• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Enablers...and anyone who wants to share their shopping deals! (part 2)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@

I think you should probably go! I've never seen slipknot (my brothers have) and since it's a lot closer than say Montreal, it's a bit more of a sure thing. I think my brothers should go see them now without Joey Jordison and see what they think. I'm curious if a different drummer would make a difference in a live setting (especially given the fact that it's not just any drummer, it's JOEY JORDISON).

Also, 1.5 hours isn't bad, I used to always have to go 4 hours to see Kill Hannah, and this was in Michigan to Chicago blizzard season -it was a Christmas show they did every year- so 1.5 hrs isn't bad especially without having to worry about snow -took 7 hours to get home one year instead of the normal 4 because it was a literal blizzard, not just snowing and my sister didn't drive and I had to drive the whole way, kind of brutal after waiting 3 hours in the snow, rocking out and dancing our asses off, waiting for the band to play at the after party and realizing at 2 am we just couldn't wait any longer and left).

And there isn't as much of a financial issue like there would be for Montreal or 70k -70k does sound pretty amazing and you should try to do that, too! LOL

This is why I bought the extra keyboard with a 10 key.  I am soooooo slow that I get frustrated by using numbers across the top of the regular keyboard.  I didn't notice when I bought the computer that the 10 key wasn't there.  Just didn't occur to me it wouldn't be...and yeah I got the nitty gritty about the machine, but missed there wasn't a 10 key!  Oops! 
I have a separate keyboard that I bought a while back when my HP keyboard broke and had to wait a week for an appointment with a tech. It's rubber and rolls up (I thought it was the coolest thing ever when I saw it and HAD to have it) but I've been too afraid to use it heavily because I just know that with the way I type, I'd shred the rubber in weeks! Why can't those projection keyboards be popular and efficient yet??

SOAD/metal cruise talk behind the spoiler!

OMG I loved System of a Down and I was always sad that I never got to see them live. Slipknot has been around for a while now, they lost their bass player to an overdose a few years back and then fired their drummer recently (huge s***storm) and I feel like it's been years since they've actually held a big US tour. I remember being way too young for the last one I wanted to go to but I really only got into going to every show possible about 2 years ago.

The only metal cruise I know of is 70000 Tons of Metal that goes out of either Fort Lauderdale or Miami and goes to a Caribbean destination every January. This past one left on the 22nd, went to Ocho Rios, Jamaica, and returned on the 26th. It's usually on the Majesty of the Seas from Royal Caribbean but this year it was on the Liberty, which is a bigger ship. So 3000 fans and 60 bands playing 2 shows each. The cheapest cabin is $666 (lol of course) per person for a quadruple interior cabin - 2 low twin beds, 2 twin beds that come out of the ceiling, and no window. There's also a $333 booking charge which includes gratuities for the people who work for you on the ship - cabin steward, waiter, etc.

I have one friend who wants to go for sure next year if she can save up the money, and I'm trying to recruit another friend - her family is very well off so money isn't an issue and she does want to go, BUT she's going to school in Australia right now so it may not be possible.

@@ohsailor that's true, I regretted not seeing After Forever for YEARS until just recently when their vocalist and her new band (ReVamp) came to tour and I told myself I HAD to go and went 2 hours out of town the night before an 8AM final LOL. I had such a migraine that I answered about 80% of the questions and just walked out 45 minutes into a 3 hour exam. I still got the 2nd highest grade in the class.

@  Go to the concert.  You have no idea what next January will bring. Enjoy life now!

Also, you just missed an epic metal cruise, which I realize is probably a little old for your taste, but it was crazy fun.
Do you mean 70K? If you went on that I'm dying of jealousy! Wintersun is my all time favourite band and Ensiferum is in my top 3 and my friend and there were at least 10 more bands that I also really like on that damn cruise!

@@FormosaHoney

That would be such an amazing business! There have actually been times where a freshly washed shirt just would not fit at all and I would have to wear a bodysuit underneath that would smoosh my boobs down. But then I would feel really self conscious because I feel like people would probably notice the fluctuating chest size and start thinking that I'm stuffing my bras when it's the other way around. The sad thing is that I'm not even THAT busty because lol Asian genes, but in VS I wear a 34D, and I have a few 32DD ones from ASOS. It's weird because I was browsing instagram the other day and this one ~instagram famous~ girl's pic popped up and she was insisting her boobs are real and that she's a 34D... but her boobs looked twice as big as mine.

@@Kelli

Yeah, the whole Joey situation is such a mess - I don't think they'll ever officially say what actually went down. It's sad because I remember seeing that one video where they suspended him upside down while he did a solo and it was the coolest thing EVER to 12-13 year old me. 1.5 hours would probably turn into at least 2.5 during rush hour tbh and I'll definitely be peeved because I'll be on the tollway paying $1.75 per toll while going 10 mph. If only I knew for sure Montreal was gonna be a thing for me again this year... I've held a part time research assistant position for the past 1.5 years and I've saved every single penny of those paychecks for my ~travel fund~

I think the best solution is just buy a reserved seating ticket sometime over this weekend and just wait and see what happens. If I do find out I'll be going to Montreal, I'll skip the Houston show and either try to sell the ticket or just eat the cost (about $70).

