"Don't waste your money on _____"

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't waste your money on...

CoverGirl Remarkable Washable Waterproof Mascara (thats a mouthful!)- It clumps your lashes together, and you have to literally PULL them apart as the mascara is like cement. It works great if you put it on the tips of your lashes but what's the point of that? I have short lashes, so maybe the brush is too big or something?

i wonder if i ever put that rimmel volum'eyes on this list. too much came out on the comb and clumped my lashes together i had to comb them within an inch of their lives (same with lancome's hypnose mascara i hated that too)

-Prestige eyeshadow - I have been using them but none of them seem to work now! I can't get any pigment onto my brush and when I do it just sits on my lids then falls off. Plus they won't blend.

-Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation - It worked really well to begin with (despite the fact the lightest colour was slightly too dark) but after a couple of months it began to break me out. Then after 6 months of having it, it went off.

Don't waste your money on:

Mac Studio Fix Concealer (doesn't conceal well at all!!)

Makeup Forever Liquid Lip Color (it streakes, not shiny at all, bad smelling)

Originally Posted by swhitneyt Revlons 12 hour eyeshadow I tried this too, and I hate the new formula. I loved the old one, dont fix what aint broke.

Cover Girl eye shadow...

I bought it just to play around and I was STILL disappointed
frown.gif

Covergirl Overtime Lipsticks (the one that came with the chapstick type gloss for over it -- that stuff smelled AWFUL) - flaked and never applied right.

MAC Studio Tech - mine smelled rancid after about a month, despite always using a clean brush/clean finger.

Blinc Kiss Me Mascara - I fell for the hype, but it goes on VERY watery, provides zero volume or curling, and left spider-leg looking "tubes" all over my face as it started to come off after a few hours. No, it didn't flake, but it looked like my eyelashes were falling out of my eyes!

Bourjois Coup De Theatre mascara - clumpy and went rancid very quickly.

I second your motion. Contrary to popular opinon (I believe it's really marketing), this stuff is horrible. Read my review.

Originally Posted by Laura Cool thread Liz! Don't waste your money on
MAYBELLINE GREAT LASH MASCARA

Wow, I love maybelline great lash mascara
icon_eek.gif

-Rimmel Foundation (Horrible!!)

-Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse (If you have ANY dry skin, this will magnify it 10 times!)

-Max Factor's Lipfinity (Yes, it will stay all day, but I had to continually apply the gloss every 30 minutes because it dried my lips out so bad.)

-ProActiv (It worked minimally, but not as well as an aspirin mask a few times a week does!! And it's waaaaaayyy more expensive!!)

Maybelline Great Lash Mascara!!!!

havn´t used it in some years but I remember HATING it and wondering why it was said to be MA´s favorite

//Jenny

Maybelline great lash mascara (pink-green tube), it`s very bad. This one had make my eyes swollen and very itchy for like almost a week. Again very bad!!! Why do "they" say it`s so great?
icon_rolleyes.gif

Honestly lollipop I have NO freakin' idea why it is supposedly so wonderful... I have 2 tubes of it, one waterproof and one not, and I NEVER reach for them! I like the waterproof better though, it is a little drier and goes on better, but it is still a crummy product IMO...

Originally Posted by lollipop Maybelline great lash mascara (pink-green tube), it`s very bad. This one had make my eyes swollen and very itchy for like almost a week. Again very bad!!! Why do "they" say it`s so great?
icon_rolleyes.gif
I second your motion!!! Read my review, horrible product.

Originally Posted by GraceGirl7 -Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse (If you have ANY dry skin, this will magnify it 10 times!) I agree! And it just felt wierd.

Let me 2nd the motion on CG's Outlast and the Max Factor Lipfinity. They both make my lips dry and the color eventually peels off.

I also 2nd the cream eyeshadow, but just those that come in flat pans. They crease in minutes. I'm thinking esp. of Maybelline Colour Delights (which have the honor of being one of two products I've ever returned.) and Revlon Illuminance. In order to get them to last at all, you have to apply a powder over them which changes the color.

Finally, anything in a click pen. There is just too much unusable product in one of them, and they are way overpriced for what you do get. The more expensive, the more reason to avoid it. I"m thinking mainly of Stila Lipglazes here.

Originally Posted by LindaA Finally, anything in a click pen. There is just too much unusable product in one of them, and they are way overpriced for what you do get. The more expensive, the more reason to avoid it. I"m thinking mainly of Stila Lipglazes here. I don't like click pen stuff either... For some reason, I click and click and click and nothing comes out. Then I click one last time and OVERLOAD of product!! And I am even waiting in between clicks to make sure this doesn't happen! Grrr....

Originally Posted by MACGoddess I don't like click pen stuff either... For some reason, I click and click and click and nothing comes out. Then I click one last time and OVERLOAD of product!! And I am even waiting in between clicks to make sure this doesn't happen! Grrr.... Ditto! I always see the cutest glosses in these types of packages, but can't bring myself to buy them because I know that it will do that; take forever to get even *a little* out, then gush out in a huge amount. Plus the gloss at the very end won't even come out no matter how many times you click. It is just too wasteful IMO.

Back