Are You New to Memebox?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you so much! I dont even know where to start. :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> What would be the number one product you would recommend?
Oh, goodness. I would have no idea where to even start! 

A few of the things I recommend to everyone would have to include the Korean sheet masks, my favorite brands (I've tried a lot) are Etude House, The Saem, Innisfree and The Face Shop. They're also a fairly budget friendly luxury, the same brands sell in stores and online in the US for $2-$5 but they tend to be in the $1 range (most sites that I mentioned only sell most of their masks in packs of 3 of 5 but will have a limited selection of individual masks for similar prices). Some have variety packs which are amazing. When HonestSkin does their up to 50% sale on Etude House items they have the entire Etude House A-Z line of masks for something like $14, and other sites have variety mask sets which are great. 

I'm OBSESSED with all things Skinfood. It's a brand that focuses on using natural ingredients so lots of foods are used for their nutrients. Everyone will swear by their yogurt masks, I've tried the Papaya, Kiwi and the Banana and love them all. They're so gentle and really moisturizing. Their black sugar scrub (plain and strawberry) are also really popular for a reason, they're really gentle and can be applied as a mask or used as a gentle scrub.

The peeling gels are also a really popular product that's unique to Asia. They avoid using harsh exfoliating skincare, so it's a gel that you massage into your skin that basically forms little balls and collects dirt, leftover makeup and dead skin. Exfoliating products tend to irritate my skin, and I know a lot of people have the same problem, and they're so gentle. I like using the ones that feature acidic fruits (especially pineapple) because they tend to be the most natural. 

Sorry, I never know where to start when people ask me about Korean products! If you're looking for a specific type of product, feel free to let me know what you're looking for.

Hello everyone!

New to Memebox this month. I have been dying to take the plunge and went for it, now I have a wishlist of 5...

I wanted to ask a question about the Memebox bundles as there is a bundle of three I want. As the price is actually the same (but with less shipping cost) do they send it all as one parcel, as opposed to separate parcels (as I assume is normal with the separate $7 shipping costs on each box)

The reason I ask is with customs in the UK the bundle box will likely come over the chargeable amount, so it would be a lot cheaper for me to pay $7 on each box than to risk getting customs (the handling fee alone is about $20, before any charges, so theres my $7 x 3 nearly!)

Thank you for any hep!

Hello everyone!

New to Memebox this month. I have been dying to take the plunge and went for it, now I have a wishlist of 5...

I wanted to ask a question about the Memebox bundles as there is a bundle of three I want. As the price is actually the same (but with less shipping cost) do they send it all as one parcel, as opposed to separate parcels (as I assume is normal with the separate $7 shipping costs on each box)

The reason I ask is with customs in the UK the bundle box will likely come over the chargeable amount, so it would be a lot cheaper for me to pay $7 on each box than to risk getting customs (the handling fee alone is about $20, before any charges, so theres my $7 x 3 nearly!)

Thank you for any hep!
Yes, they send it together in one parcel, usually by DHL. They give the value as $15.99 on the value declaration so there's rarely any trouble with that in my country but I don't know what the things are like in the UK.

Yes, they send it together in one parcel, usually by DHL. They give the value as $15.99 on the value declaration so there's rarely any trouble with that in my country but I don't know what the things are like in the UK.
Oh thats actually great, and do they declare it as gift (I'm sure I saw somewhere that they do...)! I think we can go up to £15 for goods (so roughly $25) and £30 for gifts (so about $45) 

Oh thats actually great, and do they declare it as gift (I'm sure I saw somewhere that they do...)! I think we can go up to £15 for goods (so roughly $25) and £30 for gifts (so about $45) 
I don't think so, at least I haven't noticed it on my parcels. But they put the value of $15.99 on the whole parcel, no matter how many boxes there are inside so you should be safe.

However, it happened to some of the girls in Poland that customs stopped their boxes and asked them to provide payment confirmation and then obviously the value on the bill may be higher.

On the other hand, I've never heard any UK ladies report any customs issues so I suppose you shouldn't worry. But I hope somebody from the UK will confirm that for you.

Hello everyone!

Thank you for any hep!
hi there I'm in the uk, don't worry about customs it won't do nowt it sails through heathrow, I've had 4 bundle boxes arrive this week with 2 or 3 boxes inside ,I've never got customs charges 127 + memeboxes ordered and counting, give me a shout if you need help.bundles all arrive in a brown memebox 1 big box,you only charge 1 shipping fee so its cheaper and better to use a value box bundle then add a $5 off code on top ,

edited to add thy are all classed as gifts looking at the pink bags its $15 and the boxes are $15.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks so much!

