• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Enablers...and anyone who wants to share their shopping deals! (part 2)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@

I may go check out the the Guerlain Meteorites Blush tomorrow instead of getting the palette. That is if my daughter will cooperate. Its so pretty though!

Cross posting from the sephora discussion thread...

so right now at Sephora you can get Ole Henriksen's Fab 5 for $55.

This set contains:
- 1.5 oz African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser™ 
- 10 x The Clean Truth™ Cleansing Cloths
- 0.5 oz Truth Serum® Collagen Booster 
- 0.5 oz Lemon Strip Flash Peel

- 0.5 oz Pure Truth™ Youth Activating Oil

On Ole Henriksen's website you can get a similar set for $38.40 (on sale).

Collection Includes
  • african red tea foaming cleanser™ 4.0 oz.
  • the clean truth™ cleansing cloths 10 pack
  • truth serum® collagen booster 0.5 oz.
  • pure truth™ youth activating oil 0.5 oz.
  • sheer transformation® 0.5 oz.
  • invigorating night treatment™ 0.5 oz.
ETA:  use code FREESHIP on Ole's site and shipping is free

ETA:  if you spend more than $50, you get free shipping and a .5 oz walnut scrub with code WALNUTSCRUB - also 4% ebates (I don't know about you but I was enabled!!! LOL)

Last edited by a moderator:
I emailed zoya about the holiday promo since it was taking so long. Here is the response:

[SIZE=10pt]Hello,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Thank you for contacting us. Everything looks perfectly fine with your order. As stated in the NYNH promotion details, the orders would not begin processing until the promotion had ended and it may take up to 5 weeks for processing. Unfortunately I don’t have a better estimation for you outside of the fact that it may take up to 5 weeks. You will receive an email with a tracking # once your order ships so that you have a better idea of when to expect the package. If you have any additional questions, feel free to get in touch with us![/SIZE]
Guess I just have to keep waiting until they ship it, whenever that may be...
makes sense. I didn't see this note in this promo, but when I ordered their "4th of July special" last year they did say that it may take up to 40 days to process it. And sure enough, it did (sigh). 

I'm sure they will ship it eventually, but this is annoying. Especially because on of the nail polishes I was going to order was in "high demand" and "could delay processing of your order", so I substituted it for something else. 

makes sense. I didn't see this note in this promo, but when I ordered their "4th of July special" last year they did say that it may take up to 40 days to process it. And sure enough, it did (sigh). 

I'm sure they will ship it eventually, but this is annoying. Especially because on of the nail polishes I was going to order was in "high demand" and "could delay processing of your order", so I substituted it for something else.
I got the same message at checkout. I'm glad I didn't change my order. If I'm waiting this long already, at least I'm waiting for polishes I really really love.

Re: Hourglass palettes. Pretty much every review I have ever heard of complaints about the massive kick-up of product, but I have read a few that say if you can work through the initial fallout, you can get a really pretty look and then you just have to clean it up a bit afterwords.

Should a product take that much effort to apply? I'm inclined to think not, but then again I guess it depends on how much you love the final results. I haven't gotten mine yet, so I can't say from experience. I ordered from Space.NK since I had N.dulge N.centives so I'll be keeping the thing either way. :lol:

I've never ordered from Zoya before this promo but this is a ridiculous processing time.  I'm glad it got brought up here because I did not notice that when making my order.  Like that's not even a thing I check for because I've never seen a processing time even a quarter of that time.

Maybe I only ever order Zoya when they have a promo because their processing has always always been slow for me.  I once ordered the same day I ordered my BB Cream from W2Beauty and my BB cream got here first, with free shipping...from Korea.

I got the same message at checkout. I'm glad I didn't change my order. If I'm waiting this long already, at least I'm waiting for polishes I really really love.
I hear you. I don't really regret the substitute, as I ended up getting one more from Pixie Dust series, which is being discontinues. It just peeves me that I tried to avoid delays, and here I'm almost four weeks later...

I'm too impatient to wait 40 days! Don't they know I need it now?!?
Tell me about it, lol

I have one more macbook question for y'all - how study is the keyboard? Obviously it isn't a deal breaker or anything since I've already gotten the laptop, I just realised I forgot to ask and I want to figure out if I should calm down with my typing. I'm a notoriously angry typer lmao. Back at school all my classmates would tell me they could tell I was in the room just by hearing me punching the keys, and how if they hadn't watched me type real words super fast they would think that I was just typing a bunch of gibberish. I scrape dents into keys on an embarrassingly regular basis - my HP keyboard lasted about 3 months before I had carved a pea sized dent into several keys LOL. (I'm honestly shocked that my piano keys have remained intact over the years - my old teacher used to always lecture me on keeping my nails short so I wouldn't make any tapping noises when playing but I refused to listen, I just adjusted the way I played instead)

Re: Hourglass palettes. Pretty much every review I have ever heard of complaints about the massive kick-up of product, but I have read a few that say if you can work through the initial fallout, you can get a really pretty look and then you just have to clean it up a bit afterwords.

Should a product take that much effort to apply? I'm inclined to think not, but then again I guess it depends on how much you love the final results. I haven't gotten mine yet, so I can't say from experience. I ordered from Space.NK since I had N.dulge N.centives so I'll be keeping the thing either way. :lol:
I've read reviews that say basically, yeah they have a lot of fallout...but if you tap off the brush before applying it goes on okay.  

I look at it this way...the ambient powders/blushes are very soft and have a lot of product kick up/powdery fluff.  These shadows are supposed to be similar but for eyes etc, so they're probably going to be similar in consistency--and a lot of reviews say they are.  They are starting to sound like a lot of work to apply, for me.  

