Fortune Cookie Soap: 2014 Spring Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really, really hope they continue to only do the quarterly boxes. What drew me to getting these is that they're quarterly. Having a box of fun bath/body products that are curated to work with each season is awesome. I love that I got the Spring box right as I was getting sick of winter and all this snow. It has me looking forward to spring and using up all these products throughout the season. I feel that I should be almost done with everything right around the time the Summer box comes out.

I love that they have this big event-type thing for the release of the new products in the shop. I love the live feed/party they did last night with the giveaways and 20% off coupon etc. It makes it feel more special and makes me look forward to summer.

While it would be awesome to get a monthly box, I think it would burn out really quickly for me. I'd get way too many things and not only would I not have any need to use the $10 coupons (which I LOVE that they include) but I would probably end up canceling because I would just have too many products to get through.

I personally think rather than cheaper monthly boxes, they should continnue to do quarterly and maybe do special edition boxes every now and then between months to satisfy people that want more than quarterly, but to not step on the experience of those who enjoy the seasonal ones.

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I've already informed the mods but wanted to inform the members. I have given permission for the folks from Fortune Cookie Soap to create an account if they want to answer any questions people may have.

Personally... I'm still dying for someone to make strawberry-lemonade beauty products. Yes, I'm still hooked on that. LOL
Do you remember the strawberry lemonade from bath and body works in the early 90s?!? That was my all time favorite!!!

Do you remember the strawberry lemonade from bath and body works in the early 90s?!? That was my all time favorite!!!
Strawberry lemonade would be fabulous. I love fruity soap products.

Quote: Originally Posted by greenmtx /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wish I could say I did but in the early 90s I lived in an area without a mall. The nearest one was 75 miles away (the town I live at now actually) and Bath & Body Works didn't come to that mall until the early 2000s.

I would be all over a monthly box!   I placed a small order the other day, nothing from the spring collection, though.  I got the body butter sampler for me, the gelato bath bomb sampler and the cotton candy sugar scrub for my daughter for her birthday next month.  She's turning 6 and is such a girly girl, she always wants to use mom's "fancy" bath stuff.  I will probably pick up some spring stuff after they have a chance to restock.

Hmm i was thinking about ordering the spring box, but after getting high hopes for their winter box( me and my husband love The Nightmare Before Christmas) and loving everything in the box. We decided to place two large orders, only got one and had a shipping fiasco with our package lost and never sent, it kind of put a bad taste in our mouth. We got the package later and my husband was disappointed at the size of the items. He loves baths so much so he was sad when the bathsalts were small. Also almost all the things he ordered had glitter, and we read the ingredients before ordering and none of the items said glitter :/ also one of the lotions burned both of us so bad and we arent allergic to anything or the other lotions we ordered. Their customer service was amazing though and found our lost package and refunded us for the lotion. Which i think is really amazing. But i honestly think it would hurt them more if they did monthly boxes. They hand make everything and only have one store. Also many people were reporting a longer time than stated to get their boxes. They have thousands of subscribers and a small area and staff to work with. I love their scents and products though, and we will order again soon, but i think they should be REALLY prepared for if they do it monthy. Im not trying to bash them in anyway and im sorry if this post offends or makes anyone not want to purchase(please do! Their products are really good quallity! I love their dry shampoo!) but this is just my opinion. I hope you guys all like your boxes though! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by Dreamflame /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmm i was thinking about ordering the spring box, but after getting high hopes for their winter box( me and my husband love The Nightmare Before Christmas) and loving everything in the box. We decided to place two large orders, only got one and had a shipping fiasco with our package lost and never sent, it kind of put a bad taste in our mouth. We got the package later and my husband was disappointed at the size of the items. He loves baths so much so he was sad when the bathsalts were small. Also almost all the things he ordered had glitter, and we read the ingredients before ordering and none of the items said glitter :/ also one of the lotions burned both of us so bad and we arent allergic to anything or the other lotions we ordered. Their customer service was amazing though and found our lost package and refunded us for the lotion. Which i think is really amazing. But i honestly think it would hurt them more if they did monthly boxes. They hand make everything and only have one store. Also many people were reporting a longer time than stated to get their boxes. They have thousands of subscribers and a small area and staff to work with. I love their scents and products though, and we will order again soon, but i think they should be REALLY prepared for if they do it monthy. Im not trying to bash them in anyway and im sorry if this post offends or makes anyone not want to purchase(please do! Their products are really good quallity! I love their dry shampoo!) but this is just my opinion. I hope you guys all like your boxes though!
smile.gif

Email them or suggest to them on their FB that it would be nice if the items didn't contain glitter or if it was clearly stated on the site that it does. My boys love their products but some of the items they can't use because of the glitter.

Thank you! I never really thought about that before, i will request that with our next order :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i dont mind glitter but its a no no for my husband lol

Restock! 15% off with LOVEYA. I grabbed a couple more things and the soap sampler. Got my first order two days ago- loved everything! The only thing I was disappointed in was the Sandy Claws Whipped Cream. I just didn't smell the chocolate/chai like in the description. 

Crap! Just made and order and forgot about the discount! Oh well, that's okay.

