Quantcast

Trying a natural hair color

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Geek2

Administrator
Admin
Joined
Sep 27, 2003
Messages
11,114
Reaction score
4,213
I bought Naturcolor from Mother's Market the other day and I'm trying it today. I'm really nervous because my hair looks dark brown right now with the color on. I'm trying to get blond color. I'm going to rinse it off in a minute....will let you know what happened. Yikes!

Yikes!!! My hair turned ash. It's very gray. Now what do I do???? I ruined my beautiful blonde hair just trying to fix the roots and make it all one color. I learned my lesson big time with color hair home. I'll have to pay my stylist to fix this now. I'm sure they are not open today but I'll have to see if I can get an emergency appointment tomorrow since I can't go anywhere looking like this. Lesson for all of us to learn....leave hair coloring to the professionals. They are definitely worth the money. I was doing this trying to save money and now it's going to cost me big time. I'm so MAD!!! at myself.


 

Geek2

Administrator
Admin
Joined
Sep 27, 2003
Messages
11,114
Reaction score
4,213
I attemped to fix the color by using L'Oreal Colourexperte and it didn't work. Now my hair is strawberry blonde. I guess it's better than all over ash. I'm going to call tomorrow and see if my stylist and see me. If not I guess I'll just have to wait and suffer. I'm so bummed that I did this and ruined my beautiful blonde hair. I'm hoping that my stylist will be able fix my hair back to normal.

 
Joined
Jul 7, 2004
Messages
1,934
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Reija(admin) I attemped to fix the color by using L'Oreal Colourexperte and it didn't work. Now my hair is strawberry blonde. I guess it's better than all over ash. I'm going to call tomorrow and see if my stylist and see me. If not I guess I'll just have to wait and suffer. I'm so bummed that I did this and ruined my beautiful blonde hair. I'm hoping that my stylist will be able fix my hair back to normal. Oooh, I'm sorry to hear about this!
A friend of mine had a similiar problem but she kept trying to fix it herself and just made it worse. I'm sure that your stylist can get you back to a good place. It may take time & extra $$, but it'll be well worth it. Best wishes!!
 
Joined
May 30, 2004
Messages
394
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Reija(admin) I attemped to fix the color by using L'Oreal Colourexperte and it didn't work. Now my hair is strawberry blonde. I guess it's better than all over ash. I'm going to call tomorrow and see if my stylist and see me. If not I guess I'll just have to wait and suffer. I'm so bummed that I did this and ruined my beautiful blonde hair. I'm hoping that my stylist will be able fix my hair back to normal. Aawww
Hugs...

 

Geek2

Administrator
Admin
Joined
Sep 27, 2003
Messages
11,114
Reaction score
4,213
Thanks everyone for your support! I feel better already just anxious to get it fixed.

 
Joined
May 3, 2004
Messages
644
Reaction score
0
Oh Reija, hope your feeling better there, I have had the same thing happen to me a couple of times, a color will look so good on the model in the picture that's on the box, get home and try it and it comes out looking nothing like it. I'm sure your stylist will be able to help you out, good luck and let us know how it goes.
 
Joined
Oct 22, 2003
Messages
22,667
Reaction score
441
Location
Huntington Beach, CA
ATTN everyone, we are goin to try to fix this now. I am helping................LOL


She went and bought some professional stuff from a pro beauty supply store...

Will post back how this goes!





Originally Posted by HarleyMom

Oh Reija, hope your feeling better there, I have had the same thing happen to me a couple of times, a color will look so good on the model in the picture that's on the box, get home and try it and it comes out looking nothing like it. I'm sure your stylist will be able to help you out, good luck and let us know how it goes.



 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
Awww.. sorry to hear about that Reija!! What was the color you were doing originally? Was it an ash color? I've never heard of that brand before... but sometimes those "natural" dyes use ingredients that can give some unexpected results... usually darker than others. I mean look at some of the red colors that are available... basic red dyes - then you go and use something natural like a red henna... and BAM! You've got Extreme red like Lucille Ball. The only thing I like with some natural minerals that you can buy at a store is the Garnier 100% color. Blonde hair is usually very porous from being bleached so much. So it's very easy for it to suck in color. I personally don't like ash colors - they rarely look good on anyone. Goldens are usually more friendly, especially for blondes. Hope you and your "assistant Tony" find something that works for you!


