Birchbox pick two mystery packs

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just placed an order for a 3 month gift subscription for a friend and a hair product for a total of $40 plus added the mystery pack since the packs they had left were not my type plus it seems everyone is getting amazing goodies!! I can't wait :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I cracked
blink.gif
and got the Suki scrub I've been wanting with a 15% off coupon I found online, plus one of those weird SARAHPOTEMPA hair bun tools (as an alternative to sticking a sock in my hair), and the pick two mystery pack. I'm excited to see what I get!

I received the 12 benefits hair spray and the vitamin capsules that they were sending out a few months back (can't remember the brand at the moment). I'm happy to try these and ready to order my next mystery pack! The downside is the Amika dry shampoo I ordered is one of the worst dry shampoos I've ever tried! I'm returning it.

For my $100 order, my mystery sample pack included By Terry Hydra Matte Nude Base (a huge sample, wish I could do photos!) and a gorgeous green Sumita eye shadow which looks full-sized. 

For my free ship with code (BBSHOP or something, got it off this thread) and points so it was "free", I received Ojon Damage Reverse Restorative conditioner (love this brand, and the sample size is big), and a strange little half-full vial of Lift Lab Lift and Fix High Potency Solution.

I've not tried three out of four of these brands, so I am THRILLED, and I love Ojon products, so Yay! This little half-ful vial is kind of strange but more fun than receiving something I've already sampled.
rolleyes.gif

My order and my mystery pack should be here tomorrow! I can't wait to see what I get! I'm excited and a little scared too! LOL

I have two coming today the another one from an order I placed this morning. Hoping at least one of them will be really great.

Originally Posted by evildrporkchop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have two coming today the another one from an order I placed this morning. Hoping at least one of them will be really great.
Good luck! Looking forward to seeing what you get!

I received the 12 benefits hair spray and the vitamin capsules that they were sending out a few months back (can't remember the brand at the moment). I'm happy to try these and ready to order my next mystery pack! The downside is the Amika dry shampoo I ordered is one of the worst dry shampoos I've ever tried! I'm returning it.
Oh no, my amika dry shampoo will be here today. I really liked the Serge dry shampoo they sent out a while back, but I couldn't find it on the website the other day. Can I ask why you didn't like it??

Originally Posted by MissRoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh no, my amika dry shampoo will be here today. I really liked the Serge dry shampoo they sent out a while back, but I couldn't find it on the website the other day. Can I ask why you didn't like it??
I'll preface my opinion by saying that I am a dry shampoo-aholic and I have tried dozens of them and go through a couple cans a month.  I have actually thought about starting a blog just about dry shampoos LOL.  My hair is super long and thick and I dont like to get up early so I only wash it like twice a week and dry shampoo is my best friend all the other days (I actually think my hair looks better 2 or 3 days after washing). 

This one doesn't spray very well (like if you have arthritis you probably wouldn't even be able to do it) and the powder doesnt comb out at all.  It just kind of stuck to my hair very weirdly.  I had to rub my hair with a towel to get it off.  I shook and shook and it still did this.  I also don't think it really even absorbed any oil, and certainly not to any level that I am accustom to.  For $22 I am totally disappointed - especially since the packaging is soooooo freaking cute.

I didnt think anything would trump my TIGI Rockaholic (the most HG product ever) but I'm always up for trying a new one.  I recently tried the Klorane one from BB and I would say that one is right on par with the TIGI, so I guess I should've just bought that one.

Hopefully it works for you, hair products can be so different on different hair types! Please post what you think when yours arrives
smile.gif

Well, I got two mystery packs today. The first had Incoco Nail Polish Strips in Freshly Picked and a Vichy Aqualia Thermal cream. Really nice, I love Vichy and have been wanting to try the nail polish strips. My second pick two turned out to be a pick one because all I got was an Ojon volumizing shampoo. I don't even know if I should complain as it was free but I really wish there had a least been a perfume sample in there as well.

