"Don't waste your money on _____"

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I forgot to mention Nars shadows. The ones with the glitter just look like charcoal smeared on your lids, they are so dry. The glitter doesn't show up at all. I also have the Tokyo and All About Eve duos, and they have no pigment at all. Sigh. I did so want to like these shadows.

Definately Maybelline Great Lash mascara! I'm always baffled when the mags say this is a pro fave!
confused.gif

Erika

Originally Posted by lilla Don't waste your money on Prescriptives skincare, broke me out big time... Really? What did you try? I wanted to try the super line preventer because I heard great things about it and how it protects from environmental hazards. By any chance did you try this product?

ALL Maybaline Mascaras! They are for people who already have lashes like Naturally LOL! and Milani lip gloss they slide off to easy

Yes I did. But I did try the total skincare from them so I don't know what caused. I have a very sensitive skin and some things that are fine for others aren't for me. You should give it a try and see how it is. Also ask for samples... they are usually really good about that.

Originally Posted by pretty_94134 Really? What did you try? I wanted to try the super line preventer because I heard great things about it and how it protects from environmental hazards. By any chance did you try this product?

Originally Posted by cosmo2127 dont waste your money on:
1. TrueMatch foundation- this makes your face look too cakey or pasty.

2. Walmart Make up Brushes- they fall apart really easy.

3. Cream Eye Shadows- they tend to crease.

4. Wet n Wild Products- the lipsticks and lipglosses suck.

5. Curling Irons and Flat Irons- make sure you get the ceramic kind cuz they work the best.

this is all that i can think of for now.

I've also found that the TrueMatch foundation comes off of your face really quickly. I'll touch my face and my fingers will have foundation on them. This morning, I was on the phone and when I looked at it, it had foundation on the keys! I like the foundation otherwise, but I can't stand having it come off all over the place...will be looking for a different brand as soon as this one is done.

Originally Posted by atomicopera Don't waste your money on biore self heating facial scrub ditto! it sucked big time

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Don't waste your money on: L'Oreal Double Extend Mascara. I hated the primer, and the mascara didn't really do all that much.
icon_rolleyes.gif
AND I LOVE LOREAL DOUBLE EXTEND! LOLOne time I tried that XXL one (primer & mascara) and hated it... maybe we both got a bad one!

I agree with those who don't like L'Oreal Double Extend and Lancome Hypnose. I just bought Hypnose and am very disappointed. Should have checked here first!

Great post!!

Originally Posted by LindaA I forgot to mention Nars shadows. The ones with the glitter just look like charcoal smeared on your lids, they are so dry. The glitter doesn't show up at all. Oh but I love the Nars shadows because the pigments stays true on the skin and I find the glitter subtle, not sparkly. I use darker colors as eyeliner or to create smoky eye.
Re: click pen packaging. Ditto that. Hate them. Wasteful and uncontrollable.

To the list I'd add Stila eye glaze. Also make-up by body shop - the powders oxidize and turn orange on my skin. the colors barely show up. They just fade away and the lipsticks dry my lips

Originally Posted by kurczak Rimmel Vinyl Lip Gloss - u will be not able to open your mounth so true.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

i really like this lipgloss the colors look great and it smells great, if only it didn't get on your teeth so easily.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Don't waste your money on: L'Oreal Double Extend Mascara. I hated the primer, and the mascara didn't really do all that much.
icon_rolleyes.gif

I agree. It made my lashes look thin and spidery looking. You had to apply a billion coats for it to look even half decent.

Originally Posted by atomicopera Don't waste your money on biore self heating facial scrub it made my skin red, itchy and dry ... what a waste of money ...

Milani Glitzy Gloss... smells horrible, dries out my lips, feels like clay... I returned it right away.

Inouvi - Browcake - a compact for brows, half compact consists of wax and the other half a powdered brow colour - the wax is supposed to hold the brow powder longer but this stuff just does not fill in evenly especially on areas where brow hairs are scant.

Givenchy Prisme Again powder compact - this clogs my pores and dries up my skin - really!

~NARS Liquid eye liners I can't even describe how horrible these are

~Rimmel nail polish Lasts about 5 minutes for me

~Lash Architect mascara I almost got into a car accident from the flaking!

~Trish McEvoy eye shadows Not much pigment and flakey

~Bumble and Bumble shampoos Now I love this line, but the shampoos really are kind of junk. Except the Seaweed and the yellow one. Other than that, they are drying on the scalp or leave your hair greasy

In defense of the Maybelline Great Lash: Makeup artists love it because it is cheap and easy to find. Alot of times you are either giving the mascara to the client or tossing it anyway. Even with disposable wands I find myself giving away alot of mascara. Disposables don't give the same product payoff. Also, the wand on the Great Lash is small enough to suit even the smallest eye. Do I use it myself on a daily basis? No. But you will find it in my kit along with Voluminous, Show and Zoom.

I have tried even less expensive mascaras and they are horrible.
idea.gif

Back