Best and worse skincare line/products

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Um I generally dont have any problems with any skin products...

but i dislike clearisil blackhead removal cleansing cream... or beads... it dries ur skin out!!!

I like the body shop seaweed gentle facial cleanser... its soo gentle on the skin!

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish /img/forum/go_quote.gif Since I'm not faithful to any line, I'll just list the best products that work for me.
icon_biggrin.gif

Cleanser:

DHC cleansers really rock! I use the Deep Cleansing Oil in the morning and also in the evening as a makeup remover. At night, I follow up with The Wonder Cloth and DHC Mild Soap. This method leaves my skin and pores super clean.

Toner:

Again, DHC is my favorite. DHC Mild Lotion is very soothing and gentle. It re-establishes my pH and lightly conditions and softens my skin. It's a bit pricey but worth it.

Serum:

La Mer Lifting Face Serum & Intensifier - I don't know if this is the "best" out there, but over two weeks ago I added this to my routine and I'm finding my skin looks healthier, less ruddy and in better condition. It faded some of the pigmentation on my upper lip area and evened out my skin tone. If my husband can see a difference, then I love it! FYI...It's UNGODLY expensive!!

Daytime Moisturizer:

Olay Complete for Sensitive Skin- This is a bargain and works very well at moisturizing and offering decent sun protection.

Nighttime Moisturizer:

Awake Skin Renovation - This is a very gentle, gel creme that does a great job comforting my skin and keeping it moist all night long.

Eye Cream (Day/Night):

Awake Skin Renovation Eye - I finally found an eye cream that's super rich, firming and won't make my eyes puffy! It's very expensive, but a little goes a long way.

Treatment/Facial:

Philosophy Microdelivery Peel - My favorite face scrub ever!! This is a vitamin C treatment/deep exfoliation system that I do 1x per week. My skin is left with a refined texture and increased radiance.

Neck Cream:

Daytime: Eucerin Extra Protective Moisture Lotion SPF 30

Night Time: DHC Olive Virgin Oil

Can you tell me where to get DHC products please, or a website address? Thanks

I have dry cheeks, and a somewhat oily nose. Some larger pores on the nose. I usually break out around you-know-what time, a lonely bump here and there. When one calms down, another one appears.. Y'all know the cycle, I'm sure.

Anyways, nuff about me. Here are my picks -

Some of the best :

Elizabeth Arden 8-hour lip protectant - I have lips that get chapped and peel easily, which means I've tried pretty much anything and everything that is made for lips. This is the easiest to tote, and a fantastic this-single-tube-is-your-lipstick-lipbalm-lipgloss-SPF15! (Okay, you see how much I like it ;] )

Bliss ink pink blushing balm - I think they've discontinued this, but it is THE most amazing product. It looks smashing on my cheeks, and I love it on my lips as a tint too! Looks insanely natural, and doesn't make the mess Benetint does. Much easier to carry, too.

Cle de peau and La Prairie foundations are totally worth the money, IMO. I asked my mom for a side by side with Estee Lauder's after watching her put on the La Prairie, and it was immediately evident which one costs 4 times more.

Neutrogena deep clean face wash (leaves my face super smooth - doesn't really deep clean though. It does make my nose incredibly smooth to the touch, but you can still see stuff left in the pores.)

So when I ran out, I bought the bar - yeah, the $2 one from Walmart! The cheapest beauty item I've ever bought. I've been using it for a week now, and it seems to work really well on my skin. My skin is acne-free! I gotta warn you though, maybe it's because it's fragrance free, but it totally smells like dog food. Makes me wince everytime I wash my face, and hold my breath till I'm done!

Philosophy products - PURITY made simple! MICRODELIVERY peel! Can't rave enough about those two.

Bloom Aromatherapy Lip Balm - Guaranteed soft lips in the morning! Smells lovely too.

Shiseido SPF 55 sunblock lotion - Can't live without.

Darphin fibrogene complex, vitaserum, predermine etc. - Really calms and tones skin. Gotta love it.

