Allure Sample Society January Spoilers and Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My lippie was broken as well, and I got a gentleman named George who insisted on sending a new box, even though I assured him everything else was fine, so I don't think it's a gender issue.

The second one came broken, too, and I emailed them the second time, so I could spell it out specifically that I did not want anything in return, because I had already gotten two full boxes, but that I did think they should know that this lipstick should probably not be sent out anymore, because it apparently doesn't mail well. They refunded my entire $15. I emailed them back and said it was not necessary, but they responded immediately and said it was a done deal.

I felt bad at first because I live way out in the woods, 20 miles on dirt roads, so things do get bounced around a lot, and I told them so. But it does sound like there were issues with this lipstick.

My box came today. I got the Zoya shade in Rayne. I was surprised to see shimmer in a pastel, but it doesn't look horrible in the bottle. I got 050 Cobalt Crystal for the Eye Art.

The soap and the conditioner turned out to be way smaller than I expected...this was a disappointment after last month's box with the Burberry and Tinted Lippy, but I think I'll still like the serum and philosophy product.

Love that blue polish!  Will throw a first coat on before work if my box shows up before I leave.  And yeah, I already had a bar of that soap, so knew it was microscopic.  Was saving it since I have so many soaps and cleaners open already.

It seems like every box is on a hair conditioner kick.  As much as I love the stuff, a break would be nice.  But I am very pleased that the serum is in the box.  Everyone has been giving us moisturizers and eye creams but no serums (besides Marta).  

I would take this box any day over Ipsy or Birchbox.

I love the shimmery blue nail polish and that's the color I hope I get.  I'm not a fan of the lavender or pink but I have a 6 year old daughter who would love them so those would be ok :smilehappyyes:   My box is scheduled for delivery next Tuesday. 

I want all the polishes! Hmm I'd gladly trade my peach revlon for polish.  I gotta search out that swaps thread. 

Love that blue polish!  Will throw a first coat on before work if my box shows up before I leave.  And yeah, I already had a bar of that soap, so knew it was microscopic.  Was saving it since I have so many soaps and cleaners open already.

It seems like every box is on a hair conditioner kick.  As much as I love the stuff, a break would be nice.  But I am very pleased that the serum is in the box.  Everyone has been giving us moisturizers and eye creams but no serums (besides Marta).  

I would take this box any day over Ipsy or Birchbox.
Yeah, I'd definitely take this box over Ipsy, although it is a bit closer for Birchbox. Ipsy needs to step it up with not repeating crappy brands. They seem to have been stuck in a rut for a while... At least Birchbox has a great loyalty program.

Yeah, the soap idk what I'll do with. I think bar soaps are too drying for my body, let alone my face, and the card does note that it's for oily skin, so it's definitely getting swapped. 

Boxes include so many hair products in general that I'm kind of sick of it...they take a long time for me to get through. And I also don't really like how sometimes it's just a shampoo or just a conditioner, instead of a smaller set of both. It just bothers me a little hahaha although I do like getting bigger bottles of just one. I can't have everything!

I got my box.  I received the Tiana polish.  The minty green color. I would definitely select this for my toes in the summer.  I actually like all of the colors they are showing in the booklet.   I got the Peach Prism in the eye art.  The wand is like a lip gloss applicator.  I expected it to be more like an eyeliner brush for finer "art".  I tried one of the colors in the inner eye.  It looks pretty good. 

2'nd time in a row that I didn't get my listed color(s).  I mean the eden polish (pink) is pretty but my heart was set on the metallic blue in my dashboard.  The eye stuff came in  gold and black vs. blue.  This doesn't matter to me since I can't wear eye makeup.  But I guess the gold is better for my daughter.  I know with the last color swap they did on me I got an unusable lippy shade vs. the listed one that would have worked,  

So what I am getting at here...  Why list colors if they ain't gonna send them?  I think this is a reasonable question.  .They are setting their customers up for possible disappointment which makes SS look bad.  I think they should nix the colors/shades.  I mean yeah we know now, but new people down the line won't.  So if you read this SS, please place this in your suggestion box.

The eye makeup is tricky to apply, at least for me - I gave it a shot this morning and ended up wiping the whole mess off and it still looks like fairies had an orgy on my face.. ALL THE GLITTER!   I did test some on my hand yesterday and it looks like if you have a chance to let it set, it is very durable - but today I ended up with the liner on my upper eyelid after opening my eyes because it was not yet dry.  Tips are appreciated with this stuff.

The eye makeup is tricky to apply, at least for me - I gave it a shot this morning and ended up wiping the whole mess off and it still looks like fairies had an orgy on my face.. ALL THE GLITTER!   I did test some on my hand yesterday and it looks like if you have a chance to let it set, it is very durable - but today I ended up with the liner on my upper eyelid after opening my eyes because it was not yet dry.  Tips are appreciated with this stuff.
Hahahaha! 

@ - I applied it on my lower lash line and on the lashes today. It looks nice, more brightening than anything. Its fun to play with stuff I wouldn't normally buy. The beauty of beauty boxes!

I used the soap twice. It gives a clean feeling that I really like. No extra tightness. I have dry skin so, I have to moisturize anyway. But, no more than normal. If anything, less.

The serum glides on nicely.  I have had serums that leave my face sticky.  I don't know what its doing but, I like the way it feels so, I will definitely use this up.

@ Kmuntz holy cow I almost choked on my water when I read that!

I got the light blue polish(pretty) and the gold

Revlon. I'd have much preferred the peach , I don't think I will actually use this.

The little soap is adorable! Looking forward to to seeing what all the fuss is about

I haven't gotten my box yet but for those of you that have - it sounds like the Revlon doesn't fry completely? or does it? I was under the impression it was a cream shadow + top coat but if they aren't drying down this will not be good for it's potential longevity in my makeup bag... -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My box was here today! I got the Mint color polish and the peach/gold Revlon - I'm super happy! So happy that I actually washed my makeup off faster than normal when I got home today (which is usually the first thing I do but I mean I was excited to do so) just so I can try out the new moisturizer. I gave the Strivectin to my teen to use and may give him the adorable bar of soap as well, not sure yet. I really like this box, but I think if I'd gotten a different Revlon it might have been meh.

haven't gotten my box yet but for those of you that have - it sounds like the Revlon doesn't fry completely? or does it? I was under the impression it was a cream shadow + top coat but if they aren't drying down this will not be good for it's potential longevity in my makeup bag...
Its still where I put it about 9 hours ago. I didn't use the real glittery side. I used my eyeliner brush and not with a heavy hand.

Back