Are You New to Memebox?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you so much for letting me know. I've read a lot about Memebox online (unboxings and such mostly) because I didn't want to keep buying so many boxes so quickly without any sort of information, and they made it sound like VIP members CONSTANTLY get access to special discount codes and special pricing.
Certainly not discount codes.  A lot of us post the VIP links here and on our blogs and you get the 3 or 2 dollars off the box that way - even if you aren't a VIP member.

Those boxes are released within the same day to everyone else.  If you read the big memebox thread in the am, you will find the vip links or just subscribe to a blogger that you know will post those links.

Are you sub'd to their newsletter as well?

I hope that helps! 

Certainly not discount codes.  A lot of us post the VIP links here and on our blogs and you get the 3 or 2 dollars off the box that way - even if you aren't a VIP member.

Those boxes are released within the same day to everyone else.  If you read the big memebox thread in the am, you will find the vip links or just subscribe to a blogger that you know will post those links.

Are you sub'd to their newsletter as well?

I hope that helps! 
I have a few blogs saved so that I can use those links that offer the extra points and the $5 off $100, plus I use the codes on Memebox, and I'm signed up for their alerts. I read a lot of blog posts that mentioned different things for VIP's, so I was just under the impression that VIP members got regular bonuses/discounts that other members did not. Thank you so much for your help! Buying so many boxes adds up quickly so I figured I better take advantage of as many discounts as I could! 

Is there any way to change your shipping address for boxes already purchased that have not shipped yet? I'm guessing not, but I'll be moving in a month, and as of now all of my boxes are being shipped to my parents house. Will I just have to come get them after I move?

Is there any way to change your shipping address for boxes already purchased that have not shipped yet? I'm guessing not, but I'll be moving in a month, and as of now all of my boxes are being shipped to my parents house. Will I just have to come get them after I move?
Just email them. I just switched a few of mine to my work address because I know I'll be out of town when they're delivered! Just make sure you put 'Address Change' or something in the subject. They're usually super slow responding to my emails, but they responded to that one right away! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

either email them or a week or so before the box ships you get a confirmation pre shipping email so you can alert them of change of address then, you can change it on your account too.

either email them or a week or so before the box ships you get a confirmation pre shipping email so you can alert them of change of address then, you can change it on your account too.
This is the part I couldn't find. I'll keep looking when I actually know my new address. Thank you!

I had to have them change my zip code on an order that was given the default zip from their site somehow. They never got back to me (that seems to be a problem) but changed it.

This Memebox thing is going to do me in. So far I have been good. I have only ordered the three pack of scent boxes: floral, sweets and tropical, and Lucky Box #9. I cannot tell you how many others I want though, and mine do not even ship until late August. I promised myself that I could not order anymore until I had at least received the ones already ordered.

This Memebox thing is going to do me in. So far I have been good. I have only ordered the three pack of scent boxes: floral, sweets and tropical, and Lucky Box #9. I cannot tell you how many others I want though, and mine do not even ship until late August. I promised myself that I could not order anymore until I had at least received the ones already ordered.
I said that too - l was not strong enough ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

When I put in my address for Newburyport, MA (with my zip code), the system changed it to Newburyport, CA (with that zip code). They're still ignoring me about the boxes already shipped, but when I emailed them directly and put "Urgent! Wrong Address!" on the title, they responded to me within 24 hours, whereas other emails took 5-15 days to respond to (some of which were in fact urgent), so you may want to try that. It was the only way I was able to get a speedy response in regards to address concerns. 

I don't know where to ask this ( One reason I do not visit this part of MuT often LOL.

Does anyone have a good tutorial on how to apply the vivid lip tints well?
I need step by step video without a rushed, experienced person dotting it here and there. I need to learn how. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I've got a big box of them now from my Memeboxes and they are " the last frontier" to conquer. 

Thanks in advance!! 

Ok guys - I've canceled a few of my other subs and now I'm thinking of taking the dive into the Memebox world!  But...I'm completely overwhelemed!  I don't know where to start...I've never dabbled in Korean cosmetics, so this will literally be my first experience, but judging by some of the boxes and reviews this sub looks right up my alley.  I'm hoping some of you lovely ladies can guide me in the right direction for my first purchase.  I'm a total sucker for adorable packaging (TonyMoly! What what?!)...and that's pretty much the only guidance I can give.  I have more interest in make up than skincare, but I'm open to both.  Any suggestions for a first timer?

Ok guys - I've canceled a few of my other subs and now I'm thinking of taking the dive into the Memebox world!  But...I'm completely overwhelemed!  I don't know where to start...I've never dabbled in Korean cosmetics, so this will literally be my first experience, but judging by some of the boxes and reviews this sub looks right up my alley.  I'm hoping some of you lovely ladies can guide me in the right direction for my first purchase.  I'm a total sucker for adorable packaging (TonyMoly! What what?!)...and that's pretty much the only guidance I can give.  I have more interest in make up than skincare, but I'm open to both.  Any suggestions for a first timer?
One important distinction to keep in mind is that when Memebox says 'cosmetics' it doesn't mean make up - usually it refers to skin care. If you look in the ready to ship section, you can find out what's in the boxes (sometimes it's listed in the description and sometimes you have to look up blog spoilers), with the added bonus of cheap express shipping so you're not waiting a month or two to receive your box. Check out Girls Night Out and Burst of Color 2 to see if you're interested - I think those two are more make up heavy.

