"Don't waste your money on _____"

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dont waste your money on maybelline xxl volume mascara. doesnt volumize the lashes at all, and makes them look like gross spiderlegs.
icon_frown.gif

Originally Posted by cottoncandy dont waste your money on maybelline xxl volume mascara. doesnt volumize the lashes at all, and makes them look like gross spiderlegs.
icon_frown.gif
I totally agree - I kept trying it thinking it was just me then gave up on it. Don't need those spiderlegs!

Originally Posted by cottoncandy dont waste your money on maybelline xxl volume mascara. doesnt volumize the lashes at all, and makes them look like gross spiderlegs.
icon_frown.gif
Yes, I felt like I had 4 eyelashes
icon_evil.gif

I tried it several different times with several different application methods, and I still could not get this stuff to work for me.

Honestly I think what I hated most was that it would clump, and I would have to pick out the clumps with my lash comb. When I would do that, then it would flake and I'd be left with bare spots on my lashes that looked white from the primer.

Iccccck
icon_rolleyes.gif

i agree with maybelline great lash! it was nothing fantastic. i also didn't care for max factor 2000 calorie too much.

Neutrogena Clean Lash Tint &

Revlon ColorStay Lash Tint. They are just tints, not mascaras.

Maybelline Great Lash. Spikey, smeary messy!

Philosophy fragrances. They don't last.

Sally Hansen Lip Infaltion. Doesn't plump.

yazzy
redface.gif

Yep..I totally agree with everyone on maybelline's Great Lash mascera. I renamed it to maybelline's poop on a stick because that is exactly what is is. I have been scared to try any of maybellines other masceras after trying great lash.

I also really hate loreal's lash arcitect. It sucks big time! The flakes are horrible.

Cover Girl outlast lipstick dried my lips out completely, but I do know people who love this product because it does last a long time.

I gotta agree on the CG Outlast lip tints. I loved the longevity, but like the lips more. The stuff was too drying.

yaz
tongue.gif

Benefit Dr. Feelgood. Made me break out sooooo bad!! Feels nice on the skin but horrible for the skin.

I totally agree on the Maybelline Great Lash. I just don't get it. Why is this supposed to be so great? Clumpy and gunky.

Sounding like a broken record, but I agree about Maybelline's Great Lash. IT is absolutely the WORST mascara I have ever used. Clumpy and smeared everywhere. And it didn't do squat for my lashes.

Dream Matte Mousse foundation - I'm not sure if this counts, though, I loved it before it made me break out.
icon_sad.gif

Maybelline eyeshadow duo - not pigmented and chalky and flaky.

Bonne Bell gel bronze in natural tan - made me look like I had skin cancer, very weird red-yellow color. The extra-dark color is much better though

Clinique original Glosswears - smelly smelly smelly! I love the Air Kiss color, and a few others, but I can't buy them because of the gross plasticy chemical smell. The shimmer glosses (like Whisper) don't have the weird smell, so I wish Clinique would reformulate them already!

dont waste your money on:

1. TrueMatch foundation- this makes your face look too cakey or pasty.

2. Walmart Make up Brushes- they fall apart really easy.

3. Cream Eye Shadows- they tend to crease.

4. Wet n Wild Products- the lipsticks and lipglosses suck.

5. Curling Irons and Flat Irons- make sure you get the ceramic kind cuz they work the best.

this is all that i can think of for now.

Maybelline Great Last- Smears, clumps

Lancome Definicils- I don't know why it is always rated as top mascaras in Allure. It clumps Mamy eyleashes, too much gets on the wand when you apply.

Mac powder- Made me break out

Revlon Fabulash- Clumps, and straightens my eyelashes even after I curl then with an eyelash curler

Hylexin for dark circles- Did nothing after a month's use.

Clinique skin care products--very drying

dermablend concealer-too drying for undereye circles

Mac zoomlash-leaves lashes too clumpty

Mac Spice lipliner - Leaves my lips orange ( I am NC 35)

Benefit- Oohla lift- Did absolutely nothing to my dark circles

Any of the Bourjois eyeliners..especially the styler line ones (twist up pens)

They lead breaks and its too hard to go on your eyes and it smudges and then wont come off..so your left with smudgey eyeliner
icon_evil.gif

I absolutely despise it
mad.gif

Originally Posted by MillieBelle Maybelline Great Lash MascaraMaybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation

Neutrogena Moisture Shine Gloss

Dessert Treats and Dessert Beauty Lip gloss

I love JS's Dessert Line AND Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse.
icon_sad.gif

Physician's FormulaEyebrightener® Mascara Brightening & Curling Mascara

Revlon Fabulash

IsaDora mascara - any of them

Originally Posted by eightthirty Physician's FormulaEyebrightener® Mascara Brightening & Curling Mascara Revlon Fabulash

IsaDora mascara - any of them

I totally agree about Revlon Fabulash...was not impressed!

Originally Posted by chickylittle I totally agree about Revlon Fabulash...was not impressed! really? that one sucked? i always look at it and end up putting it back. since i've been having my love affair with shesiedo's mascaras

icon_smile.gif
Welcome back Angela! missed you!! hope you're doing great.

Originally Posted by Anya1976 really? that one sucked? i always look at it and end up putting it back. since i've been having my love affair with shesiedo's mascaras

Originally Posted by lilla
icon_smile.gif
Welcome back Angela! missed you!! hope you're doing great. i've missed you too dolly!!!

Just about anything Cover Girl, I never have found anything that works for me.

Back