What is the best foundation you have tried?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love Prescriptives Custom Blend. I also love Bobbi Brown's Tinted Moisturiser but couldn't find one to match my skin tone.

Originally Posted by Elisabeth I have tried them all, and I am sooooo relived to hear from someone like Cass comes on and says that the perfect one does not exist. I am grateful for this forum and the chance for us all to get together and share our ideas.....As I, like everybody else, is stil looking for that perfect, flawless foundation.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Totally!
icon_smile.gif
I have a few different brands at home so I can change foundations when my skin changes its 'mood'. Sometimes my dry-dry skin can actually get oily for a day or two (hormones), when my allergies act up and I'm blotchy, and then there are days when I'm super tired so pairing dry skin with the look of death requires extra care.
icon_redface.gif

My favorites so far are:

• La Prairie Skin Caviar SPF 15 paired with Smashbox Photofinish - the best and on my dry or dry/tired days I can achieve a glowing complexion all day long.
  • Armani Luminous Silk Foundation - nice medium coverage that wears well throughout the day.
  • Lancome Teint Idole Ultra (oily days - or normal days when paired with Smashbox Photofinish) - lasting finish, though can be drying with daily use for normal to dry skin-types.

I've tried pretty much almost all drugstore brands and also M.A.C., and now i think i've found the one :icon_love . I have fallen in love with EL Double Wear, lasts all day long, dosen't break me out or make my face look oily.
claps.gif
I definitely recommende it.

I just picked up Cover Girl TruBlen Powder Foundation, and I really like it!

I can't find a foundation I like, either. I refuse to spend the money on department store makeup. I've tried Clinique, Benefit and Prescriptives and didn't like them. Right now I have the new Covergirl anti-aging makeup that makes the claim you'll see a difference in just 3 weeks. Well it's been over 3 weeks and I'm still waiting. But it's an ok foundation. Hardest thing for me is finding the right shade that matches my neck, because my face is actually darker than my neck due to redness, brown spots, etc. I really dislike Revlon's anti-aging foundation, it is disgusting. When I first used it, I gave it a good review but the longer you use it, the more greasy your face gets. Yuck! I used to like Neutrogena's foundations but they don't last & the coverage is super sheer. Neutrogena's tinted moisturizer is ok but I've heard good things about Covergirl's so I am probably going to try that next. L'Oreal has some very weird foundation shades. Why can't the companies get this stuff right?

And while I'm here, here is my "department store cosmetics pet peeve". It never fails - I decide I'll give a brand a try, visit the counter and I know more about the company's products, shades and promotions than the salesperson! It happens EVERY time!!! It even happens to me in Bath & Body Works! How hard can it be to learn about the products your employer sells? Ugh!

Ok hopping down off the box now & going back to housework!
smile.gif

hi i love mixing up diorskin and diorsatin foundation..it makes a great foundation and really gives a flawless and a glowing skin!

Mac was great but i got so pissed at them changing the colours every month so when i went back the shade i wanted got lighter and lighter
icon_rolleyes.gif

Not i just use clinique as i can rely on it not to change!

MAC IF YOUR LISTENING STOP DISCONTINING MAKEUP NOT EVERYONE HAS THE SOME SHADE !

icon_wink.gif

i also love applying revlon moisturizing foundation...its available only in india i suppose...that was one of the best foundation i've ever tried!

I have really oily, acne prone, sensitive pain in the butt skin and I love MAC's Select SPF 15 foundation.

I've had ZERO problems with it and the coverage is great without being really heavy.

I'm still looking for that perfect foundation. Almost everything makes me oily and the matte foundations are either too drying or I have problems with colors. Right now I am using a powder foundation from sephora which matches pretty well. I am also using a concealer from avon's mark line. These two have been doing well so far but I'm always lookin for something better.

Originally Posted by Lil_Claude I've tried pretty much almost all drugstore brands and also M.A.C., and now i think i've found the one :icon_love . I have fallen in love with EL Double Wear, lasts all day long, dosen't break me out or make my face look oily.
claps.gif
I definitely recommende it. Everyone seems to like this one, but from what I have read about it, it appears to be a really full coverage, heavy foundation. Is this true? I tend to like a lighter coverage, so I don't want to run out and buy it if it is like spackle!

Originally Posted by CassBH Everyone seems to like this one, but from what I have read about it, it appears to be a really full coverage, heavy foundation. Is this true? I tend to like a lighter coverage, so I don't want to run out and buy it if it is like spackle! I think the EL counter would give you some samples before you buy it. I know some of the girls on MuT sheer it out w/ moisturizer or a liquid highlighter.

Originally Posted by anne7 I think the EL counter would give you some samples before you buy it. I know some of the girls on MuT sheer it out w/ moisturizer or a liquid highlighter. Great! Thanks...I will try and get some samples after the mad rush of the holiday is over
smile.gif

Cass

Originally Posted by CassBH Great! Thanks...I will try and get some samples after the mad rush of the holiday is over
smile.gif

Cass

Awesome, let us know how you like it if you end up getting it. If you do go, try for a weekday morning, since that is when they are usually the least busy!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Becca Luminous Skin Color has got t be the best I've tried so far. I love the Loose Finishing Powder as well

Have any of you tried Avons perfect wear 12hr foundation? Im thinking of trying it.

Originally Posted by K*O* The Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation makes my skin look flawless, and the coverage is great too.... my mom also wears this, and it makes her look like she has luminous, perfect skin!

I love Revlon Colourstay in Buff it lasts all day on my combo/oily and if I want sheerer coverage I just mix it with a little moisturiser!

Back