Starlooks August 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
awww sucks that you dont like black eyeliner but you should totally get one of the other colors because it is a great formula, and stays on super well for a very long time. No matter the marketing of long lasting eyeliner, my eyes/eyelids well get me too look like a girl who has been balling for 5 hours... this one has stood the test of time. It is not like the eyeliner pen that we got a year ago in their 2013 Anniversary box.
I have that one and just started using it again to try and use it up and ugh. It has not held up well. The tip is super frayed and it smears off my eyes within 20 minutes. Good to hear the other one is better.  i think I liked the 2013 one more when I first got it, so I wasn't sure if it just has kind of gone bad or what.

I am totally in love with this month's eyeliner. I spent all day yesterday moving in 80 degree weather without an AC moving boxes up and down 3 flights of stairs and scrubbing walls and this eyeliner never budged. I didn't use a primer or anything under it either. Color me impressed!!

I figured all this sweating and grossness of moving was a good way to test how good this stuff actually is and it passed with flying colors! Ill get around to playing with the palette in the next couple days probably.

I got my box and I love it!!

the blushes are perfect for going into the fall -  golden peachy-rose color,  copper-rose, beautiful mauve

The eyeliner is really cool - very liquidity - have to watch it when I apply it.  But this month is so wearable for me and I totally think this is a great box!

starlooks-august2.png

I have that one and just started using it again to try and use it up and ugh. It has not held up well. The tip is super frayed and it smears off my eyes within 20 minutes. Good to hear the other one is better. i think I liked the 2013 one more when I first got it, so I wasn't sure if it just has kind of gone bad or what.
Difference between their former liner and new one....I think the new one is darker and a thicker line-couldn't get a very thin line with the new one like the old one. The old one is actually brand new lol.

image.jpg

@@crazycatlady82 Thanks for the pic! Definitely like the darkness and thickness of the "new" one and yeah my old one is like in your pic and much lighter and creates the thinner line. I will need to check out the new one.

Yay! got my box, first time I actually get it within its actual month, woot! I already gushed about how much i loved it and it is the same once it was in my hands.

I was so excited about getting the blush pallet, but all of mine are too bronze for me to wear. 

I'm on a roll with sub box let downs. 

I cant wait to get my box!  I have to add I had to contact Starlooks because my mystery items order had no movement and  I ordered on the 12th. I got a response and a new tracking in less than half and hour. I also got a pretty funny email from Brandon explaining the situation.  I was amazed at how fast  I got a response. Starlooks has amazing customer service.

I think some of the blush colors could be used as eyeshadows as well if you are not a fan with them on your cheeks.
yep, in fact, I think that the brunette model in the look book is doing just that! I just love this month, I have to repeat it again!

So... Is anyone else still waiting for shipping? I'm trying to decide whether I should be patient for a little while longer or email today and ask where my goodies are.

I love the colors of the blush, but I wish they weren't so shimmery.

They're gorgeous, but I have to use them very sparingly or my face looks like a rose gold disco ball.

I was so excited about getting the blush pallet, but all of mine are too bronze for me to wear. 

I'm on a roll with sub box let downs. 
My colors are way too dark for me too. Much darker than the swatches shown here- so apparently they ran out of the pinks or got cute and gave some of us very dark palettes.. I wrote them an email about how disappointed I have been with the weird colors since I re-subbed and then cancelled. They replied by telling me they are adding customization.

They've had over 2 years to add a beauty profile.. but they tell it on my way out the door- again.

My colors are way too dark for me too. Much darker than the swatches shown here- so apparently they ran out of the pinks or got cute and gave some of us very dark palettes.. I wrote them an email about how disappointed I have been with the weird colors since I re-subbed and then cancelled. They replied by telling me they are adding customization.

They've had over 2 years to add a beauty profile.. but they tell it on my way out the door- again.
You might want to hang in there, I *think* they said they were trying to put the customization thing in next month(ish) as well as the loyalty rewards. Don't quote me on that, but I thought they said it would be soon. 

So, I got an email saying that new subscribers that subscribe during the 22nd - 29th will get an extra item. Um, I signed up for the September box as my first on the 11th and I'm pretty miffed that they wouldn't include me on this offer since I'm a new subscriber too. Maybe I should unsubscribe and resub real quick to make the cut off? Or maybe I'll just shoot them an email bringing up that I subbed for the September box and would like to be included on this offer since it's my first month?

Still excited to see what I'll be getting from them in my first box. Just hope I can get the new subscriber reward since, you know, I'm a new subscriber. lol

So, I got an email saying that new subscribers that subscribe during the 22nd - 29th will get an extra item. Um, I signed up for the September box as my first on the 11th and I'm pretty miffed that they wouldn't include me on this offer since I'm a new subscriber too. Maybe I should unsubscribe and resub real quick to make the cut off? Or maybe I'll just shoot them an email bringing up that I subbed for the September box and would like to be included on this offer since it's my first month?

Still excited to see what I'll be getting from them in my first box. Just hope I can get the new subscriber reward since, you know, I'm a new subscriber. lol
send them a nice email explaining what you are looking for - they respond pretty quickly and have some really great CS care there!

Back