What companies do you subscribe to?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've shifted things around again, officially cancelled Ipsy, Glossybox, Graze, and Bonjour Jolie.

So, I currently have:

Birchbox

Popsugar

SocialBliss

Naturebox

Barkbox

Beauty Box 5

Ready to cancel Ipsy, too.  Haven't really been thrilled with anything received lately.  Glossybox isn't that great consistently but I will grab a box once in awhile.  Between a stash backlog and getting ready to move think it's time to hit the "pause" button on some subs!

Quote: Originally Posted by windermerwmn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Ready to cancel Ipsy, too.  Haven't really been thrilled with anything received lately.  Glossybox isn't that great consistently but I will grab a box once in awhile.  Between a stash backlog and getting ready to move think it's time to hit the "pause" button on some subs!
I'm going to give ipsy one more month. March was a HORRIBLE ipsy month for me. If this month sucks, I'll be cancelling immediately. Already looking for subscriptions to replace it. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Okay.. this is a little awkward, but I need to know... lol.

Is anyone here susbcribed to Spicy Subscriptions? My boyfriend and I recently did a 4 month subscription receiving our first box in April. Sign-up was no problem. Well, now, I haven't been able to log into my account at all. It just says 'error' when trying to log in. I contacted their customer service via e-mail a week ago and was told they were having issues and were working to correct the problem. Well, now I still cannot log in a week later. What if I was trying to unsubscribe? That would be 150$ being charged to my account. Has anyone had any problem with this company and subscribing / cancelling?

Quote: Originally Posted by trustlust /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Any thoughts on LipFactory? Thinking that may be my next sub... but not sure... ;/
 I tried it for a few months and I didn't care much for it.

The value was good, but I mostly got brands I had never heard of and things that just weren't really "me"...I feel like it's a lot like a (larger) Ipsy, in that it's great for building up a collection but not so much for true product discovery, or at least it was for me!

Okay.. this is a little awkward, but I need to know... lol. Is anyone here susbcribed to Spicy Subscriptions? My boyfriend and I recently did a 4 month subscription receiving our first box in April. Sign-up was no problem. Well, now, I haven't been able to log into my account at all. It just says 'error' when trying to log in. I contacted their customer service via e-mail a week ago and was told they were having issues and were working to correct the problem. Well, now I still cannot log in a week later. What if I was trying to unsubscribe? That would be 150$ being charged to my account. Has anyone had any problem with this company and subscribing / cancelling?
I had some issues. They charged me for a second box before my first shipped (it shipped way later than supposed to) . I emailed to tell them I got charged and needed it refunded because I only wanted one month. They basically were like no can do, but we can cancel if you want. I told them I thought it was shady business practice to charge me for a second month before they even shipped the first and they completely ignored me after that. Left kind of a bad taste in my mouth.

Ugh I think social bliss is calling my name and I'll have to sub soon. Also thinking about giving hammock pack a second chance. Or maybe trying hazel ln. Currently I have Popsugar Birchbox x 3 Love with food for hubby Graze Nibblr And citrus lane for my kids. Also thinking about getting nerd block jr and silly rhino for them. Sigh so many boxes.

I'm subscribed to:

Ipsy

Pop Sugar

Lip Factory

Star Box

Blush Mystery Box

Cancelled:

BirchBox- After 7 months, I never received a single thing I liked.

Ipsy and Blush are my favorite. Pop Sugar is a little more pricey than I would like, but since March was my first box I'm going to give it some time. I received my first boxes from Lip Factory and Star Box this month as well. I think I'm going to love Star Box, but I will probably end up cutting Lip Factory as well after my 3 month trial period.

Quote: Originally Posted by ashleygo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had some issues. They charged me for a second box before my first shipped (it shipped way later than supposed to) . I emailed to tell them I got charged and needed it refunded because I only wanted one month. They basically were like no can do, but we can cancel if you want. I told them I thought it was shady business practice to charge me for a second month before they even shipped the first and they completely ignored me after that. Left kind of a bad taste in my mouth.
Yup I had the same experience. I just emailed them. I wanted to return the box that I got that I was unknowingly charged for but they don't do that. So now I'm stuck with a box of unused (and probably will stay unused) random intimate products. Don't really like that company. 

Quote: Originally Posted by teenyfish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Yup I had the same experience. I just emailed them. I wanted to return the box that I got that I was unknowingly charged for but they don't do that. So now I'm stuck with a box of unused (and probably will stay unused) random intimate products. Don't really like that company. 
Well.. we're paid through July, so I'll just call in June and cancel. Thanks for ya'lls input. It's definitely a shady company. ;/

I resubbed to wantable for this month since I had a $10 credit. Hopefully they will impress me this time. How can you get lip color, eyeliners, and eye shadows wrong?

Okay, well I discovered subs in Sept. Became obsessed tried about everyone of them, spent money I didn't have and it has finally happened... I'm kinda over it. This month I'm going to cancel: Naturebox, Escape monthly, wantable accessories, wantable intimates, birchbox, fab fit fun,love with food.her fashion, her fitness....pijon Most subs I paid in advance, so I will just let them go when they expire. The only boxes I will continue to subscribe to after my others expire is: Popsugar (unless there CS continues or worsen) Social bliss (just started this one, but I've loved what I've seen so far) Graze box. So, cutting waaaaaaay back. Making it fun again instead of a big chore if keeping track and trying to swap things.