I'm new to Memebox and Korean skincare and makeup as well, I started really getting into Korean cosmetics in the past year, and I just ordered my first box on Memebox in mid July, and now suddenly I'm waiting on more than a dozen boxes.

As BexDev already mentioned, from my (admittedly limited at the time) experience, all of my boxes so far have been mostly skincare, except for the occasion balm/treatment. I'd also suggest checking boxes that are ready to ship and focusing on the boxes that are makeup themed, in all honesty the other boxes rarely seem to feature cosmetics, except for the occasional item. I tend to only want the skincare products, and I've already had great luck trading with other members of this site to get rid of the makeup items I don't want and get my hands on some of the skincare products I missed out on. So you may want to try that with the boxes you do buy. It definitely increases the value of your boxes (and helps to justify buying more boxes!)

If you're really looking for Korean cosmetics I'd suggest trying sites like KoreaDepart, HonestSkin, RoseRoseShop and TesterKorea, I've placed large orders with all of them and they have really great prices and always have amazing specials/sales. HonestSkin frequently has month long 30% off everything sales, and certain brands will have things up to 50% off (and their regular prices are already some of the lowest). And RoseRoseShop does great sale prices and already has the lowest prices on a lot of things. And TesterKorea is currently finishing up a special where you get 30% back into your account if you use Paypal as a first time customer. Memebox's regular shop has some of the highest prices for their items, and I would only suggest buying boxes through them (which are a great deal).

If you're really into the Tony Moly Brand and you're not familiar with them yet, you should definitely check out Etude House. I'm not big on cosmetics and I can't tell you how many adorable things of theirs I've ended up forcing myself to delete from my cart since I knew I'd never use it, and really adorable packaging for skincare things as well. Peripera and Too Cool for School also have unique packaging and seem to have great reputations for their cosmetics. 

I got started a couple months ago, and my first box I ordered (and received) was a Luckybox. It came with pretty much a whole skincare regimen, and a bunch of neat items so I could learn about all the crazy stuff (I'm a total idiot with skincare/makeup).

Just look at all the boxes and if something appeals to you, go for it! That's what I'm doing, and I've loved all my boxes so far--and have like, 9 more coming! XD

I got started a couple months ago, and my first box I ordered (and received) was a Luckybox. It came with pretty much a whole skincare regimen, and a bunch of neat items so I could learn about all the crazy stuff (I'm a total idiot with skincare/makeup).

Just look at all the boxes and if something appeals to you, go for it! That's what I'm doing, and I've loved all my boxes so far--and have like, 9 more coming! XD
Ever since I started using Memebox in mid July, I constantly see boxes that don't appeal much to me, then I see an unboxing online and kick myself for missing out on some amazing products. I so desperately wish that more (or better yet, all!) boxes were still available after the unboxings.

Ever since I started using Memebox in mid July, I constantly see boxes that don't appeal much to me, then I see an unboxing online and kick myself for missing out on some amazing products. I so desperately wish that more (or better yet, all!) boxes were still available after the unboxings.
Sometimes you have to take a leap of faith! I've done that with a few, and I haven't been disappointed yet. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Cooling Care is still available (I bought it after seeing the unboxings), and I loved that one SO MUCH I want to find the face cleanser to buy more!

Oh shoot, I guess Cooling Care finally sold out, doh! The Luckyboxes and Global numbered are good bets though. And everyone loved Whole Grain, so I bet WG2 will be good!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes you have to take a leap of faith! I've done that with a few, and I haven't been disappointed yet. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Cooling Care is still available (I bought it after seeing the unboxings), and I loved that one SO MUCH I want to find the face cleanser to buy more!

Oh shoot, I guess Cooling Care finally sold out, doh! The Luckyboxes and Global numbered are good bets though. And everyone loved Whole Grain, so I bet WG2 will be good!
A LOT of boxes I immediately decide I simply *must* have them, I meant moreso in regards to the boxes where I'm on the fence about them, or I simply have no idea how the theme will end up playing out. I still would buy a lot of boxes without hesitating, but a lot of boxes I'd love to see at least some products before deciding if it's worth the money.

I already bought the cooling care, I actually had almost purchased the cooling face cream (I forget the name of it, ice something I believe) on another site and it was still in my cart. When I saw that as the featured item I immediately bought the box, considering I almost paid $12 (plus a couple more for S/H) I was BEYOND thrilled with that box. It's just hard because they release SO MANY boxes it seems like, and obviously I can't buy them all. 

I also purchased the global set package and the lucky boxes, everyone keeps telling me they're the best bets on Memebox, so i'll probably stick to buying those and just trying to be a wee bit more fussy when it comes to other boxes.

As I say this, I'm about to buy that yogurt box.

Memebox is quite the addiction, isn't it?

Back