I haven't bought a palette, yet, if I even do.  I think they are gorgeous to look at, but the one I like the most has basically the same colors as the little free promo Dior 5 eyeshadow palette.  I  already have and love that little mini, and when it is gone I'll probably just replace it with the full size--or I might take a look at the Hourglass equivalent if it is still around then.  I was expecting more variety of colors when they released them.  It is a ton of similar browns and neutrals, and then either purple or green (or dark grey I don't wear).  

If anybody has (or is getting) the palette in Atmosphere can you please post swatches?  That's the one I have a potential eye on.  

I have one more macbook question for y'all - how study is the keyboard? Obviously it isn't a deal breaker or anything since I've already gotten the laptop, I just realised I forgot to ask and I want to figure out if I should calm down with my typing. I'm a notoriously angry typer lmao. Back at school all my classmates would tell me they could tell I was in the room just by hearing me punching the keys, and how if they hadn't watched me type real words super fast they would think that I was just typing a bunch of gibberish. I scrape dents into keys on an embarrassingly regular basis - my HP keyboard lasted about 3 months before I had carved a pea sized dent into several keys LOL. (I'm honestly shocked that my piano keys have remained intact over the years - my old teacher used to always lecture me on keeping my nails short so I wouldn't make any tapping noises when playing but I refused to listen, I just adjusted the way I played instead)
I'm a forceful typer as well.  I haven't had any issues with the keys on our old mac book.  The issue I always have (for any brand) is my fingers are very acidic apparently, and I dissolve all the markings off anything my fingers touch, lol.  But I know where the keys are by touch so I don't really have issues since I don't look at the keys to use them.  

I've never had any keys on the mac get stuck or break, etc etc.  They are pretty sturdy over all.  

I hear you. I don't really regret the substitute, as I ended up getting one more from Pixie Dust series, which is being discontinues. It just peeves me that I tried to avoid delays, and here I'm almost four weeks later...

Tell me about it, lol
I know right, they always have such long processing times on all those special deals.  I can't order from them with the deals anymore, I have no ability to wait that long and I end up getting irritated and cancel the order.  :-\  

For anyone needing to be all proper and pressed for work every once in a while, Brooks Brother's having a 50% winter clearance.  I got the following for school, interviews and (fingers crossed) work after my program.

Their shirts are normally $100 a pop, expensive but well worth it.  Their non-irons are amazing, never thought I could get excited about a dress shirt.  The fabric is the perfect weight, there are 3 fit, classic, fitted and tailored, the last being most closely cut to your figure.  There is regular and petite.  I went in and got myself measured and fitted so now I just wait for sales.  

You'll look incredibly handsome all day, yes girls can be that!  I had gotten 5 of them a couple of years back (on sale of course) when I was retailing at Cartier and just adore them.  You can wash them in your washing machine - not take them to the cleaners and they look expertly pressed by morning, almost magical.  Like I get as excited as good skin care when I think of them.  

If you set up an account you'll receive $10 off $50+ purchases.

Screen Shot 2015-01-30 at 10.48.28 PM.png

I'm a forceful typer as well.  I haven't had any issues with the keys on our old mac book.  The issue I always have (for any brand) is my fingers are very acidic apparently, and I dissolve all the markings off anything my fingers touch, lol.  But I know where the keys are by touch so I don't really have issues since I don't look at the keys to use them.  

I've never had any keys on the mac get stuck or break, etc etc.  They are pretty sturdy over all.  
LOL yes that's happened to every laptop I've ever owned - not really sure if my nails scraped them off or if my fingers melted them off :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> same difference, really. I have all the keys memorised too so it's no issue either. I only have to look when I'm typing numbers from the row. I grew up using the number pad so I still get confused with the row, but of course I don't type numbers nearly as often as letters.

@@FormosaHoney

how roomy are those shirts in the bust area? you've definitely sold me on the being able to just toss them in the washing machine aspect, but the main reason I don't have many button-down shirts is because they ALWAYS gape open between my boobs, which of course ruins the whole professional aspect. It doesn't matter if I use fashion tape, it'll still pop open before the end of the day. The worst is when I'm presenting and have to be dressed professionally, one mindless stretch and boom, buttons just start popping open.

could the 'dents' be just oil from your fingers depositing onto the keys? if so, that WILL happen with the macbook keyboard as well, as they did their keys in matte.. some people put keyboard protectors but i'm not a fan of those. in terms of durability, the keys are very sturdy. i've had an issue once with the keyboard -- the space bar somehow got misaligned, but i fixed it myself with the help of a youtube video tutorial. i had to remove the space bar, and tinker with the little spring mechanism thingy inside, but it wasn't that hard. btw, did you get an air or a pro? how's the battery life? i just realized again how much i loved that i can just forget about the power cord while using my macbook air for the whole day. i was working at the coffee shop earlier, and was happy that 73% battery life means 8+ hours more! (i was using google chrome an a couple ms office programs)...and the best part is, i've had my macbook for a year and a half now. i really thought that the long battery life will quickly diminish in a couple of months, but i was wrong!

P.S. the letter/character markings don't fade.

@@saku I got an air :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I figured with my track record for laptops I better start off with the cheapest version just in case lol. I just noticed that the markings are actually light shining through from under the keys LOL oops. Nope, unfortunately they're not just oil deposits - my old toshiba got the worst of my typing, I had actually carved a good 2mm of plastic off some of the keys and you could see the keys curving inwards when they used to be flat. I'm the horrible person who works with my laptop plugged in at all times if there's a plug available so I have no idea of how the battery life is yet lol. (I'm also THAT person who starts freaking out about phone battery life the instant it dips below 70% - which only takes about 30 minutes on my iPhone <_<   I have a charger case AND two portable batteries to get me through long days  :wacko: ) But it's really awesome to hear that yours lasts so long!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back