(Spoilers) Julep March 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually really like this month.. it was just the kind of theme I was hoping for! I'm also a lipgloss nut, so that helps. I went with Boho Glam -- I've been on the lookout for a good coral polish, and I'm a sucker for all things purple. I also picked Adored gloss.. the others looked either too red, or too brown for me. Wish they had better gloss swatches. Graceful looked nice too, but I'm afraid it will be pretty much invisible.

I also added on the glitter removal kit and the lip scrub. I considered the lip scrub/balm combo, but idk, I'm still a bit confused on what the balm is supposed to do thats so special compared to my trusty rosebud salve. Yet another reason they desperately need some better swatches and descriptions for non-polish products.

I was tempted by Rae, but I'll wait for swatches from some who ordered it. Julep's look a bit dark/dull compared to the actual Pantone color. If its closer to the richness of the Pantone, I'll get it.

I'm ready for some warm colors honestly -- i'd LOVE to see some brights like the resort collection.
As much as I usually don't like them, I'd like some brights/neons to break me out of this ridiculous winter nonsense! I NEED NEON PURPLE IN MY LIFE. RIGHT. NOW.
Looks like BRIGHTS are the winners! And lots of creams... Meh. The wisteria shimmer might be interesting in Boho Glam, but box-wise I'm actually drawn more to Classic With A Twist. I love red, and the sheer white is really unique. I wish there were more like Tania... A whole Mermaid Collection would have been AWESOME. Especially with the Sun in Pisces. Oh well.

I have enough jules for a free box but I can't even find a combo that I like enough that I'd even want to spend them on. I think I'm skipping this month, I do like Tania though but I'll have to get her later :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm wondering why they decided to go with two lipgloss boxes so close together. I'm probably biased but I felt like their lipstick / may 13 products were better received. I wonder if it's just easier to develop lipgloss as products

Actually.. I just found 2 swatches of Fearless and Adored on the lip (but no others). I switched to Fearless. The original swatch they posted made it look like a punchy red with gold shimmer.. but the description says 'sheer silvery pink shimmer' and looks like this on the lip:

Adored on the other hand, is uh.. not a good look.. the model looks pretty fair and it looks reeeally pasty and unflattering even on her. I have pigmented lips so I can only imagine what kind of elmer's glue hell it will resemble on me:

Darn!  I was hoping it'd be a good few boxes until they switch over to the new cap system.  Although, if you're a newer maven this probably is a better box than I think it is.

All these colors, except for the two add on exclusive choice colors, are repeats with a new name. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />    Except probably the white, but that is going to be a hot mess of streaks, you can even see it in the swatch photos how streaky it is... and the coral color in the boho box (looks the same as a polish from early last year but maaaaybe a little darker).

I want a box with the two add on polishes and the coral from boho, lol. 

I like the theme this month, nice and bright, not too much glitter.  My default box is Bombshell, but I'm not big on the blue, and Bea (a lemonade cream) is on it's way to me right now, so I switched to the It Girl box.  The green is really pretty.

I'm still waffling on cancelling. (I was one of those who signed up and then had the rules changed retroactively.)  If I cancel, I'd get SquareHue.  The Pros to SquareHue, in my mind, are that it's $5 cheaper, there is a charity donation each month, and you always get three polishes.  (Julep: I did not signed up for a nail polish box to get lip gloss!!)  Pros to Julep are a choice of colors each month, frequent coupon codes, free shipping.  Guess I'll wait it out another month or two.  I think May, with the new caps, will be make-or-break for me and Julep.

Quote: Originally Posted by normajean2008 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Darn!  I was hoping it'd be a good few boxes until they switch over to the new cap system.  Although, if you're a newer maven this probably is a better box than I think it is.

All these colors, except for the two add on exclusive choice colors, are repeats with a new name. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />    Except probably the white, but that is going to be a hot mess of streaks, you can even see it in the swatch photos how streaky it is... and the coral color in the boho box (looks the same as a polish from early last year but maaaaybe a little darker).

I want a box with the two add on polishes and the coral from boho, lol. 
LOL This is exactly what I want! But I guess I'll go Boho and then add on the other two. 

I have a feeling I'm going to go back & skip before the window closes. 

This collection is SO boring. Wow. And really Julep? More lipgloss? Ugh! I must definitely be on burnout cause I was the biggest Julep apologist and always bought everything (Except January, although I regretted it, it was a better collection after seeing real swatches). 

I do like Tania, Rae, and Lizanne though. I might do modern beauty with those three addons. The rest.... arghhhh

Sucked it up and went with my normal box, Boho Glam (mostly because I can't skip > :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ), with the gloss in fearless. got add-ons of the swatch stickers, Rae, and Tania.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kelly Silva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Yay thank you Julep for making it easy to not get everything! My wallet thanks you!
that's a good way of looking at it...I'll take it! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by hrhvittoria /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  that's a good way of looking at it...I'll take it! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
It's my third box so I feel obligated to not skip, but last month I couldn't resist the ultimate upgrade so this month probably Boho Glam and the add ons will do just fine.

Quote: Originally Posted by LaStupenda /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Julep needs to take a trip over to Etsy and get inspired by the indies. There's so much more they can be doing than boring cremes.
EXACTLY.

I just gulped big and bought the Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask last week - so no way am I spending another $20 on untested Julep lip products.  I never wear the gloss I bought from them the last time and the nail colors were all "eh / blah" for me except for Tania.  So maybe now I won't get the side-eye over my next Sephora purchase...  
wink.gif
   This is the least interested I've been for every single box option in as long as I can remember.

I took the modern beauty box with the Rae and Margaret add-ons. It's been so snowy and cold here, that the thought of some light cool Easter type colors appeals to me.

I really wanted to get this month...until I saw it...glad so many others are disappointed to and now the wait for March 20th begins....

Back