Beauty Army April 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Schmootc /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just skipped this month, which is only my third month with them. Nothing I saw in there that I really wanted or hadn't seen before, so we'll see what they come up with next month. I got the cheek tint last month and really love it, so hopefully they'll come up with at least one other winner like that.

And am I the only one who suddenly can't pick more than like six category items at the end of the profile quiz?
I have found that I have way more luck getting better boxes if I wait a couple months or so between boxes. I got my first in October, and there was enough stuff that I wanted since I had just joined that I got another in November. But then I didn't get another box until March, when enough new stuff had been added and I could get stuff that I really want instead of a couple things I want and a bunch of "fillers." 

I skipped April.  I couldn't justify spending $12 for one product I wanted, especially when the full-sized one is only $2 more.  Hopefully, someone will put Special Forces on their trade list.  I adore Medal of Honor and would love to try Special Forces too, since they look similar.  Unfortunately, it seems like I will have collected the entire Camo Collection once I receive Special Forces.  
bowl2.gif

Maybe the good people over at BA need to check this thread out! It's a bummer when so many people are skipping months because there isn't enough stuff they want. AND, the whole point is to get what you want, not to get a couple boxes in row and then have to skip because all that's left is the stuff you DON'T want. BOO. It would be cool if they not only released new samples more often, but if they figured out a way to let us decline a sample of something we would never want, that way it wouldn't show up anymore. That would be amazing....

Or why not just show us all the samples that are available instead of having to tweak our profiles and refresh like crazy? When I refresh only one or two items change anyway. It can be frustrating to sit through all the samples I don't want to get the few that I do want and makes me just want to skip.

Originally Posted by puppyluv /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Or why not just show us all the samples that are available instead of having to tweak our profiles and refresh like crazy? When I refresh only one or two items change anyway. It can be frustrating to sit through all the samples I don't want to get the few that I do want and makes me just want to skip.
I agree.  I would love an all hair or all exfoliator box, but even if that's the only box I check I still cant get multiple items from that category.  Sometimes I can get 2 things, but I know they have 3-4 of them in their inventory.

Originally Posted by puppyluv /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Or this, yeah. I don't really see the profile really making a difference as to what shows up anyway, for the most part. They just need to do something that ensures that we get a box of products that we want each month, which is what the whole point of BA anyway, right? This would make sense, as they could just remove samples as they sell out, or list them as out of stock until they restock them. Either way, it would be nice to not have to skip a few months in a row in order to get a box of things I actually want. 

Bah, I've been posting in the March thread still. I'm silly. Yeah, I can't get all the things I am interested in to show up no matter how many time I refresh. Very frustrating! I really want to try the red mark lip gloss (got honey last month) and the dry shampoo. 

so dissapointed. 

so i got my March box yesterday ( my window is the 25th so it always runs into the next month) and found that they broke my dry shampoo on purpose to fix the issue of it fitting in the box. i couldnt even get it to properly fit back onto the top because when i did it just squirted everywhere and dry shampoo got everywhere. it was pretty much botched. i wrote to them stating that the product was ruined just to fit inside the box and all i got was an extra sample for my next month box...

sigh. i dont even know what to say because i love this company and this is my first issue with them.

i decided to facebook message the dry shampoo company and also tweet them to let them know what happened.

here are some pictures! and just a warning to any of you ladies who got the dry shampoo. they didnt ship mine in an additional box and instead broke a product and crammed it into the small beauty army box. and mine wasnt as worse as some of my other friends - two of my friends on youtube had their shampoo empty OUT into the box and ruin the rest of the products in their box and they got back the same reply from Beauty Army that I did - an additional product for their next box.

you can see here where the green spray part inside was chipped off - making it not work at all

0.0 when I got mine last month, I also had the not your mothers hairspray and they just took the reg. lid off the dry shampoo, stuck it in there diagonally, and put the not your mothers in another box, IT WAS A BOX INSIDE A BOX INSIDE A BOX boxeption!!!!!!!

i mean by no means am i saying dont try and get it - cause i really wanted to try it as well. but just be known that there is a possibility of it not working with the way they have been packing it 
icon_sad.gif

they packaged mine right, and I got it at the beginning of March, I think....

Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

they packaged mine right, and I got it at the beginning of March, I think....
well at least you were lucky - not so much me and a lot of other unhappy people. i just think they should of boxed the hairspray in the box inception like it is and not of taken the lid off and had it have a chance of damaging boxes and being broken. 

Originally Posted by MaiteS /img/forum/go_quote.gif

well at least you were lucky - not so much me and a lot of other unhappy people. i just think they should of boxed the hairspray in the box inception like it is and not of taken the lid off and had it have a chance of damaging boxes and being broken. 
lol. yeah, I know, when they first sent out the dry shampoo, thats what they did, took the lid off and placed it diagonally, I'm not sure who the idiot was that decided breaking it would be a fantabulous idea...

Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

lol. yeah, I know, when they first sent out the dry shampoo, thats what they did, took the lid off and placed it diagonally, I'm not sure who the idiot was that decided breaking it would be a fantabulous idea...
LOL exactly. sigh oh well. its not something thats going to make me rage too much but it is upsetting since its my first mishap with them. 

I decided to try out some items even though I didn't get exactly what I wanted:

I couldn't get the other shade of the lip gloss to show up, but I did really want to try the dry shampoo and the texturizing paste. Hopefully they don't break the dry shampoo trying to get it to fix in the box...

I haven't had a box since November. I just picked: -NY dry shampoo -Mark brown mascara -GCB polisher -whip hand special forces -whip hand medal of honor -teen tone cheek and lip tint -amlactin lotion I had a 7th sample from a previous mess up. This is one of my best boxes.

Originally Posted by CookiesGirl327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't had a box since November. I just picked:

-NY dry shampoo

-Mark brown mascara

-GCB polisher

-whip hand special forces

-whip hand medal of honor

-teen tone cheek and lip tint

-amlactin lotion

I had a 7th sample from a previous mess up. This is one of my best boxes.
How did you get 2 Whip Hand Cosmetics pigment samples to show up?!

Back