Beauteque Beauty Bag: New Korean Cosmetics Subscription *May Contain Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They have said they will try to take a payment another 9 times I've told them if they do and I have my card cancelled another 9 times due to you trying to take a payment from cancelled accounts I will take it further . My email to them will be long just received it . And lying and asking who told you it was our company makes you look even more unprofessional when the bank fraud squad call 2 mins after you tried to take the money .fuming is not the word . I've had 4 different amounts tried to be taken . You are only admitting to trying to redo a 6 mth sub. Of which over a month ago I emailed and put cancelled on my account took screen shots yet yesterday it said active on my account when in the morning it' did not . I have copies of my emails . Beaiteque don't .

Hey Ladies!

I know it's been forever and a day since I posted here (I've literally had a packed schedule and juggling 3 jobs, learning a new language and planning on going back to school etc etc etc) but I just wanted to jump in since something was posted in my instagram and I felt the need to say something.

Many of us, myself included, have been customers of Beauteque since they started. Some of us bloggers have personally worked with them as well. I can confidently say that they are not purposefully or maliciously causing the issue here- which was implied by a comment on my instagram post today.

I haven't read through all the details of the situation, and while I think what is going on is awful (it's happened to me years ago and it's a nightmare) I think we need to realize that some of the biggest companies in the entire world have had security breaches and customer information stolen. It's a risk we all take when we make purchases with cards, especially online.

You're welcome to discuss whatever you want, wherever you want, but I would appreciate it if people didn't come onto my instagram and start spreading fear and negative statements about Beauteque. If you'd like to talk about it on your own blog or elsewhere, go for it, but I would appreciate it if you'd keep it there and not on my instagram.

I think it's wrong to bash small companies when something like this happens and post it everywhere you possibly can. It seriously hurts businesses, and when you don't know the entirety of the situation it's probably not the best idea to start yelling about it from the rooftops before it has had a chance to resolve or we actually know all the details.

Beauteque's customer service needs some serious, serious help. But most of us know they are a small company that employs many interns that most likely have no idea how to respond or what to do in a serious situation like this. This does not excuse anything about the situation, but I HIGHLY doubt that Beauteque wants to make this situation any worse than it has to be- I can only hope they take the high road and work through this issue as professionally as possible.

I hope there is a solution, I feel terrible for the person that this affected, but so far it seems like it has only affected one person, thank goodness.

Long story short, I'm simply asking nicely to refrain from using my instagram as a way to make a mountain out of a molehill before the situation has even had a chance to be resolved.

Thanks

And aside from that, I hope all of you ladies are doing well! I miss you guys! <3

@@MissJexie sorry you feel that people should not be informed of what this company has been doing to one of their customers and that it should be swept under the carpet. Unlike yourself, I am however VERY aware of what has happened here as I've been in personal contact with the Lorna about it. I realise they are a small company which rely on blogger endorsement but I'd never want to be associated with a company that continually seem to lie to their customers and even presented with the evidence try to maintain it had nothing to do with them. If they have interns then these people so pass any concerns directly to the CEO / managing director to deal with immediately. That's what GOOD businesses would do - not apportion blame on the individual customer when they attempt to take a large amount of money from from their account. It was Lorna's bank that contacted her as they were so concerned by the amount (my bank would do exactly the same and immediately cancel the card). Instead of trying to work WITH lorna to get to the bottom of this and resolve quickly, they have ignored her (and @@theori3 emails). For THAT reason I wanted to warn others to take care with this company. I will not post on any of your beauteque photos again and hope you are never affected by this shitty little company.

And before the request for me to be banned from the site are submitted, I'll save you the bother and won't be posting any time soon. If Lorna wants to provide an update of her involvement then that will be up to her. I just hate to see companies treating customers like mushrooms or worse and while you may well have had excellent relations with this company, other people have had the complete opposite.

I don't know the details of this situation. I've just read what has been posted and I wanted to comment here. I haven't checked IG or any other posts outside of MUT. We encourage both good and bad reviews about companies here on MUT and appreciate our members giving a heads up to others if there is a problem with a service or a company. I think it's good that this has been brought to others attention, here on the boards, as to what has happened to Lorna and others. We encourage conversation here and don't expect people to sugar coat things and only post about good things about companies. For the same reasons, we don't censor and delete bad reviews about various companies, even though we get requests all the time. I think people deserve to know if someone has had a bad experience with a company and they want to post about it. It doesn't necessarily mean that others will have that experience as well but it's good for others to know about it.  Our members can make their own decisions based on what they read and if they wish to continue doing business with a company regardless, that's up to them. Nobody is being banned here for discussing this matter. We don't ban people for bad reviews or negative talk about a company or service. We encourage open talk, both good and bad. Hopefully this gets sorted out for the parties involved ASAP. Don't wish that kind of thing to happen to anyone. Anyhow I just wanted to chime in to say thanks for both good and bad being discussed here. Thanks ladies on both sides of the isle.

I didnt get the impression from miss jexie that we couldnt take about here. My understanding was that she didn't want her personal IG account used for that purposem. I can understand that because I have had both my blog anf IG account used in that manner. I did not read any rude responses so I do not know why anyone would be banned

I don't believe there was any security breach with Beauteque's system. They auto-renewed my 3-month subscription in March despite me canceling it, so I notified them, had the account "canceled" again, and received a refund. Apparently it still was not actually canceled, so the subscription auto-renewed again this month. I think that may be the same thing that happened to Lorna, but something went wacky with the charges and they were attempted again and again. I have no idea how many times they tried my card since the account is completely closed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I may have rambled quite a bit, it was very early the AM and I tend to do that...however my point was simply that you're more than welcome to voice your opinion on anything you want, I just ask that it stay off of my personal instagram as I'm not interested in being a part of making a bigger deal out of something than it actually is. I definitely didn't say anything about MuT, nor do I think anyone brought up being banned...idk where that is even coming from, but okay...

