"Don't waste your money on _____"

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanx for bumping this thread, I nearly forgot about it! Right now I can't think of anything but I don't personally think that Great Lash is that bad it just depends what you expect from it.

Great thread!

Don't spend your money on: Bare Escentuals Natural Light. It comes in 2 shades, one is pearly white, the other one is peachy. You are supposed to apply to certain areas of your face to highlight it and look "perfect in every light", however, it does NOTHING! I think I will start using it as a browbone highlighter cause I dont wanna throw it away. LOL

Here's a pic and description:

http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...ategoryId=5737

Originally Posted by jaimelynn83 *covergirl eyeshadows
iagree.gif
It sucks!

I forget to mention:

Do not spend you money on any of the Bare Escentuals l/s and l/g. The lipsticks are kinda dry and the colors are odd. The l/g are too sheer and in a matter of minutes there is no more color on your lips.

The only ones I kinda like are the bronze l/s and l/g from the wearable bronze collection just because it is a nice bronze color, however, it is still quite inferior than Mac's l/s and l/g in general.

dont' waste your money on:

1. TBS Eye makeup remover - it will burn your eyes...it stings and doesn't remove waterproof mascara.

2. Youthful Essence - did not do anything for my skin and the machine is useless.

3. BE Natural Light - makes no difference when you put on your face, i returned mine.

Originally Posted by NYShopgirl dont' waste your money on:3. BE Natural Light - makes no difference when you put on your face, i returned mine.

Ditto!

Hi,

Don't waste your money on drugstore chain Duane Reade's "Apt. 5" brushes...YUCK!

The mascara "Great Lash" I do like tho'

dont waste your money on:

-All In One Face Base by TBS.. made me break out =(

-Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

-Juicy Tubes!!

Originally Posted by Anya1976 lancome hypnose mascara it was clump city total waste of 22 dollars. I agree with you on this one!!! I hate it...It's just sitting in my MU box. Don't waste your money on ROC facial cleanser with soy extracts...it dried out my skin so bad! Leaving red patches....

I second the click-pen lipgloss - I got the Revlon one - and it went straight to the trash after the second use.

MAC Zoom Lash mascara it was a mess and always had globs on my lashes, (I love Mary Kay's Ultamite Mascara though) and Patricia Wexler's lip plumper from Bath 'n Body this stuff burns a lot more than plumps (I love Victoria's Secret lip plumper it doesn't burn and plumps for a long time)!

-Anything by Covergirl: The whole line is just unimpressive

-Clique 3-Step Skin Care System: Didnt really do much

-Chanel Aqua Crayons: They just suck. They were so hard to put on, although I loved that it was encased in metal
frown.gif

-MAC Powder: Its too dark for me. Looked like I had two different colored skin tones.

This is a good thread for some cases, but I'd take it with a grain of salt because some things work on some but not others. Some of my absolute favourite products are listed here! That being said, I don't think Maybelline eyeshadows work on ANYONE - they creased like crazy once I got them to show up in the first place! I'm talking about the plain ones in the pans - Maybelline makes great stick eyeshadows.

Originally Posted by XOffendr Clinique Sheer Shaper lip pencil. I actively HATE this lipliner. I remembered using some Clinique lipliner that I loved when I was in my early teens, and recalling a very creamy application I ordered this because it was advertised as 'ultra-creamy.' It's total nonsense. This pencil is so hard, but when I sharpen it, it constantly breaks, or it breaks deep inside the pencil and the color stick falls out. I've never even been able to use it on my lips. I have to press too hard to make a stroke of color, and when I attempted to apply it to my mouth it was scratchy. I despise it, and I don't even despise the worst makeups! WOW, I was shocked to read this one. This is an HG lipliner for me. I just flows on and is very creamy. It is a nice sheer tone and I have 2 in Buff just in case it disappears. I just bought another one in Hint of Pink and I love it. Your description is so different than my experience that it makes me think you got a "defective" product.
Marilyn

I also have to chime in on the Great Lash mascara it did nothing but makes my eyelashes crispy and crunchy!

I must be the only person on earth who actually likes some of the Clinique product line, their facial soap is one of the few products that does not break me out. Now I'm into the Total Turnaround Concentrate.

Don't waste money on Lancom juicy tubes..L'oreal Color juice works the same if not better for a lot less $$.

Originally Posted by vanilla_sky Milani Glitzy Gloss... smells horrible, dries out my lips, feels like clay... I returned it right away. I totally agree!! I was so disappointed with this gloss. The smell didn't bother me but it did dry out my lips. Oh, well......
sadno.gif

Back