Beauteque Beauty Bag: New Korean Cosmetics Subscription *May Contain Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a new best of the best bag that includes products from February, March and April bags. http://www.beauteque.com/best-of-the-bb-bags-1/

There is also a coupon for 10% off with code [SIZE=11.5pt]BBBestE[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.5pt] beauteque best of the best bag.jpg[/SIZE]

I actually bought the petit art perfume just because I like Lana Del Rey. It does smell like green tea. 

The date for my bag that I got to curate with Beauteque is supposed to go on sale this monday (the 20th).  I hope that is the firm date, but you know beauteque!!  It will be a citrus bag and as soon as I have more details about the exact time for the launch, I will let you know!

I am NOT MAKING ANY MONEY off this bag.  This was just something that I won in a contest, after submitting my idea for a bag, my blog contents and readers's voting (which the latter I felt was kinda strange)

August Spoilers for Beauteque's Bag

august.spoiler.gif

Hair Masks

"Chamomile", enriched with Chamomile extract, Rosemary extract and other nutritive ingredients, is an intensive, rich treatment for frizzy, damaged and unruly hair. With its creamy texture and delicate scent, the mask penetrates deep into the hair to nourish and repair frizzy and curly hair. It will help to maintain the healthy appearance of your hair and reveal its full beauty.

"Honey" It provides the energy and radiance necessary to restore the beauty of hair weakened by coloring, bleaching and permanent wave products. Enriched with Honey, Sweet Almond, Olive Oil, Shea Butter and Vitamin E, Vital Radiance Hair Mask delivers deep nourishment to the hair shaft and works to smooth the hair scales in order to fix color and enhance curl spring.

"Jojoba"   It’s a rich and creamy treatment designed to hydrate and revitalize dry hair. Jojoba Oil, Peppermint, Olive Fruit Oil, and other botanical ingredients are chosen for their and remarkable compatibility with the hair’s natural characteristics. Known for its regenerative, emollient properties, Jojoba Oil moisturizes, leading the way to nourished, healthy hair. With continued use of Purederm mask, your hair becomes revitalized, shiny, and more manageable.

I think I will get the jojoba treatment and the natural beige in the concealer...

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my long and lengthy review

I am so excited to bring you my first ever (and probably only!! haha I don’t have that many readers so other big companies just ignore me!!)  curated collection in collaboration with Beauteque!   I came in second in the Curate-A-Collection contest from Beauteque earlier this year.    I have tried all of the products personally and I can recommend them.  This was a collaboration, so you might be asking “couldn’t she have added this product or this one in here?”  Well, I could, but there is no guarantee that I would be able to get it!   I had a ton of items that I suggested and recommended, and these were the ones that made the final cut.  A collaboration doesn’t mean I get everything I want!   However, I can say that all of the products in here were picked by me and not by Beauteque, so I did get the final say in that.  I also, through some help from my friends, picked the name of this collection ~ The Fresh Citrus Fix :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Why did I pick Citrus?  Because of my own personal needs and experiences with citrus fruit extracts and Vitamin C.    I have hyper-pigmentation issues, from the years that I spent outside when I was younger and I didn’t wear a lot of sunscreen.  Why didn’t I wear a lot of sunscreen?  Well, I would apply it ~ once.  In the morning.  Then ignore reapplying it.  Plus, I only wore it on the days that I knew I would be outside a lot, not everyday, as sunscreens had a bad habit of clogging up my pores, making me break out and not helping with my oily skin.   Citrus helps me brighten and even out my skin tone without causing blemishes and bringing balance to the moisture-oil content in my skin, controlling my sebum production.