So far we have had ONE person be affected by this. So to spend your days copy and pasting negative comments about a company and their fraudulent behavior due to one incident is just strange to me.

I just feel confused as to why you continuously comment and talk about this company when you seem to despise them so much. I don't think I've ever put that much energy or effort into something I hated before. 

I also never said that customers shouldn't be aware of a security breach or an issue with the payment system...however as I've mentioned, there has only been one person here saying they had an issue with this particular situation. That's like one person dying from an illness and calling it an epidemic and freaking everyone out.

IDK...maybe I've been out of the subscription box/beauty "inner circle" too long now but the reaction to all of this seems very dramatic for someone who wasn't even affected by it personally.

But anyway,

@biancardi I have been learning Korean for the past 2 months and it's much more difficult than I could ever anticipate, but it's so much fun and such a beautiful language! I felt like I needed to learn hangul so I could read all those Korean labels on my beauty products! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> But more importantly, I've been gearing up to move to Korea in a year so I can teach English. I've been super busy but it's been a blast!

I may have rambled quite a bit, it was very early the AM and I tend to do that...however my point was simply that you're more than welcome to voice your opinion on anything you want, I just ask that it stay off of my personal instagram as I'm not interested in being a part of making a bigger deal out of something than it actually is. I definitely didn't say anything about MuT, nor do I think anyone brought up being banned...idk where that is even coming from, but okay...

So far we have had ONE person be affected by this. So to spend your days copy and pasting negative comments about a company and their fraudulent behavior due to one incident is just strange to me.

I just feel confused as to why you continuously comment and talk about this company when you seem to despise them so much. I don't think I've ever put that much energy or effort into something I hated before. 

I also never said that customers shouldn't be aware of a security breach or an issue with the payment system...however as I've mentioned, there has only been one person here saying they had an issue with this particular situation. That's like one person dying from an illness and calling it an epidemic and freaking everyone out.

IDK...maybe I've been out of the subscription box/beauty "inner circle" too long now but the reaction to all of this seems very dramatic for someone who wasn't even affected by it personally.

But anyway,

@biancardi I have been learning Korean for the past 2 months and it's much more difficult than I could ever anticipate, but it's so much fun and such a beautiful language! I felt like I needed to learn hangul so I could read all those Korean labels on my beauty products! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> But more importantly, I've been gearing up to move to Korea in a year so I can teach English. I've been super busy but it's been a blast!
Two people, actually, they just weren't able to actually charge me at all because I had to close my credit card account a couple of weeks ago.

The email reply they sent me was pretty terrible, basically saying that they charged me in March with no troubles and I've never emailed to cancel, which is a whole lot of BS, as I had to send multiple cancellation emails and had the charge in March refunded. I get that they're a small company, but I also work for a small company that's only been around for a few years, and that's not an excuse to provide such crappy customer service. They need to hire an actual professional to handle billing, canceling, etc., rather than high school students or college interns.

@@theori3 You are SO right!! They have got to stop with the interns and free/cheap labor and hire people with some experience in customer service. I think that is their number one biggest problem. They're using high school kids who haven't got a clue about how to treat someone respectfully.

As a side note, their June bag was pretty great!

I really liked the June bag and just made my selection for July.

Here is a spoiler for July per the selection email

beauteque spoiler july.jpg

@@Reija aren't the fruit products GREAT? I mean, they smell so wonderful and I know that the strawberry mask works fantastic (as I already own it)

I also am in love with the peach cream :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yes I love the fruity scents. I'm looking forward to using them! I meant to use the strawberry mask last night but ran out of time. It's in my plans to use tonight.

I must be the only one who thought the pretty pastel cotton balls were real cotton candy. LOL :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm new to K Beauty and was so confused looking at the plastic cup and seeing the Tony Moly Cotton and thinking "wow...I know they make beauty products but they also make food?"  :wub:

I must be the only one who thought the pretty pastel cotton balls were real cotton candy. LOL :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm new to K Beauty and was so confused looking at the plastic cup and seeing the Tony Moly Cotton and thinking "wow...I know they make beauty products but they also make food?"  :wub:

I wish they would include some Korean sweets in their boxes!! haha

I tried the strawberry mask last night and all is can say is wow. The mask smelled so good. I loved the texture and the little spoon to scoop it out with. This is unlike any other clay type mask I've tried. After my skin felt and looked so good. So much more even toned and my pores looked so much better. Our 5 year-old saw the cotton cup on my desk and was like "mom, I didn't know you got cotton candy". He had to touch it to make sure it wasn't cotton candy. He wouldn't believe me when I said it's just little cotton balls because of the way to cup and the cotton looked inside.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

Last edited by a moderator:
baviphat (or as I like to call them baby phat) makes some amazing products!   I have tried quite a few - I love  the mango steam cream.

I want to try more of their products now. Thanks for the info @@biancardi! I can't wait to use the peach mini peeling gel also. Since I didn't have the strawberry mask before, this product alone made this month's bag worth it to me. I just can't get over how much better the Korean brands perform from the western products for way less money. I've used so many high-end brands over the years and I've never been this impressed with any of the products than I have with the Korean ones I've used and tried for fraction of the cost. No wonder Western brands are trying to figure out how they can be included in this Korean skin care popularity.

Latest posts

Back