• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Ulta: Codes, Deals, Sales, and Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know if you earn a year of platinum membership for each $400 you spend or every year you have to spend $400 to keep it? So for example if I spent $800 on 2014 and nothing in 2015 how many years am I platinum?

Quote: Originally Posted by numbersmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anyone know if you earn a year of platinum membership for each $400 you spend or every year you have to spend $400 to keep it? So for example if I spent $800 on 2014 and nothing in 2015 how many years am I platinum?
Every year you have to spend $400 to maintain Platinum status for the next year. In your example, you would lose Platinum status at 11:59pm December 31st, 2015. If you spent $400 this year and $400 in 2015, you would be Platinum until the end of 2016.

Quote: Originally Posted by TooMuchElectric /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Every year you have to spend $400 to maintain Platinum status for the next year. In your example, you would lose Platinum status at 11:59pm December 31st, 2015. If you spent $400 this year and $400 in 2015, you would be Platinum until the end of 2016.

Are the rules the same as Sephora's VIB/VIBR then?

Quote: Originally Posted by kaitlin1209 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In regard to how long you keep your Platinum/VIB/VIBR status, I think the answer is yes. Someone with Platinum and VIB/VIBR status care to answer that more definitively?

From what I can tell, your points last forever at Sephora regardless of your status, and you can redeem them for any reward that is on the site (or in the store). VIBs get a slightly better free birthday gift, early access to sales, and have access to VIB/R-exclusive codes.

At Ulta, Platinum members earn 1.25 points per dollar spent (instead of 1), and their points last forever (instead of expiring in one year). Points are redeemable for an amount off of a purchase, with more points being worth considerably more dollars (2000 points = $125 off your purchase). You get double points throughout your birthday month, and get a $10 off coupon in addition to the free birthday gift. Ulta frequently has bonus points offers, and Platinum members usually get a higher bonus (e.g. 10x points event while other people get 3x points, or 5x points while others get double points). Sometimes there are free shipping sales or other coupons mailed/emailed, but I don't know if those are random or related to platinum status.

Quote: Originally Posted by kaitlin1209 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In regard to how long you keep your Platinum/VIB/VIBR status, I think the answer is yes. Someone with Platinum and VIB/VIBR status care to answer that more definitively?

From what I can tell, your points last forever at Sephora regardless of your status, and you can redeem them for any reward that is on the site (or in the store). VIBs get a slightly better free birthday gift, early access to sales, and have access to VIB/R-exclusive codes.

At Ulta, Platinum members earn 1.25 points per dollar spent (instead of 1), and their points last forever (instead of expiring in one year). Points are redeemable for an amount off of a purchase, with more points being worth considerably more dollars (2000 points = $125 off your purchase). You get double points throughout your birthday month, and get a $10 off coupon in addition to the free birthday gift. Ulta frequently has bonus points offers, and Platinum members usually get a higher bonus (e.g. 10x points event while other people get 3x points, or 5x points while others get double points). Sometimes there are free shipping sales or other coupons mailed/emailed, but I don't know if those are random or related to platinum status.

Too Much Electric is right on the first point.  VIB/VIBR and Ulta Platinum have the same rules for how long status lasts after you earn it (balance of calendar year + following calendar year).

And the rest of them too.  Sephora points don't expire (at least not for now), but at Ulta, points expire after a year if you don't use them and aren't platinum.

I've never shopped at ulta but I think they have better deals than sephora - my ulta didn't have the point system until a couple of months ago. I don't even know how to shop there! I'm thinking of holding back at sephora and doing the majority of my shopping at ulta... 

Ulta definitely has Sephora beat on the deals count. They have multiple 20% everything discounts a year, their rewards system is better, and you're able to stack GWPs in an order. But the stores are awful, the returns system is more difficult for online orders (I love Sephora's free returns by mail), and the shipping is super slow (my order from last Wednesday won't even get here until Friday).

Thank you all for your answers, very helpful! I'm about $150 away from platinum so I think I'm going to slow down my purchases since its only April and you can't build your status out past the next year. I'll prob order that much on black Friday and cyber Monday alone. Lol

That's exactly what I meant; thank you so much! As to the differences in rewards, I think Ulta is the clear winner in the available rewards.  I *just* had my Ulta program switched to the new system, but I've been into makeup for a few years.  I always shopped at Sephora because Ulta had virtually no rewards for me, but since it switched I've switched most of my business to Ulta. 

Thank you all for your answers, very helpful! I'm about $150 away from platinum so I think I'm going to slow down my purchases since its only April and you can't build your status out past the next year. I'll prob order that much on black Friday and cyber Monday alone. Lol
I just noticed for us December b-day members. Cyber Monday is December 1st this year. We'll get double points! (That's kinda sad I'm so excited about that already, lol)

*Whine* I think UPS lost my Ulta package with the 3 GWP purchases from last Wednesday. It was out for delivery Monday and that's the last update and it definitely hasn't been delivered. I've had stuff lost through the mail before but not UPS. I guess I'll wait a few more days and then contact Ulta if it doesn't show up.

Quote: Originally Posted by Wida /img/forum/go_quote.gif

*Whine* I think UPS lost my Ulta package with the 3 GWP purchases from last Wednesday. It was out for delivery Monday and that's the last update and it definitely hasn't been delivered. I've had stuff lost through the mail before but not UPS. I guess I'll wait a few more days and then contact Ulta if it doesn't show up.
The same thing happened to me.  They had transferred the package to USPS to finish the delivery and it took several days for the USPS to register that they had it in their possession.  And it took 3 days longer than the original delivery estimate.  If it says out for delivery though from UPS, and its been stuck like that for days that doesn't sound promising.... :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by tallison /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  The same thing happened to me.  They had transferred the package to USPS to finish the delivery and it took several days for the USPS to register that they had it in their possession.  And it took 3 days longer than the original delivery estimate.  If it says out for delivery though from UPS, and its been stuck like that for days that doesn't sound promising.... :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I hope that they find it and deliver it.  I just have a horrible feeling that if I contact Ulta for a replacement package, I'm going to be told that the GWP's can't be replaced due to being out of stock or something.  They're the whole reason I even placed an order.  I know...first world problems...

I hope that they find it and deliver it.  I just have a horrible feeling that if I contact Ulta for a replacement package, I'm going to be told that the GWP's can't be replaced due to being out of stock or something.  They're the whole reason I even placed an order.  I know...first world problems...
And....UPS confirmed that they have lost my package and Ulta confirmed that they cannot replaced the 3 GWP's as they were promotional. 
icon_evil.gif

And....UPS confirmed that they have lost my package and Ulta confirmed that they cannot replaced the 3 GWP's as they were promotional. 
icon_evil.gif

I am so sorry!  RIP cute GWP's! 
bringiton.gif
 And watch out UPS Man!

icon_evil.gif

omg!! That makes me so nervous. UPS lost a check we sent from my work a few weeks ago for over $23,000 and they just kinda shrugged and told us to stop the check....like they totally didn't apologize or find it or anything.  I wouldn't expect anything from UPS but that's really unfortunate Ulta didn't do more to remedy the situation for you. 

I am being sent a gift card for my purchase price but that is all they can do. Grrrr... Murphys law just won't leave me alone this week!

I am being sent a gift card for my purchase price but that is all they can do. Grrrr... Murphys law just won't leave me alone this week!
I am so sorry that this happened to you! I can't help with all the gwps but if one of them happened to have been the perfume sampler, I did end up with an extra one of those. It's still unopened and I would be more than happy to send it your way, if you would like. I'm sorry it's not much but perhaps it can brighten your day a wee bit. Just let me know and it's yours!

Back