Summerswap 2014 Reveal Thread (Post your beauties here)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YAY! Awesome reveals! I'm finishing up packing mine (and pulled out a few more goodies from my sample stash to add to the box) and cant wait to send it out.  THIS IS SO EXCITING!

Great reveals so far! I'll hopefully send out my package by the end of the week. So exciting!!!!

I got my package today and my summer secret santa was @@Dashery ! Thank you so much! I wasn't expecting this so soon and it just made my entire Monday! Everything came all pretty with little notes attached to each surprise.

blogger-image-363205878.jpg

Everything came in this reusable Batman & Catwoman shopping tote. I TOTALLY SHIP THIS! Especially the Anne Hathaway and Christian Bale version. ALL THE DARK KNIGHT RISES FEELINGS!

What a great gift! What a great way to start the reveals!!! MuT ladies are the best.

blogger-image--1725519969.jpg

I love the card she chose! It's so pretty! I don't think I've ever seen one like it! One of the first items I pulled out was this Too Faced Tan Without The Twinkle set. I love their chocolate bronzer, but the little bitty brush out-cuted the makeup itself. It's so soft and pretty!

blogger-image--1092916023.jpg

Ally made me all of these super cute hair bows! My favorite is the red and white one in the middle. It's one of my favorite things from everything Ally sent me, which is a lot to say because it was all amazing! I think I'll be wearing this bow almost every day!

blogger-image--86352841.jpg

I receive all of these cute little miniatures, including a miniature JC perfume! I don't have this one yet either, so I'm super excited to add it to my ever growing collection. Also these papier poudre sheets seem amazing, it looks like not only do they blot and remove oil, they leave a light dusting of powder on the face. C'est tres chic!

blogger-image--373180013.jpg

And one of the most amazing parts was this custom "subscription box" made just for me!

blogger-image--2139525041.jpg

It's Rochelle Goyle themed! /flips the freak out!/

blogger-image-2059453190.jpg

Inside there were so may Rochelle themed goodies from color coordinated makeup to handmade hair bows to eyeshadow samples (from The Checkered Lily, one of my favorite indie companies!). This was so creative and amazing! Top this, ladies!

Ally, thank you so much for everything. I love, love, love it all! It's made me so happy, you don't even know!
Great gifts!!

Last edited by a moderator:
@DonnaD was my summer swap buddy and my package arrived today!

IMG_0282.jpg

First of all, the box is barely closed because it is absolutely jam-packed. 

IMG_0283.jpg

Second, @@DonnaD had crocheted a beautiful market bag! This is absolutely gorgeous, with a touch of whimsy. It even includes a pocket on the back! Every time I use this bag, I'll think of your thoughtfulness! 

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg

Third, the box smelled fantastic because it included a bottle of Laundress signature detergent, which I will happily use to wash the market bag. Yup, I'm excited about laundry detergent!   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Next, I found a tea cup, saucer, and tea! I drink tea daily and this set is perfect timing because we recently broke one of our mugs. 

IMG_0285.JPG

There were several bath and body products, including shampoo, sponges and a mini brush. I've got to admit that I'm usually running out of the door in the mornings to catch my bus, so that mini brush will come in handy when I don't have time to brush my hair before I leave home.

In addition, @@DonnaD included a Sigma foundation brush that I've been coveting! I recently started wearing makeup daily, so I hope that this brush will help to decrease the time that it takes to apply foundation. 

@@DonnaD also included a beautiful set of OPI nail polishes. My nail polish collection is mostly neutrals, so I'm happy to have colorful shades!

Finally, @@DonnaD included caramel-filled chocolates, a cell phone charm in my favorite color and forget-me-not flower seeds!

IMG_0286.jpg

@@DonnaD Thank you so much for taking the time to crochet such a beautiful bag and to curate such a well-rounded lifestyle package. I love lifestyle products, so this box was absolute perfection. I am grateful for your creativity, generosity and thoughtfulness! 
What a lovely gift! That bag is absolutely gorgeous.

That owl bag is so insanely awesome. I have no words :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@DonnaD was my summer swap buddy and my package arrived today!

First of all, the box is barely closed because it is absolutely jam-packed. 