Quote: Originally Posted by northwest22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Okay, well I discovered subs in Sept. Became obsessed tried about everyone of them, spent money I didn't have and it has finally happened... I'm kinda over it. This month I'm going to cancel:

Naturebox, Escape monthly, wantable accessories, wantable intimates, birchbox, fab fit fun,love with food.her fashion, her fitness....pijon

Most subs I paid in advance, so I will just let them go when they expire.

The only boxes I will continue to subscribe to after my others expire is:
Popsugar (unless there CS continues or worsen)
Social bliss (just started this one, but I've loved what I've seen so far)
Graze box.

So, cutting waaaaaaay back. Making it fun again instead of a big chore if keeping track and trying to swap things.
Yeah, I only have pop sugar, graze, nibblr box and birchbox now, finding I don't even miss most of my other subs and I don't pine after a lot of items in boxes I missed. 

I just cancelled two of my Birchboxes, I found I was getting a LOT of dupes between the 3, and not exactly the dupes I would be happy with. Looking for a new sub box to fill that void. Would like it be beauty oriented. Less than 20$ a month.  Would like it to feature some rather well known brands. Any suggestions?

I just cancelled two of my Birchboxes, I found I was getting a LOT of dupes between the 3, and not exactly the dupes I would be happy with. Looking for a new sub box to fill that void. Would like it be beauty oriented. Less than 20$ a month.  Would like it to feature some rather well known brands. Any suggestions?
Maybe Sample Society?

I currently take Birchbox, Sample Society, Ipsy, Julep, and Beauty Army. I am on the verge of canceling Beauty Army. April's box is the first one I've taken since November of last year. For some reason, the post office just arbitrarily decided not to leave it with the rest of my mail, but to treat it as if a signature were required and without my signature, put it back into the system to ship back to its sender. I'm not blaming Beauty Army for that; however, how they handle the problem will determine whether I cancel. They can either replace the box (with items besides tea and diet aids!) or refund my payment. I'm not even sure if I want them to give me credit towards a future box--there was a reason I skipped for six months, most of the offerings were either dupes or shady diet products, which I find inappropriate in a beauty-related sub. I will second the suggestion to try Sample Society, for anyone who wants a decent balance of predominantly beauty-related products at a reasonable price! They tend to be a little more skin care and treatment-heavy, and don't send out makeup as frequently as others, but the quality of their samples is excellent and most of the time they're very generously sized. (edited to correct sentence error!)

Quote: Originally Posted by Bflopolska /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I currently take Birchbox, Sample Society, Ipsy, Julep, and Beauty Army. I am on the verge of canceling Beauty Army. April's box is the first one I've taken since November of last year. For some reason, the post office just arbitrarily decided not to leave it with the rest of my mail, but to treat it as if a signature were required and without my signature, put it back into the system to ship back to its sender. I'm not blaming Beauty Army for that; however, how they handle the problem will determine whether I cancel. They can either replace the box (with items besides tea and diet aids!) or refund my payment. I'm not even sure if I want them to give me credit towards a future box--there was a reason I skipped for six months, most of the offerings were either dupes or shady diet products, which I find inappropriate in a beauty-related sub.

I will second the suggestion to try Sample Society, for anyone who wants a decent balance of predominantly beauty-related products at a reasonable price! They tend to be a little more skin care and treatment-heavy, and don't send out makeup as frequently as others, but the quality of their samples is excellent and most of the time they're very generously sized.

(edited to correct sentence error!)

Yes, I seem to recall Sample Society sending well-known, high-end brands for the most part.

Still going

ipsy

yuzenbox (was on the fence with that one, but I stayed)

saffron rouge inner circle

fortune cookie soap

eco-emi (still love!)

starlooks

dollar shave (or razor, or whatever it is called!)

julep (but I skip mostly - I have some points there that I don't want to lose, so I think I am waiting for one box that I will pay for and then I can cash in those points - unless they change their point system so I can use them in the store!!)

Added

birchbox (much to my dismay!! lol....they had some nice boxes recently, so I thought I would dip my toe back into the water.  I will run it for a few months and see what happens)

rainbow honey

Stopped

graze - too many dried fruits when I wanted those savory bits!  I may rejoin, but I was only sub'ing monthly afterall

brazen - nice products, but I felt after 6 months, it was time to go.  I won't rejoin, because I came in under the special price of 10.00 - it is now 15.00 and this sub isn't worth 15.00

ophelia's apothacary

Will let expire (still have 2 more boxes)

thierry mugler - it is a quarterly sub.  Nice and all, but I only wanted it for a year anyway

I am always thinking of getting rid of ipsy, but I can never do it!! lol

I wish birchbox would do an eco-friendly only sub box.  I am in love with my current eco-friendly ones (yuzen, eco-emi, saffron rouge) and I do really love starlooks. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back