Last edited by a moderator:
@ Most people are wearing the wrong size bra. I thought I was a ddd for years until I tried a g, yes g, yikes!! My rib cage is small so I need a 36 G, but if I hadn't had a fitting I would never thought to try that size. 

@@FormosaHoney I think that may be best idea I've ever heard. I typically will wear a tank under a button up because it's really the only way I can wear a shirt that fits through the torso. The alternative is a shirt that buttons and looks like a tent. ** NOT cute

@@FormosaHoney

That would be such an amazing business! There have actually been times where a freshly washed shirt just would not fit at all and I would have to wear a bodysuit underneath that would smoosh my boobs down. But then I would feel really self conscious because I feel like people would probably notice the fluctuating chest size and start thinking that I'm stuffing my bras when it's the other way around. The sad thing is that I'm not even THAT busty because lol Asian genes, but in VS I wear a 34D, and I have a few 32DD ones from ASOS. It's weird because I was browsing instagram the other day and this one ~instagram famous~ girl's pic popped up and she was insisting her boobs are real and that she's a 34D... but her boobs looked twice as big as mine.

THIS!!!  At certain times, I've had no choice but to stuff my bra.  

I wear my padded bra from time to time depending on how much I need to 'hold up' the look of a fitted suit jacket and I'm sure people are wondering what's going on THERE...

It wasn't up until working for Cartier that I ever wore a padded bra.  My thought was, this is what I've got and I don't want to create any false advertisement, but there are no women's suits out there that doesn't assume that the wearer has a bust size of at least an A...  I'm more like an AA.  I don't want a men's outline, but just a little bump to denote some difference, LOL..  I'm fine with my AAs and boyfriends have been fine

with it but the damnnnnnnnnnn fashion houses that create work clothing is DEFINETELY NOT FINE WITH IT!!!!!!

@@SaraP yeah, I know for sure my mother is wearing the wrong size but she won't listen (she's got back fat drooping over and bulging out from under the bands, the bands are stretched to their last seam, and her boobs are spilling out but she ~insists~ she's a 34D. I gave up trying to explain. She's kind of got Kim Kardashian Syndrome where she tries to squeeze into clothes that are at least 2 sizes too small). My grandma was wearing the wrong size but I switched her to front closing sports bras because she told me she has difficulty clasping bras in the back (and she couldn't figure out how the twisty front closures on the bras I have work). I'm personally waiting for my boobs to stop changing before I get remeasured. I've gone up a cup size every year for the past 4 years even though my weight has remained stable.

@@FormosaHoney lol I ran out of clean bras once except one super padded one I accidentally bought online, went over to the bf's, and he was just like  :blink: . I always wear a lightly padded bra because, well, if anyone is staring at my chest it'll be staring back. I went out for a run on thursday and wore an unpadded sports bra and a thin puma running shirt, came back home, looked in the mirror, and  :unsure2:   :unsure2:  "DAMN IT"

There are actually a couple of online stores that are targeted at curvy women. The first ones that come to mind are Bravissimo/Pepperberry and eShakti. eShakti lets you input your measurements and will cut to size.

@@SaraP yeah, I know for sure my mother is wearing the wrong size but she won't listen (she's got back fat drooping over and bulging out from under the bands, the bands are stretched to their last seam, and her boobs are spilling out but she ~insists~ she's a 34D. I gave up trying to explain. She's kind of got Kim Kardashian Syndrome where she tries to squeeze into clothes that are at least 2 sizes too small). My grandma was wearing the wrong size but I switched her to front closing sports bras because she told me she has difficulty clasping bras in the back (and she couldn't figure out how the twisty front closures on the bras I have work). I'm personally waiting for my boobs to stop changing before I get remeasured. I've gone up a cup size every year for the past 4 years even though my weight has remained stable.

@@FormosaHoney lol I ran out of clean bras once except one super padded one I accidentally bought online, went over to the bf's, and he was just like  :blink: . I always wear a lightly padded bra because, well, if anyone is staring at my chest it'll be staring back. I went out for a run on thursday and wore an unpadded sports bra and a thin puma running shirt, came back home, looked in the mirror, and  :unsure2:   :unsure2:  "DAMN IT"
LOL! That's a great attitude to have. My bras are completely not padded and I get so self-conscious when it's even slightly cold that I wind up crossing my arms and/or wearing extra layers.

First of all....  HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH  

Mine also stares back!!  It's really embarassing, people look and then I'm thinking, oh and I don't really have much to look at and I need apologze for making them look!??!?!!!

