Apple Cider Vinegar

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by kaori Wow this is amazing.,...realy working for my skin,..
icon_cheesygrin.gif
.how much i can get this suprise my skin better to use Apple Vinegar
claps.gif

I sit and mixed apple vinegar 50:50 with water,..and get my cotton bowl,..

and you now,..,my skin more be better,..soothing,..and i felling fresh,..wow,..

amazing,..i don't believe this,...

maybe i am not buy toner from any product in high price

i think i fallin in love with Apple Vinegar,...

is good to save my budget for toner to buy another product,..

MY Vinegar toner pricey

YUHUUU
claps.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I love you Kim,..kisskisskiss

best warm regards

Kaori

i'm glad to hear it's working for you :icon_love i'm definately going to try it and see how it works!

thanks for the info guys, great post.

hi does normal acetic (spelling?) acid do the same or is it different i prefer the taste to ACV but if it doesn't work then not much point in taking it.
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by Laura Does it taste horrible Kim?? Might look for it at the supermarket tonight!
icon_eek.gif
Hi Laura! I know I am butting in but,Yes, I hate to say it but it DOES taste horrible! AND it STINKS! But I do use it with oil to make a nice vinegrette dressing! haha! But with all of the great things it does for your entire system inside and out I can overlook that! Like Kim says it definitely is an aquired taste so I would find ways to make it paletable. Maybe add more water at first and then increase or like she said add some Honey, that does help, kind of like Chinese sweet and sour! I wonder if eating it with some oilve oil and garlic on a vegie or a nice crusty baquette slice? Would that give you the same benefits? H-mm we'll have to see! Kim??? Any input?? I wonder if the white vinegar has any benefits? Good luck finding it! And hopefully we will both develop a taste!
icon_lol.gif
Chermarie

Originally Posted by Naturally Apple Cider Vinegar is one of the oldest, most powerful, healing home remedies imaginable. Just read our extensive Reader Feedback section further down on this page and you will see why!
If you can get over the taste of apple cider vinegar, you will find it one of the most important remedies in healing the body. Apple Cider Vinegar has a number of reported uses: complete relief of pollen, food and pet allergies. It also cures sinus infections. Additional cures: acne, high cholesterol, chronic fatigue, candida, acid reflux (!), sore throats, contact dermatitis, arthritis, gout and is a general energy tonic. Apple Cider Vinegar also breaks down fat and is widely used to lose weight. It has also been reported that a daily dose of apple cider vinegar in water has soaring blood pressure under control in two weeks!

As a wonderful side effect of drinking apple cider vinegar every day, we discovered that it brings a healthy, rosy glow to one's complexion! This is great news if you suffer from a pale countenance.

pH BALANCE:

It's suggested that Apple Cider Vinegar has such curative abilities because it causes one's pH levels to become more alkaline or, in the case of too much alkalinity, more acidic. Urinalysis studies done in the 1950s by D.C. Jarvis (author of Folk Medicine) showed that pH levels in the body become highly alkaline before and during an allergy attack (yes, contrary to what you would normally read on the subject). If you are going to try apple cider vinegar for allergies, or even to prevent sickness, we suggest you do some investigation of your own by buying a pH test kit at a local pharmacy, garden nursery, or even pool supply store. You can use these kits or pH strips to test your urine to see if you are more alkaline or acid during an allergy attack, virus or bacterial infection. Once you ascertain your pH levels, you can adjust adjust your dosage of Apple Cider Vinegar accordingly.

If you live in a highly polluted area like we do (Los Angeles) where allergies and sinus infections are rampant, your system may better balance itself with a small dose of apple cider vinegar each day. Ultimately, we suggest you experiment with a kit to find the pH balance your body functions optimally at. Want to know more about pH? Click here.

