Apple Cider Vinegar

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ohhhhh!!!i tried it for the 1st time on my face..wat an unpleasantt smell...!!!but anyway for beauty sake, i'll have to stand it..
icon_wink.gif
..took half teaspoon of acv n half tsp of water..dipped in cotton pad n rub only one part of my face (forehead) to see if i'm gonna have any breakouts next morning...hopefully it'll work for me...have this huge one cyst on cheekbone..very rare to get cystic but lets c how acv 's gonna kill it..
biggrin.gif

I always use apple cider vinegar for indigestion. Sometimes I get indigestion so bad that it hurts from my shoulders to my hips. I drink the vinegar straight, about an ounce. It works like Drano. Within minutes it is breaking up the indigestion and I feel better than new. My husband uses apple cider vinegar for warts. The doctor treatments only worked until the warts came back. The apple cider vinegar makes them go away for good. I also got rid of a growth (wart?) on my finger using vinegar. And we make our own salad dressing with fresh herbs and apple cider vinegar. We use raw, organic apple cider vinegar. It has become a definite staple in our home!

I bought some Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar, mixed it with water, about 60/40 and used it as toner for my face. Well you know what happened? My face became bright red and stayed like that for over an hour. Why???? Nothing has ever done that to my face before. Perhaps it's too strong for my skin but I would characterize my skin as sensitive.

What is going on here?

Wow! FANTASTIC thread! I just got on the herbal/altnerative medicine bandwagon about a year and a half ago, and I'm always reading up on different things. I don't know how I missed ACV. My newsletter today took me to the milia post (I have three or four of these, and was interested to read about the treatment). When I read someone used ACV, I decided to search the boards and came across this post. Excellent! I went right out and bought a bottle and will try it as a toner tonight (definitely only 50/50 since I have UBER-sensitive skin).

I've also been "lifestyle eating" for the past nine months (I don't call it dieting because I can't stick to diets!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I just changed the way I eat and how I cook) and I've, to date, lost 35 lbs; however, I haven't lost anything since October. VERY frustrating. I admit, my walking routine has suffered because of winter, so that probably didn't help, but I'm hoping the ACV might be the kickstart I need to get back to losing. I want to lose another 25 lbs. or so to get to my goal weight. Slow is fine with me. It's been slow getting off this first 35, but slow is good!

So I'm off to shower, cleanse, tone with my NEW ACV solution (50/50 ACV and distilled water). Will report back. Problem areas I'm hoping to see improvement in:

1) Three or four milia spots.

2) Enlarged, clogged pores (due to very oily skin)

We'll see what other benefits come about...

Thank you for this thread!!

Rene'

I'm not sure what cure you're looking for but if you want to loose weight I would go with green tea which taste better
icon_wink.gif

I have heard of using ACV as a toner but you can't use too much. You should start off mixing it with water and witchhazel. The witchhazel will calm your skin and sooth the redness you might get from the acidic ACV.
icon_smile.gif

I've never tried it...

BUT I do know that getting your body to it's proper PH is very important!

It is VERY hard for disease and other things to grow in your body if it's in it's right PH level!

Originally Posted by Maychi I've been using the ACV as toner for two days now and OMG my skin is improving with every minute! I'm so happy! I've been doing my happy dance all morning!
Thank you Naturally for posting this thread! :icon_love

Ditto... 2 days using this now and i cant get over how clear my skin looks. It looks so fresh compared to usual. Love it!
I HATE the smell though. Kim can you add anything to it?

i would give it a try...

but i am a bit confused now..

Do you rinse your face or just go ahead to put on the moisturize after the ACV?

and Should I get an organic one instead of natural??

Oh also, after mixing it with water, how long can it be last? becoz I am thinking to mix it in a 8 oz bottle...so I dun have to mix it everyday

thx in advance

i wonder if it is okey to put acv as a toner and virgin coconut oil as a moisturizer? any feedbacks? thanks

Wow this is very interesting...i didn't know it could do so much. i think i heard something like this but they used regular vinegar for weight loss. probably thats why i didn't pay attention. thanks for clearing that up for me..i'm definitely going to try it

ACV PH balances the skin and hair. When I had a perm 1 time my PH got way off my hair was falling out. A great friend I knew owned a Beauty Supply house said use ACV only mixed with water as a rinse than rinse out after leaving on 2 or 3 minutes in the shower. (USE THIS AFTER YOU SHAMPOO and RINSE) Magic it did the trick. (KEEP EYES CLOSED) I now try to remember to use ACV rinse at least 1 or 2 times a month it helps get all the built up of shampoos and creme rinse out of hair and hair feels smooth and shiny and hair loves being PH'ed. You do not smell anything after doing this as you use creme rinse after or just rinse well if your hair needs no conditioner. Your hair will love you for it!

As for the diet and drinking ACV it makes me have to much acid. Does anyone know how to stop that?

I have this list with 100 of uses for ACV and they do work.

How do you Mix ACV for a toner? Half Water and Half ACV? That sounds like a great idea.

By the way I am new *Hi* WAVING

Sunny

Virgin Coconut oil is terrific for your skin. Many people use it but it is a bit to oily for me.

I do not know if any of you know this. But eating or drinking afew tablespoons of Virgin Coconut oil a day, will make you lose weight it speeds up the T3 in your own Thyroid and helps you to lose weight. Make sure you get a good Brand of Virgin Coconut oil though.

I know I am on the Thyroid group and many people have lost weight doing this, it works, if you can eat the coconut oil. I have a hard time doing it at times but if you mix the coconut oil with a bit of peanut butter or in cottage cheese that helps. Cooking with it is great too! Some people make smoothies to drink.

Sunny

Welcome to MakeupTalk Sunny
smile.gif

You can use ACV as a toner by dilute it 50/50 with water.

Thank you Leony! That was a swift reply.
icon_biggrin.gif
I appreciate you so much for telling me. I am going to try that mix as a toner. I like the natural things they all do seem to work.

Latest posts

Back