Starlooks June 2014 (SPOILERS)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Kelli  I used their brow product (I bought it on ebay) that was from last year- it is a neutral palette

I used the dark brown in the crease, the medium taupe in the center.  Then I took a bronze eyeliner to eye line my upper and water line.  I then used the gold to line above that (like the Scarlett picture)

I used Stila's peony cream blush and then the fallen angel as a highlighter.  I just dabbed the lipstick on and touched up with a clear gloss.
Sounds lovely. I also used the Fallen Angel as a highlighter and layered it under the Barbie blush. I am really loving Fallen Angel!  I am really happy with this month's items!

I am so in love with this month's Starbox! June was a great month for me!

I also used the products from this months box in my look yesturday <3

tumblr_n7ncr9TQHR1r9fao5o1_500.jpg

*Edited by KellyKaye to remove youtube link per TOS https://www.makeuptalk.com/f/page/articles.html/post/support/terms-of-service*

Last edited by a moderator:
I should have been more specific, I bought forever with my loyalty reward. It most definitely does NOT look like that picture above at all. I saw the picture on fb, and someone asked what color it was and then I patiently waited for the loyalty code. Sososo disappointed. It's pretty much BRIGHT red on me. I'm not really a fan of the long wear lipsticks. They settle into my lip lines, even with a liner.

I got limitless in my box today. I think the color is really pretty. Also for those nervous about the sun liner, it's not as intimidating once it's on. When I saw it, I  kind of turned my nose up, but put it on this morning anyway. It's actually quite nice. Haven't tried the blush yet though. I meant to, but kind of forgot about it. Cream blushes aren't really my thing, and neither are highlighters. I'll give it a whirl eventually.

I got my box today as well!  Oof.  Cream highlighter.  There are few things I need less than more highlighter.  There are few things more that trigger my AWWK!  SHINY! than highlighter!  And this is *guilt-free* highlighter.  Score!  I'm not sure about the lipstick just because I have so many other lipsticks that I might already have something very similar.  I kind of wish I could convince myself to keep the liner because it's a great color, but I have so many yellow eyeshadows already that I just can't justify keeping this one when I know of a good new home for it. 

(And now comes the looong wait for July's box.  At least we're probably only about a week from the spoiler.)

It looks gnarly on her. Not the good 80's kind of gnarly. I don't know, maybe it was the whole look book thing. I wasn't really feeling it. Whatever, they sent out good products and everyone at work thought my makeup looked good today. Thanks to my beauty subs, I'm almost always wearing something wild, and they aren't always hits. So I'm feeling confident about that gold liner. :hehe:

I should have been more specific, I bought forever with my loyalty reward. It most definitely does NOT look like that picture above at all. I saw the picture on fb, and someone asked what color it was and then I patiently waited for the loyalty code. Sososo disappointed. It's pretty much BRIGHT red on me. I'm not really a fan of the long wear lipsticks. They settle into my lip lines, even with a liner.

I got limitless in my box today. I think the color is really pretty. Also for those nervous about the sun liner, it's not as intimidating once it's on. When I saw it, I kind of turned my nose up, but put it on this morning anyway. It's actually quite nice. Haven't tried the blush yet though. I meant to, but kind of forgot about it. Cream blushes aren't really my thing, and neither are highlighters. I'll give it a whirl eventually.
oh okay!!  That is so strange about that lip color.  I wonder what filter or other products they used to get that deep plum color? 

Last edited by a moderator:
oh okay!!  That is so strange about that lip color.  I wonder what filter or other products they used to get that deep plum color? 
I can't possibly imagine how they'd ever get that color with that lipstick. It's so sheer and red they would most definitely have to pair it with something almost black. Then again, I guess they're not really known for having accurate swatches.

I can't possibly imagine how they'd ever get that color with that lipstick. It's so sheer and red they would most definitely have to pair it with something almost black. Then again, I guess they're not really known for having accurate swatches.
that is very strange.  The more that you and @@kaitlin1209 talk about this, the more I feel that you & @@kaitlin1209 are correct.  I think they must have used the darker purple-black eyeshadow from the December palette to create this color.  

I used the cream highlighter last night and was impressed! I have the RMS cream highlighter (overhyped and overpriced at $40), the Starlooks works much, much better.    

It's great to come on here and see pictures of how everyone is using their products, very inspiring.   I'm not sure if I can pull off using the gold eyeliner and I hate dipping into it just once, but I am tempted to play around with it.   The lipstick is beautiful, so pigmented yet moisturizing and sheer.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I used the cream highlighter last night and was impressed! I have the RMS cream highlighter (overhyped and overpriced at $40), the Starlooks works much, much better.    

It's great to come on here and see pictures of how everyone is using their products, very inspiring.   I'm not sure if I can pull off using the gold eyeliner and I hate dipping into it just once, but I am tempted to play around with it.   The lipstick is beautiful, so pigmented yet moisturizing and sheer.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I think you most definitely CAN pull it off. Maybe use it as a shadow instead? Sheer it out a little so it's not quite so bold at first. Or maybe use it as an accent to your brown or black liner (if you use either of those) because I feel it could easily go with warm or cool tones.

Just received the June Starblast. I really enjoy that they launched these recently, They give great ideas and combine them with products we got from previous boxes.

Back