Apple Cider Vinegar

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been using the ACV as toner for two days now and OMG my skin is improving with every minute! I'm so happy! I've been doing my happy dance all morning!

Thank you Naturally for posting this thread! :icon_love

Can I check.. Do we have to keep the toner in the refrigerator (I'm using Braggs - no preservatives) so that it won't turn bad?

Im so glad to see so many posts on this. I've read about apple cider vinegar before but it was never backed up by peoples own experiences with it! I started my routine with acv about 1 1/2 weeks ago. I have acne prone skin with lots of acne marks so i figured maybe this will at least help me fade the marks. I dilute it 50/50 with water and apply after washing my face with a cotton ball. Sometimes i go back over the more severe marks with a q-tip and straight acv. I hope to notice some improvement soon but i know it can take some time. I have been using aveeno clear complexion foaming cleanser to wash. I have also been drinking one 8 oz glass of water with 1 tbs of acv a day. im going to start drinking more though. i'll keep you updated on my experience with this!

Thanks Naturally for all of your advice; I'll be sure to try Apple Cider out.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

i've been using this for many months now, and my skin really improved...altho lately i've been having a few breakouts, maybe bcoz my period is coming, but i hope it'll soon go away. btw, i use this on my hair as well after shampoo and it keeps my hair shiny and bouncy. it lessened my dandruff as well. ...im using braggs.
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by dragueur btw, i use this on my hair as well after shampoo and it keeps my hair shiny and bouncy. it lessened my dandruff as well. ...im using braggs.
icon_wink.gif
What's the proportion of ACV to water for using it with your hair? Do you just use it as a final rinse or you use it after shampoo but before conditioner? TIA!

Hey I have quite a few blemishes scattered through out my face, but my skin is dry. From what I understand so far my dry skin won't get even drier as long as I moisturize after using ACV right? (Diluted of course)

Ive heard commercials for weight loss too. I haven't tried it, sounds really interesting.. but all those exfoliators are acidic, and so is vitamin C, and skin is naturally acidic. Alkalinity, I would think, would hurt skin a lot more. Something super acidic would hurt it, but vinegar wouldn't be that super strong. I do wonder about your teeth and drinking it though.. I know acids are bad for enamel..

Ah okay. ;p Yeah I know sodas are so acidic and baaaad for the teeth. I love them anyway, lol.
wink.gif

I sure am pleased I stumbled on this forum. Just reading this one message...Like others on this thread, I once used acv and now I'm wondering why I ever stopped. I will get back on it, thanks to this reminder.

Wow........after reading your post on ACV, I just went to the kitchen, got a bottle of spring water and put in 3 tablespoons of ACV, and just took a sip, and that was just so interesting. I have to make myself get used to it, since it is good for my health and body. So, I have to now finish the bottle.....here goes another sip
icon_eek.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
.........I did it though.
claps.gif

Hi! I signed on here awhile back but just now returned to really read the forums...this info is great! I had been concentrating on the unsweetend cranberry juice and water combo + Tonalin CLA supplements but I think I will try the ACV for a break (getting really tired of the cranberry water!) Thanks so much for the hard work compiling!!

I wanted to suggest to those worried about their tooth enamel...maybe use a straw and try to swallow at the back of the mouth? I know you get more air that way; but the benefits seem to outweigh the down side.

The asprin toner has worked well for me; but I may give my skin a break too and see if this works even better.
icon_biggrin.gif

I was reading this forum last night and found it very interesting. I bought some ACV today and was wondering what ratio of H2O and ACV to use for hair, face and drink. Any suggestions?

Hi, longtime lurker here. I just wanted to share something I read a while ago. There is apple cider vinegar which is made from fermented apple juice and then there is apple cider flavored distilled vinegar which is a mixture of apple cider flavoring and distilled vinegar. I have no idea what the difference is. I actually read this info in a Cook's Illustrated magazine. Of course the subject there was cooking so I would not know what a difference there is in drinking it or as a toner. I think they both have the 5% acidity but if it's the apple in the vinegar that you're looking for you might want to make sure you have the apple cider vinegar and not the flavored one. Sorry that's all the info I have. Hope it helps someone
icon_smile.gif

I think I've been using ACV too concentrated! I use it like a toner. The other day I had a couple of pimples on my chin so poured some on a cotton round and applied it to the area for 2 minutes then the pimples started to bleed & later that day it turned into scabs! They finally came off yesterday and it left the areas pink. So I guess I'm supposed delute it for now on.
icon_redface.gif

i purchased ACV at cold storage juz now.The brand is Mountain Maid frm Australia.izzit ok? It's written on the label that the ACV is free frm artificial colourings n preservatives and it's 100 % natural. There's also another brand called Braggs or sumthing..it's an organic ACV..i got confused so i decided to get the one without artificial stuffs..

Back