Birchbox April 2015 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't believe the upgrades sold out already. I had to leave to pick up the kids and go to the store. By the time I got back both options were sold out. I guess I'll have to decide faster next time.

I don't understand the appeal of these add ons. They aren't offered at that much of a discount and you could always combine a 20% off code + your points to get them for so much less. 

Tote - $28 for $35 value (20%)

Tumbler and notepads -  $20 for $25 value (20%)

Unless they are limited quantity, it doesn't make sense. I bet they might sell out initially but I doubt they are really limited. 

Also that tumbler looks like one of those plasticy ones you put your own paper in, something you could probably DIY for $5. The notepads are pretty but how practical? What do people write in little notebooks? If they were blank greeting cards I could see the use. 
I think that some people just like to add on an item to their box even if it's just a few dollars of a discount. For example, I normally never get a BB Plus add-on item because I never have liked the products enough to spend the money. I did jump on the tote this month because it's exactly the kind of tote I was looking for to lug my laptop and lunch to work every day this Spring. I would have happily purchased it at $28 (not the "retail" value of $35) so I figured why not just toss it in with my box. I don't really think I'm getting a deal on it or anything, I just thought it was pretty.

Also- I use notepads ALL the time. I always have one in my purse. I actually bought the same set of notebooks just a few weeks ago from the Birchbox Shop, only in the floral pattern. I'm always jotting down notes or phone numbers, reminders, poetry, things to remember to do when I get home from work, grocery lists, you name it! I find little notebooks to be totally necessary for my life! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Whaaaat? PYS link is live already? :D

Birchbox x Rifle Paper Co. box:

PYS1.PNG

MadMen boxes:
PYS2.PNG

Box designs are way too cute this month =)

OMG link me please.  They didn't send it to me yet. 

Never mind, I found it! =)  Not letting me choose yet, though. 
:D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Even if it lets you choose later on wait until you receive the link or see that others (if you're Ace 1 day earlier with other Aces, if not the later with other non-Aces) start to receive their links, which you can monitor on the day over Birchbox Facebook timeline posts by users. In the past they did not honor the sample choices which are not made through the new link they sent for that month or through CS, so it's better to be safe ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

What are you picking?    

:D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Even if it lets you choose later on wait until you receive the link or see that others (if you're Ace 1 day earlier with other Aces, if not the later with other non-Aces) start to receive their links, which you can monitor on the day over Birchbox Facebook timeline posts by users. In the past they did not honor the sample choices which are not made through the new link they sent for that month or through CS, so it's better to be safe ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

What are you picking?    
Thank you =)

I'm getting the NY box.  I NEED that Cargo blush in my life.  

What are you getting? 

Just saw in the fine print that you can't get one of the guest editor boxes if you're getting the upgrade with 2 nail/makeup products.

Does the fine print mention anything about FPO/APO addresses?
Yes, here's all the info:

Unfortunately, April sample choice and the Mad Men guest editor boxes are not available for APO/FPO/DPO military shipping addresses. At this time, we are unable to honor guest editor box selections if you’ve upgraded your subscription with our two full-size makeup or luxury nail subscription add-on; however, you may participate in sample choice.

I'm not sure (probably has to do with the warehouse where the items are shipped from or something), but I'm pretty ticked off about it... it's aggravating to spend $20 extra for an upgrade only to find out that it actually limits your options.
Hopefully it doesn't effect the bb plus item I ordered.

I'm not sure (probably has to do with the warehouse where the items are shipped from or something), but I'm pretty ticked off about it... it's aggravating to spend $20 extra for an upgrade only to find out that it actually limits your options.
me too, I didn't know that by upgrading this would happen...I guess I need to pay attention to fine print more in the future. :angry:

You have to get it emailed to you, it won't work if you use one someone else sends you. I don't think it's actually live yet, but if you go through the link from previous months' pys emails, you should be able to see the page.
Oh right I knew that. I was just wondering where to find that page that was posted above! I like to look at all the sample choices in one place

All of the samples in the NY box looks so big, but I know that the BP oil sample is tiny, so if no resizing was done in the pictures those samples aren't going to be very big (I'm lookin at you Liz Earle eye bright)

Back