Informational Card

^^^^ NOT my handwriting ^^^^  My handwriting is illegible!  ahaha

Tony Moly I’m Real Lemon Brightening Facial Sheet Mask    Tonymoly is a brand that K-Beauty fans will recognize and this facial sheet mask, soaked in lemon skin-brightening essence, will even out your skin tone while rejuvenating and hydrating your face! Plus it has a lovely lemony scent as well.  Some of the ingredients in this mask include:

• Glycerin ~ An humectant that attracts water to hydrate the skin.
  • Panthenol (Vitamin B5) ~ This is an excellent hydrating ingredient for your skin
  • Allantoin ~ This skin protecting ingredient helps calm and soothe irritation
  • Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract ~  Lemon is a natural source of Vitamin C and the antioxidants bioflavonoids.  It helps protect your skin against UV damage and is also an anti-inflammatory.
  • Acerola ~ Acerola is a tropical cherry and contains powerful antioxidants as well as skin lightening properties.
  • Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice Root Extract) ~  Soothes and calms the skin, while acting as an anti-inflammatory and also reduces hyper-pigmentation.
  • Anise ~ Star Anise contains anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and also anti-fungal properties
Full Size 1 sheet mask Value $1.99  I do think that Beauteque underestimated the value of this sheet mask, as Memebox sells it for $3.00 and Sephora sells it for $3.75!! 

Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, PEG/PPG-17/6 Copolymer, Glycereth-26, Panthenol, Bis-Ethoxydiglycol Succinate, Allantoin, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Chlorphenesin, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Tromethamine, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Extract, 1,2-Hexanediol, Propanediol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Malpighia Emarginata (Acerola)  Fruit Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Illicium Verum (Anise) Fruit Extract, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance  cosDNA.com analysis

Hanaka Macaron Facial Mask ~ Vitamin C   How cute is this lemony-yellow macaron!  Hanaka is a Taiwanese company and they make a whole series of these macaron facial masks.  This is a vitamin C, skin brightening and anti-aging wash off face mask, good for one use.  This is a clear gel-texture mask and moisturizes, brightens and softens your skin.  I   love to use wash off masks during my Sunday Spa  Night.  Just open up the macaron and apply the gel to your face in an even manner.  Rinse off with warm water after 15 to 20 minutes.   I purchased the whole set of these macarons and they are a lot of fun!   Unboxing Beauty Tip:  For a more refreshing and cooling experience, place your Hanaka Macaron in the frig for about an hour before using.   I also like to save these little macaron containers,  as they are very handy to put my smaller earrings in (studs, small hoops) when I take my earrings off at night.   Value $3.90

• Vitamin C  (Ascorbic Acid) ~ this is an antioxidant vitamin that is essential for tissue growth, repair and collagen production.  It is one of the best anti-aging ingredients, as it does combat free radicals.  
  • Tranexamic Acid ~  A synthetic amino acid derived from lysine, this ingredient is one of the more powerful topical ingredients to reduce hyper-pigmentation.  It is also extra gentle, non-irritant, reduces melanin (dark spots), an anti-inflammatory and is safe for all skin types.

Ingredients:  water, carbopol, ascorbic acid, tranexamic acid, Barbados cherry extract,  glycryrrhizic acid, hyaluronic acid, cranberry extract, phenoxyethanol, fragrance  cosDNA.com analysis

Mizon Refresh Time Grapefruit Body Wash  Talk about smelling great! Mizon is internationally renowned for great products and this refreshing body wash in a pink grapefruit scent also contains Vitamin C, cleansing your body and invigorating your senses!  I use body washes, go through them quickly and this is a very nice size ~ very big and this product really smells just like fresh grapefruit.   I always have a hard time finding this particular body wash online and it is very heavy to ship from Korea, so I am pleased that I could offer this to you in my collection.