 

Geek2

Administrator
Admin
Joined
Sep 27, 2003
Messages
11,114
Reaction score
4,213
Lets post some "IN PROGRESS" Pics, looks dark but it's cuz it's wet I HOPE LOL

Will post some FINISHED Pics after it's done also

(this is really funny w/ tony helping LOL)











Originally Posted by NYAngel98

Awww.. sorry to hear about that Reija!! What was the color you were doing originally? Was it an ash color? I've never heard of that brand before... but sometimes those "natural" dyes use ingredients that can give some unexpected results... usually darker than others. I mean look at some of the red colors that are available... basic red dyes - then you go and use something natural like a red henna... and BAM! You've got Extreme red like Lucille Ball. The only thing I like with some natural minerals that you can buy at a store is the Garnier 100% color. Blonde hair is usually very porous from being bleached so much. So it's very easy for it to suck in color. I personally don't like ash colors - they rarely look good on anyone. Goldens are usually more friendly, especially for blondes. Hope you and your "assistant Tony" find something that works for you!





 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
Still looks like it might still have a strawberry touch to it...but then again, any red is hard to remove without going with a high volume of peroxide. What stuff did you get? And definitly post the After pics!!! LOL

 
Joined
Oct 22, 2003
Messages
22,667
Reaction score
441
Location
Huntington Beach, CA
So far so good!!! Looks very blonde to me....blowdrying right now

WILL SEND PICS soon as we are done....

I am a computer geek NOT a hair dyer

hair dyer? is that a word?





Originally Posted by NYAngel98

Still looks like it might still have a strawberry touch to it...but then again, any red is hard to remove without going with a high volume of peroxide. What stuff did you get? And definitly post the After pics!!! LOL



 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Tony(admin) So far so good!!! Looks very blonde to me....blowdrying right now
WILL SEND PICS soon as we are done....

I am a computer geek NOT a hair dyer

hair dyer? is that a word?

You're more a "Colorist" LOL
Tell her to dry faster!! LOL I have to leave for a bit - but I'm staying until you post her pics!!! j/k LOL
 

Geek2

Administrator
Admin
Joined
Sep 27, 2003
Messages
11,114
Reaction score
4,213
Drying faster! LOL







Originally Posted by NYAngel98

You're more a "Colorist" LOL
Tell her to dry faster!! LOL I have to leave for a bit - but I'm staying until you post her pics!!! j/k LOL





 

Geek2

Administrator
Admin
Joined
Sep 27, 2003
Messages
11,114
Reaction score
4,213
OKAY, I am HAPPY NOW!!!!!!









Originally Posted by NYAngel98

You're more a "Colorist" LOL
Tell her to dry faster!! LOL I have to leave for a bit - but I'm staying until you post her pics!!! j/k LOL





 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
Yup... I'd say you're a definite BLONDE again!! LOL Well, at least you know what color to get next time. Mega blondes is a good one.
Happy for you!! Looks good!!!

 

Geek2

Administrator
Admin
Joined
Sep 27, 2003
Messages
11,114
Reaction score
4,213
Thanks. I'm SO glad I'm back to normal. I think I burned my scalp a little bit though. It feels a little irritate tonight. I put some aloe vera gel on it. Is there anything I should do to help my scalp to recover? I don't feel it being that way the whole head, just in one part on the top of the head.

 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
It's from dying it so many times... it will usually get irritated, no matter how 'strong-scalped' you are
The back to back use of the peroxide will make it a little sore for awhile. Honestly, just be gentle if you shampoo, go easy on brushing, and it will heal itself within a day or two.


 
Joined
Jun 22, 2004
Messages
1,631
Reaction score
0
WOW Reija! that looks great!
sorry you had to go through all of that, but i would've never known if you didn't post. be sure to condition well b/c all that color tortured your hair. also stay away from the hair dryer as much as possible until the texture is restored back to normal.

 

Latest posts

Top