Fortune Cookie Soap: 2014 Spring Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine landed today!  And I could smell it even before I opened the mailbox. 

I like the scent of the Steam Me Up because incense?  Pagan shop?  Head shop?  Sign me up!  But I hatehate*hate* the specific name of the scent.  I realize they probably don't realize where that quote originally came from and think it's a fun reference to a particular rap song, but, well, not a pleasant origin.  Straight outta _Full Metal Jacket_.  More than slightly triggery.  Not happy times. 

Anyway. Moving on...
  • OCDs:  I use them to (of all things) clean ballpoint pen ink from my desk at work (I just don't go through them quickly enough to consider that to be a waste.  I'm still using the one from the fall 2012 box for this purpose, and I've received three or four more since that one that I've barely made a dent in!), but the shimmer in this one makes me think that I will be saving this for more glitter-appropriate situations, like Comic Con. 
  • Body wash:  I'm not crazy about the scent because I'm just not a huge coconut fan, but I do like it every once in a while, so I'm good with this one. 
  • Bath fizzy:  The Bloom Bloom Room (I love this name!) is a bit on the candy-sweet side, but I might be able to tolerate it if it was a body wash. 
  • Fortune Cookie Soap:  This is a lot heavier on the verbena than I had been expecting, which is good, because I had An Unfortunate Incident about ten years ago involving lemons, blueberries, and a migraine, so I tend to have problems with blueberries, but this is so lemony that I think I might actually love it. 
  • Cuticle butter:  It's nice enough, but I'm not sure I like the scent enough to buy it in other products, and I do *not* need more cuticle butter.
  • Body butter:  Quite possibly my favorite!  This might be the scent I buy things in.  I have a particular fondness for jasmine because I got a little bottle of it that a few years ago during the last season of _Lost_, and I wore it every time I went to a particular movie theatre here that was showing it on one of the biggest screens in town.  It's magical to watch a show like that in a movie-sized audience!  I also watched the last half-season of _Battlestar Galactica_ and the last episode of _Breaking Bad_ there.  Good times, fantastic memories, and the smell of jasmine is forever linked to that amazing experience, even if the actual ending of the show was unsatisfying.  Also:  The name of the scent is Make It Rain.  I'm a Portlander.  I think it's just Meant To Be. 
  • Perfume oil:  I'm going to reserve judgement on this one until I can give it a full-day test.  I'm not sure how natural it is, but perfume oils have a tendency to morph wildly, and I have learned to never decide whether one will or will not work based solely on a sniff of the vial, especially when my initial sniff does not match the scent notes.  It smells very, *very* green, like leaves, which makes no sense considering the citrus and the jasmine.  I'm looking forward to giving it a try this weekend!  And they have sent out roller balls in the past, and I might be the only one who thinks this, but I'm really glad they just sent out a sample vial.  This is the perfect amount for testing.  I'm a little bit freaked out by the large rollerball they sent out for the NBC box.  And this is an *oil*, so it doesn't make me annoyed like Birchbox fragrance samples are.  Birchbox sends out alcohol-based stuff.  Do not like.  Oil-based?  Love.
Does anyone happen to remember what the OCD was in the Autumn 2013 box?  I've been trying to remember, but I'm drawing a blank.

ETA:  Sorry about all of the spoiler boxes!  My editor got all jacked up, and I can't seem to put everything in one box.

Quote: Originally Posted by bubbleteafaerie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my box today. It's official- marshmallow dreams is my new favorites scent!
I completely agree!! I think it smells so amazing!

I got my spring box today, and I love everything! Make it Rain is probably my least favorite scent in the box. This is my third FCS Soap Box and it is my favorite so far. I was hesitant about getting the spring box at all because I'm really not a floral person. Jasmine is the one exception, so I was thrilled to see it play such as strong role in the spring scents.

Quote: Originally Posted by bellatrix42 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my spring box today, and I love everything! Make it Rain is probably my least favorite scent in the box. This is my third FCS Soap Box and it is my favorite so far. I was hesitant about getting the spring box at all because I'm really not a floral person. Jasmine is the one exception, so I was thrilled to see it play such as strong role in the spring scents.
I agree, I'm not a huge fan of the lotion, but it's a pretty scent for floral-lovers, so I'm going to give it to my sister, I think. I was weary of the Spring box as well but they had such a variety in the types of scents, I was really pleased. This is my first box, but I had so much fun opening it and trying everything out it was my favorite subscription so far this month!

I finally got a chance to dig into my box that came Friday and that perfume oil is my new favorite scent. I absolutely love it! Will definitely be purchasing that one. Must stop smelling myself!

Eeeeeek sneak peek of the Summer box: 
wub.gif

1507109_10152177467931702_2063875575_n.jpg

Thanks for posting! I'm excited for this one. I also like sweet scents, and I'm a sucker for nostalgia.

I am not sure about the summer box....I may give all of that away to my nieces if it sweet candy smelling. 

I got my box on Saturday, it was my first one ever, and I loved it!  All the floral scents are things I never would have picked for myself, but now that I have them, I really like them.  The body butter is my fave!  I used it last night and my legs still feel soft and moisturized this morning.  The cuticle butter is also great, I really like the thick texture and how it almost just melts into my skin.  I am already looking forward to the summer box.

My box came last Friday.

Liked this. Smells like coconuts. Would buy this scent in other products (bar soap, Personal Space).
Liked this, not fond of OCD, but liked the scent.

My middle daughter claimed this as her own.

On the fence about the scent of this one.

Love the scent of this one. Will repurchase this and buy a bar soap or two of it.

Smells like blueberry-lemon muffins. Very sweet, passing it along to one of my girls.

Like the scent, would purchase a bar of soap in this scent or lotion. I don't take bathes (tub too small) and it arrived broken.

Also arrived broken. On the fence about the scent - I like it but at the same time don't like it. Pass for me. Too strong of a scent for my tastes.

Back