Not bad, but not too impressed :

Philosophy hope in a jar, when hope is not enough eye cream. hope in a bottle was okay.

Guerlain Meteorite collection - not the best products per se, but they just smell divine, don't you think?
smile.gif

Some of the worst :

Anything Clinique. I can't believe I used it throughout high school. No wonder my skin was a mess. Except maybe their moisture surge, which isn't half bad (but that's just what it does - a temporary boost).

Whew. I'll write more later!
smile.gif

both my toner and day moisturizer are Clinique... the 3 step line has given them a bad rep but their Mild Clarifying Lotion (used as toner) and the new Superdefense spf25 moisturizer have improved my skin a lot.

Peter Thomas Roth is an excellent brand as well. Their glycolic 10% hydrating gel has faded much of my old acne scars and has kept me zit free for 2 months now.

I have been using Clinique previously, however I was recommended Decléor cleansing milk just recently and it is sooo nice. Much milder than the Clinique soap and doesn't leave my skin as dry - yet my forehead doesn't get as shiny as it used to.

The Best:

NEUTROGENA NEUTROGENA NEUTROGENA!

The Worst:

Biore Oil-Control Cleanser (Control my oil it did not! LOL)

worst: Biore

Best: the Body Shop Tea Tree Oil line.. great for my oily skin

come to think of it neutrogena worked really well for my pimples but i didn't like the build up it left on my face

No recommendations ... but thanks for saving me from a Clinique disaster everyone!!

If you dont mind me asking what is actually wrong with cliniques scincare range? i havent used any of it however i had been thinking of giving it a go! lol let me know thanks nic

i love avene products
smile.gif
esp the moisturizers, they never break me out and i have really acne prone skin..

What did you like about the Joan Rivers (results) eye cream? I really need an eye cream that's very moisturing. Thanks!

Best would be Alpha Hydrox glycolic lotions, they really work and soooo cheap and I love love bare minerals foundations and blushes, and Urban Decay makeup. As for department store brands, there is good and bad in all of them, but I am so over spending alot of money on things that I can find just as good replacements for at a reasonable price. (I am sorry, but no lipstick is worth $25, that kind of price is downright insulting).....worst would have to be Dove skin care and the majority of Avon cosmetics. (though I love Avon Glazewear lip color)

My worst has to be the Clinique 3 step skincare program, I tried it several times and it actually made my skin much worse
frown.gif
Best has to be Liz Earle - nice gentle products which are not too expensive. I love their moisturiser!

My WORST ever facial products are the dermalogica's full range of products.

I had occasional zits before using them. Heard they were good for pimple prone skin.

After using them (took their facial sessions too) with professional dermalogica's beautician advisors... my skin is currently at its WORST !

Pimples are multiplying exponentially. Pus filled. Stupidly kept using them since I was advised by the beautician to have FAITH in their products.

Apparantly, not all famous brands.. are really that good like what people say. Just my two cents.

Thes Best For Me Is Alpha Derma Ce And Emu Oil, That Is What I'm Using Now And Love The Results So Far.

The Worst For Me As To Be Alouette Line, It Does Nothing For My Skin.

BEST: Estee Lauder oil control hydrator, Day wear plus spf15

WORST: Clinique Superdefense, Clarins products

Best:

Obagi Nu Derm - Clear and Exfoderm

Belle Saison Emu Oil (the only kind that doesn't smell), Copper Peptide/DMAE serum.

Meaningful Beauty, cleanser & #2 night time lotion.

DHC, cleansing oil

Philosophy micro delivery peel & hope in a tube eye cream.

My skin hasn't looked this good in years. Of course the Mineral MU has helped too.

Worst:

Murad....the kit in the infomercial. I used one of his alpha serums years back and it was great so I thought I'd get the kit. Killed my skin .

Aveeno Positively Radient - boke out.

SKII all made me break out

Worst products for me Philosophy (w/ the exception of Purity) their products cause me to break out and are too heavily scented for my tastes.

Garden of Wisdom has the absolute best products, all natural based and made by the owner fresh, and reasonably priced. Skin care has never been so good. IMO

Back