"Don't waste your money on _____"

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by cottoncandy dont waste your money on maybelline xxl volume mascara. doesnt volumize the lashes at all, and makes them look like gross spiderlegs.
icon_frown.gif
on no just bought it
frown.gif
but i just use a lash comb and mine looks fine, they do look thicker and longer, I do the wiggle thing when applying.

Originally Posted by NYShopgirl dont' waste your money on:2. Youthful Essence - did not do anything for my skin and the machine is useless.

o, i'm soooo glad u posted this. I just saw the infomercial today for the 1st time, (I'm not much of a TV person, as u can tell, but i had some spare time 2day)
sheep.gif

I was realli thinking about buying it. ... she was sooo convincing .. LoL
rotfl.gif

Originally Posted by Laura Cool thread Liz! Don't waste your money on
MAYBELLINE GREAT LASH MASCARA

thats like one of the BEST masacaras.

Originally Posted by Tabitha Demeter Fragrances...stinky farts stick around longer than these do, unfortunately! LMAO!!!!!
There's too much for me to read and i can't think of anything now.. (it's late) but that was just hillarious!

nars eyeshadow-seems like there's no pigment

elf cosmetics- they're cheap, only a buck but i ended up selling everything(30 products) on ebay for $1 + shipping.

im thinking of the stuff ive used and hated......oh so so so many......

--Bliss Super Eucalyptus Smoother Pre-Shower Body Softening Mask. cost around $35 and seriously did nothing. i have practically all of it still but cant bare to get rid of it cause of the money i spent on it.

--Victoria's Secret Spa Moisturizing After Shave Lotion. its honestly just like any other lotion. nothing special.

--KMS Curl products. i got a travel pack of it to try it out. i think i used it about 3x cause it just made my hair all sticky and just weighed down. it was bad.

--Paula Dorf Perfect Primer for Dry Skin. this is before they re-did the formula so its probably better now. but this stuff didnt really do much for me and seemed to go bad pretty quickly.

--Smashbox lip exfoliant. save the $18 and just use sugar and vit. e oil for a scrub insted.

Things I've tried and didn't like:

Kiehl's tinted lip balm (tasted bad)

Bobbi Brown lipsticks (didn't stay on long & had a taste to them - but this was a while ago)

Styli-Style eye kohl (doesn't stay on the waterline long at all)

Revlon-12 hours eyeshadows(no pigment at all)

Burt's Bees-Tinted Moisturizing foundation(My face broke out)

Studio Gear-Flawless makeup( o my gosh,sillicon sillicon,and my face looked like a mask,horrible)

Milani mascara in black(U get what U pay for)

Du Wop Lip Venom in Snowberry(it spoiled in a month).Is strange because i have the same brand lipgloss in Corall Tree and i Love it.

Bare Minerals foundation(my face broke out)

Guerlain meteorites powder in Winter Radiance(my face broke out)This product is overrated.

Duwop Lip Venom !!

The stuff in it that makes your lips tingle are actually RUINING your lip... i read something a dr posted about this... it ruins your lips in time...

its wayyy overpriced like 15 plus bucks for a tiny bottle the size of a toddler's pinky.... it does little if anything atleast on my lips and it doesnt last long at all... the shien is ok but again... it lasts for all of 1 or 2 minutes...

MAC full coverage.. its SO HEAVY And looks unnatural and no matter what u use to apply it and blend it with ..brushes.. sponges it still doesnt look good and is extremely heavy and feels like you're wearing a mask ! such a waste of money

i knwo its not make up but OJON hair products ! dont even bother with this ! its a rip off big time i have no clue why its even on the market ! it is the bgigest waste of money i have spent on ANYTHING so far in my life and i am not exaggerting i was extremely disappointed i even wrote to the company and unsurprisingly got nothing back

MAC fibre rich mascara.. i wasnt imprssed with this... max factor lash thing works a lot better for c heaper and so doesnt cover girl lash thingy

hmm thats all i can think of right now

Originally Posted by spazbaby Revlon Lip GlideCoverGirl foundations

Clinique 3-Step skincare

Clinique foundations

Maybelline Shiny-Licious lip gloss

Maybelline eye shadows

Maybelline Great Lash or Volum' Express mascaras

anything Lancome - everything is perfumed, mascaras are clumpy

shiny-licious are great and smell great, however i agree on the shadows, there horrible

Smashbox Foundation Primer....I would put it on and start to work it into the skin and it would come off!