Ted, from Bangkok, Thailand tells us, "Apple Cider Vinegar in itself is alkaline because of its "ash" content, which means if the apple cider vinegar was burned, what is left over becomes ash. When you check for the pH of that ash and dissolve it with water, the content is alkaline. Whenever our body digests anything it undergoes oxidation, which is similar to burning and the end result is that you can determine whether the end product was alkaline or acid. Apple Cider Vinegar has anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and anti-viral properties, primarily coming from the malic acid and acetic acid portion of the vinegar. Apple cider vinegar acts as a buffer in the body because the acetic acid reacts with base or acid compounds to form an acetate, therefore rendering them chemically bioavailable for the body's utilization. Additionally Apple Cider Vinegar can reduce the toxicity of certain compounds by converting the toxin into an acetate compound which is less toxic. This is why they are ideal for insect bites and certain skin allergies. While Apple Cider vinegar in itself is considered alkaline, a chemically pure vinegar (acetic acid) is neither acid nor basic forming as it leaves no ash as the entire portion, when burned evaporates completely."

From what we have read repeatedly on the internet, scientists have measured ninety different substances in apple cider vinegar such as thirteen types of carbolic acids, four aldehydes, twenty ketones, eighteen types of alcohols, eight ethyl acetates etc. It also contains important minerals, trace elements and vitamins as well acetic acid, propionic acid, lactic acid, enzymes, amino acids as well as roughage in the form of potash and apple pectin.

Apple Cider Vinegar contains minerals and trace elements such as potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, chlorine, sodium, sulfur, copper, iron, silicon, fluorine. An alternative to drinking apple cider vinegar may be to take potassium supplements, as potassium is known to absorb excess fluids (ie, mucous) in the body. Drink lots of water if you take potassium supplements so you don't get dehydrated! Potassium, by the way, lowers high blood pressure.

Apple Cider Vinegar's vitamin content includes Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Provitamin beta-carotene, Vitamin P (bioflavonoids).

And ...here are some more .....

claps.gif
Great JOB!!! Kim, this vinegar info that you have on here is insane!! It is SO great! What I was wondering was WHERE did you find all this info for EVERYTHING from sore throats to chronic fatigue, headaches, sinusitis, balancing the body...OMG! I couldn't believe some of the things you could use it for! I would love to find a book that had all this information in it. Did you get it out of a book or do you know of a book that would have this in it. I know you listed one on here with folk medicine using ACV but I was wondering if that was the one you got all this from or did you have another source? I am going to print out what you have here to use as a guide as well. I still can't handle the taste of sraight vinegar
icon_eek.gif
, but I do eat it on salads and vegies (but it is usually vinegrette or a raspberry balsalmic!) and I left a post to see if you would still get some benefits if you mix it with some fresh garlic and olive oil and soak it up with a piece of a baguette. I LOVE that! Maybe some basil and a little piece of tomato, yummy! Ok, I have to stop, I am making myself hungry! But anyway I wonder do you have to drink it everytime? Probably, huh? I bet it absorbs into your body better with the water. Anyway, thank you so much for the post! If you have any info on any books or anything, please let me know! TIA! You are such a smarty-pants, you are! You amaze me! You are like one of those Trivial Pursuit games, you know all these facts about stuff that are really interesting and really great information AND are GOOD for you to know, but not that many people know about! Thank you for bringing us such great information and knowledge! I can't wait to try some out!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
talk to you soon, :icon_love Chermarie

Originally Posted by Naturally I'm not sure exactly ..I'd say NO ..because of the properties from the Apple (Pectin). You can definitely add honey (as I do) to make the flavor more palatable but I don't think regular vinegar works as well. As for getting the same properties/values eating it ..or using it as a vinegrette or dipping ..whatever ..no you won't have as good as because you'd have to EAT way too much to benefit! Remember it should only be 1 cup of water to 1 tablespoon of ACV, add honey to taste!
icon_biggrin.gif
Thanks for getting back to me on the eating thing. I guess I would probably have to eat a whole lot to get enough acv! I think you are right about the apple pectin. I didn't even think about that. That is probably what makes the health difference in it is the apple base. Apples have malic acid/magnesium maleate which is REALLY good for a whole lot of things. Like they say, an apple a day keeps the Dr. away! I do love honey so I will adding quite a bit to it in the beginning! Now, do you just drink that cup with the 1TBSP 1X day or more? I love the post of the girl who used it on her face, it was so cute! She said her skin was so soft after using it, I will be putting some in a bottle JUST for that! Now you use that straight right? Sorry to be a pain! I'll get the hang of it! Thank you for your help! a big hug with that thank you!:icon_love Chermarie

