Birchbox April 2015 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy moly I need that tote.  I've never spent $28 on a simple tote before, but omfg... i NEED it. 

And I really want the NY box, but I want the pretty rifle box everyone else is going to get. 

What a conundrum. 

The tote is beautiful, but I think it actually says Rifle Paper Company (or at least what looks like that) on the bottom right there? $28 for a tote would be fine, imo, but I'm not wild about the writing. I think it spoils an otherwise exquisite tote.

But hey, just my two cents.

The Mad Men California box will be my pick for one account, because I haven't tried any of those products yet. And for the second account, I think I will leave it up to the Birchbox gods.

I think possibly the Pop beauty eyeshadow will be a disappointment. Lorelei didn't swatch the shadows well in the video, or it was edited awkwardly, so I'm not convinced the pigmentation is there. We shall see...

How big is the sample size of the Cargo blush?  Quarter sized?  A little bigger?  

I'm trying to make up my mind now on which April box to go with.  TIA =)

The tote is beautiful, but I think it actually says Rifle Paper Company (or at least what looks like that) on the bottom right there? $28 for a tote would be fine, imo, but I'm not wild about the writing. I think it spoils an otherwise exquisite tote.

But hey, just my two cents.
Lmao.  I actually literally JUST talked myself out of adding the tote on because of the writing.  I'm sure I can find a similar one that doesn't have a logo on it at Ross or Marshalls or World Market or something for a lot less.  It looks like it might even say Birchbox on it too.  

I only like logos on my bags that I spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars on, and even then it had better be small (like my Coach Preston satchel in Sea Mist - https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/10/a1/07/10a107eb59925218c4b8325ccf8ef010.jpg)

Question, since this was my first Birchbox Plus purchase, I was wondering when they tend to send the confirmation email out? Thanks.

How big is the sample size of the Cargo blush?  Quarter sized?  A little bigger?  

I'm trying to make up my mind now on which April box to go with.  TIA =)
The Cargo sample is quite big - I got it last month. I'd say maybe it's the size of an American half-dollar and 1/4" thick. It's also a great peach for spring. If I didn't get it in my March bag I'd be all over it this month! 

I don't understand the appeal of these add ons. They aren't offered at that much of a discount and you could always combine a 20% off code + your points to get them for so much less. 

Tote - $28 for $35 value (20%)

Tumbler and notepads -  $20 for $25 value (20%)

Unless they are limited quantity, it doesn't make sense. I bet they might sell out initially but I doubt they are really limited. 

Also that tumbler looks like one of those plasticy ones you put your own paper in, something you could probably DIY for $5. The notepads are pretty but how practical? What do people write in little notebooks? If they were blank greeting cards I could see the use. 

The Cargo sample is quite big - I got it last month. I'd say maybe it's the size of an American half-dollar and 1/4" thick. It's also a great peach for spring. If I didn't get it in my March bag I'd be all over it this month! 
Hell yes!  I'm a total blush addict right now, and I wanted this one in my March box so bad, but I never get the stuff I'm coveting from them.  They sent me two masks in February ffs.  I'm all over that NY box. 

Thanks, love! 

I don't understand the appeal of these add ons. They aren't offered at that much of a discount and you could always combine a 20% off code + your points to get them for so much less. 

Tote - $28 for $35 value (20%)

Tumbler and notepads -  $20 for $25 value (20%)

Unless they are limited quantity, it doesn't make sense. I bet they might sell out initially but I doubt they are really limited. 

Also that tumbler looks like one of those plasticy ones you put your own paper in, something you could probably DIY for $5. The notepads are pretty but how practical? What do people write in little notebooks? If they were blank greeting cards I could see the use. 
"Hey guys!  Here's something from a brand you've never heard of before.  It's worth $100, but we're only going to charge you $20 for it!  We PROMISE you it has that retail value, but there's no way of checking that because it's Birchbox exclusive!!!!"  

That's how I feel about every single add on of theirs ever.  

Hell yes!  I'm a total blush addict right now, and I wanted this one in my March box so bad, but I never get the stuff I'm coveting from them.  They sent me two masks in February ffs.  I'm all over that NY box. 

Thanks, love! 
It is a really nice shade and size. I actually got it, passed mine onto a friend because I had just picked up the Nars Orgasm/Laguna duo last month, and instantly regretted not keeping it at least for travel, tbh.

It is a really nice shade and size. I actually got it, passed mine onto a friend because I had just picked up the Nars Orgasm/Laguna duo last month, and instantly regretted not keeping it at least for travel, tbh.
I super need more friends who are into makeup so they can pass awesome along to me. 

That especially true with this month's plus items, imo. I also noticed that the Beauty Protector set is being offered in the "Spotlight on Haircare" add-on category for $23. In the regular Birchbox shop, it retails for $22.95.

Now, a nickel won't exactly break the bank (I hope), but how does RAISING the price AT ALL constitute an "exclusive discount?"

crazy pills.jpg

That especially true with this month's plus items, imo. I also noticed that the Beauty Protector set is being offered in the "Spotlight on Haircare" add-on category for $23. In the regular Birchbox shop, it retails for $22.95.

Now, a nickel won't exactly break the bank (I hope), but how does RAISING the price AT ALL constitute an "exclusive discount?"
Wow, I didn't even notice that! Making these things "add ons" means people can't use points on them... I have a feeling if they weren't add-ons they'd end up in one of those 40% off sales eventually. I think the notebooks have actually been in that sale before. It's all hype. Rifle Paper Co. is EVERYWHERE now. 

I was considering the NY box for that giant Cargo blush but it looks maybe too orange-y for me.  I'm gonna go with the Jouer Cheek Tint in Petal.  Blush two month in a row!!  It's like Birchbox is trying to get me to resubscribe after my year runs out this month :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back