Grapefruit is full of Vitamin C and this is also a very moisturizing body wash.  This gel contains extracts of lemon, orange, rice bran, green tea, pomegranate, aloe vera, honey and also has hyaluronic acid, olive oil, jojoba oil.   The lemon, orange and rice bran extracts are reported to make the skin brighter;  hyalounic acid, honey extract, olive oil and jojoba oil will moisture your skin.   Aloe Vera will soften your skin, and the green tea and pomegranate extracts will exfoliate dead skin cells and refine your skin texture.  Full Size 200 mL Value $19.00

More Information

Ingredients: water, glycerin, cocomidopropyl betaine, lauric acid, potassium hydroxide, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, miristic acid, citric acid, grapefruit extract, benzophenone-5, sodium hyaluronate, beta-glucan, butylene glycol, lemon extract, orange extract, green tea extract, pomegranate extract, rice bran extract, olive oil, jojoba seed oil, honey extract, aloe vera leaf juice extract, disodium EDTA, phenoxyethanol, CI 15985, fragrance  cosDNA.com analysis

Lemon extract comprises vitamins, sugars, citric acid and ascorbic acid promotes energy metabolism in the skin to stimulate the synthesis of collagen. Tightens pores, stimulates the immune system of the skin. Has a refreshing effect on the skin.

Pomegranate extract  stimulates the formation of aquaporins (water channels active transport – play a crucial role in maintaining the optimal amount of moisture in the skin) has anti-inflammatory activity, accelerates the regeneration, tissue healing; has antioxidant potential, reduces transepidermal moisture loss skin, restoring its barrier properties. 

Tangerine extract is rich in beta-carotene, vitamin C and citric acid. Restores the protective function of the skin and also helps compensate for a deficiency of vitamins and in addition increases the reducing properties of the cells on dry skin areas. Has a tonic effect, preventing sagging skin.

Nature Republic Lemon Foot Peeling Mask  I am so pleased to have this foot peeling mask in my collection for you! I’ve written a review on them before and they are, for me, the best foot peeling masks out there. I have tough feet and Nature Republic’s Lemon Foot Peeling masks work wonders on my feet.

What are foot peeling masks, some of you might be asking?  Well, these are masks that you leave on your feet for 90 minutes to 2 hours ~ prepare to relax and not move around too much ~ and what will happen in 4-10 days, depending on how tough your feet are, the hard, callused dead skin on the bottom of your feet will peel off, revealing the baby smooth skin beneath it.  My feet are tough customers, so it usually takes about 8 – 9 days before I see any peeling action and it doesn’t come off in one big sheet.   However, with Nature Republic’s Lemon masks, my dead skin does come off and very nicely too!   It was very difficult to find these masks online in the USA ~ I’ve always ordered them in the past from Korean online shops ~ but now, Beauteque carries them!  

This is great news for me, as I don’t have to wait 3-4 weeks for my foot peeling masks to arrive.  I think once I requested this for my bag, they started to stock them in their store :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   One pair   Value $5.00

Ingredients: alcohol, water, propylene glycol, lactic acid, isopropyl alcohol, urea, glycolic acid, betaine, anthemis nobilis flower extract, citrus limon (lemon) fruit extract, carica papaya (papaya) fruit extract, pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract, citrus dulcis (orange) fruit extract, triclosan, salicylic acid, menthol, PEG-60 hydrogenated castor oil, disodium EDTA, sea water, fragrance cosDNA.com analysis

How I use them ~ first, I soak and scrub my feet for about 5 minutes to prep them.  I then put on the booties after cutting them open.  Word of warning here ~ these are the most temperamental foot peeling booties I have used.  They split open in areas they shouldn’t and they are hard to keep on my feet.  If they didn’t work so darn well, I wouldn’t bother, but because they are magic for my feet, I just put on some thick cotton socks over them and that keeps the booties in place.   Your feet will feel weird, as these booties are crinkly plastic, with a cotton liner inside with all of the peeling essence.   Just sit down and read a book, knit, play games, watch TV, text your friends, whatever ~ and don’t move around to much.

After the allotted time has passed ~ I usually keep them on for 2 hours, hobble over to the bathroom and take off your booties in the tub or shower.  Then rinse your feet well!!  Get all of that essence off your feet.  I then add a moisturizing foot cream and put on a new pair of cotton socks.  I do this treatment at night, so I don’t have to deal with going outside afterwards.

