Sindulge Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't like the looks of this one at all. Now that Birchbox is getting so big, there are going to be more and more companies like this jumping on the bandwagon to make a quick buck- and this one really seems suspicious. I'm okay with Sample Society since they've got a big-name advertiser like Allure behind them, but I think I'll avoid any others that crop up- at least until they are established and prove themselves.

I had problems with my consultation as well. I went to click on the link they had first sent me when I made the appt but it didn't do anything but take me to the login page and then to my beauty profile. When I looked at my email account again there was another email they had JUST sent me that had a new link that led straight to a page where I could choose to video talk or text chat. I wouldn't have known they were going to send a second email at the time of the appt if I hadn't happened to look again. I think it's poor planning on their part because the first email they send you when you make the appt tells you to login using one link, and then it ends up being a completely different email you have to use. Is that the problem that people are having? The people who are not being canceled on that is. I think this whole consultation thing is really screwed up. Great in theory, horrible in execution. Hopefully they work out all the kinks and it will work better for people. I know they are a new company, but somethings (like canceling on people or turning simple things into a huge hassle) are BIG customer service flaws.

While the idea of a consultation is kind of cool, it should be optional.  Or you should have the option of an email consult.  Not everyone is available during that particular 2 hour period, and so far they aren't executing it particularly well.

this is why i didnt sign up for beauty box 5.. there are so many good ones that are established already (glossybox) that i would rather do those instead

Originally Posted by goldenmeans /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't like the looks of this one at all. Now that Birchbox is getting so big, there are going to be more and more companies like this jumping on the bandwagon to make a quick buck- and this one really seems suspicious. I'm okay with Sample Society since they've got a big-name advertiser like Allure behind them, but I think I'll avoid any others that crop up- at least until they are established and prove themselves.

Originally Posted by Amber Barrera /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I signed up for a penny. I could understand being irate if I had signed up for full price but seriously I spend 495 pennies on coffee everyday. I'm going to chalk it up to them being new & having glitches. Most of these subscription companies end up having some sort of problem in the beginning. I really hope that I don't end up eating my words but for now I'm going to stick it out.

This is how I feel. So far I haven't had any issues (knock on wood), I paid a penny, and their credit card system is paypal verified so I feel secure with paypal on my side. And it's true every single one of these companies has had glitches and problems in the beginning. I mean look at Beauty Army, Jan 1st was a mess with their servers. 

I will say that they responded immediately to my email and got me rescheduled for only two hours later, so A+ for customer service. Would have been better to avoid the problem in the first place, but I'm laid up sick in bed anyway so this time it worked out. I just finished my consultation, and I think if the box is at least somewhat thought out based on the chat it could be good. 

Originally Posted by channelzero /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I will say that they responded immediately to my email and got me rescheduled for only two hours later, so A+ for customer service. Would have been better to avoid the problem in the first place, but I'm laid up sick in bed anyway so this time it worked out. I just finished my consultation, and I think if the box is at least somewhat thought out based on the chat it could be good. 

lol, they haven't even replied to my email. wtf.

I decided to give it a try. I had a very nice consultation with Christina and it sounds like I will be getting an AWESOME assortment that's pretty much perfect for me. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've still heard nothing....I will email them on MOnday (kinda backed up on my to do list). 

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've still heard nothing....I will email them on MOnday (kinda backed up on my to do list). 

Apparently they pick and choose which emails they will answer, lol.

Did the people that have not gotten a response email a generic company email?

I got a response within seconds from Ami when I used her personalized email that I was given in my consultation.

So whoever you were scheduled with, I would email them directly.

This is Ami's

[email protected]

im assuming all the others are the same format.

I'm definitely behind your idea.  I'm not too thrilled with having to make an appointment every month just to be able to get my sample subscription.  Women today are busy - working, being Moms, having lives, most don't have time (or the inclination) to invite a "beauty consultant" into your home via webcam every month.  When I put it that way, it seems like Avon or Mary Kay.  My text chat went fine, but she didn't tell me anything I'd get, didn't suggest any product, didn't ask me what color eyes or hair I have, or anything.  So I see how a face to face would work better for those who like it that way, but I'd prefer a well done survey that they actually use when putting together our boxes or the option to email then answers to questions at our leisure, not waiting for an appointment to chat for 20 minutes with a consultant.  I'm so sorry that some of you were stood up (and multiple times at that!), because to me it seems a hassle.  

They are a new company and I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and hope this is just growing pains, but we'll see how things stand in a few months.  We've learned a lot about other companies through the first few months, MyGlam comes to mind, so Sindulgence will probably prove themselves to be what we want or to be maybe not our cup of tea soon enough.  Now that I think about it, it really is like the modern day Avon Lady!  lol

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

While the idea of a consultation is kind of cool, it should be optional.  Or you should have the option of an email consult.  Not everyone is available during that particular 2 hour period, and so far they aren't executing it particularly well.

I emailed them and I am waiting for a reply but I did see this in the FAQ (which by the way, the answers in there are EXTREMELY vague all around):

Will I be able to track my shipment?

You sure can! Log onto your account here to track your shipment and view all of your profile information.

Also, for everyone who doesn't want a consultation every month:

Do I have to do the consultation every month?

Not at all.  We will have your preferences saved, and at the time of your next consultation, you can simply decline and chose the option to just have your bag sent out.

Also wanted to point this out:

When can I expect my first shipment?

Within 10 business days from your consultation.