IMG_0283.jpg

Second, @@DonnaD had crocheted a beautiful market bag! This is absolutely gorgeous, with a touch of whimsy. It even includes a pocket on the back! Every time I use this bag, I'll think of your thoughtfulness! 

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg

Third, the box smelled fantastic because it included a bottle of Laundress signature detergent, which I will happily use to wash the market bag. Yup, I'm excited about laundry detergent!   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Next, I found a tea cup, saucer, and tea! I drink tea daily and this set is perfect timing because we recently broke one of our mugs. 

IMG_0285.JPG

There were several bath and body products, including shampoo, sponges and a mini brush. I've got to admit that I'm usually running out of the door in the mornings to catch my bus, so that mini brush will come in handy when I don't have time to brush my hair before I leave home.

In addition, @@DonnaD included a Sigma foundation brush that I've been coveting! I recently started wearing makeup daily, so I hope that this brush will help to decrease the time that it takes to apply foundation. 

@@DonnaD also included a beautiful set of OPI nail polishes. My nail polish collection is mostly neutrals, so I'm happy to have colorful shades!

Finally, @@DonnaD included caramel-filled chocolates, a cell phone charm in my favorite color and forget-me-not flower seeds!

IMG_0286.jpg

@@DonnaD Thank you so much for taking the time to crochet such a beautiful bag and to curate such a well-rounded lifestyle package. I love lifestyle products, so this box was absolute perfection. I am grateful for your creativity, generosity and thoughtfulness! 

I got my package today and my summer secret santa was @@Dashery ! Thank you so much! I wasn't expecting this so soon and it just made my entire Monday! Everything came all pretty with little notes attached to each surprise.

blogger-image-363205878.jpg

Everything came in this reusable Batman & Catwoman shopping tote. I TOTALLY SHIP THIS! Especially the Anne Hathaway and Christian Bale version. ALL THE DARK KNIGHT RISES FEELINGS!

blogger-image--1725519969.jpg

I love the card she chose! It's so pretty! I don't think I've ever seen one like it! One of the first items I pulled out was this Too Faced Tan Without The Twinkle set. I love their chocolate bronzer, but the little bitty brush out-cuted the makeup itself. It's so soft and pretty!

blogger-image--1092916023.jpg

Ally made me all of these super cute hair bows! My favorite is the red and white one in the middle. It's one of my favorite things from everything Ally sent me, which is a lot to say because it was all amazing! I think I'll be wearing this bow almost every day!

blogger-image--86352841.jpg

I receive all of these cute little miniatures, including a miniature JC perfume! I don't have this one yet either, so I'm super excited to add it to my ever growing collection. Also these papier poudre sheets seem amazing, it looks like not only do they blot and remove oil, they leave a light dusting of powder on the face. C'est tres chic!

blogger-image--373180013.jpg

And one of the most amazing parts was this custom "subscription box" made just for me!

blogger-image--2139525041.jpg

It's Rochelle Goyle themed! /flips the freak out!/

blogger-image-2059453190.jpg

Inside there were so may Rochelle themed goodies from color coordinated makeup to handmade hair bows to eyeshadow samples (from The Checkered Lily, one of my favorite indie companies!). This was so creative and amazing! Top this, ladies!

Ally, thank you so much for everything. I love, love, love it all! It's made me so happy, you don't even know!
That is so cool!  Love the personal birchbox idea!!!! Great job and awesome reveals so far!

Well, I didn't get my Summer Swap package today, but I did get NINJA SWAPPED by someone on here. @@DonnaD sent me a package today just because.

Look what she made me!!!!

The crochet goddess created me a beautiful teal colored crochet bag. Isn't it gorgeous? Oh my goodness I love it. Donna!!! I can't believe you sent this to me!!! I love it so much. THANK YOU.

IMG_2279.jpg

IMG_2280.jpg
That's really beautiful! I've been stalking all of these boards (trying to get ready for SS), and Donna sure is talented! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My summer swap buddy is @@Christa W and she is already my friend so she knows what I like!  Christa and I have become close due to our mutual love of all things nail polish here on the boards so when I saw my present was from her, I knew I was in for a real treat.  She just gets me.