I went ahead and ordered the Princess x 3 bundle, and then the honey and yoghurt boxes separately, I also ahve the Coffee Break With Dani box which should be here a lot quicker. Good to know I won't get dinged with customs (fingers crossed!)

Now just to wait I guess! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

xx

Thanks so much!

I went ahead and ordered the Princess x 3 bundle, and then the honey and yoghurt boxes separately, I also ahve the Coffee Break With Dani box which should be here a lot quicker. Good to know I won't get dinged with customs (fingers crossed!)

Now just to wait I guess! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

xx
Welcome :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

hi guys, I'm new to memebox and ordered a few boxes this month, I'm based in the UK and was wondering what's the tiemframe for deliveries to here since getting a despatch email? Thanks

hi guys, I'm new to memebox and ordered a few boxes this month, I'm based in the UK and was wondering what's the tiemframe for deliveries to here since getting a despatch email? Thanks
it takes us 5-5 days roughly not including bank holidays in the uk ,if by ems, if by dhl 24 hours roughly ,what boxes are you looking at , all my tracking is up and i have all my boxes since friday tracking details in uk or on flights at present for this weeks 

it takes us 5-5 days roughly not including bank holidays in the uk ,if by ems, if by dhl 24 hours roughly ,what boxes are you looking at , all my tracking is up and i have all my boxes since friday tracking details in uk or on flights at present for this weeks 
Thanks

I've had a despatch email for luckybox 9 on 20 Aug by EMS but it doesn't seem to move at all on the tracking...

Thanks

I've had a despatch email for luckybox 9 on 20 Aug by EMS but it doesn't seem to move at all on the tracking...
if tracking says incheon it means its left korea it will next update at heathrow customs inward then outward then to parcel force or royal fail.

use this site with your tracking number then underneath where it says royal mail it will pop up at heathrow then be delivered the next day usually, see screen shot

IMG_7121.jpg

Granted, I am in the US, but I ordered a ready to ship box with standard shipping on August 8th--Collagen. I still haven't gotten it. But it did make it to New York yesterday, so I'm hopeful I'll have it by the end of the week.

if tracking says incheon it means its left korea it will next update at heathrow customs inward then outward then to parcel force or royal fail.

use this site with your tracking number then underneath where it says royal mail it will pop up at heathrow then be delivered the next day usually, see screen shot
Thanks for that. my last status shows as Incheon so will look out for heathrow scan now- hopefully won't have to wait too long for my first box;)

Thanks for that. my last status shows as Incheon so will look out for heathrow scan now- hopefully won't have to wait too long for my first box;)
My Collagen box (not the first I ordered, but the first to ship because it was a ready to ship box) is supposedly out for delivery. Eek! I also did a shop order for a combo of a heating pore pack, cooling pore pack, and a bonus hair treatment. It should be here by Saturday at the latest, I think. So excited! Though I admit I don't think I'll do another shop order of just one item like that. Shipping was too high. I'll wait until I save up stuff to buy together. I am also hoping that going forward I can buy more box value packs. That collagen box shipped on August 8th, so almost 20 days travel time. I want that free upgrade to express shipping!!!

Got my first box--Superbox #33 Collagen. Have a completely broken item--Ramosu Carestory Collagen Extract 100 10 ml. Because this was a ready to ship box, I got it in about 3 weeks, so I was able to file a Paypal dispute and I just did so. Hoping they will make it right, but I am nervous. I don't want points. I want the item replaced, or, I want the similar item they sell in the shop, Extract 200 for which they charge $30. Luckily, I filmed me physically opening the box for Youtube so I do have proof that it arrived broken. Unluckily, it appears to have run too long (just over 20 minutes) so it isn't wanting to upload to Youtube. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Not happy!

Just saw the global 14 spoiler, why didn't i get it! I might just star getting them now! It looks too good to not buy them.. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

@@seachange, if I ever receive my memeshop eye cream, I'll let you know and how it goes! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The brand is SKINAZ. 

@@Heather Hicks Do you have a way to edit your video? All you really need for the purpose of proof is a clip, rather than the entire review.
Honestly, I am not sure if I have a program to edit it or not, and even if I do, I don't know how to edit yet. I will say that I got the video to upload on Youtube so I sent them the link through Paypal. Luckily, the broken item comes up within the first 2-3 minutes, I think, so they wouldn't need to watch it all if they didn't want to.

Hey gals, quick question about tracking. I live in Ontario Canada and have been trying to track my Daily Dose of Beauty box but Canada Post just shows that it's left Korea and is on its way. It's been a week and a have and thats all I know. How long will it take for it for something new to show up and how long does it usually take for your memeboxes to arrive?

Back