Ellada Lane - Greek Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
 I'm so sorry to hear about all the issues with shipment on these boxes. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Wow. I love the bracelet. Wonder if anyone will trade theirs.

@ I have a tracking number (DHL) which made a couple movements in Germany then stopped. My calls, and Stavros's calls, have clarified that *once it arrives in the US* it will be transferred to the USPS for delivery. There is a CLxxxxxxxDE number in the DHL tracking which is recognized by USPS but reports that they are still waiting to receive it from Germany.

Stavros says that after his calls, he is opening tracking claims with DHL International. They told him it would be "14 working days not including weekends" to arrive in the US which calculates out to a Dec. 14 arrival. He says some of the boxes were shipped UPS International (and those seem to have arrived already) and some were shipped DHL International (and those are in limbo). I do not know why they used two different shipping methods and how they decided which to use for which customers, but I believe he has decided not to use DHL in future. (And to ship 2 weeks before the desired arrival time.)

There is a phone number that he emailed to many of us, which I have not tried but which is apparently staffed during European business hours. It is now just about closing time in Europe so maybe you could try calling it tomorrow and see what happens? I'm trying to just forget about the box for this week and if it shows up I'll be happily surprised. 

DHL takes more like a month to deliver in my experience . He should have used EMS that takes a week for what you paid for the box. I guess he wanted to save money

I can't wait to see what ya'll think of the items. Sorry about the issues with shipping. I hope once you get the items you will love them as much as I do.

Any body get their box today or is their box moving? I got a bill for customs duties today.  Apparently, the values listed exceeded the limit and I got charged about $24.  Still love my items but hope it doesn't happen again with the next package.

@@vanstoj  let Stavros know, I asked him about customs duties and he said they were including any such duties in the cost of the box and we should not have to pay anything further.

Apparently those of us whose boxes were shipped DHL are all in purgatory somewhere. Stavros has initiated a trace/claim for all such boxes, but the earliest they can be declared lost or mislaid by DHL is Dec. 14th. 

@ did yours show up today?

@@vanstoj  let Stavros know, I asked him about customs duties and he said they were including any such duties in the cost of the box and we should not have to pay anything further.

Apparently those of us whose boxes were shipped DHL are all in purgatory somewhere. Stavros has initiated a trace/claim for all such boxes, but the earliest they can be declared lost or mislaid by DHL is Dec. 14th. 

@ did yours show up today?
Yes I got my box. I really enjoyed it. Already wore the bracelet. Still debating on getting an annual though since the cost is higher than I would like.

happy to see some of these coming in for you.  You all have been extremely patient.  Looks like it's paying off w/ nice things. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am still waiting for my box to arrive, or to make any movement outside of Germany where it has been sitting since Nov. 27.

I have sent two emails to Stavros and their generic CS email without response. If I don't hear something tomorrow, I'm opening a dispute with Paypal. I've been so enthusiastic about this box and so supportive of them getting off the ground, but these shipping problems are becoming more than I can accept.

Diane ER, I would call them. If they don't respond, I would file a claim.  You have been the cheerleader. I am wondering if they are not capitalized fully and are having money flow issues.  They certainly are having logistics issues.  I will try to call to. IF you reach him, in addition to the status of the first box, I would also ask about the second box.  I recently upgraded to the annual and now I am beginning to regret it. I have also sent him 2 emails with no response.  You might also post on MSA and see if Liz has any info.  I think she may have subscribed as well.

@@vanstoj I received 2 emails from them overnight. The first is directly to me, telling me that DHL says my box left Germany but they don't know where it is, and the other is a copy of the formal complaint plus email to DHL requesting immediate tracking and location of the missing parcel. In the informational email, Stavros gave me more details and told me what he would do to make good if it isn't found in the next week. He also told me they are waiting on one final item for the second box which will be shipping UPS ONLY right after it arrives.

They are trying to make it right, so I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt. For now anyway.

Sweet holy mackerel! I just randomly decided to put the tracking number for my lost first Ellada Lane box into the USPS website this morning and IT IS IN CALIFORNIA!! That is, if I trust the USPS website this week. It's not always accurate but everyone cross their fingers that it might actually show up!

Diane ER,  I hope you get your box soon!  You have had a very long wait.  I hope you find that the items were worth the wait.  I actually ended up loving the items and subscribing for a year.  You have been a big cheerleader for this box and Stavros should give you something a little extra for your patience.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

My Ellada Lane box was JUST DELIVERED! I am so excited and relieved that I haven't even opened it yet, LOL! But I shall very soon.

And now for a reveal on the Ellada Lane Vol 1 box, "Dreaming of Santorini and the Cyclades". It took a very, very slow boat getting to me, but I am so very pleased that it finally arrived. I was out when it arrived and my husband reports that he had to sign for it. (No clue if this is a function of the shipping method used for my box or if all recipients have to sign, as they do for Luxe Provence boxes.) I won't bother putting the photos behind a spoiler tag, as I believe you've seen the items before. 
Box1_01.jpg

The entire contents were, literally, packed in a BOX. A hand-made wood-and-leather BOX. It's like a treasure chest, which I guess is what it felt like opening this package! The lid fastens with a metal clasp; what a really fun touch this box is! The box itself was well padded in foam peanuts inside the outer shipping box.

Box1_02.jpg

Inside everything was either padded with bubble wrap or wrapped in (Greek) blue tissue paper.

Box1_03.jpg

Here are the contents arrayed inside the box. The detailed map of Santorini, with sites of interest noted, and day trips and visiting tips on the back, is one of the gifts from the Atlantis book store there.

Box1_04.jpg

The hand-carved olivewood citrus reamer is something I will immediately put to use as lemons and limes feature prominently in my cooking. The scarf is pure silk and beautifully detailed, in a gorgeous blue and gold.

Box1_05.jpg

The swirly gold bookmark with hanging charms is amazing, I have never had anything like this and will put it to regular use as I am constantly reading. And there are almost no words I can use to describe this absolutely stunning handmade bracelet by Krinaki. It is delicate yet strong, if that makes any sense. I love it. It looked small coming out of the case, but it is easily adjustable.

Box1_06.jpg

Another handmade olivewood kitchen aide was this small mortar and pestle. It will be perfect for blending spices. (I have a metal mortar and pestle now, but they're really too big for small jobs like spices, so this is well received.) Under it is a HUGE (460 grams!) glass container of honey from The Family Beez. Mine is Wildflower, I don't know if there are different varieties. The honey came packed in a wooden box made to look like a beehive box, again with a metal clasp. I think this will be reusable.

Box1_07.jpg

Finally, as with all boxes, there is a booklet included, with information about the items. This one is magazine-sized and includes the history of the islands, travel information, 4 recipes, instructions for caring for the olivewood kitchen items, and write-ups about the businesses that provided the contents. It is not a typical "this item and what its RV is" kind of insert, it is a magazine to read and save. There were also 2 postcards from the Atlantis bookstore. 

Box1_08.jpg

I am so totally thrilled that my box finally arrived and I am very happy with the contents. I have heard from Stavros that they will not be using this shipping method for future boxes (thank goodness!!), so I am going to give them another chance. Next up: "Hidden Treasures of Athens". If it's as good as this box, and if they fix their shipping problems, I will be very happy to receive it.

Back