Every day, I scrub my feet with a foot scrubber in the shower and then put on a moisturizer, like I normally do.   This will also speed up the peeling processes.  At some point, within 4 – 10 days, you will notice the skin on your feet beginning to peel.  Disgusting, but that is what you wanted, right?  Just peel it away gently ~ do not force it.  If it doesn’t want to come off, just soak your feet, scrub them and wait another day ~ it will come off, but takes time.  I also noticed with Nature Republic’s Lemon Foot Peeling mask that my calluses will get really, really soft after a shower and I can actually take my fingernail and scrape the skin off, but I just grab a good foot scrubber and use that to really remove that softened dead skin.

Urban Dollkiss/Baviphat Lemon Whitening Sleeping Pack   Your skin needs to heal and repair itself overnight and what better way to do so with this Kawaii sleeping pack from Baviphat, which I like to call Baby Phat.   Baviphat is not as well known as other brands, but it is a top notch brand and I love their products.   It looks like they have added Urban Dollkiss to their name and also put this cute Lemon sleeping pack in a sleek silver box.  This sleeping pack will help brighten your skin tone and hydrate and nourish your skin while you sleep.  This contains  100 mg of lemon fruit extract.

This is potent stuff, so only use 2-3 times weekly and alternate with another sleeping pack.    This is a lighter weight sleeping pack, you can see that it is almost runny, but not quite, gel.  I feel that this sleeping pack is best suited for those with oily and normal to oily skin types, as drier skin types may not find this moisturizing enough for their needs.   This gel has a very subtle sugar-lemon scent, very pleasant, and it is perfect for the warmer months, as it is not heavy and it is not sticky.   It absorbs fairly quickly, within several minutes, so there is no sticky feeling on your pillow!    I found that my face looks brightened, refreshed and soft in the mornings when I use this.  Full Size 100 mL Value $20.99

To use a sleeping pack, you would follow your normal skin care routine ~ cleanse, toner, serum and/or ampoule, essence and/or moisturizer ~ and then apply the sleeping pack.  After applying the sleeping pack, you can add any spot treatments.  A sleeping pack will lock in all of the previous skin care items into your skin and acts like a protective barrier, while also imparting its own skin care benefits.

Other Key Ingredients:

• Glycerin  ~ This ingredient moisturizes and hydrates the skin, leaving your face feeling smooth and soft.
  • Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) ~  This is a powerful antioxidant that acts as an anti-inflammatory, improves your skin elasticity, enhance the skin barrier function and also it helps to even out skin tone and reduce post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation.  
  • Betaine ~ superior for its intense moisturization and hydration properties, without the stickiness, and also reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, while attracting moisture (humectancy) and relieving skin irritation.  
  • Allantoin ~ Known for healing, soothing and softening skin, it also helps remove cracked and chapped skin, leaving behind healthy looking skin.
  • Arginine ~ This is an amino acid that promotes healing and detoxes your skin.   It also helps guard against the formation of wrinkles and loss of skin firmness.
IngredientsWater, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Isohexadecane,Polysorbate 80, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Niacinamide, Betaine, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, Allantoin, Carbomer, Arginine, Fragrance,  Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract,  Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract (100 mg), Portulaca Oleracea extract, Centella Asiatica extract, Yellow 5 (CI 19140) cosDNA.com analysis

This collection contains items for day to night, from your face to your feet!  I hope you will enjoy it and you can purchase The Fresh Citrus Fix Collection at Beauteque.com for $28.00 plus shipping/handling.  Beauteque does ship internationally to Canada, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Japan and Singapore.  I would like to thank Beauteque for giving me the opportunity to curate a collection and it was an experience!   Caitlin at Beauteque was very helpful and patient with all of my demands and needs.  I wanted to add so much more in this bag, but then the price would have been really expensive.  Maybe Beauteque will take some of my other product suggestions and do a “Fresh Citrus Fix” sequel :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you to everyone who purchased my collection!  I believe beauteque started out with about 100 of them and there is less than 7 bags left!! 

Latest posts

Back