Originally Posted by grashabelle Second on Maybelline foundations, whether liquid or dual type.
I LOVE wonder finshes and everyone i use it on always wants to know wot i used. it Wonderful! lol
smile.gif

this is a great thread!

i am joining the *I Hate Maybelline Great Lash* club ...

i looked like i put it on and then rubbed my eyes to smear it all over my face! talk about raccoon eyes!

ProActive broke me out worse than ever before in my life ...

any of the longwearing lippies that you have to put gloss over. my lips get so dry they hurt!
scared.gif

1. Maybelline "Great Lash" Mascara-Smudge city, didn't do anything for me.

2. Max Factor "2000 Calorie" Mascara-Made my eyelashes start to fall out. Seriously.

3. MAC "Studio Fix Fluid" Foundation-Broke me out something fierce. It took 2 MONTHS for my skin to even start to go back to normal. Contains Algae Extract which is both comedogenic and a known skin irritant. (For those who it doesn't cause to break out, it might be hg material).

4. Chanel Glossimers-Not bad, but overrated in my book.

I feel like I need to add a smiley or something...this is all so negative. haha.

15hg.gif

Don't waste your money on.....

Any type of at home microderm machine like Roc or Youthful essence...they are a major waste of time and money. Get much better results using your hands.

Smashbox lipglosses, they look so pigmented in the tube but are a real dissapointment.They are also thick and gloopy making an ever colour on the lips difficult to achieve.

Models Prefer makeup! I ordered this from QVC expecting it to be totally different from other makeup, and with all the hype i was excited to try the products. When i did i was SO VERY DISSAPOINTED. I had bought a lot of their products and never use any of them (not one) now.

Shavata eyebrow stencils...they look so easy and yet the stencils are so fragile they tear if not handled extremely carefully.Mine tore as i peeled it from the kit .Another dissapointment!

Lancome's color focus eyeshaow's..not well pigmented, colors aren't exactly great and rather poor coverage.

Maybelline great lash mascara, this was useless.I used it until it ran out and went back to my old favorite.

Benefit Mr Frosty, was allergic to this eye pencil and after application i looked like a snowman..What use was this to me or anyone else???

Estee Lauder double wear foundation...this appeared to have 2 colors, when it was shaken to make it the one color on application is changed colour.Its very drying, streaky and unflattering!

Benefit lip plump, i expected better results than i got,it's a good lip primer with a little plumping but not what i expected.

Any type of light reflecting concealor...these always made the darkenss under eyes worse and actuall highlighted them.All i need was the right colour of concealor.Ive tried all the expensive one;s from YSL to Clinique airbsrush...i now use them as a highlighter, on brow bones and lipline.

Bad Gal eyeliner, even though it is nice and dark, my eyes are sensitive to it and water.

That's all i can think of for now
smile.gif
Phew that feel's better!

I gotta agree w/ the Maybelline Great Lash... I wonder why it's rated as a best buy in the most recent Glamour...

Wow@all the hate's for Lancome Hypnose - you won't like it if your lashes have some natural volume already - You'll want something defining or curling.

Anyway, Dont waste your money on:

1) Fresh's mascara - I was SO Pissed I spent 25 dollars on it and it didnt do what it promised (I usually love anything Fresh comes out with!!)

2) MAC's skin care - it's all horrible except for the MAC Wipes

...sE

Originally Posted by Pauline Don't waste your money on.....

Lancome's color focus eyeshaow's..not well pigmented, colors aren't exactly great and rather poor coverage.

They came out with Color Design eyeshadows that are the complete opposite. Just as pigmented as MAC and go on great. STAY ON ALL DAY LONG (as always use a base)

...sE

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Don't waste your money on: L'Oreal Double Extend Mascara. I hated the primer, and the mascara didn't really do all that much.
icon_rolleyes.gif
i agree on part of it@ i think the primer is actually decent when used with max factor 2000 calorie lash or something like that, but the actual mascara ughhhh clumpy clumopy!

Latest posts

Back