Which kind of annoys me since Christina originally said this in my consult:

Christina: You can expect your sample bag to ship out one week after our first consult. We'll have a second consultation next month to check in and see how you liked everything. Feel free to check out our blog in the meantime for all the latest beauty tips and tricks!

Sounds like they don't have their stuff together enough just yet. I am keeping high hopes.

Hi gals! Long time lurker, first time poster. I subscribed to Sindulge about two weeks ago and had my consult only a few days after I signed up. It was quite a hassle to get everything resolved but the customer service rep (and co founder), Jaivin helped me get set up. I was about to give up from that hassle alone. I had my consult with Ami, and I told her about my skin and background in cosmetics. I told her I was mainly interested in makeup. She seemed to understand and take into consideration what I wanted. She was lovely to speak to. I was confident I'd have a great first package... My package arrived yesterday. WOW!! HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT! I received a Pop Beauty nail polish in a lavender color, an eye pencil from "Me Cosmetics" that appears that it cost one cent (literally,, that's what it says on the packaging), a small tube of Ahava hand cream (about 10 mL), a little jar of a face mask from Clark's Botanicals, and a package of LA Fresh waterproof makeup remover wipes (that appear to be dried up). I was so bummed, I had high hopes for this program. I currently sub to MyGlam, BeautyFix, Julep Maven, The Look Bag, Test Tube (both versions), Green Grab Bag, and now Sindulge. So I've been around the block with these types of boxes. Sindulge was poorly done. The packaging was lackluster, there was no tracking, and of course, the samples left A TON to be desired. I will say that the customer service is A+ and they've gone above and beyond and I was willing to forgive the site issues if the contents of the box were great but they were not. I'll give it another month, if it's as horrible as this I will be canceling. Sorry I couldn't report better news for my first post here but I saw I was the only one who received their shipment and wanted to let you guys know what my experience was. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by MakeupGalore /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi gals!
Long time lurker, first time poster.
I subscribed to Sindulge about two weeks ago and had my consult only a few days after I signed up. It was quite a hassle to get everything resolved but the customer service rep (and co founder), Jaivin helped me get set up. I was about to give up from that hassle alone. I had my consult with Ami, and I told her about my skin and background in cosmetics. I told her I was mainly interested in makeup. She seemed to understand and take into consideration what I wanted. She was lovely to speak to. I was confident I'd have a great first package...
My package arrived yesterday. WOW!! HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT! I received a Pop Beauty nail polish in a lavender color, an eye pencil from "Me Cosmetics" that appears that it cost one cent (literally,, that's what it says on the packaging), a small tube of Ahava hand cream (about 10 mL), a little jar of a face mask from Clark's Botanicals, and a package of LA Fresh waterproof makeup remover wipes (that appear to be dried up). I was so bummed, I had high hopes for this program. I currently sub to MyGlam, BeautyFix, Julep Maven, The Look Bag, Test Tube (both versions), Green Grab Bag, and now Sindulge. So I've been around the block with these types of boxes. Sindulge was poorly done. The packaging was lackluster, there was no tracking, and of course, the samples left A TON to be desired. I will say that the customer service is A+ and they've gone above and beyond and I was willing to forgive the site issues if the contents of the box were great but they were not. I'll give it another month, if it's as horrible as this I will be canceling. Sorry I couldn't report better news for my first post here but I saw I was the only one who received their shipment and wanted to let you guys know what my experience was.
frown.gif
Ugh. THat sounds horrible. First off, that there is a price label on an item (Although one cent may be for inventory purposes) is just...wrong. Second, "Me Cosmetics" sounds like that "Professional Eyeliner" that was in MPB. Third, an unusable product (the dried up makeup wipes) sounds like....well....it sounds very GGG, what with their discontinued products. Damn. Just. Damn.

Quote: Originally Posted by MakeupGalore /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi gals!
Long time lurker, first time poster.
I subscribed to Sindulge about two weeks ago and had my consult only a few days after I signed up. It was quite a hassle to get everything resolved but the customer service rep (and co founder), Jaivin helped me get set up. I was about to give up from that hassle alone. I had my consult with Ami, and I told her about my skin and background in cosmetics. I told her I was mainly interested in makeup. She seemed to understand and take into consideration what I wanted. She was lovely to speak to. I was confident I'd have a great first package...
My package arrived yesterday. WOW!! HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT! I received a Pop Beauty nail polish in a lavender color, an eye pencil from "Me Cosmetics" that appears that it cost one cent (literally,, that's what it says on the packaging), a small tube of Ahava hand cream (about 10 mL), a little jar of a face mask from Clark's Botanicals, and a package of LA Fresh waterproof makeup remover wipes (that appear to be dried up). I was so bummed, I had high hopes for this program. I currently sub to MyGlam, BeautyFix, Julep Maven, The Look Bag, Test Tube (both versions), Green Grab Bag, and now Sindulge. So I've been around the block with these types of boxes. Sindulge was poorly done. The packaging was lackluster, there was no tracking, and of course, the samples left A TON to be desired. I will say that the customer service is A+ and they've gone above and beyond and I was willing to forgive the site issues if the contents of the box were great but they were not. I'll give it another month, if it's as horrible as this I will be canceling. Sorry I couldn't report better news for my first post here but I saw I was the only one who received their shipment and wanted to let you guys know what my experience was.
frown.gif

Oh wow! This does not bode well! 

I'm sorry you are having to deal with such an disappointment!

Back