Wooow! i must get ACV today.. But do not know whtr available in Malaysia market or not. :icon_love

Thank you Kim for this great info...A Natural Girl after my own heart.. I gotta try it..mixed with the water and honey..I think that will be easiest.

And putting it on your face?? That actually sounds a little less painful than what I do....Which is put Pure Asorbic Acid (Vitamin C) powder mask on my face (see my post on greeneyedangel's thread re
tongue.gif
ores)...which is a little...ouch!

Good Stuff ACV!

Wow, the list of the benefits of taking ACV are endless!!!

Thanks so much for all that info Kim
icon_smile.gif

I have heard of ACV being beneficial for reflux, but wasnt aware that it was good for practically everything else! Im definitely going to try it out and see what happens.

Just one thing, and Im sorry if I missed the answer to this one?

Exactly how much of it are we supposed to drink? ie. an entire glass of it taken straight or do we dilute it ?

Thanks again Kim!!!
claps.gif

i cant find acv anywhere
icon_cry.gif
iv tried looking in most grocery stores and nothing, it would be with normal vinegars, right? is there anyone from the uk who knows where it is?

I just drink the acv with sparkle water, for me it taste better then with normal water. I actually don`t taste the avc when i drink it like this!
icon_smile.gif

Kim, I usually use a skin bleach at night followed by some exfolliant, glycolic, retinol etc. Would that be too mcuh to use the ACV before all that, maybe I should use it in the am???

thanks

Originally Posted by screeema so I should wash, acv, then all my other crap and moisturize??? That's what i've been doing.

Thanks Lisa, I am going to try it tonight!!

BTW, I think you have such a great personality and outlook,

you always make me laugh!!
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by screeema Thanks Lisa, I am going to try it tonight!!BTW, I think you have such a great personality and outlook,

you always make me laugh!!
icon_smile.gif

Thank you so much!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Let us know how you like the ACV. I am totally lovin' it and will never waste money on expensive toners anymore. This is the best stuff ever and freakin' cheap!

BTW, I love your new avie and profile pic with your daughter!

yes I will, I woirk in a salon in Beverly Hills and our estethician is great, and I do get 40 percent off, but it is still really expensive, so this will be a welcomed change!!

wow i am glad i read this thread, page by page every post!!! I have hear of the benefits for hair but not other stuff. I will try to use it as a toner. thanks Kim for this wonderful thread!
icon_confused.gif

After reading all the raving reviews, I went to get a bottlle of Bragg's ACV today. Can't wait to try it but before I do, can I just check where would ACV as a toner fall into my daily morning and night routine?

Morning Routine:

Cleansing Foam

Moisturizer

Sunscreen

Makeup Base

Foundation

Rest of cosmetics

Night Routine:

Cleansing Oil

Cleansing Foam

Vitamin C Serum

Moisturizer

TIA for your inputs!
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by Naturally Shouldn't be too much ..it would be used as a toner ...but use after everything (wash, tone, moisturize) ..so after your scrubbing/exfoliant ..but before moisture treatments (even if they have retinol/ga in them. That's what I do. Think of it this way ...Toner is prepping your skin so that your moisturizer will work better and that the ACV is a toner. Yeah that`s what i`ve read about toning. It will make your skin fresh and "breath" so in this way it prepares the skin for making the moisture better doing its work and so. So now i finally know why toning is for
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Back