Birchbox April 2015 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The BB website is moving as slow as molasses for me. I really want the NY Mad Men box! I was just catching up on season 7 today so I know it's fate lol

For some reason when I try to "share" my box for early access I get a completely blank page. Is anyone else having this problem?
I can't even get my box page to show up at all.  Not even the "box" box is there.

Here is the link to all box upgrades, if you're interested in adding some value hair kits ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
https://www.birchbox.com/shop/promo/box-upgrades

I am really undecided on what to pick. I just canceled my second sub a few days ago, so I have only one shot. I like the Liz Earle and Beauty Protector in NY box, Laqa and Cynthia Rowley in the California box, but also love the design of the Rifle Paper Co. box. I was planning on picking Jane Iredale as my PYS, but the color seems so pale (even on such fair skin as Lorelei's) and the sample is teeny tiny.
Hmm, I have such bad luck with leaving it to the chance but I might just let them pick something for me. 

It's been ages since I've seen the Birchbox website do this.  I think the Mad Men tie-in has steered a lot of traffic their way. 

Screenshot_2015-03-24-21-38-36-1.png

My account doesn't even show my box history so I can't do any sharing.  Am I the only one?  That tab is totally missing,

I like the cute little pink Jane Iredale lip & cheek tint, but I wish they were sampling the lip quench (clear) instead, and if I could buy it on Birchbox.com, that would be awesome.  The pink does nothing for me except smell good and feel waxy, but I've never used it on my cheeks.  I really hate the Jane Iredale lip plumper.  Tingling cinnamon on my lips is not my thing.  

I think my ideal April box would include something (anything) from Caudalie, an orange lipstick, a dark red Ruffian nail polish, that orange perfume that's not by Atelier, and hair oil.

Hmmm my ideal box would be:

- shampoo and conditioner by oribe

- not soap radio shower gel

- a lippie in a color I can actually use

- a paulas choice serum or toner

- another makeup item like a mascara or bronzer or blush

I love the rifle box! I hope the Jane iredale stain is available when I pick.

I wonder if the tote will be available to buy next month for regular price but with points. I don't have the extra money this month but man that tote is gorgeous!

My cat might have clicked on that referral link my 2nd account posted so I have a shot at getting one of each of the curated boxes. :bandit: Mostly because I really liked the contents of the CA one, but I love the box for the NY one.

I agree, I am a little bummed they didn't go with a more 60's vibe. My hubby's BB man has cocktail syrup and whiskey stones, so I had held out a little hope that they would throw us retro fans a bone, even if it meant weird stuff like fake eyelashes and liquid liners. (I personally would love, but I could see where folks would hate) :couch:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't seem to be able to share my box either...was thinking it was b/c I'm on my phone (& don't have another option at the moment as my laptop charger cord died & I'm awaiting the replacement).

I'm only a few dollars away from Aces...essentially I am there as soon as I spend the $40 in points I currently have...so I suppose I could just go that route as I really would like to be able to get my pick this month. ESP since last month was a bit of a bummer for me w/ 2 sample repeats (though CS did respond accordingly w/ 100pts).

I'm deciding between the Jouer PYS - I have a bit of a love affair @ the moment w/ cream blushes - & the NY box.

The tote is very tempting but I think I'm going to pass given that it's so light (color-wise) & thus would likely pick up dirt super easily. If it was a similar design w/ a blue, yellow, mint, etc background - or made of a material that wipes off more readily - I would be 100% in as I do really like it.

The cup & notepad set is also cute & if I didn't have oodles of both items &/or if my budget wasn't so tight I would def be picking it up.

I'm pretty disappointed I signed back up to get Mad Men Box. Like others I also expected more of 60s theme. I just don't get how the show inspired them to choose some of these products. It's like, here, Mad men people worked hard. They smoke and drink a lot and prolly don't have time to sleep. That's why we put eye bright in there. Maybe they don't really shower, how about body wash and shaving cream ??

I also was expecting the Mad Men boxes to be closer to the theme.  I like some items in the boxes, but not all.  So I think I'm going to go with the jouer.  The sample looks super tiny, but I'd rather a super tiny sample and luck of the draw on my other items than to get stuff I know I wont necessarily love.

I thought that there was supposed to be liquid eyeliner and strong holding hairspray too in those mad men boxes. 

but I like the NY box enough to go for it.  March was an awful month for me - I believe I already own that color blush (if not the exact color, very similar) with jouer, and I don't want to risk it again.

the only product I won't use is that oil protect hair stuff - but it does trade well, so it must work nicely - just not for me!

I agree, I am a little bummed they didn't go with a more 60's vibe. My hubby's BB man has cocktail syrup and whiskey stones, so I had held out a little hope that they would throw us retro fans a bone, even if it meant weird stuff like fake eyelashes and liquid liners. (I personally would love, but I could see where folks would hate) :couch:
That was what I was hoping for, especially when I saw there were two boxes. I figured one would be weird retro items and the other more traditional BB fare. I am thinking I will cancel my second sub and leave the main to chance. 

Has anyone been able to share their box page?? This is so frustrating
Yes. My primary account has given me 10 pts for sharing both my men's and women's this month. But, I did notice it didn't work for facebook, only twitter. That actually works out for me, as I have a twitter account I use soley for sharing shameless promos into the internet aether. It's a win-win for me, that account follows all the companies I shop at, giving me a quick, condensed place to look for any special social media promos before order online/go to the store, and I don't have to spam my friends' feed with shopping habits, -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back