Beauty Army April 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just got my box - my mystery sample was awful. 

it was the hook up piece for the mark products... the little brown connector thing.

sigh. 

Originally Posted by MaiteS /img/forum/go_quote.gif

just got my box - my mystery sample was awful. 

it was the hook up piece for the mark products... the little brown connector thing.

sigh. 
Wait... JUST the piece and not a lip gloss or mascara with it? You should have received one or the other and not just the connector. Email them ASAP.

just got my box - my mystery sample was awful.  it was the hook up piece for the mark products... the little brown connector thing. sigh. 
Oh no, that's horrible! I really hope it was a mistake since they sent the connector together with a product as a sample choice. If they meant to send the mascara or gloss, that's a nice mystery sample. But yeah, major bummer to open your box and see that :-(. Definitely email them for sure and let us know what they say!

Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh no, that's horrible! I really hope it was a mistake since they sent the connector together with a product as a sample choice. If they meant to send the mascara or gloss, that's a nice mystery sample. But yeah, major bummer to open your box and see that :-(. Definitely email them for sure and let us know what they say!

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wait... JUST the piece and not a lip gloss or mascara with it? You should have received one or the other and not just the connector. Email them ASAP.
yeah just the piece. it was wrapped separate from the other items and had a mystery sample sticker on it which makes me think it was not a mistake. i actually have the gloss and mascara too but i guess ill email them. 

yeah just the piece. it was wrapped separate from the other items and had a mystery sample sticker on it which makes me think it was not a mistake. i actually have the gloss and mascara too but i guess ill email them. 
Since I picked the mascara this time around, I'm hoping I don't get the connector as my "mystery sample". My box is out for delivery so we'll see what's in there when I get home. This is something really worth complaining about and possibly even cancelling as well.

i emailed them and they replied:

I'm so sorry for that! It seems that a piece must have been left out. When you're ordering your next Kit, just send me an email, and we can add any seventh sample of your choice, to make up for this month.     im hoping that it was true that a piece was left out and not because i complained that they are doing this LOL. i honestly feel that was the sample and called it a day - not trying to be a glass half empty person today but it seems so, haha. 

I'm so sorry for that! It seems that a piece must have been left out. When you're ordering your next Kit, just send me an email, and we can add any seventh sample of your choice, to make up for this month.     im hoping that it was true that a piece was left out and not because i complained that they are doing this LOL. i honestly feel that was the sample and called it a day - not trying to be a glass half empty person today but it seems so, haha. 
I would have rather have the send me the sixth item for this month because given that they have been offering pretty much the same samples lately, what if next month I don't like 6 samples from their selection?

But then that means you actually have to order another kit! Time for them to get some new stock! 

Yeah that is lame that you have to pay another $12 to get the rest of this months box.  I dont know how they could consider that a sample, plus if you already picked the Mark products before, do you already have the connector?  I guess that means the people in the warehouse thought there wasnt much to choose from either LOL

Originally Posted by BlackMagicRose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

But then that means you actually have to order another kit! Time for them to get some new stock! 

Originally Posted by ydlr20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would have rather have the send me the sixth item for this month because given that they have been offering pretty much the same samples lately, what if next month I don't like 6 samples from their selection?
i know. its sad cause i have a annual with them - i feel the last two boxes i did have been "just because" you know. they actually owe me 2 samples since the month before i had a botched dry shampoo item. but this box i didnt bother them with another sample. they need to get some all around new stock in their samples and not leftovers from 4 months ago. 

My mystery sample was the lash cards which I had picked last month. Was not too happy about that. I have a feeling next month will be a skip unless they totally change up their inventory.

Back