This clothing size issue reminds me of another pet peeve I have. I'm average height at 5'5 but dresses are RARELY long enough for me! And I'm not talking about needing a dress to be knee length - I just need a dress to cover my butt or be mid-thigh when I'm standing up! Every time I tried to buy a dress online I'd look at the model's measurements - "model is 5'10, wearing a size small" and the dress would be 2-3 inches above her thigh. I'd buy it thinking I'd be totally safe, and... womp womp. Say hello to my new tshirt/tank top. Or I'm in a store browsing around and see something I LOVE, and it still ends up not covering my butt. I guess I have an obnoxiously long torso - I have a friend who's 6'6 and we're the same "height" when sitting down. I think I just need to look for dresses in tall sections.

I ordered a midi dress from ASOS a while back and it was above the knee for me LOL. Sadly it wouldn't zip up all the way because of my chest so I gave it to a friend. She's only an inch or two shorter than me and it was midi length on her. I feel like I'm breaking physics.

@@LindaD @@FormosaHoney sometimes I marvel at ladies who are lucky enough to be able to go braless for certain tops/dresses that require it. I have some tops where I just begrudgingly let the bra band show slightly rather than try to go without one. I did have a stick on bra at one point but it was so uncomfortable and weird lol.

I have $15 in ebay bucks that I have to use by tomorrow...for the life of me I can't think of anything to use it on!

I just got an email from Ulta with another 20% off code - did anyone verify/disprove that we can still doublestack coupons?

Not sure on the stacking, but ebates has a 20% code and 6% back. (If anyone needs a 2nd code)

I just tried it, it's letting me do it too :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> This came at a perfect time, I need more pore strips and I've been wanting to try Palladio's rice powder (tbh at $5 I would've bought it full price anyways), and NYX is BOGO 50% off lippies so helloooo more matte lip creams.

Just a quick update on the neiman marcus la prairie code... I bought two midday dash nail polishes and both DID arrive today with the La Prairie sample

@ what inseam do you wear? You're about my height (I'm 5'5 and like 5/8 or so.. I usually round up to 5'6) but I have long legs and a short torso. Even so, a lot of stuff is really short on me.. It just depends on where you shop. I.e. br, limited, whbm, Ann Taylor are all fine, but younger stores like express have a lot of too short dresses.

Also, there are various different chest shapes.. If you reddit, there's a sub /r/abrathatfits that talks about that. I'm always thinking my girls look really small, but lately I've been wearing 32d, tho I can wear a lot of 32c but it's tight. Whenever I see others with my size their girls always look so much bigger than mine do. I think it's because mine are shallow, not projected. When I wear an unpadded sports bra it looks like I have nothing. I hate that.

@@nerdi for jeans? Usually a 28 won't look too ridiculous on me but depending on the shoes I wear I may roll them up an inch or two ;-; what you said about stores makes a lot of sense. Since I only wear pants to work, I try not to spend much money on my casual/party clothes so I raid cheaper stores like shasa, H&M, charlotte russe, or F21. And of course since they're so cheap, they'll try to use less fabric to cut costs too.

I'll check out the subreddit when I get on my laptop later! We must have similar chest types, sports bras do the same to me and I always feel like it should hurt to compress them so much. I'm actually glad that they do that for me though since I run and kickbox (not currently, but gonna start back up soon) so the last thing I want is my boobs jiggling all over the place. It does mean that I can only wear tank tops over the bra when I work out though, otherwise I look like I have pecs lmao.

Ugh wtf, I'm finally trying to place my Ulta order and it's not letting me use my gift card, OR 2 different credit cards...

@@nerdi for jeans? Usually a 28 won't look too ridiculous on me but depending on the shoes I wear I may roll them up an inch or two ;-; what you said about stores makes a lot of sense. Since I only wear pants to work, I try not to spend much money on my casual/party clothes so I raid cheaper stores like shasa, H&M, charlotte russe, or F21. And of course since they're so cheap, they'll try to use less fabric to cut costs too.

I'll check out the subreddit when I get on my laptop later! We must have similar chest types, sports bras do the same to me and I always feel like it should hurt to compress them so much. I'm actually glad that they do that for me though since I run and kickbox (not currently, but gonna start back up soon) so the last thing I want is my boobs jiggling all over the place. It does mean that I can only wear tank tops over the bra when I work out though, otherwise I look like I have pecs lmao.
Omg! I wear 32 inseam!! Actually 31 is probably perfect but they never have that.28 is above my ankles.

Crazy long torso! Lucky... Clothes must look really good on you.

Having gone to the page on the latest...  I'd liket to position that I come here to feel good and share information - in that order. 

Receiving information in a less then optimum environment is not desirable and nor does it generate additional users.  

I worked in publicly traded high-tech firm and we understand having as many eye balls as possible, but we also consistantly conduct consumer experience feed backs, to ensure that a positive consumer experience is being sustained.

It's sort of a management 101 thing, as a matter of fact, back in grad school I recall them having us play a game via SW on running our own business all the variable can be adjusted and we got an idea of how things effect each other.  

I mean honestly, everything in life is about acquisition; data, ARPU (average revenue per user), SEO or in the case of this board, for me - warm fizzes and information.  But maintaining the balance, that's the trick in keeping everything running.  

The replacement thing...  it's double edged sword, everyone and everything is replaceable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back