Birchbox Promo Codes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, wait, if I use SHOP10 and they send a code, that means I can't use a %off code on the purchase where I use the code they send.  I'm not sure I like that.  I want to use 20% off and points next time COMEBACK20 is active.  And if my order is over $50, a 20%off code is better than $10 off.

I do not like this "giving $10 off with code" thing they are doing. It is false advertisement. I wouldn't use $10 off code, most of their codes are much better than that.

I cancelled both my subscriptions because I am going on a long work trip to China early November. But resubscribed one of them using the code "SHOP10" when I noticed these new codes. Points did not come as usual, I emailed them (Ace) but didn't receive any reply. Chat has not been working and they don't pick up the phone. As a last resort, I sent a personal message to the Facebook page. I want to cancel the resubscription if they won't give 100 points, but will send a $10 off code, since I can't use it while abroad anyway. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So SHOP10 is the only way to get the $10 off code for referring someone to sign up? The person referred needs to use SHOP10 to receive the $10 off code? I thought it was for the referer as well though? So how would that work with an existing account since you don't enter a promo code each month? This makes zero sense.

I assumed that the $10 off code would come automatically to me in email for referring someone as well as automatically to them but the referred person has to enter SHOP10 in order for either to get that $10 code? I've seen nothing saying that the referred person needs to use that code on their site. Can someone clarify? I don't want to do anything until I know what is up with SHOP10!

I heard back from CS and Jen confirmed that SHOP10 gives 100 points automatically. She applied them manually as there seem to be a problem with their system :/

I would say use the code SHOP10 if you want 100 points but take screenshots to prove you applied the code and send them an email with the screenshot and order information to get them add your points manually.

@@pearldrop thank you so much for the info!! I just re-subbed with the code and I'm going to contact them via chat tomorrow. I wonder if they'll say anything when they look at my point history and see that I just got 50 points for referring myself.....haha.
Glad it helped.

I don't think they will say anything even if they notice. They are probably doing the same thing themselves too :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@@pearldrop thank you so much for the info!! I just re-subbed with the code and I'm going to contact them via chat tomorrow. I wonder if they'll say anything when they look at my point history and see that I just got 50 points for referring myself.....haha.
I've done it.  They don't say anything.  

are there any current % off codes to combine with the sale? i looked a few pages back and did not see any! thanks! 

edit 2: it worked then i took a few things in/out of cart and it's not working now, strange!

edit: this works for 20% off : TAKEOFF20 

Last edited by a moderator:
are there any current % off codes to combine with the sale? i looked a few pages back and did not see any! thanks! 

edit 2: it worked then i took a few things in/out of cart and it's not working now, strange!

edit: this works for 20% off : TAKEOFF20 
I just entered the TAKEOFF20 code and it deleted all the Ace discounts that were showing up in my cart.  It also said the code is not valid.  Needless to say, I am not a happy camper.

Edit: I just used SHOP10.  It said it was applied, but no points after I checked out, I initiated a chat via the Birchbox website.  It's taking forever for a Rep. to reply.  I called 3 times, there was a message about e-mail, chat, blah blah, then it hung up on my each time.  Not great Customer Service.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I still have my sweet 16 code but couldn't find anything on sale that I actually wanted. Most of the items were things that as far as I know no one sampled. I think I got a foil packet of an eslor product once and was not impressed. 

I still have my sweet 16 code but couldn't find anything on sale that I actually wanted. Most of the items were things that as far as I know no one sampled. I think I got a foil packet of an eslor product once and was not impressed. 
The only things I want are the Stephanie Johnson bags in the Mumbai pattern, but the website seems to think my Ace status has been revoked.  It won't give me the discount anymore after the TAKEOFF20 fiasco yesterday.  

The only things I want are the Stephanie Johnson bags in the Mumbai pattern, but the website seems to think my Ace status has been revoked.  It won't give me the discount anymore after the TAKEOFF20 fiasco yesterday.  
The lady from Subscription Addiction said that you cannot use % off codes on the sale items. All you could do was add a code for a gift with purchase i.e. the perfume rollerball or a headband and dry shampoo set. 

I used SHOP10 and the points didn't apply so I emailed. They really could've fixed that by now. Are they hoping most people wont bother to contact them about it?

Hah!  I just got the email from BB saying their supercomputers looked through my profile & reviews to give me awesome deals on products I love.  First up, a 30% off code for Harvey Prince.  Um.... that's an epic fail.  They need to redo their computer algorithm :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back