Allure Sample Society January Spoilers and Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@@Kristy_Isabelle - I don't get the picture with the extra item either. Not sure when they started showing the box on the order history this way. My September history shows just an unopened Allure box. I didn't sub for October/November. But, December shows the open box and its contents are accurate. So, why wouldn't we think these would be the contents.  Let down is natural.

Reminds me of BB a little bit.  We get to see the contents of what will be in our boxes in full size on the BB website/app. Then when we receive the box, there is always a little letdown because some of the samples are not great representations of the products.  That's my feeling anyway.

I get box tomorrow so I'll def update on the contents/color/shades etc once it arrives.

I saw my UPS man today and told him he needed to bring me my makeup early! None of this 4:30pm when all the ground deliveres are made. I want it by 10am! Told him to act like it was an air shipment. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@@Kristy_Isabelle - I don't get the picture with the extra item either. Not sure when they started showing the box on the order history this way. My September history shows just an unopened Allure box. I didn't sub for October/November. But, December shows the open box and its contents are accurate. So, why wouldn't we think these would be the contents.  Let down is natural.

Reminds me of BB a little bit.  We get to see the contents of what will be in our boxes in full size on the BB website/app. Then when we receive the box, there is always a little letdown because some of the samples are not great representations of the products.  That's my feeling anyway.
Well, this is way too soon after the El Enlighten bait and switch ordeal.  2 times in a short period makes me feel this was purposeful.  This attached pic is from the Jan order page.

SS2.jpg

I've been really happy with the Sample Society products and customer service. After receiving a broken Butter Lippy Balm in December's box, they quickly accommodated my request for a replacement. I look forward to this week's shipment!

I've been really happy with the Sample Society products and customer service. After receiving a broken Butter Lippy Balm in December's box, they quickly accommodated my request for a replacement. I look forward to this week's shipment!
Yeah CS answered my question pretty quickly and told me even though I cancelled my account that I'd still be getting the february box.

Guys my box is here, I'll take pic's in a minute and update this post.

Here's the highlights:

StriVectin is included,

My polish is lavender, the shade is called Leslie

My Revlon item is a peachy color/shade called Prisme Peche

ETA:

Sizes

Zoya: full size, .5 oz it appears they're sending five shades:

• Eden (bubble gum pink),
  • Leslie (lavender),
  • Tiana (milky mint),
  • Lillian (non shimmer/metallic baby blue) and
  • Rayne (metallic baby blue).
Philip B: .5 oz

Philosophy: .25 oz tiny bottle

Erno soap: no size, it's smaller than the Philosophy bottle

Revlon: full size, .1 oz, appears they are sending 3 shades: 

• Cobalt Crystal (gray blue cream with blackened blue glitter) 
  • Peach Prism (rose gold cream and glitter) and
  • Gold Glitz (gold cream with black glitter)
Pictures!

IMG_4005.JPGIMG_4006.JPGIMG_4007.JPGIMG_4008.JPGIMG_4009.JPGIMG_4010.JPGIMG_4011.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I walked into the drugstore and saw the revlon eye art sets yesterday front and center, really interested to try these (even after seeing the blog about some colors being better than others) - my box will be here around 2 pm!  Excited!

Thank you for posting your box @@Bizgirlva!  My box won't be here for another week so I'll have to live vicariously through all of you until then.  I'm happy to see the StriVectin was included.

Got my box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> strivectin serum was there plus other goodies.. My shades were rayne for zoya nail polish n blue for revlon :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Do u think they go by age in choosing shades or the profile questions we filled when we started the subscription or it is simply a random chance ?

So happy with my box! I received the Revlon Eye Art in Peach Prism and the Zoya Polish in Leslie (lavender). I love the colors I got. Also really excited to try the Strivectin

What?! They refused me and gave me $5 credit which I DIDNT want!  Im emailing again.

I got the blue combo (Rayne Zoya and Cobalt revlon).  This was the polish I wanted, so I'm super happy!  The soap is adorable btw.

Got the Lavender/ Peach combo and it's also my first Sample Society box- I had no idea it was the size of a Birchbox, thought it would be Glossybox sized.  I basically bought the box for the tiny soap, pretty excited to use it. 

Wow!  So I had ordered a separate December box (just the box, not a subscription) and it came with a broken Butter London lip balm.  I emailed and asked if they could send me a new one and the guy said no we don't do replacements like that and he gave me a $5 credit instead.

I was so unhappy with that but let it ride until I saw @@isabelfromcali mentioned they sent her one.  I just wrote an email asking if they could take back the $5 and please send me a replacement, that I was not happy with the earlier resolution.  I even said I'd send back the whole box.  

It apparently is all about getting the right rep because Kathy is sending me a WHOLE new box! Which is awesome even though I really just wanted the lipbalm.  And I've already got the invoice for it, too.  She said I should keep the box, keep the $5 and thank you for subscribing. 

Now *that* is customer service!  I love you, Sample Society (and Kathy)!

Wow!  So I had ordered a separate December box (just the box, not a subscription) and it came with a broken Butter London lip balm.  I emailed and asked if they could send me a new one and the guy said no we don't do replacements like that and he gave me a $5 credit instead.

I was so unhappy with that but let it ride until I saw @@isabelfromcali mentioned they sent her one.  I just wrote an email asking if they could take back the $5 and please send me a replacement, that I was not happy with the earlier resolution.  I even said I'd send back the whole box.  

It apparently is all about getting the right rep because Kathy is sending me a WHOLE new box! Which is awesome even though I really just wanted the lipbalm.  And I've already got the invoice for it, too.  She said I should keep the box, keep the $5 and thank you for subscribing. 

Now *that* is customer service!  I love you, Sample Society (and Kathy)!
That's amazing! Maybe it takes a woman's understanding.

Hi, I'm new, but want to start posting because I have been really loving these Sample Society boxes - I cancelled all of my other subscription boxes, because I like getting products from brand names that I know, buy, and can find at the store. I love the Estee Lauder & Bobbi Brown stuff that we've gotten in previous boxes, and the skincare in this box is amazing.

Alas, I got the blue/blue box combo, but would have LOVED the peach eye/lavender nail combo. Regarding the nail polish, the blue "Rayne" that I got was my second choice, so that's OK, but purple's my favorite color, so I was really hoping for "Leslie." Still, I've never tried Zoya before, and the blue is very pretty, so it's OK.

I do not like the Revlon in Crystal Cobalt, however - I have a warm yellow undertones, and any blue makeup makes me look like I have two black eyes. I would have been happy with either of the other two Revlon colors, the peach or gold.

Last edited by a moderator:
My box came today. I got the Zoya shade in Rayne. I was surprised to see shimmer in a pastel, but it doesn't look horrible in the bottle. I got 050 Cobalt Crystal for the Eye Art.

The soap and the conditioner turned out to be way smaller than I expected...this was a disappointment after last month's box with the Burberry and Tinted Lippy, but I think I'll still like the serum and philosophy product.

Back