Birchbox pick two mystery packs

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OH GLORY BE! My BB order is out for delivery a day early!! I am on site today so I won't get to see it for a few hours, but when I get home I will get to see what my mystery pack contains and I will get to roll around in the Mary Lou-Manizer I've been dying to try!

Oh happy day!

Originally Posted by tabarhodes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my two mystery pick two sample packs today!  I only ordered these two things, but paid with points and got free shipping.  
I received that Ojon oil in one of my boxes in a tiny little vial!  This sample size is much nicer than what was in my box.  In fact it's so small I think it turned me off and I still have yet to try it.  Those are some nice sized samples!

Really? There's no retinol or anything like that in it. I can't use that sort of thing, either. The ingredient that is the star of their line is an "acid" they discovered, that coats a specific type of algae, helping to protect and regenerate it. They discovered it accidentally, while researching renewable energy. If you don't want it, I'm sure you can get a good trade for it. My God, these mystery pack contents get better and better! Full size products galore.
Yeah, I don't know what it is in this one, but it makes my skin all red and tingly/burny feeling. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And I think I already have one on my swap list I haven't managed to swap yet.

Originally Posted by ButterflyGrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OH GLORY BE! My BB order is out for delivery a day early!! I am on site today so I won't get to see it for a few hours, but when I get home I will get to see what my mystery pack contains and I will get to roll around in the Mary Lou-Manizer I've been dying to try!

Oh happy day!
lol...rolling around in the Mary Lou. The mental image! 
rofl2.gif

Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif

lol...rolling around in the Mary Lou. The mental image! 
rofl2.gif
Oh...hmmm....you mean everyone doesn't do that? Hmmmm...well....okay......

nevermind

hehe.gif

Originally Posted by jmd252 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I received a 2.1 oz bottle of Redken Shine Flash spray and a set of Incoco Nail Polish strips. I think I have (literally) 5 different shine enhancing hair products so I'll likely give it away or trade it, but overall I thought that was a great pack! (Once I figure out how to post pictures on here, I'll put one up..)
What is the Shine Flash spray? Because I got one and have no idea what to do with it. And a wash cloth for the face. meh. Oh, and my order was small, $37.

What is the Shine Flash spray? Because I got one and have no idea what to do with it. And a wash cloth for the face. meh. Oh, and my order was small, $37.  
That Redken stuff makes your hair shiny. Or, in my case, turns your gray hairs very bright like there are tiny spotlights *just* on the grays. It is not a hold product.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That Redken stuff makes your hair shiny. Or, in my case, turns your gray hairs very bright like there are tiny spotlights *just* on the grays. It is not a hold product.
Oh man oh man, here's hoping I don't have any Redken grey spotlightification thingamagiger waiting in my mailbox tonight!

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh man oh man, here's hoping I don't have any Redken grey spotlightification thingamagiger waiting in my mailbox tonight!

Girl, I hope you don't get it, too. This stuff is old, and after reading the reviews on MUA I'm scared to smell it, lol. I love the you write, you crack me up.

Originally Posted by msbelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

BB doesn't even sell Redken products and apparently this Shine Flash spray was sent out in the July 2011 boxes.

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=145125/shine_flash_02_glistening_mist/Redke

The Koh Gen Do facial cloths were left over from March 2012.

http://www.birchbox.com/shop/koh-gen-do-cleansing-water-cloths

Really BB? Just because of this I think I'm going send the whole order back.
Wouldn't blame you at all! Holy grey hair, Batman...who wants that?

Originally Posted by msbelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Girl, I hope you don't get it, too. This stuff is old, and after reading the reviews on MUA I'm scared to smell it, lol. I love the you write, you crack me up.
I'm just flabbergasted that BB would send you products that are so old! What are they thinking? Maybe a better questions is are they thinking?

Now I'm ascared to go home. I am afraid some old moldy product will jump me when I open my mailbox!

Quote: Originally Posted by msbelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm just flabbergasted that BB would send you products that are so old! What are they thinking? Maybe a better questions is are they thinking?

Now I'm ascared to go home. I am afraid some old moldy product will jump me when I open my mailbox!

I know right? More than one person described it as smelling like putrid garbage, or like when you get behind a garbage truck in July. Yuck. I saw someone else on here got one also. I think this sort of thing they should throw in for free in larger orders, or something. Like the trash bin maybe.

Originally Posted by gemstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My order came and my pick two was a travel size of blow blow up thickening mist and a full size of the alima pure nourishing lip balm in rhubarb.  

http://www.birchbox.com/shop/blow-up-thickening-mist

&

http://www.birchbox.com/shop/alima-nourishing-lip-balm
I got the alima pure nourishing lip balm in rhubarb in my earth month box last year. I liked the color and the minty scent but it had kinda a gritty feeling on my lips so I stopped using it pretty early on.

How are we jumping from, "these samples were sent out one time in 2011 and 2012, therefore the ones I got now are that old" considering one of the products is still being sold in the shop? Does anyone know if they were discontinued? Or contact the manufacturer to see how old they are/see how long the products can be used for? Plenty of products have a "good for _____ (month or year) time span before they're actually bad.

After my busted vasanti mystery pack, today I got the replacement: busted vitivia provitamins and lipfusion lipfatuation

Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How are we jumping from, "these samples were sent out one time in 2011 and 2012, therefore the ones I got now are that old" considering one of the products is still being sold in the shop? Does anyone know if they were discontinued? Or contact the manufacturer to see how old they are/see how long the products can be used for? Plenty of products have a "good for _____ (month or year) time span before they're actually bad.
That's very true. I dunno, seemed like a good jump at the time!

That's very true. I dunno, seemed like a good jump at the time!
I don't even have any clue what the shelf life of hair products and wipes typically are. I just assumed the redken was new because they had an influx of new hair samples recently. I do know in the past ladies have had good luck contacting manufacturers about products.

Well I couldn't find a use by date. And I don't know how these have been stored. Since BB doesn't even sell it anymore, and they were sent out in the July 2011 boxes, they are more than likely left over from 2011. It states nowhere in the description that they will be sending out products that they don't sell anymore.

Quote from BB Pick 2 sample page: "or, if you like surprises (and, really, who doesn’t?), check out the Mystery Pack. It includes one deluxe sample and one standard sample that we’re especially excited about right this minute" Bolding mine.

Back