Apple Cider Vinegar

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Naturally Laura it would be rather hard for me to do it from here! LOL ..Kidding! You could probably add a tincture (I say tincture vs essential oil because ..you don't want oils and tinctures are made with alcohols usually). However they would probably be overpowered by the ACV. Lavender, Chamomile, Rosemary are all good ones to use!
Hang in there though ..you get used to it!

LMFAO!! You are too funny..
I never heard of a tincture before. Where could i go to buy a tincture of Lavender?

That reminded me of how you make your own Vanilla Extract.

Very Best Vanilla Extract

2 Vanilla Beans or pods

Split the beans in half and put into a clean jar.

Pour 1/2 cup of vodka or brandy over the beans,

then close with the lid

Lightly invert the mixture every day for four to six weeks.

You can strain out your beans or keep them in there

You can also add more vodka after you have used about half of your extract

Store away from direct sunlight.

Vanilla beans can also be put in a cansiter with sugar and will create vanilla flavored sugar in about one week.

Madagascar produces 80% of the world's vanilla beans.

A good vanilla bean is dark in color and pliable, you can bend it without breaking it

The scent of vanilla is reported to calm angry feelings and emotions,maybe that is why vanilla candles are so popular

Leony and all I did the mix of 50/50 on the ACV and water and whew my face stinks and I had to finally rinse it off.

Does any one else have that problem?
icon_rolleyes.gif
It kind of stuffed me up.

Originally Posted by sunnysugar99 Leony and all I did the mix of 50/50 on the ACV and water and whew my face stinks and I had to finally rinse it off.Does any one else have that problem?
icon_rolleyes.gif
It kind of stuffed me up.

Yup.. i mixed 50/50 too but didnt rinse off. The smell kinda left after a few mins and then i applied moisturiser.

Laura thanks for the tip, that may be the secret put on moisture cream after rubbing the ACV mixture on my face. I will try it.

I guess rinsing after 5 minutes would not hurt either,if it still bothers me.

I used the ACV toner 50/50 first time tonite.

It made my eyes tearing in the first minute even though I didn't put any toner closer to my eye areas....
wassatt.gif

the smell is bearable after I put the moisturize on...

I will keep trying for a week.......

I bought theACV, and I will make the 50-50 solution tonight and try it, and I am going to drink it too, willing to give a natural solution a try!! Thanks for all the info!!

I've been using Witch Hazel + few drops of Tea Tree oil & Lavender as a toner. Do you know if it's "safe" to mix ACV with Witch Hazel?

I use the T.N. Dickinson’s Original Witch Hazel. As far as I understood, there's nothing added to the original one. How do you make your own Witch Hazel?

You know, I read about this a few decades ago. Of course at that time I was a LOT younger and still in the "invinceable" and "indestructable" stage - lol. Wish I had started with it then, but hey, it's never too late to start. Anything that's been raved about for that long must have something to it.

Originally Posted by dolphin_gal You know, I read about this a few decades ago. Of course at that time I was a LOT younger and still in the "invinceable" and "indestructable" stage - lol. Wish I had started with it then, but hey, it's never too late to start. Anything that's been raved about for that long must have something to it. Welcome to Makeuptalk dolphin_gal
smile.gif

Hi Welcome here dolphin_gal
I am like you I heard many things about Apple Cider Vinegar for years thought it would not hurt to use it on my face. I love mixing ACV and pouring it as a rinse over my hair after shampooing.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes, gals! I've been a member for about a month, but between vacationing, reading and learning and reading and learning more from this site, I've just now got around to coming out of the woodwork and posting. I'm still going through the overwhelmed stage when all the info out there makes me feel like I'm back in college Chem classes - lol - sooooo many things to try, so many conflicting studies, so many new acronyms. But I'm starting to get them sorted out (I think - lol).

Kathy

Originally Posted by sunnysugar99 I do not know if any of you know this. But eating or drinking afew tablespoons of Virgin Coconut oil a day, will make you lose weight it speeds up the T3 in your own Thyroid and helps you to lose weight. Make sure you get a good Brand of Virgin Coconut oil though. How does that work? Coconut oil is mostly saturated fat...

Virgin Coconut Oil is a food, and is one of the best cooking oils you can use. It has been a staple cooking oil for thousands of years in tropical climates. As a cooking oil, its chemical structure is kept in tact and therefore is resistant to mutations of fatty acid chains even when used in higher cooking temperatures, unlike most vegetable oils. Research shows that the medium chain fatty acids found in coconut oil boosts the body's metabolism, raises body temperatures, and helps provide greater energy which can lead to weight loss.

Virgin Coconut oil is rich in lauric acid, a nutrient that supports the body's immune system. Lauric acid is also found in human mother's milk. Dr. Mary Enig suggests the average adult include about 3.5 tablespoons of coconut oil per day in their diet.

Naturally you are Correct! I knew I liked you the minute you said you liked my vanilla bean recipe.
icon_smile.gif
We have much in common.... and yes Coconut oil is great for anyone especially those that suffer a sluggish thyroid. I do, I am hypo after having my thyroid removed after having grave's disease in 1997.

Coconut oil has lauric acid and it is good for everyone.

I love to read; and it is a great way to learn. I found out we are never to old to learn more and more.

Naturally thank you I appreciate your opinion also. I was going to put Dr. Mercola site up . I was just reading his newsletter.

Tropical Traditions my favorite I love the creamy coconut it is great mixed with peanut butter. You know what else is good is Coconut oil on cottage cheese and pineapple. aw and yes cooking with it is great!

Did someone say thyroid........aw you poor dear without your thyroid since you were just a babe really, must have been tough on you. You look great. I tryed Armour , it is the best more natural and sadly enough I developed a allergies to it, strange huh? We are much alike really I read your background that you wrote and boy can I see right through your eyes.

You have any good recipes with Coconut oil you want to share?

HUGS TO YOU
heart.gif

thanks for all the wonderful information posted on ACV...i have been organic for years and a raw foodist for about 6 months and i can tell you that taking acv every day does add to your glow--though i never thought to put it on my face=-

question--if you use the acv as a toner, but also use something like an alpha-beta peel (md skincare) would you forego the ACV that day? i have oily sensitive skin that is prone to redness...dont want to stress it..

also on the coconut oil--it works for some for weightloss, not all--i take 1tbs a day, anymore and i gain weight--you have to really watch it and decide how it works for your body--i take it for all its OTHER wonderful healing properties..
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back