This bag is to die for!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Cutest thing ever and it's the perfect size to carry all my stuff the few times a year we do our B&B stays.  It was stuffed full too.

box.jpg

pres.jpg

She wrote a long note which, for real, made me cry.  And made me remember the number one reason I value this board and the people on it is because I have real friends here and Christa was my first.

My favourite part of this gift is the handwritten family recipe cards.  Christa, your mom's last name is my maiden name.  Are we long lost relatives???

She sent me OPI Brazil Collection liquid sand minis.  I LOVE!!!!  This!

OPI Push and Shove 

Sephora X in Zing and Inspiring

Sephora by OPI in Leotard Optional whch I have been wanting FOREVER.

Sinful in Real Teal.  It's one of the new silk collection and I'm dying to try it out.

Nicole by OPI in My Sol Shines Brighter and Live In The Momentum

Sally Hansen Lustre Shine in Scarab

Olive Lips which I love this stuff so much!

And finally a few creams and lotions and a perfume sample.

She put together the perfect present for me.

Thank you so much, Christa for everything but most importantly for always being my friend.  :hugs3:

My summer swap buddy is @@Christa W and she is already my friend so she knows what I like!  Christa and I have become close due to our mutual love of all things nail polish here on the boards so when I saw my present was from her, I knew I was in for a real treat.  She just gets me.

This bag is to die for!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Cutest thing ever and it's the perfect size to carry all my stuff the few times a year we do our B&B stays.  It was stuffed full too.

box.jpg

pres.jpg

She wrote a long note which, for real, made me cry.  And made me remember the number one reason I value this board and the people on it is because I have real friends here and Christa was my first.

My favourite part of this gift is the handwritten family recipe cards.  Christa, your mom's last name is my maiden name.  Are we long lost relatives???

She sent me OPI Brazil Collection liquid sand minis.  I LOVE!!!!  This!

OPI Push and Shove 

Sephora X in Zing and Inspiring

Sephora by OPI in Leotard Optional whch I have been wanting FOREVER.

Sinful in Real Teal.  It's one of the new silk collection and I'm dying to try it out.

Nicole by OPI in My Sol Shines Brighter and Live In The Momentum

Sally Hansen Lustre Shine in Scarab

Olive Lips which I love this stuff so much!

And finally a few creams and lotions and a perfume sample.

She put together the perfect present for me.

Thank you so much, Christa for everything but most importantly for always being my friend.  :hugs3:
YEA!!!  Lots of fun polish to play with!

Aww, that's so sweet and lovely! Perfect reveal!  :lol:

Eeek!!!! My daughter and I just got back from the post office (dropping off my Summerswap box), when I saw a Priority Mail box covered with heart stickers on it on my door step. I may have squealed.

I still have yet to open it (getting ready to battle nap-time with a 2-year-old), but I just wanted to say it was delivered and say thank you in advance to trekkersangel.

Audrey was super excited about the heart stickers as well, and started picking them off the box right away.  :)

photo.JPG

Eeek!!!! My daughter and I just got back from the post office (dropping off my Summerswap box), when I saw a Priority Mail box covered with heart stickers on it on my door step. I may have squealed.

I still have yet to open it (getting ready to battle nap-time with a 2-year-old), but I just wanted to say it was delivered and say thank you in advance to trekkersangel.

Audrey was super excited about the heart stickers as well, and started picking them off the box right away.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Oh my gosh I'm so happy it got there safe & sound. The guy at my post office had a hard time with your address & told me to hang on to my tracking number just in case something happened with the address. So I tucked away my receipt with the tracking number into a zippered pocket in my purse. I'm renovating my downstairs bathroom right now & I was putting on painters tape when I noticed my 1 year old emptying my purse into the trash for me. . . Got to love little "helpers!" My receipt was gone!!!! I emptied my trash onto my kitchen floor frantically looking for my receipt! No luck! I look at my baby only to find the bottom half of the receipt I'm looking for in his mouth! Yep! My baby ate your tracking number! Mom of the year right here!!!!

Needless to say, I'm extremely happy it made it to you safe & sound!

I love the reveals!  You guys are so thoughtful.  I'm not part of the swap but can't resist all the love coming off these swap boards.  

Back