(Spoilers) Julep March 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by hrhvittoria /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  ...got add-ons of the swatch stickers...

I posted this last month, but in case anyone missed it and wants to save a few extra $$$...

I needed new swatch stickers, but keep reading that a lot of the stickers ordered as add-ons haven't arrived yet.  I also didn't really want to sink $$ into something that might be obsolete soon with the new Plié-compatible caps.  So I made my own.

I put the file up on Imgur (link below) if anyone wants to download it - it's a .jpg file and 8.5 x 11" (2550 x 3300 pixels).  You can buy Avery sticker sheets at Amazon (or Staples, Office Depot, etc.) to print on.  I sliced them into strips with a paper cutter after they printed and then cut them out as needed.  Each sheet has 35 swatch stickers.

The file link is here - just right-click, "Save As":  http://i.imgur.com/zA8lMC6.jpg

Let me know if you have any problems with it!

I am going with the core classics box and adding on Rae & swatch stickers. I was really close to skipping until I saw Rae. I used some Jules to get Rae for free. I have been wanting to try the oxygen treatment and I need some swatch stickers so overall I am satisfied.

So much angst for Julep today! I'm sorry this month doesn't seem appealing to many of you. I have been a subscriber for a year now and I have a ton of Juleps already. There definitely seem to be some dupes in here but I guess I'm a sucker for new products! I can always gift the dupes later. I actually like the gloss texture and am getting a couple of the brighter shades (upgrade and add on). It did seem a little boring to bring back the top coat and oxygen treatment instead of rolling out some new products. It will be interesting to see what's in the Secret Store...

Quote: Originally Posted by RedBadger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I like the theme this month, nice and bright, not too much glitter.  My default box is Bombshell, but I'm not big on the blue, and Bea (a lemonade cream) is on it's way to me right now, so I switched to the It Girl box.  The green is really pretty.

I'm still waffling on cancelling. (I was one of those who signed up and then had the rules changed retroactively.)  If I cancel, I'd get SquareHue.  The Pros to SquareHue, in my mind, are that it's $5 cheaper, there is a charity donation each month, and you always get three polishes.  (Julep: I did not signed up for a nail polish box to get lip gloss!!)  Pros to Julep are a choice of colors each month, frequent coupon codes, free shipping.  Guess I'll wait it out another month or two.  I think May, with the new caps, will be make-or-break for me and Julep.

Not only that, you get twice as much polish for $5 less, but you don't get to pick the colors.

I'm tentatively going It Girl adding on Rae and Harriet. I'll prolly waffle for a bit then change my mind and skip.

Quote: Originally Posted by shutterblog /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I posted this last month, but in case anyone missed it and wants to save a few extra $$$...
I would totally use those, but I don't have a printer 3:

I just skipped. Only interested in on colour in each box.
frown.gif

I love the colour Monaco, but i have another julep colour just like lilou.... and i don't like their lipgloss.

So I am in the market for a lip scrub, any idea if this is a good lip scrub? I haven't used any Julep lip products so I have no idea if I should spend my money on these or try and get a lip scrub somewhere else.

Quote: Originally Posted by ashleygo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So I am in the market for a lip scrub, any idea if this is a good lip scrub? I haven't used any Julep lip products so I have no idea if I should spend my money on these or try and get a lip scrub somewhere else.
I really like the popcorn lip scrub by Lush. It's pretty amazing. Smells divine too.. like salted caramel popcorn.. yum!

Quote: Originally Posted by DragonChick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not only that, you get twice as much polish for $5 less, but you don't get to pick the colors.

I'm tentatively going It Girl adding on Rae and Harriet. I'll prolly waffle for a bit then change my mind and skip.

This.  Only one color is calling to me from each box or the colors are close to a dupe of something i already have.  I wish they'd offered the pantone colors in a box on their own.  Plus... I reeeeeeheheheheeeeaaaaallly don't need ANOTHER lip gloss.

Quote: Originally Posted by v0ltagekid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I really like the popcorn lip scrub by Lush. It's pretty amazing. Smells divine too.. like salted caramel popcorn.. yum!
I second the rec for Lush lip scrubs.  They smell yummy, are extremely effective, and are half the price of Julep's.

This month was an EASY skip for me.  Those colors just aren't for me.  I can't wait to see this months birthstone polish, my oldest daughter is a march baby and I will definitely be buying it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Bikerchic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  This month was an EASY skip for me.  Those colors just aren't for me.  I can't wait to see this months birthstone polish, my oldest daughter is a march baby and I will definitely be buying it.
Agreed.. the only color I like is the color of the year.... :/ I'm sure it will be sold later at a discounted prize. 

Hm, well that's strange....I haven't received an email from Julep about the window being open.
icon_neutral.gif
Also, where is March's birthday polish? March is my month and I was super excited to add it! Wasn't the birthday polishes add-ons, or am I remember incorrectly???

Quote: Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hm, well that's strange....I haven't received an email from Julep about the window being open.
icon_neutral.gif
Also, where is March's birthday polish? March is my month and I was super excited to add it! Wasn't the birthday polishes add-ons, or am I remember incorrectly???
My window email just got here...hours after I chose my box and add ons and got my confirmation emails. (insert facepalm emote here) and IIRC, they were secret store items?)

secret store is their debut

Hm, well that's strange....I haven't received an email from Julep about the window being open. :icon_neut Also, where is March's birthday polish? March is my month and I was super excited to add it! Wasn't the birthday polishes add-ons, or am I remember incorrectly???

Hm, well that's strange....I haven't received an email from Julep about the window being open. :icon_neut Also, where is March's birthday polish? March is my month and I was super excited to add it! Wasn't the birthday polishes add-ons, or am I remember incorrectly???
It'll be in the secret shop.

I liked a couple of the colors. But, I felt they were really easy to dupe. Especially Lizanne, which I have a dupe for already. And, Tania is extremely easy to find a dupe for...because it's just orchid. Which, is basically everywhere. So, skipping and going to Ulta this month.

Back