So I won my choice of body butter and a scrub so I picked Make It Rain. They shipped it with my order, which I received over a week ago. I just realized tonight that the scrub - while still sealed - leaked oil. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It's fine but I'm disappointed that I lost a bit of that oil goodness! LOL I'm in love with the Make It Rain line. The night the line launched I ordered:

"Sally" Personal Space   $9.99 1 $9.99 "Make It Rain" Wax Tart   $2.00 1 $2.00 "Make It Rain" Mist Me? - 6 oz.   $9.99 1 $9.99 "Make It Rain" Fortune Cookie Soap - no packaging   $3.69 1 $3.69 "Make It Rain" Roll On Perfume   $7.99 1 $7.99 "Make It Rain" Personal Space - 4.oz   $9.99 1 $9.99 "Make It Rain" Body Wash - 6 oz.   $10.99 1 $10.99 "Make It Rain" Bar Soap   $6.95 2 $13.90
Tonight I ordered:

"Make It Rain" Mist Me? - 6 oz.   $9.99 1 $9.99 "Make It Rain" Steam Me Up Scotty! - set of 3   $5.99 1 $5.99 "Make It Rain" Solid Shampoo Bar - No packaging   $8.99 1 $8.99 "Make It Rain" Solid Conditioner Bar - No packaging   $8.49 1 $8.49 "Make it Rain" Hydrate Me   $9.99 1 $9.99 "Make It Rain" Whipped Cream - In Cosmetic Jar 5.0 oz.   $10.99 1 $10.99
Yes, I'm obsessed with "Make It Rain". LOL

@zadidoll   The LOVEYA discount was only good through March 4th at midnight CST.  It always makes me feel better if I know I couldn't have used a code anyway when I think I've forgotten. 

Enjoy all the FCS goodies!

I think I'll be making an order later in the month when they release the Easter goodies. 

Hey guys, I just had a quick question.. in the quarterly boxes, how large are the sample sizes? I'm trying to figure out if they're large enough to justify 20$ every 3 months. I've never tried their products, but I've always heard great things about them and figured this would be a great way to start. I've saw some people say they can never use all the products up by the next box, but then I've seen people say the samples are small.

Quote: Originally Posted by trustlust /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hey guys, I just had a quick question.. in the quarterly boxes, how large are the sample sizes? I'm trying to figure out if they're large enough to justify 20$ every 3 months. I've never tried their products, but I've always heard great things about them and figured this would be a great way to start. I've saw some people say they can never use all the products up by the next box, but then I've seen people say the samples are small.

Sample sizes vary depending on what is sent out. Typically there are one to two full size items but not always. You can always count on a Fortune Cookie soap to be in it. For example this month the FCS was this:

Some full size items have previously been sent out in past boxes include a single Steam Me Up Scotty shower steamer, full size roll on perfume and full size hand sanitizer. Typically everything else is sample size but the samples of the whipped cream, scrubs and things of that nature are fairly generous.

Quote: Originally Posted by trustlust /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They're small but not super small. They're definitely deluxe sized in that it will take you a while to use them! Especially if you're like me and you rotate through a few shower gels/lotions/perfumes/etc at any given time. 

You get eight products, plus $10 to spend in the store on  full-sized stuff so I'd say it's a pretty good deal for $20. 

The theme for the summer box is 'Candy Isle' (kinda like Candy Land) if that makes your decision any easier! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  They're small but not super small. They're definitely deluxe sized in that it will take you a while to use them! Especially if you're like me and you rotate through a few shower gels/lotions/perfumes/etc at any given time. 

You get eight products, plus $10 to spend in the store on  full-sized stuff so I'd say it's a pretty good deal for $20. 

The theme for the summer box is 'Candy Isle' (kinda like Candy Land) if that makes your decision any easier! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks ya'll :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I believe I will try it out and just cancel if I don't like it :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The samples are small. However, I believe it is worth $20. You will also receive a $10 off code with your box. The products are amazing. Here is a picture to better show sizes.

Quote: Originally Posted by ajkballard /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The samples are small. However, I believe it is worth $20. You will also receive a $10 off code with your box. The products are amazing. Here is a picture to better show sizes.
Too funny!  I enlarged this pic to see the products better, and I kept thinking "boy that product on top of the perfume sure has strange packaging.  What is it?  Looks like a finger???  But it isn't Halloween."  It wasn't until I closed the pic that I saw it was a thumb, along with fingers and an arm attached, just as they should be, lol!  I'd love to try this company, but I can't sub to anything else.  I can barely afford my subs now, and I only justify keeping what I do because they give you such a great value that I have to buy less because of them.  If I ever get the money, though, this company has now made my list!

Oh, by the way, how would you use the soaps that look like fortune cookies?  They are so cute, but it seems like they'd just break or melt or something.

Quote: Originally Posted by Heather Hicks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Oh, by the way, how would you use the soaps that look like fortune cookies?  They are so cute, but it seems like they'd just break or melt or something.

In a "soap saver" type of bag/loofah. You can make your own by sewing one of those loofah towels to form a pocket around the soap.

Latest posts

Back