(Spoilers) Julep March 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boring. And... more lip gloss?

I'll take a box and use Jules, but not very exciting.

I do like Rae, though. Excited for Orchid as colour of the year. (Wish it was a box option, but not surprising Julep made it an add-on only.)

sleeping.gif
Not a good month for Julep--but a good month for my wallet!

Wow there was not a single thing I wanted this month...... I do admit it's a very springy collection, but I'll leave it, thanks.

Even the core classics box is eh. I was hoping they'd change it up like they did last month since I'm pretty sure the oxygen treatment hurts my nails (they started peeling when they're usually very strong and that's the only thing I can think of) and I hate the freedom top coat.

Good thing, since I'm all polished out at the moment. But maybe I can justify buying something on my ISO list this month now because of it.

Quote:Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Aaand... Le sigh. Skipping as soon as I get to work. I don't even see *one* color I really want.

Quote:Originally Posted by skylite /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh wow. This is the least interested I've been in the colors in months. Usually I'm at least tempted to take a box. Lol

Quote:Originally Posted by autopilot /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree ladies.... "Blah" is how I feel about the selections this month! I am a newer Maven so I don't have the skip option and I am 150 jules shy of having enough to cover my box this month soooo either I have to take a box or cancel my membership :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm going to take the Core Classics box b/c I don't have a Julep top coat yet, and I think I could use that tool... And I can always use a light pink polish that strengthens my nails. Plus that will give me the jules needed to get a free box next month.

Colors aren't that great and I feel like the collection looked at as a whole doesn't make it anymore appealing. I guess it doesn't help much that I don't trust their swatches even in the slightest. 

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Aaand... Le sigh. Skipping as soon as I get to work. I don't even see *one* color I really want.
my thoughts exactly...

WOW I am also SO disappointed.  It's been several months now since I took a box... the first few times it was for low-buy/financial reasons, but the only thing I am truly interested in this month is the scrub, and I am not thinking I want to pay $20 for it.

I was not crazy about any of the boxes this month.  None of them had a color combination that worked for me.  I did go with the Modern Beauty box, as I was interested in trying those.  And I got 3 add-ons: Lizanne and Tania -- because I do love greens like these, as well as Seraphine, which I think might work well under glitters with a clear base.  I may change my mind about these between now and the end of the selection window, though.

I really love the lip scrub, the two featured add on colors (one of which I'm 99% sure is a dupe for Deborah Lippmann's Mermaid's Dream, except with chunkier glitter), and Elisa, the lavender creme.

I'm easy though. I'll prolly get the ultimate upgrade and just get everything.

If you don't like any of the colors but just want the lip scrub, just get the modern beauty box. It's the cheapest you'll get the scrub duo. Hell, I may just do that when I come to my senses.

Oh I also added the lip scrub combo as an add on even though I may not get it because judging by Julep recently, it's likely to sell out as an add-on, and I want to hang on to it just in case.

Boring colors in the boxes and I can't even skip! Since I HAVE to take a box, I'll go with Modern Beauty and add on Tania. I like Julep's lip products and my strawberry mint lip balm from them isn't going to stay alive forever.

Also, am I the only one that finds it funny they're still offering sheets of swatch stickers as an add-on when those stickers are going to be phased out in May?

I also really, really hate Julep's lip glosses. The formula is SO THIN. When you have dark pigmented lips like mine, that's an issue. Only the most pigmented and thick lipglosses work on me. The rest are just varying shades of sheer.

Quote: Originally Posted by LaStupenda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you don't like any of the colors but just want the lip scrub, just get the modern beauty box. It's the cheapest you'll get the scrub duo. Hell, I may just do that when I come to my senses.

Oh I also added the lip scrub combo as an add on even though I may not get it because judging by Julep recently, it's likely to sell out as an add-on, and I want to hang on to it just in case.
I know it's the cheapest you'll get the lip duo but I am honestly only interested in the scrub (pretty sure I will use the other thing once then forget about it and go back to chapstick which seems to serve the same purpose), and I know of several scrubs that I KNOW are good that cost less than $20- sometimes well less. I will need to keep thinking about it.

http://blog.julep.com/meet-the-march-maven-collection/

TOTAL snooze fest.  The only ones I'm remotely interested in are the 2 green ones - Lizanne & Tania.  But of course one's an add-on and one's an It Girl.

I'm having definite deja-vu looking at the colours...I remember a dark blue + light yellow pairing in a previous month.  Nothing exciting, no cool finishes (except for Tania).  Blah.

Darn, was hoping for better colors and ugh more lipgloss. I love Tania and Rae though!! I'll take my box and definitely use my code on one of those. I guess I'm leaning towards boho glam but Idk yet.

Quote: Originally Posted by autopilot /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I do like Rae, though. Excited for Orchid as colour of the year. (Wish it was a box option, but not surprising Julep made it an add-on only.)
I love the color Rae also.  Why does it have to be an add-on?

I thought about going w/It Girl just to get a box and adding on Rae, but Margaret looks like a close dupe for Essie's Bikini so Teeny, which I already have.

Back