I'll preface my opinion by saying that I am a dry shampoo-aholic and I have tried dozens of them and go through a couple cans a month.  I have actually thought about starting a blog just about dry shampoos LOL.  My hair is super long and thick and I dont like to get up early so I only wash it like twice a week and dry shampoo is my best friend all the other days (I actually think my hair looks better 2 or 3 days after washing).  This one doesn't spray very well (like if you have arthritis you probably wouldn't even be able to do it) and the powder doesnt comb out at all.  It just kind of stuck to my hair very weirdly.  I had to rub my hair with a towel to get it off.  I shook and shook and it still did this.  I also don't think it really even absorbed any oil, and certainly not to any level that I am accustom to.  For $22 I am totally disappointed - especially since the packaging is soooooo freaking cute. I didnt think anything would trump my TIGI Rockaholic (the most HG product ever) but I'm always up for trying a new one.  I recently tried the Klorane one from BB and I would say that one is right on par with the TIGI, so I guess I should've just bought that one. Hopefully it works for you, hair products can be so different on different hair types! Please post what you think when yours arrives :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Thanks for your input! I received the Khlorane dry shampoo and I feel like it made my hair dull. Like I said, the Serge Norman was great, but I couldn't find it the other day?-weird! I'll give the Amika a good try, and will report back with my findings!

My BB pick two mystery packs from last week: From my order I got on Saturday which contained my CEW boxes And from my Model Co lipstick order ealier that week. 
Omg. That pack with the Algenist sample is the best one I've seen yet. Not that I need any more Algenist at the moment, but it is my favorite, and one of those little jars lasts me six months, on average. That's the same size that comes with $100 kit and a full size serum. I hoard Algenist.
I'll preface my opinion by saying that I am a dry shampoo-aholic and I have tried dozens of them and go through a couple cans a month.  I have actually thought about starting a blog just about dry shampoos LOL.  My hair is super long and thick and I dont like to get up early so I only wash it like twice a week and dry shampoo is my best friend all the other days (I actually think my hair looks better 2 or 3 days after washing).  This one doesn't spray very well (like if you have arthritis you probably wouldn't even be able to do it) and the powder doesnt comb out at all.  It just kind of stuck to my hair very weirdly.  I had to rub my hair with a towel to get it off.  I shook and shook and it still did this.  I also don't think it really even absorbed any oil, and certainly not to any level that I am accustom to.  For $22 I am totally disappointed - especially since the packaging is soooooo freaking cute. I didnt think anything would trump my TIGI Rockaholic (the most HG product ever) but I'm always up for trying a new one.  I recently tried the Klorane one from BB and I would say that one is right on par with the TIGI, so I guess I should've just bought that one. Hopefully it works for you, hair products can be so different on different hair types! Please post what you think when yours arrives :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Thank you so much for the TIGI recommendation. I only shampoo every other day, and sometimes my roots get oily on even the first day, so I am alway excited to try New dry shampoo, but I hate the white powder look on my roots. OT but I have no idea why my tablet capitalizes random words like New. Weird.

My pick two yesterday: the Algenist and a Ken Do can't-remember-the-full-name towelette. Funny thing: That order had two packs of Willa towelettes.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My pick two yesterday: the Algenist and a Ken Do can't-remember-the-full-name towelette. Funny thing: That order had two packs of Willa towelettes.
That sounds like my dream two pack. I love the Koh Gen Do Spa Cleansing Water.

Originally Posted by celiajuno /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well, I got two mystery packs today. The first had Incoco Nail Polish Strips in Freshly Picked and a Vichy Aqualia Thermal cream. Really nice, I love Vichy and have been wanting to try the nail polish strips. My second pick two turned out to be a pick one because all I got was an Ojon volumizing shampoo. I don't even know if I should complain as it was free but I really wish there had a least been a perfume sample in there as well.
I would email or call Birchbox and tell them about the pick 2.  They have great customer service.  I am sure she would either send you something out or credit your account with points...

That sounds like my dream two pack. I love the Koh Gen Do Spa Cleansing Water.
The thing that sucks is that I can't use the Algenist! Anything anti-aging causes problems.

Got my two mystery pick two sample packs today!  I only ordered these two things, but paid with points and got free shipping.  

The thing that sucks is that I can't use the Algenist! Anything anti-aging causes problems.
Really? There's no retinol or anything like that in it. I can't use that sort of thing, either. The ingredient that is the star of their line is an "acid" they discovered, that coats a specific type of algae, helping to protect and regenerate it. They discovered it accidentally, while researching renewable energy. If you don't want it, I'm sure you can get a good trade for it. My God, these mystery pack contents get better and better! Full size products galore.

Back