny! Just gotta remember to cancel

Good Lord, has everyone consulted with Ami??? Whoever she is, she did recommend me an eye cream and sunblock, and did ask about my skin tone, and hair and eye color. I'm a little miffed that I selected 11 AM Toronto time for my consult (nearest on the list to Buffalo) and was still assigned 11 Los Angeles time. I had to tweak my break times to do this! I'll give it a couple of months just to see if it's consistently cruddy. The first box sounds kind of underwhelming. If I get dry wipes, though, I'll be canceling this one in half of no time!

That's terrible! I'm sorry :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Did it really take 2 weeks to get the box? I guess that makes sense if they don't actually ship it till a week after... I'm hoping it was just that they weren't completely ready to send anything yet. Or didn't have enough sponsering/products at that time. Now that they have a lot of people signing up maybe it'll get better? Here's to staying positive!

Also is there any way you can post a picture of your box/products? I'm not too familiar with a lot of brands so it'd be nice to put some visuals to it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> But if that just brings up bad memories or you just want to throw everything away I understand haha

Hi gals!
Long time lurker, first time poster.
I subscribed to Sindulge about two weeks ago and had my consult only a few days after I signed up. It was quite a hassle to get everything resolved but the customer service rep (and co founder), Jaivin helped me get set up. I was about to give up from that hassle alone. I had my consult with Ami, and I told her about my skin and background in cosmetics. I told her I was mainly interested in makeup. She seemed to understand and take into consideration what I wanted. She was lovely to speak to. I was confident I'd have a great first package...
My package arrived yesterday. WOW!! HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT! I received a Pop Beauty nail polish in a lavender color, an eye pencil from "Me Cosmetics" that appears that it cost one cent (literally,, that's what it says on the packaging), a small tube of Ahava hand cream (about 10 mL), a little jar of a face mask from Clark's Botanicals, and a package of LA Fresh waterproof makeup remover wipes (that appear to be dried up). I was so bummed, I had high hopes for this program. I currently sub to MyGlam, BeautyFix, Julep Maven, The Look Bag, Test Tube (both versions), Green Grab Bag, and now Sindulge. So I've been around the block with these types of boxes. Sindulge was poorly done. The packaging was lackluster, there was no tracking, and of course, the samples left A TON to be desired. I will say that the customer service is A+ and they've gone above and beyond and I was willing to forgive the site issues if the contents of the box were great but they were not. I'll give it another month, if it's as horrible as this I will be canceling. Sorry I couldn't report better news for my first post here but I saw I was the only one who received their shipment and wanted to let you guys know what my experience was.
frown.gif

I'd be happy to post a pic but I'm new here and not a 100% sure how. Any advice or a quick tutorial on how to? 
wink.gif

I'd be happy to post a pic but I'm new here and not a 100% sure how. Any advice or a quick tutorial on how to? 
wink.gif

yup, just make a new comment and in the top bar where you can change your font or add al ink, click the button that looks like a picture of the house, its the first one in the bar with smiley face. or you can copy paste pics into here too! 

Back