(Spoilers) Julep March 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

secret store is their debut

ahhhhhhhh, there we go, that's right. Thanks @Kyuu! I was having a duh moment....must be cause I put blonde in my hair recently LOL!

I'm skipping this month. None of the colors spoke to me and I pre ordered may's plié wand box so I am going to try and wait until the bottles with the new tops come out. I haven't been a maven long so it's not like I have a million bottles to convert.

So I have enough Jules for a free box -- and this would be my third month in a row. From experience, has anyone got the free polish coupon after using Jules for the third box? Wanted to check before I pulled the trigger on the Jules.

Quote: Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hm, well that's strange....I haven't received an email from Julep about the window being open.
icon_neutral.gif
Also, where is March's birthday polish? March is my month and I was super excited to add it! Wasn't the birthday polishes add-ons, or am I remember incorrectly???

I was wondering whether Lizanne is supposed to be the March birthday polish (though it's marketed as "teal" not emerald), but it just has a normal cap so I guess not.  I couldn't remember if maybe they release the "birthstone" color in the Secret Store and "launch" it around the first of the month?  (ETA: My memory is apparently better than I give it credit for being.)

Happy early birthday, Cookie and all you other March babies!

I am so disappointed in this month's colour. I am only interested in one colour.

It such a boring collection. I mean, half of them look like colors that Julep already has. I don't know what they were thinking this month.

Quote: Originally Posted by weareclouds /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  It such a boring collection. I mean, half of them look like colors that Julep already has. I don't know what they were thinking this month.

I agree
sadyes.gif

I think Julep's color decisions are being held back by their preconceived categories. Having "Classic with a Twist", "Bombshell", and so on makes it so they have to come up with a collection that can be squeezed into each of these profiles. Instead, they could just be creating any colors they wanted.

Quote: Originally Posted by magictodo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So I have enough Jules for a free box -- and this would be my third month in a row. From experience, has anyone got the free polish coupon after using Jules for the third box? Wanted to check before I pulled the trigger on the Jules.
Yes I got the free polish coupon after using Jules for my 3rd box.  I had to email them twice about it to finally get my code though.  I don't think it had to do w/using Jules though, I just don't receive any emails from Julep unless it's the Maven preview & confirmation of my Maven box.

Ok...I chose Boho Glam (my typical profile) with Tania, Rae (very dupeable, but I may gift it to someone, it's pretty), and Monaco. I really wanted to get Harriet, so that's why I chose Boho Glam, but I'm not thrilled with Elisa at all. I feel like I already have a few Juleps that are that color and probably several from other brands too.

Quote: Originally Posted by LuckyMoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Yes I got the free polish coupon after using Jules for my 3rd box.  I had to email them twice about it to finally get my code though.  I don't think it had to do w/using Jules though, I just don't receive any emails from Julep unless it's the Maven preview & confirmation of my Maven box.

Thank you! I wish they had better swatches for the lipgloss. I can't tell if the Enchanted watermelon gloss is too orange.

Yeah, easy skip for me.

Skipping as well. I only like the glitter add-on .. don't need lip products or the core classic stuff and I'm not paying $25 just for that add-on.

I'm kind of glad this month's collection is so bad. I got the PS Resort Box, so this month I'm way over-budget already anyways. Very thankful to Julep for making my decision so easy and without regrets. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think Julep's color decisions are being held back by their preconceived categories. Having "Classic with a Twist", "Bombshell", and so on makes it so they have to come up with a collection that can be squeezed into each of these profiles. Instead, they could just be creating any colors they wanted.
And they don't even do interesting stuff for It Girl. I think an even bigger issue is their scope: Nine new colors for the collection plus a special add-on only color plus the birthstone collection this year *plus* whatever other random shades they decide to toss into the mix EVERY SINGLE MONTH? They're stretching things *way* too thin.

I wasn't stoked about many of the colors either this month, I own similar colors to nearly all of these... but my lips are majorly dried out so I went with modern beauty. I almost bought the Fresh lip polish a few days ago, and this is less, so unless the product is a total fail this is a better deal.

I also added on Monaco because its pretty and I don't think I have anything like it, though I need to check when I get home! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Ok...I chose Boho Glam (my typical profile) with Tania, Rae (very dupeable, but I may gift it to someone, it's pretty), and Monaco. I really wanted to get Harriet, so that's why I chose Boho Glam, but I'm not thrilled with Elisa at all. I feel like I already have a few Juleps that are that color and probably several from other brands too.
Yes, Elisa looks just like Simone which is why I wanted it.  I'm almost out of Simone which is probably my most used Julep.  I agree not very different or special, but at least they are colors I will like.
icon_neutral.gif

I guess Rae is already sold out, so if you selected it and you're waffleing don't take it out until you're sure. 

Quote: Originally Posted by RedBadger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I like the theme this month, nice and bright, not too much glitter.  My default box is Bombshell, but I'm not big on the blue, and Bea (a lemonade cream) is on it's way to me right now, so I switched to the It Girl box.  The green is really pretty.

I'm still waffling on cancelling. (I was one of those who signed up and then had the rules changed retroactively.)  If I cancel, I'd get SquareHue.  The Pros to SquareHue, in my mind, are that it's $5 cheaper, there is a charity donation each month, and you always get three polishes.  (Julep: I did not signed up for a nail polish box to get lip gloss!!)  Pros to Julep are a choice of colors each month, frequent coupon codes, free shipping.  Guess I'll wait it out another month or two.  I think May, with the new caps, will be make-or-break for me and Julep.

Quote: Originally Posted by DragonChick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not only that, you get twice as much polish for $5 less, but you don't get to pick the colors.

I'm tentatively going It Girl adding on Rae and Harriet. I'll prolly waffle for a bit then change my mind and skip.

Well, it isn't really $5 less, because they charge $5 for shipping.  But I do like Square Hue.  Especially if you only want nail polish. 

Quote: Originally Posted by Shanny81 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well, it isn't really $5 less, because they charge $5 for shipping.  But I do like Square Hue.  Especially if you only want nail polish. 

I always forget that they charge shipping on the newer signups since I subbed when they first started and it was $14.99 which included shipping.

Latest posts

Back